Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 P.R.Handgrenade69
Msg: 176
Would you date a man who wore makeup?Page 8 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Well, I saw a profile of someone who has makeup on. He is an entertainer so that is why he wears it. He also has 'everyday' pics up also where he isn't wearing any. That is something different. People that are into the Goth scene wear it everyday and since it is a part of who they are then I don't see anything wrong with it. But if it is someone who isn't a part of a 'culture' and wears it everyday then I would I question that. I can't take anyone seriously that way or see myself touching up my makeup alongside a person who is doing it also.....he may want to use my makeup.
 gracengracie
Msg: 177
Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 5/4/2009 4:52:56 AM
I don't even wear make up..... NO I wouldn't....
I can even imagine me waiting for him to finish putting HIS make up on!!!!
 whytwater
Msg: 178
Posted: 5/4/2009 5:11:43 AM

What's funny is that in every other species, it's the male that has all the bright colors and the females that are usually bland

LOL! Yeah, kinda makes you feel that women who apply red and blue to their lips and eyes, and color their hair yellow/blonde, the most rudimentary (remedial, lol) colors, are really saying that we human males are among the slowest students in the class of creatures. Lol. They may have a point.
 Trishinwi2009
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:13:26 AM
The last man I had a long term relationship with was an entertainer - and he wore makeup...I wouldn't recommend dating an entertainer OR a guy who wears more make up or hairspray than you do....

Use to tick me off when I'd go to do my hair or makeup and couldn't find it or it was gone! LOL!
 Paul_L
Msg: 180
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:23:51 AM
What did they call that whole fad that was going on a couple of years ago.... metrosexual.

Give me a break, thank god I still have my pair!

This whole threads reminds of the bad guy in Silence of the Lambs when he was putting makeup on in front of the mirror and stuffing his junk between his legs. I was reminded of that scene recently thanks to Family Guy and Chris Griffin doing it.

"Would you do me".... "yeah I'd do me"........
 Brunette Girl 425
Msg: 181
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:33:19 AM

This whole threads reminds of the bad guy in Silence of the Lambs when he was putting makeup on in front of the mirror ....

LMAO. Hopefully the make-up wearing man in question does not have a dog named Precious!

"The significance of the moth is change. Caterpillar into chrysalis or pupa, from thence into beauty. Our Billy wants to change, too." Hannibal Lecter
 Trishinwi2009
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:37:38 AM

This whole threads reminds of the bad guy in Silence of the Lambs when he was putting makeup on in front of the mirror and stuffing his junk between his legs.

The guy from clerks II did a pretty good rendition of that scene too! LMAO!
 Moon Goddess
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2009 12:00:02 PM
Reflecting upon this question I realized there is one exception to my answer...

Only if he was a Juggalo painting his face for an ICP show!!!
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 184
Posted: 5/5/2009 1:47:34 PM
Sure.

I was once involved with a man who painted his toenails.

Some guys look hot with makeup. Not all do though.
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 185
Posted: 5/5/2009 1:51:22 PM
People who think like this should be beaten to death.

I'd rather date a guy who wears makeup than a guy who's close minded, biggoted and judgemental.
 coinoperatedgirl
Msg: 186
Posted: 5/5/2009 2:19:03 PM
I find the eyeliner thing, sexy on some. But if he wants to get all dolled up, not my kind of dude.
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 187
Posted: 5/5/2009 4:11:37 PM

Reflecting upon this question I realized there is one exception to my answer...

Only if he was a Juggalo painting his face for an ICP show!!!

Woop woop! *swings hatchet*
 notdesperate36
Msg: 188
Posted: 5/5/2009 4:14:15 PM
NOPE.....it would make me wonder if he was wearing my undies too..
 Katwillow
Msg: 189
Posted: 5/7/2009 9:10:34 AM
I suppose so, although, I don't think it's ever been an issue. I would have to wonder and would probably ask why he would want to, or felt he needed to (or had to). They are the same questions men have asked me.

Men have been wearing powders, concealers, eye color, eye liners, etc. for centuries (google it if you want to know more)...for the same reasons generally that women wear make-up - to conceal, high-light, enhance.

I wear eye shadow, liner, and mascara - that's it - and not everyday - and not every time I go out. It doesn't define my beauty, it enhances it. Men who wear make-up I imagine feel the same way.
 fancynanci
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 10:35:20 PM
No. I don't like men who wear make-up or lots of jewelry. Be a man. I'm the lady.
 js6seaj
Msg: 191
Posted: 7/18/2009 5:09:24 AM
As a point of interest if you are in the the military sometimes you put camo makeup on your face, I dare any one to make fun of a guy in camo with an M16, lol
 HazelRose
Msg: 192
Posted: 7/18/2009 5:23:19 AM
As a point of reference, every male species in the animal kingdom looks more beautiful than the female. Only with humans have we decided to reverse the pecking order. Funny. The male butterfly is more dramatic, the male baboon is more vibrant, the male seagull is white, and the male peacock has the great plummage.

In certain parts of Africa, the males make them selves up to be beautiful enough to steal the wives of another man. They win, too.

Alas, tough guys, look into guys like Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep, Joe Montana, Mike Tyson, and Randy "The Ice Pick" Couture for make up tips! Yes, they do wear make up. Welcome to the 21st Century, where male peacocks strut their stuff. Let the dance begin!
 Ependa
Msg: 193
Posted: 8/27/2009 11:02:34 PM
I guess..I don't know, it's never really come up. I don't wear make-up and I guess most the men I know don't either. I used to tease that the guy from the Used ticked me off cause he could put on eyeliner better than me (I really suck at putting on makeup). There's a thought, I probably would as long as he could do me up once in a while for a special occasion ;-)
 Musique08
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2009 6:36:37 PM
I don't wear make-up myself (other than nail varnish) but I wouldn't care if a guy did. Actually I'd like it if he at least shared my liking for nail varnish 'cause nail varnish is just cool!
 edster1224
Msg: 195
Posted: 9/12/2009 12:16:14 AM
Sure, if he's an actor and is going to be on TV or film. Other than that, he's either secretly gay or is trying to hard to make himself look good for women.

Ed
 varinia
Msg: 196
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:10:33 PM
Plenty of women are drooling over Adam Lambert. Eye liner didn't seem to have hurt his popularity - I'd have have no problem dating him, if he were swinging my way ;-)
 sub girl wanted
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2009 8:28:33 PM
Gene simmons woman hasnt done too bad.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2009 5:23:44 PM
There are so many times I have wanted to put eyeliner on men I met. I wish men would wear make up especially eyeliner or any make up that will make them look better. I would NOT want to see men wearing Boy George type make up, because that style is for girls. I do NOT want to see men weraring their make up the same style as girls do. There is a masculine way of wearing make up and and a femine way of wearing make up. Alot musicians wear eyeliner in this era. The Egyptians warriors and men during the Cleopatra era worn kohl black eyeliner. I think especially eyeliner and make up enhances everyone.
I am a Licensed Cosmetologist.
 Wild DNA
Msg: 199
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:34:55 PM
Hell No! There would be too much compitition lol... and I don't share my makeup!
 granz
Msg: 200
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:55:11 PM
I would go for it. I think the whole Jeffree Star look is a tad excessive, but anything else is welcome. Emo boys are especially cute.

I would go as far as to wear eye-liner, but I think anything else would look terrible on me. I have too many masculine features to pull it off.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?