Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 workerbee68
Msg: 104
view profile
History
SINGLE DADSPage 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I'm a single dad (three girls with me) and I think it is a thing of the future. A lot of women are successful in the workforce and choose not to raise the kids after seperation. Times are changing for both sexes. I'm just glad to see that men are taking responsibility and not feeding into the old sterotype.
 svbusdriver
Msg: 107
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 7/26/2007 6:00:08 AM
Add me to the single dads list...
 Angelsheart48
Msg: 111
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 7/31/2007 3:59:39 AM
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING A SINGLE DAD I AM A SINGLE MOM WITH 4 KIDS AND 4 GRAND KIDS AND IF A WOMAN DOESN'T WANT YOU SHE ISN'T WORTH IT. OR SHE IS JUST A DUMB YOU KNOW WHAT DADS WITH KIDS I GIVE CREDIT TO AND YOUR ONE OF THEM. SO TAKE CARE
 Mickross
Msg: 112
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 7/31/2007 12:18:33 PM
I am a single Dad, and happy with all that comes with that. Have found that some ladies dont like that fact, that of course is up to them, I cannot and would not want to change until my kids all head off on their own.
 grmpyolman
Msg: 113
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 7/31/2007 3:27:46 PM
Hey Kayleesdaddy,

Single dad here...my girl's name is Caylee so I guess I am cayleesdaddy..LOL
 air14225
Msg: 115
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/1/2007 12:03:50 PM
I looked at a bunch of these posts and I'm confused. How can you be a single Dad when you have joint custody like 50/50. Ok yes if you are here you are single and ok you have kids. But having full custody and taking care of them and for them 24/7 I believe that makes you a Signle FATHER. Remember anyone can be a dad all it takes is that thing between the legs!!!!!
 air14225
Msg: 116
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/1/2007 12:12:23 PM
Please don't take my last post wrong...I respect everyone that tries.....
I just think that too many guys play that single dad card when they don't do crap for thier kids....Just a ploy to make people think a little more highly of them , them they deserve!!
 air14225
Msg: 117
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/1/2007 1:29:47 PM
sexy you are right and I do apoligize to everyone that I offened. 50/50 split is harsh, I really meant those who claim that they are single parents when they really don't do much for thier kids, don't see them but once a week or just want them for the child support that they will get! So I am sorry to anyone that I offened.
 air14225
Msg: 118
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/1/2007 1:29:57 PM
sexy you are right and I do apoligize to everyone that I offened. 50/50 split is harsh, I really meant those who claim that they are single parents when they really don't do much for thier kids, don't see them but once a week or just want them for the child support that they will get! So I am sorry to anyone that I offened.
 Approaching
Msg: 120
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/3/2007 6:51:27 PM
: raises hand:..have been for a while....
 air14225
Msg: 121
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/4/2007 4:59:19 AM
I just want to start off by saying to everyone that has thier children and are taking care of them....YOU ARE A HERO!!! It is a sad time that we live in, that people can just toss thier children (our future) away. It takes alot of ourselves to raise children and to those of us that do it , it shows great dedication, , patience, and love. For that I respect each and everyone one of you. Your true reward are your children so be proud of what you do and raise your head high.
 rekrab
Msg: 127
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/9/2007 5:31:40 PM
Wow! Never knew we existed. I have been a single dad to two kids from age 3 and 5 to age 15 and 18 without any help or support from their mother. My daughter, 18 has gone off to university and my son 15 decided to go back and live with his mother. Now from age 3 to 15, mom didn't contribute one penny for support, now that my son has gone back to his mother, she has now taken me to court for child support in the amount of 450 per month. I am so bursting at the seam you have no idea. Now after my lawyer made it known in court that for 12 years it was just me, the judge remarked, "as long as I am the parent I will have to provide support", I felt like tell him to go and hump himself. I am appealing the decision and likely will win. Power to SINGLE DADS!
 dougeo
Msg: 128
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/9/2007 7:02:02 PM
Hey im a single dad and all I can say is hey I may not have a life lol... but I make sure my kids have a great one
 wolfman65
Msg: 132
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:39:22 PM
Hi All,

I'm a single dad raising 2 kids (boy and girl) I find it amazing how much women dislike men with children. I get no support from my ex in the way of child support and I work full time. You can't tell me that women or society for that matter, likes single dads. There is no support for single dads out there. Did you know where I come from there isn't any place a dad can go with his kids to get away from an abusive relationship and yet there are all kinds of women shelters. 90% of the women I IM or email never respond, I on the other hand respond even if i'm not interested. I feel this is only common curtesy. Just my thoughts.
 wolfman65
Msg: 136
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/15/2007 6:13:27 PM
I would say the authorities are very much against men including the police. I have a restraining order against my ex and its like pulling teeth with the police to get them to enforce it. All they hear is there is a restraining order and they assume its on me. In any case enough about that I don't know about the rest of the dads but I find it very hard to raise my daughter. Like her mother she has a lot of hostility towards me and she is becomming very abusive. I would give my kids the world if it would make them happy but there comes a time when I have to take time out for myself. I am looking for a soul mate but I am very cautious as to how a relationship will effect my children. My kids come first.
 mdgoodlin
Msg: 141
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/25/2007 1:55:39 AM
I'm a single father for over twelve years now to three wonderful daughters. Best thing ever happened to me they are my pride and joy. KUDDOS to all single dads. Especially to those raising daughters Yes I am slightly biased (laugh).
 vladtepes97
Msg: 145
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/25/2007 7:10:42 AM
i'm a single father of one. my daughter lives with me. my friends tell me i'm not allowed to date until she graduates from secondary school. she's 9. they're so mean. i know i can trust you all to keep my secret.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 147
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/25/2007 9:59:50 AM
dang, punkin.

by the way, folks, devoted fathers are NOT rare. they're just not allowed as much. there are many organisations devoted to fighting for fathers' rights. there's one based in arizona, usa, i think, that's fighting to make 50/50 visitation automatic pending further investigation that could recommend less or more for either parent. that way, if one parent decides to end the marriage, the children will be guaranteed equal time with both parents from the very beginning regardless of the parents' feelings towards each other.
 vladtepes97
Msg: 152
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 8/25/2007 11:05:21 PM
people probably mean it as a compliment, but saying "hats off to dads who raise their children" is like telling a Black man from a poor neighbourhood "you're a credit to your race for not doing drugs." it implies that his behaviour somehow goes against the norm.
 KevinT30
Msg: 157
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 10/28/2008 9:23:53 PM
I am a proud single dad of 2 kids. 2 kids that I have adopted from my ex girlfriend. She as chosen a different path for herself. I have raised them since they were babies and will raise them till I die. By the way the biological dad isnt in the picture. Im the real father anyways not him.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 161
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 2/15/2009 12:01:51 PM
"like all single fathers refuese to let me have anything to do with me kids."

So all us single fathers refuese to let the mother have anything to do with the kids. Please!!!! I wish my ex was more involved. The only single dads I know of that don't want the ex involved have an ex with big issues. The way the court sistems work often time the father only gets the children when the women has big issues, so this does happen, but certainly not "all" the time. Women that lose the kids, are big red flags to me any way, because the system is so on the side of women that when they have lost the kids it is because they are most likely a problem.
 daddypickle
Msg: 162
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 2/15/2009 12:19:20 PM
"like all single fathers refuese to let me have anything to do with me kids"

im a little upset about that comment, im a single father of twins...boy/girl that just turned 5. when they where 6months old there mother took off, then came back 6months later married to some guy and wanting the kids back... i gave her 50/50 custody just to have her take off again when they turned 3, and she hasn't been back since.
and now i found out she's living in town a mile down the street from me and hasn't stopped by to see the kids yet. but this time if she wanted custody she'll have to fight me in court, im not gonna let her hurt the kids again.

but the new problem is trying to date, ive basically put my life on hold for the kids.. and trying to get back on the saddle isn't easy... most of the people i try talking to run away as soon as i mention kids
 dameonmod
Msg: 166
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 3/10/2010 7:10:04 AM
I am a single dad baby is 2 almost now, looking forward to this next year and hoping for a better job.

rep28
Msg: 168
view profile
History
SINGLE DADS
Posted: 3/11/2010 5:48:31 PM
Single dad here of two boys ages 8 and 3.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >