Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 89
Over 60??Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Growing up I remember thinking that anyone over the age of 50 was practically a relic? I can tell you that I have certainly changed my opinion over the years...haha

Speaking of being over 60 I have to share a funny story that happened not all that long ago.

I grew up in a small community in Manitoba and I flew back home for a funeral Of course there were so many people there that I had not seen in years and years. Afterward everyone gathered around outside chatting and I noticed a man leaning against a tree watching me. He looked familiar but I couldn't place him.
Later when we went into the community hall for refreshments he came up to the table and I found myself looking into the most beautiful blue/grey eyes I had ever seen. Instantly I remembered who he was.
His name was Larry and I once had an enormous crush on him, I must have been 12 or 13 at the time and he was about 16. An older guy...hehe

On the drive back my niece asked me who that man was so I told her he was a guy I used to have a crush on when I was a young girl.

She looked at me with this concerned look on her face and said, "But Auntie, he's an old man."

I don't think it occurred to her that he was my age ~smiles~

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 7/29/2013 10:59:28 AM
Ah Mae.....good story!!

You do realize that your niece could be right though and compared to how you have matured, with your genetics and eating habits, someone your age could look significantly older! I get that often when I go home to visit with family members for many reasons and those family friends that do not know us that well, usually ask if I am the youngest and even though I take it as a compliment, my younger brothers and sisters do not!!

I have dated some in their early 60's that look less than 50 and those 50 that remind me of those that were once very attractive, but now, just old, and for that I feel somewhat insecure about how some might consider me. It ends up being all about attraction and compatibility, and age will only interfere with it, if age made its own choice to do so by aging some much more and faster then others.

cd
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 91
Over 60??
Posted: 7/29/2013 12:13:01 PM
Thanks cd....

I agree with you in part...dating is about attraction and compatibility but for me, age is an important factor. I prefer to date men who are closer to my age for many reasons, life experiences being number one.
Another reason is ( in my line of thinking)....most younger men are used to being with younger woman and I wouldn't be able to stop myself from thinking ....are they comparing my body with their younger, firmer ex's.

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 7/29/2013 2:06:57 PM
Omg Mae.......The thinking back to when young, the fantasies of those had, and those lost never go away, and when I do "think" about them, they have not aged a day and not gained a pound, but then again, I also see myself as being that way when with them tooooooo!!

You know my sexy Canadian......Compatibility is the key, and I have been compatible with many both older and younger, and it was not determined by their age, but much more by their life experiences and if they compared to mine at all. I have little fear about holding my own with other men that a female I am with might see as attractive, because if she is not happy with me, and no longer wants me.....why have her around or be around her?

So Mae, your age does not scare me, nor would it if you were 10 years younger or maybe 20. What would scare me would be that ever wanted and needed chemistry and compatibility, and that my friend, is hit and miss each and every time!

cd
 NtvNtv
Msg: 93
Over 60??
Posted: 7/29/2013 9:01:07 PM
^^^^^^

...sweet
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 7/29/2013 9:29:57 PM
I understand, Peppermint. I can't do the "grouchy old man " thing.....
 Proteaus
Msg: 95
Over 60??
Posted: 7/30/2013 5:06:07 AM
TO opp. Only chance for that kind of man is if he get a prostitute .
 c_deacon
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 8/1/2013 10:08:26 AM
She might not, but her money, fame and fortune just might.....with the thought of "if going to suffer some, might as well be in luxury"......;)

We have many females that have made the same choices in their lives, and when I see a gorgeous younger female on the arm of some out of shape, homely, older man, it makes me think......why? And I have the answer in my own mind, and just as rock band members can attract women by their occupation, no matter their looks, so can wealthy, influential men do the same, and now, the same goes for women too!!

Oh well, back to life and living, and enjoying those that will accept me for who I am, and how I look at my mature age.....;)

cd
 Like2dance
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 8/2/2013 11:49:10 AM
The OP initiated this thread in May of 2006 so now he is over 67. I wonder what happened to him. Maybe he could report in about how it went for him over the last seven years.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 8/4/2013 3:01:53 AM
Hell, I love being a grumpy old man....I thought society was a corporate brain washed package of superficial bull shit when I was young.... I couldn't wait until I was old enough to speak my piece. Now that I am, I wouldn't trade it for a dozen Las vegas show girls. LOL
 SabraLagos
Msg: 101
Over 60??
Posted: 8/9/2013 7:12:29 PM
Just discovered the forums!

In this thread, I wonder what value is found in being "hung".

I know as a fact that women, who are constructed such that it is possible, do not like to have their cervix pounded.

I've read it stated as a fact that only the first 2.5 inches of a vaginal canal have nerve endings present to register sensation.

So what's the value of more than 2.5 inches of hung? Is it simply the other-sex fantasy of big breasts?
 elednuw
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 8/25/2013 12:09:40 PM
I'm 63,feel like 20,always looking to meet the right lady.Interested ladies please read my profile.
 Like2dance
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 8/25/2013 8:28:22 PM
Now, at age 60, I am doing just fine dating 37 - 42 year olds.
 WindWhisperzz
Msg: 105
Over 60??
Posted: 8/29/2013 7:19:29 AM
I love being a grumpy mature over 65 year old lady who speaks my mind, I wouldn't want to be a young woman again. I'm pass menopause, no kids to chase after, years of experience, wiser, don't concern myself about fashion, don't care whether I make an impression. Age is a number, attractiveness is only skin deep, compatibility is the key to a good relationship, chemistry certainly makes life interesting. I don't remember ever thinking that 60 was old, I always respected my elders, and loved spending time with older people.

We all have our red flags; age, fit an active, lean an fit, few extra pounds, smokes, drinks often, sports, distance, hair on the face, balding, sex drive, but this is what dating (fishing) is all about, throw back the fish that are undesirable and fish for the keeper (trophy), the one we want to keep. I don't want to live out my life alone but I also want to enjoy these Golden Years, I'm not willing to settle for just any old fish. I want the caviar.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 8/29/2013 10:58:08 AM
Just turned 60 -- would love to date a guy in my age range who is nice, and not the type I've been meeting as Peppermint described. If I find one, cool, if not, I'll live.
 Like2dance
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 8/31/2013 11:11:15 AM

I doubt any of the "younger" ones want to make a go of a long term committed relationship. And really, if you don't want a committed relationship, go for it.

Actually I have been in ltr's with several of them in the age range I stated. They were and are financially secure, physically and mentally healthy, well educated, moral, great ladies and age appropriate for me.
 DragonBits
Msg: 109
Over 60??
Posted: 8/31/2013 5:11:11 PM

Actually I have been in ltr's with several of them in the age range I stated. They were and are financially secure, physically and mentally healthy, well educated, moral, great ladies and age appropriate for me.

How long does it take to make it a LTR to you?

Why didn't it work out for you, any advice or any thing you have learned to make it last?
 Like2dance
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 9/2/2013 7:27:10 AM
How long does it take to make it a LTR to you?

Why didn't it work out for you, any advice or any thing you have learned to make it last?

To me, a ltr is a relationship that lasts at least a year.

Proceed with caution. Enter any relationship with one's eyes open and keep them open, at least until one commits. Then to make the relationship last keep them half closed.

In each case over time "baggage" which was beyond my willingness to accept turned up.
 completelyhappy
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 12/11/2013 1:11:56 PM
If they have done their emotional work, absolutely. I have sat in many circles w. "brothers" from project mankind/new warrior and if it wasn't for them emotionally being there, I probably would've had a much tougher time going through those years of struggle.

blessings
 sassyscorpiochick
Msg: 112
Over 60??
Posted: 12/11/2013 11:43:02 PM
After 60, they say they want a relationship, but it seems to be what they need to say to get into the bedroom. Once we start acting like it's a relationship, then we are moving too fast, smothering them, and all that stuff. It seems they want whatever they can get, other than a real relationship
 Like2dance
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 12/12/2013 5:11:52 PM
At age 60 as at other ages many men are available for a relationship...with the right woman. That is the key.
 will1949
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 12/12/2013 6:08:22 PM
like2dance hit the key. With the right woman or man. We really don't know who that is until we meet and start to communicate in the many ways that people can communicate. So be yourself and be out there for others to see you. In the meantime live your life.
 Pattytaxi
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 1/10/2014 2:24:48 PM
OMG of course.. You may consider a better description for your size..
 Proteaus
Msg: 116
Over 60??
Posted: 1/14/2014 7:08:48 PM
Once a guy hits around 60 I would think the best possibilities for him would be take a look at South America or the Philippines . Lots of possibilities in those parts of the world .
 ALBYAK
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Over 60??
Posted: 1/30/2014 5:36:08 PM
Must disagree once you get into your 60's and are healthy and take care of yourself the sky is the limit. Many of the unhealthy ones who cared not about themselves are out of the picture and the healthy ladies who have taken care of themselves outnumber us. Just a matter of finding the right one for you who has similar interests. I love the outdoors, fishing, and splitting it up between Alaska summers & Florida winters, will find my match eventually. No thank you to the foreign deal, I want 100% MADE IN THE USA.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >