Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Polly_G
Msg: 32
horror stories from online dating......Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Well four words pretty much sums it up

Big spender no money.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 37
horror stories from online dating......
Posted: 5/23/2006 3:37:18 AM
A couple of things... If I actually met the men who have wanted to in the last 2 years I can assure you it would be 4 dozen or more!!! Most men will automatically want to call you on the phone or go out. I just dont' play that game, you will need to email with me, IM with me LONG before I'll even talk to you on the phone. And then only on my cell because I can block numbers.

I never tell men where I live, the only reason some guys from ehre know right now is because we're having a camping/canoing/kayaking weekend at my place this coming weekend. I read these stories and it scares the hell outta me. Now I know why I'm always backing out from meeting guys... i make good excuses.. gotta milk the cows.. slop the hawgs... wash clothes... fill up my bird feeders.. they get the hint.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/23/2006 11:28:59 AM
I've had amazingly great luck. The only horror story I have is one from years ago. He was athletic (or so he said.) He had bigger breasts than mine ~~ he definitely needed a manzierre. (I was much more bothered by the lie than the weight, although I was not happy with either.)
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/9/2007 12:41:23 AM
Jeeze, I feel so left out! Everyone I've met looked like their pics, had their height, weight and age correct, and were nice. One fella was a *little* too nice, lol!, but that's all. How am I ever going to write a novel with luck like this?

Beholder
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2007 1:29:15 AM

With the free sites, any one signs up. You then get the crazies and non-serious and married people who wouldn't pay to be on a dating site. With match.com, etc you know everyone on there is series b/c no one would pay if they were just gonna goof around.
Yes, clearly no one intending to cheat on their spouse would spend money on such an act! I mean, if that were the case, someone would make a pay site specifically for having affairs with married people... oh wait...

(I get a little annoyed and sickened whenever I hear stuff about that site, too... but maybe that's just me.)
 braveheart106
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/9/2007 6:22:24 AM
Chatted to this girl and finally met after 1 week, everything was good during the date excpet she kept making remarks about how she needs money for x, y and z. She told me how guys cheat on her and how her fault was to jump into relationships too quick and she is not looking to do that, well that's all good.

So after the date, I dropped her to her appartment , then the text messages asking for money continued. She claimed to be a simple girl yet her b-day was coming up two weeks after and she kept sending me a website where they sell coach handbags and how she liked this bag (worth $358). I asked her why she was asking me money and she said well I thought we were committed !!!!!!!!!! and that was after 2 weeks.

She stopped emailing me and sent me a text that said and I'm not joking 'WE are through, I think we should break up' and how she found this guy that can buy her whatever she wants. GEEEZUS. Wished her good luck.. Wait 5 weeks later she contacts me and wants to get back together

GWSmith
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/18/2011 10:34:31 PM
In one otherwise fine date we went to have dinner just to keep things going on longer. The woman I was with and I started into a conversation about politics (not sure why) and she says as if nothing is wrong with it "Can you believe people elected a N**** into office?" after an awckward moment I discovered fact that she was a white supremacist and hated as she put it "N*****s, Jews, Towelheads, etc."

I payed the bill, called a friend, and had him pick me up (she was driving). Worst date ever...
 lovelykind2002
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2011 3:35:52 PM
can you give me his e-mail address, well i don't like being talked to that way neather but, i wanted to talk to him. i'm really desprate to find the right guy for me. i just having a problem, alot of guys just want sex and i don't want that, i want a man that is totaly respectful and not so sick and perverted. i don't like men talking dirty to me.
 Lowtones84
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:03:41 PM
I've met a few wild ones......one had an amazing date with me, asked to be tickled basically the whole time, and two days later she said she had gotten sexually assaulted in her town, confessed to being a cutter her entire life, being in and out of mental institutions the entire time (because of cutting), and that she was on disability for depression.

Needless to say......the acceptance period was odd. I never imagined I'd meet someone who would click with me and then have that much crazy stuff to tell.

Another was bipolar and said she liked to randomly say things deliberately to hurt people that she had dated in the past, however I guess we never got too hot, cuz she didn't do that with me lol.
 Lowtones84
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:56:20 PM
lol you do seem pretty nice tho
 squeak077
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/25/2011 6:06:07 PM
Too funny blue eyed...

I wonder what 6 to 10 would be. I first joined when there was about 500 on this site and it was just starting out. It sure has changed. In the last few years. From this site I have gone on a few dates and made some great friends.

The last person I dated from this site is now sueing me for 12,000 in a canadian court. I did nothing to this person and it was her choice to end the relationship. Here I was 4 months away from taking her to paris for xmas.

And the last date I went on was 2 months ago from pof. This woman was 26 attractive with a 5 yr daughter. Which did not bother me. So the date went great coffee was great and she admitted then n there she had an STD and a felony conviction in Arizona when she was 21 for the possession of meth...she got up and left the restraunt.

I could write a book on the bad dates but it does not change my outlook on someone decent. My friends from here tell me to visit Europe or Australia better selection of women.
 ohenryx
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2011 7:47:30 AM

Catby3374:
I mean the guy told me about all his sexual history which could not be written in one text alone!

A text is, what, 160 characters maximum? Unless we're talking about a virgin, I don't see how anyone's sexual history could fit in one text message. Of course, you would have to be looney tunes to be sending your sexual history over texts anyway.

I have to say, I am ready for texts to go away and be replaced by the next fad. Text messaging and Facebook, RIP, I will not miss either one when they are gone.
 munchkin111
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/27/2011 1:13:45 AM
I recently met a guy from here, where he was a lot heavier than in his pic. That didn't bother me, but he, straight away, started talking about us being married within a year (I only came out of a marriage just over 2 months ago) and us trying for kids straight away. Waaaaaay too quick for my liking, as you can imagine. Anyway, after the 2nd date, I decided to call it quits with him, as he was taking things too quickly for me, plus I just couldn't see a future with him anyhow, as we're far too different as people. I then had messages from his mum later that evening saying that he'd overdosed on painkillers and had been rushed to hospital, and was blaming me for it & trying to force me to take him back. Once he was out of hospital, he continued to send me nasty messages, and when one of my friends told him to leave me alone (her choice to do so - I didn't know about it till later), he told her to go hang herself. When I confronted him over that, he then started threatening me, so I've been forced to go for an intervention order, where the hearing for it is next week...
 jblack187
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2011 12:57:09 PM
Some of these stories are insane! I think I've been pretty lucky. I think these were probably my worst ones.

1. Met a girl on POF back in 2007. We talked for a few weeks and really liked each other, so I took the 3 hour drive to see her. Went to dinner, hung out at her sister's dorm, then went back to her dorm and had sex and went to sleep. Everything was great. I came back the next weekend and things weren't quite as fun because she insisted that we stay at her sister's dorm because her room mates were back from Christmas vacation. After that visit, she started calling me less frequently like maybe once every 3 days or so and would only return my texts like several days after I sent them. Finally, she went like 6 days without contacting me and when she finally did, I semi-jokingly asked what was so hard about answering a text. She started freaking out and crying and threatening to kill herself and crap. This happened again a few days later so I told her we were done. But not before she sent me one last text, "Have you been tested?" My answer? "Yes, and I have AIDS"

2. Met a girl on POF in 2008. We moved way too fast though. Sex on the first meeting, as well as becoming "official". Shortly into our relationship I found out she was sending messages to people on POF. She begged me to forgive her and promised not to do anything like that again and closed her account. A few months later a woman sent me a message on Myspace asking for my email address. She said she had found dirty pictures of my girlfriend in her boyfriend's email. Sure enough, half of the pics were ones she had sent to me, and were definitely recent b/c she was wearing the ring I bought her. She cried really hard when I tried to break up with her and begged me to forgive her, she was "being stupid" and it was just some guy from a chat room blah blah. The guy lived on the other side of the US, and I really was in love with her so I (stupidly) told her it was okay and I'd never bring it up again. Things were great for the next year and 1/2 until I found out she had sleeping with two other guys.

3. Met a girl on another dating site earlier this year. She contacted me first with a really long thought out message. I immediately took her seriously and we started chatting, then talking on the phone. She wasn't really attractive, but not ugly either. She also seemed to be really into me, and repeatedly asked me to come see her after a few weeks. So there was one day that I was going to be in the town she lived in anyway, and I said I'd come by. We had dinner, walked around her neighborhood, and then hung out at her place and played video games. We spent the last couple of hours cuddling and watching television. No kiss when I left but I didn't think it was a problem as she is kind of prudish. The very next day she casually mentioned to me that she had a new boyfriend. Really hurt my feelings as I was starting to develop feelings for her. Also really hurt my pride because I didn't think for a second that I'd have any problem getting with her.

4. Met a girl on that same site. She contacted me first. New to my city and thought I seemed cool. We chatted some and really hit it off, so she invited me to meet her for coffee the next day. We ended up hanging out a lot for the next couple of weeks, but while she was a little flirty, she also didn't seem to be too interested in getting with me. I accepted it and figured she'll be a good friend regardless. One day she invited me to her house to hang out and play X-Box. I was there for about 45 minutes when her mom pulled up. She took me to the door to greet her mom and introduce me when she walked in, and her mom immediately looked at me and said "would you mind giving us a moment to talk? You can just step outside". I waited outside for like 10 minutes. Her mom finally came out and explained she wasn't mad at me, but her daughter should have known better to invite somebody over without telling her first. The girl left with her mom after that and that was the last time I saw her. Not really a "horror story" but it was scary as hell for me at the time lol.
 jblack187
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2011 1:17:06 PM
Oh God, I can't believe I forgot this one. This was actually the worst, and it certainly belongs with some of the other stories in this thread. I guess I forgot about it b/c I have repressed this memory lol. This happened in 2007.

I met a girl on this site. We chatted for a while, and made phone calls for a while but she lived about 5 hours away and I didn't have any intentions of meeting her. We went a few weeks without talking when she suddenly called me out of the blue to tell me she just moved. The town she moved to was only 30 minutes from where I live, so we immediately planned a date. There was a party at my friend's house that weekend, so we planned to go to it.

So I go to pick her up. When I get to the place, it's a really run down apartment in the projects. She comes to the door, and I immediately notice that she is considerably larger than she was in the photos. And not as pretty. But still, she seemed to have a good personality so I figured I'd give her a chance.

She had me come inside while she got her stuff together. It was one room that was so small I had no idea how she could possibly live comfortably in there. She had a mattress on the floor that took up almost the entire room, a computer, and a small bathroom. That was it! No fridge, no stove, nothing. Then when we're getting ready to leave, this extremely ugly guy opens the door and walks in. I mean literally, probably the ugliest face I've ever seen on anybody, guy or girl.

He walks in and she introduces us. I shook his hand and he told me to "watch after her for him". Then she gave him a peck and we left. As soon as we pulled away I asked who he was, and she said "he thinks he's my boyfriend". At this point I knew this wasn't going to end well. She said that he was just her roommate, but he really likes her and since she needs his help to pay for the apartment she was just entertaining him. She said they don't have sex or anything, and that she planned on leaving when she saved up enough money.

So at this point I'm like, more than disheartened. I embarrassingly showed up to the party with this chick, but everyone seemed to get along with her and we had fun. We both got really drunk, and we went to the room we'd be staying in to pass out. She started grabbing on my****and trying to have sex, but I just went to sleep. The next morning I took her back home to her "boyfriend".

When we got there, I came inside with her because I had to use the restroom. When I got out, the "boyfriend" came inside and started screaming at her that he knows what she did last night. He was insisting that his uncle told him all about it, and he knows what she did. Mind you, all of this is taking place in front of me and neither of them are acknowledging me at this point. She gets him to go outside so they can talk in private, leaving me in their crappy apartment. About 2 minutes later they come back in and he starts apologizing to me. Saying he should trust his girlfriend and he's sorry he thought we slept together. I didn't have the heart to tell him that we would have if she had gotten her way. I just said "it's cool dude" got the hell out of there as fast as possible.
 topflight0219
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2011 8:03:07 PM
Creeps dont describe it!
 jblack187
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2011 9:17:16 PM

Oh and Jblack, that girl is dodgy and severely manipulative. I mean she's willing to muck around with that guys feelings, do you have any idea what she might do to yours. She's a ****, ditch her.

Which one? lol. Don't worry, I don't talk to any of those girls anymore. But the last one that I posted about (the one I assume you were referring to) got ditched pretty damn quick.
 jblack187
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2011 6:14:11 AM
My God, I can't believe I forgot this one too...though it's partly my own damn fault.

I met a girl on this site earlier this year. We had a lot in common but I didn't really thinks she was that attractive and she said I wasn't her type, but we decided it'd be cool to hang out. So after a few weeks of talking, we had plans for one day but she got sick and cancelled. We re-scheduled for the next weekend. She said that her and her friend would be going out of town to stay in her friend's grandmother's vacation house for the weekend, and invited me to stay with them. I figure why not? Partying all weekend with two girls I barely know, what could go wrong?

Everything was awesome...during the ride there. We get there at like 10 pm, and carry our stuff inside and they show me around. Then they announce that they're going to go visit with her friend's grandmother, but that I should stay there because the grandma didn't know that I was with them. So suddenly I'm a secret visitor.

So they leave, and I'm sitting in this place in the middle of the woods that I would never be able to give directions to. I've been instructed not to answer the door for anybody. Anyway, it sucked but I was relieved when they came back. But when they came back, we talked for a few minutes then they migrated to one of the bed rooms and kind of sat around and did nothing for the rest of the night. I tried hanging out with them in there but it was so mind boggingly boring that I couldn't.

The whole weekend was like that. They would go into a bedroom, close the door, and just hang out with each other leaving me by myself in the living room with the TV. It was a miserable experience. I'm almost 99% sure that they were lesbians, which begs the question, WHY THE HELL WAS I INVITED? Worst. Hostesses. Ever.
 sewfine
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2011 1:50:53 PM
First and foremost I want to give credit to the men that were gentlemen and truly enjoyable but for different reasons we weren't a match.

A few of my horror stories:

- Dated a guy for a few months still kept his profile on POF swore he would only go
on the site to get messages. Found out he was e-mailing pictures of his penis to
different woman. One went to my girlfriend and they had never even met. He was 66. ( He did have a nice body for his age.) lol

- Watching a movie with a guy and he is putting his hand up the leg of his shorts. I
looked down and his shorts leg is hiked up and his penis is on his leg and he exclaims
he has a big one!

- I corresponded with a guy for 4 1/2 months who seemed very intelligent and normal.
He kept on postponing meeting me. Finally I asked him if he was using this web-site
for his own entertainment and didn't actually date. We had discussed many
times about people who lie about their age and put up old pictures ... he even made
reference to it in his profile, to be comfortable with who you are. Imagine my
amazement finding out he lied ( 54 verses 59)about his age had had stage 4 cancer and
had a feeding tube for 7 months...certainly not an athletic body like he posted and his
pictures were 6 years ago before he had cancer. He looked much different then his
profile pictures.
I felt sympathetic since I had had cancer years ago and I genuinely liked the man. He
kept on canceling dates.... said his mother had lung cancer and was in the hospital. He
continued to write everyday and to call me. Finally I said if we are not going to see
each other I need to move on, he would get angry about me making other dates....
although every time I logged on POF he was on chat. I asked him if he was just chatting
with woman for his entertainment at our expense and not looking for a long term
relationship as written in his profile. So to prove me wrong that he did date and to be
spiteful and childish he had a new testimonial written on his profile page and the
woman said in the testimonial that the date had been a month ago and dated it June
2011. The same time he was telling me about his poor sick mom! At least if you are
going to be spiteful put a picture of an attractive woman and not one who looks like an
army buddy in drag! lol
I never quite understood those testimonials if you are raving about each other and
saying what a package they are, why do a billboard for someone else to take your
fantastic date? I don't get it? After a scalding e-mail to him on his deceptiveness, he either changed his profile or else he thought about what I said ... he has since hide his profile and has not been on chat.

- My most recent guy I took to the Paul McCartney concert after dating 2 1/2 weeks ..
got home 3 am and when I said I just wanted to stay home and chill the next day he got
mad and said he didn't think a relationship was seeing someone once a week! NEXT!

Happy Dating Everyone!
 Michee1011
Msg: 149
Posted: 8/3/2011 9:21:58 PM
I have had a few myself sometimes i wonder if i have a psycho magnet attached to my ass b/c if there is one within 100 yards they find me and want to date lol....

1. One guy met online talked for a while his picture was 10 yrs old and 75lbs lighter but i gave him a chance anyway and we dated a couple times asked me to come with him to his dads for the weekend. On our way there he tells me how his dad slept with a girl he was dating at the time and how he doesn't trust him. Which in turn has me keeping my guard up around his dad we arrived on friday first day was fine dad was nice then saturday evening me and him have a fight so i tell him i was sleeping on the couch in the living room. while sleeping someone pulls up infront of the house and flashes a spot light into the living room his dad comes out to investigate 2 mins later so does he and then he starts accusing us of having sex while he was sleeping complete psycho i made him drive me to a gas station in a town a friend of mine lives in and had her pick me up and take me home i didn't want him knowing where i lived after that. He also continued to call and harass me for the next 2 months.

2. Talked to a guy online a couple times decided to go to a mall and walk around and talk to meet keeping it casual and relaxed he shows up and smells like BO please if you gonna meet a girl take a BATH!!!!.

3. Talked to a guy on here a few times wasn't really my type but i gave him a chance and we hung out watching movies at his place he tells me he is bi-polar and schizophrenic and unemployed and on disability i tell him he isn't my type he wasn't to begin with and there was no chemistry even before he tells me all that and it blew up from there needless to say he has only tried to call me twice since then and i haven't returned a call.

but my two biggest winners weren't even online dating sadly one was a bouncer who asked me out for 2 months before i finally agreed because i told him he was too young i was 27 and he was 22 after our first date which wasn't really a date as much as hanging out at him dads house with his little boy..... he calls me 15 times while i was at work which at the time was a prison and you can't take in your cell phone starts accusing me on not wanting to be with him and i told him his immaturity was exactly why i didn't want to go out with someone his age before. The other i have to thank my friends for i was 21 and just broke up with my friends cousin and she wanted me to meet her neighbor who was 19 no biggie i met him for 5 mins before i left for work all i said to him was "Hi I'm Cheryl, its nice meeting you but i gotta run to work" which at the time was a bowling alley he shows up that night with his family his mom comes up to me and says " hi are you bubby's girlfriend? I'm his mom he told me you were" and my friends had given him my number and he called constantly so i had to sick one of my guy friends on him to leave me alone.
 Paderic
Msg: 157
Posted: 8/1/2013 6:31:50 AM

texted me constantly, called me every day…hourly.
I felt flattered, and agreed to meet him for dinner after one week….

I have to ask, why in the world would you be flattered that someone you haven't met was calling you that often? That's way over the top even if you've been on a date or two.
 curviest
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2013 9:22:53 AM
" i was told he brought home three women in one day and had sex with all three of them. i hope he used a condom!"

I hope he used three.
 platypus_man
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2013 11:12:50 AM
Hmmm. Well, that would include the blind date who was really blind.....and also crazy. Oh, what a messed up night that was.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >