Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > I know I will get blasted for this but...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flowerforce
Msg: 26
I know I will get blasted for this but...Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I love garters and stockings, lovely panties and braws, lovely filmy dresses, hats, pretty night attire, makeup etc. At the right time and place I wear them. I am also a feminist as well. They are not mutually exclusive as some posters seem to think. However if you want the feminine mystique then give up jeans and sneakers and go for a three piece suit good leather shoes and a fedora a great aftershave scent and a good haircut. After all "what is good for the goose is good for the gander." I do not think our culture was more sexual 40 years ago I just think they advertised better.
 tallyover
Msg: 27
I know I will get blasted for this but...
Posted: 2/5/2009 3:31:35 PM
When it's warmer I love to wear skirts and sundresses even for casual outings. Winter temps have me bundled up unless it's a business suit or a night on the town. I do think it's weird to see a woman in a dress and heels when her partner is wearing jeans and sneakers. In this town a lot of couples are always in HD gear. It's great when they dress to complement each other in sexy black tees, jeans and boots.

The ground hog said: 6 more weeks of winter.
S
 Ekaterina50
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/5/2009 7:53:41 PM
Post 5 - No blast, I think you're fabulous and on the money! I'm deeply tired of the things people say to me because I'm just as comfortable in dresses and heels than jeans and t-shirts. Thank you
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/5/2009 8:04:19 PM
Funny! My fella believes he likes me in pants and sweaters (and he does), but I've also seen the way his eyes follow me when I'm in a dress (usually ankle length worn with sandals or uggs). Good thing I *like* dresses, and therefore own a lot of them, eh?

Nylons, on the other hand -- ack! Pure evil. And I date back to those with seams that had to be checked to make sure they were straight, and, yep: garter belts (no, not the fantasy ones -- the ones you HAD to have to keep your nylons up. Unless, of course you wore a girdle, in which case there were little hangy-downy rubber and metal thangs that left indentations in your skin for four hours after you'd taken them off)

And I don't wear FM shoes any more, either. I'm an old lady, and I don't *have* to. . . .

RDtoo
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2009 8:07:25 PM
You know you have been on here too long when threads you started 3 years ago get dug up..lol.

Spicynicegirl, I was about to say "distance is no object", but then I saw you were in South Austrailia. Yeah, that would be quite a drive seeing that it is probably the exact opposite side of the earth from me. Oh well...
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/8/2009 8:10:28 AM
No blast from me...I ENJOY dressing like a woman, and not a man! I might have to work like one to keep body and soul together, but I damn sure don't want to DRESS like one!
 Applette
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2009 3:33:34 PM
I love wearing dresses and skirts .. and I actually feel even more feminine in them .. however I live in a climate that on most occasions in the winter demand slacks.
 jjinexile
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/8/2009 5:34:05 PM
OP, no blast from me. I love dressing girlie, but bunge jumping into tights or pantyhose can be a project. During the work week, I've got a mind for business so it's a jacket and slacks, with sexy undergarments 'cuz I've a body for sin!
 Dceeeee
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/8/2009 5:43:12 PM
I agree with CynthiaM on this...she said...
OTOH, I'm very conscientous about how I dress when I'm going to see my bf. He notices how I look and I like to look good for him. I make the effort of my own initiative/desire to make him happy, not because he's set any kind of expectation. Win-win in my book.

Since I no longer work outside the home, I have no reason to dress up anymore, but if a man takes me out to dinner and wants me to dress nice, I will put on the matching lingerie and stockings under my dress. I'm not very comfortable in the heels since I got older, so I won't wear them if I'm going to do a lot of walking, but they are fine for going out to eat or somewhere where you will be sitting once you get there.

Also, I like it for night time wear, too..."It's not just for dinner anymore!"

Once I got dressed in all black ..corset, stockings and all...just to have my guy say, "Batman!" Kinda killed the mood, ya know? Not all guys are into it, so if you are, talk to her about it...most likely she'll be glad to....or better yet...visit Victoria Secret and get her the lingerie that turns you on for Valentine's Day. You'll BOTH win! (The salesclerk will be more than happy to help you...or give her a gift card, and go with her to spend it.)

~DC~
 *mandrake*
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/8/2009 5:53:44 PM
Any woman I am with, will make her own decisions on what she feels comfortable in. I don't care what she wears...it's how she feels when she is in my arms....and that's all that matters!!!!
 *buzz*
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 11:26:45 AM

it occurred to me how much I miss women wearing dresses, stockings, etc. To me that was the real feminine mystique.

I must have grown up in a very shielded world because stocking and suspenders never entered my world until I met who introduced this taste into our blast. And even that time I was always thinking that rolling down stockings slowly and at the same time being showered with kisses was like removing rose's petals in order to get to nectar

Hmm ... 20 years on ... well if it is this fishnet stockings that lights up his fire ... so be it as long as burning passion is sweeping us of our feet. Besides, this wonderous affair of hearts is about pleasing and being pleased, isn't it?
 whytwater
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/9/2009 9:46:02 PM
It seems to me that women have tons more clothing options than men do, and they are generally skilled at wearing what makes them look best. Sometimes, I have wished some were less so, that aspect of "fashion" which is costume, and deceives. Lol.

OP, you may have a favorite look in your mind's eye, but I suspect it will be easier to broaden your horizons than foster any real hope that anything you or we say or do will influence the fashion choices of half of the human population. Something about going to the mountain rather than hoping it will come to you.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 11:28:42 PM
I'm sure if you're in a loving relationship, if she's the right combo of good girl outside but bad girl inside, she'll be more than happy to wear them for you at home...
Candles lit... trailing to the bedroom... rose petals in the bath... you slipping off those stockings ever sooo slowly...
Sexy! hehe!
 whytwater
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/14/2009 5:46:38 PM

lol... If I wore nylons, heels and a dress to work, I'd be sent home

Several of these posts remind me of a movie where Richard Dreyfus plays a fire-fighting pilot (title escapes me); at one point, he gives the girl pilot a white dress for her birthday, and when she opens it, she shrieks, "Girl clothes!!!". Every guy wants to dance with her when she puts it on. It's really cute. Lol.
 RDtoo
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 8:45:58 PM
This might be amusing to some of you, especially the ones who disagree with my OP. Several months back I was in a grocery store around midnight (my usual shopping time). This young (ahem) lady pranced by me and went over to a meat cooler. She was wearing a pretty skirt that barely covered her butt. Just as I had looked over and noticed how short her skirt was, she bent over to pull something out of the cooler, and surprise, surprise! She wasn't wearing anything underneath. I don't know if she did this purposely or just did not care, but it was more of a turn-off than a turn-on. Even though it did jumpstart the old ticker a little..lol.
 whytwater
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/15/2009 9:07:24 AM
the reason women started wearing dresses is because it was much easier going to the bathroom without peeing all over their clothes. They could merely squat and go at it.

Awww. None of it was to give the illusion of greater accessibility to genitals? I've always surmised that some male(s), the straight kind, came up with the skirt/dress concept.

Yeah, I am full of "it", too, but that kinda depends on what your definition of "it" is. Lol.
 kbodley
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2009 11:11:51 AM
You miss women who wear dresses, stocking, etc.?

I miss guys who show up in nicely pressed shirts, a nice sport coat and slacks, fresh shave, clean car, and a well planned evening! Oh, for those good old days when a Saturday night "date" was something special that we looked forward to for several days! Guys would call on Tuesday or Wednesday and "ask you out."

Girls would accept the invitation and spend Thursday and Friday planning their outfit. They would get up on Saturday and do their hair, makeup, jewelry, outfit, shoes, etc. to get ready for the evening.

Guy would arrive on time, looking like he was ready to storm the Board Room. Girl descends the stairs and the music is playing softly in the background. . . . . . .. . . .

Sorry --- I lost myself in an old Doris Day movie!
 sweets41150
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/15/2009 12:04:21 PM
lol lots of guys like to wear them an are comfortable in them
 Notdesper8atall
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/15/2009 6:02:21 PM
OP I know plenty of women who wear dresses, and stockings ( not the ones with the lines up though..lol) but women today like to dress comfortably as well. Does it make them any less sexy or take away from the mystique? IMO not at all. If you are indeed referring the ones who like to show a bit too much skin ( the girl in the really short skirt in the grocery) then I would agree with you. We have become more casual in the way we dress but I have noticed that on the whole women like to dress for the situation and alot of the ladies I have been out with love to dress up for a night on the town. And more often then not its usually we me who have been asked the question " You're not really going to wear that are you ?" Just my take on it. Good luck to you.
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/15/2009 6:14:19 PM

miss women wearing dresses, stockings, etc. To me that was the real feminine mystique. It also makes me think that our culture was more sexual 40 years ago when women wore these things than it is now. Ok, fire away at me....

You should see what I wear under my blue jeans.............lol
 dessert first
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2009 9:28:00 PM
Just a thanks to all the ladys that still enjoy their feminine side . It seems harder to find those ladys these days .
 RDtoo
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2009 10:50:10 PM
Prime Woman, I never cared for the t-shirt and baseball cap look, though I do wear sneakers. I like the casual button up shirt that used to be known as a sports shirt. Oddly though, dressing well does not seem to phase most women. I have dressed up for POF parties and guess who was getting the attention? Yep, the guys in t-shirts and baseball caps.
 swtsunlvr
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2009 6:14:20 PM
I remember when stockings still required a garter belt.Pantyhose was a great invention but they left alot to be desired.They were way more practical and comfortable(as opposed to the hose and garter belts),but lost that sexy innuendo,that little secret that guys always knew we had but could never quite figure it out.
We still have it,that little secret....
I really like a mans white shirt,and black stockings held up by a little black garter belt....that ,to me is VERY sexy.....
Now,if a guy showed up in a white shirt with black stockings held up with a tiny black garter belt,I'd run in the other direction...LOL....
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > I know I will get blasted for this but...