Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > I know I will get blasted for this but...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Notdesper8atall
Msg: 51
I know I will get blasted for this but...Page 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
PrimeWoman has made some very valid points here and I have seen other posts on this thread in which the women have complained that some of the men don't aspire to the same dress ( or other aspects ) we would expect women to. To me its a matter of situation as well..you dress for the occasion. I work in construction and know many guys who think nothing of wearing jeans and any thing other than a t-shirt as "being dressed up". I know a few who if you asked them what a sport coat was they would resond "one with the logo of my favorite team on it" ( laughable but true). Some of the company christmas parties have been interesting to see their version of the term casual dress. Lets jsut say a few had a REALLY loose definition of the words..lol.
I have been on a few "first face to face meetings" that I was accused of dressing up for. I was kinda confused at first then it hit me I wasn't wearing jeans and I had on a nice shirt with no wrinkles. Yes I do know how to use and iron even though neither of my ex-wives did, but they did think I looked sexy bare chested and in my dress pants ironing my shirt at the last minute. Yeah mom made sure all of us could do laundry and clean and iron our own clothes..What she told me then and I see it still holds true. No woman wants to be with a man who cant at least take care of how he looks. Although you wont find me at a barber shop ( no reason to anymore..whats left "around the top" I got rid of a few years back).The old saying that clothes make the man doesnt always hold true ( was a tailor who came up with it anyway..lol) .. but have found that dressing for the occasion and taking care of how you look isn't a chore its a sign of self respect and works for both sexes.

On a side note I really miss three piece suits ..To me that was the way to go. I used to look damn good in them too..lol.
 Make it happen!
Msg: 52
I know I will get blasted for this but...
Posted: 3/20/2009 11:31:45 AM
Wow, this can be a loaded question. Actually, I prefer T-shirts and bare feet. But when my guy asks..........I don't mind that little black dress at all. We all need to remember that a little bit of communication goes a very long way. And that works both ways. You like the little black dress and 4" heels... don't be surprised if I a make a request.

I something makes your eyes light up and something makes my heart smile..... well girls and boys this is where good communication works wonders.
 chrylann
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 7:41:50 PM
I much prefer a skirt to slacks. And I hate stockings. I go bare legged.
 Michey63
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/22/2009 11:36:21 PM
I have to totally agree with you...not much more to say than that.
 Yankee again
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/23/2009 12:47:12 PM
hahhhahahahaahhahha I dress up stockings and all. I emjoy teh " girly " things. sad to see many ladies in sweat pants and sneakers. But I do it for me. At this stage of my life i dont have kids jumping on me, a dog shedding on me. So I find the time to make my self feel better about me. " Girl" dressing I call it. I enjoy jeans and shoes with pretty blouses. They do today RD you need to look.
 itechman63
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 2:14:55 PM
What I want to know is... who wears short shorts?
 whytwater
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/24/2009 11:37:43 AM

he said my legs went clear up to my neck!

But, . . . . but, wasn't he aiming a little high? (thinking Jack Nicholson just trying to keep Helen Hunt from leaving the table).
 A J P
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2009 2:32:36 PM
good for you sister. You should ware what makes you happy and allows you comfort and peace within yourself. I for one love the skirts and flowing dresses, but it doesn't stop me from checkin out the ladies as the walk away, in those slacks....
 Notdesper8atall
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/9/2009 8:55:36 PM
^^^^^ remember we men are visually driven. So a skirt lets us see a bit of leg and makes us use our imagination about the rest of you. Not all of it is a sexual context though, but admittedly some of it is. Some of the way todays fashions hide away a woman takes away from her beauty. By the same token we dont want it all hanging out either ( well some of us anyway).

To the other poster who made the comment about wires digging into you ( wearing a bra) I understand how you feel as sometimes wearing a tie can often feel like I have put on a noose to make a fashion statement... So we are sort of even
 jaqi
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2009 12:43:01 PM
I am a real girlie girl and I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.... when I turn up for a date I don't just get a huge smile and compliments from the date himself but invariably from passers by too! I love stockings or hold-ups and rarely do the bare leg thing as I never sit out in the sun long enough to tan my legs... my choice and always wear high heels. I dress the same if I go shopping or pop down the country to see my mum ... it is just me and how confident it makes me feel dressed in such a feminine way. Jog pants and trainers are restricted to sporting activities and the gym!

My pet hate is when I get messages from attached men (which I hasten to add I don't welcome) and they moan that they wish their girl friend/partner wore dresses, stockings and heels....they chose their partners in the first place knowing they were jeans and trainer girls then they spend all their time either trying to change them or wishful thinking ... what's that all about?
 whytwater
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/10/2009 2:04:43 PM

Heck, even wearing a bra is uncomfy most days, and I've always felt that way. Would men want wires digging in their chest? . . . . Most days it isn't worth the pain, lol.

Lol. Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Burn those damned things, Darlin'. We will all applaud.
 spring light
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/10/2009 9:27:06 PM
I love dresses. I dont really care about stockings but in the winter ya need em if you wear a dress. I love dresses. Oh by the way, I love dresses. I wear loads of jeans and adidas tear offs and sweats but I love really dresses.
 TryAgan
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2009 12:08:15 AM
I didn't realize how many men preferred women to wear skirts/dresses

Actually, many men prefer women skirtless
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/11/2009 10:07:38 AM
I love skirts and dresses...

And there are beautiful wool skirts and dresses that can be worn with boots in the winter.....

And beautiful flowing skirts and dresses that can be worn in the summer.

And I have no problem with pantyhose......

I like jeans, and wear them, too, but I would never put on a pair with heels and called myself "dressed up."

That's just not my way........
 Sealady13
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/12/2009 7:48:27 AM
I can say nothing more than "I totally agree!"
 2Irish1
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/12/2009 6:15:06 PM

Because making love starts not 5 min before sex but much earlier..

This is the eternal dance of seduction and arguing about it just pointless
Geepers, This sounds like me...nice thoughts sunny
 moraima
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 7:04:08 PM
"Boy did I take sh1t from the old boys club for doing that. But she deserved it. I worked with her about dress and deportment. I listened to her tears when they abused her, told her it was a tough road to hoe. Later I promoted another, she moved on but always sought my council. Ultimately she appeared on the cover of Life Magazine for a prestigous event in our industries history."

Sorry but anyone who posts "But honey, can I call you honey?" and expects me to believe the other paragraphy...................I have bridges for you to buy.
 Rythmn
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2009 7:28:24 PM
i like the full range, from naked to suit. well, probably in reverse order and over time! jeans for hanging out and the beach or maybe a sundress--well, not the guy in the sundress, even though this is santa cruz, i am talking about what "i" like in a man.

stockings were for back east more. here, it's too hot! just as long as both partners take care of themselves and not start looking like slobs, because they take each other for granted! see a lot of that around.

i'm no longer in the boardroom, but i've done quite a bit of it. wore a suit or a dress, with stockings back east--'cause i wanted to do so. some of my female staff wore slacks. no biggie. just do what you want to do, given the corporate culture you operate within. i certainly didn't loose any contracts over it! nor did my staff who wore the slacks. nor were they unattractive either. what does this have to do with feminism? i guess the guys i dealt with were comfortable enough not to be threatened by female team members. that never even came up!
 redheadlady4
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 8:31:42 PM
I agree with you RDtoo...I love to wear dresses, with heels, I think it looks very sexy....very feminine, I will tell ya tho...those blasted thigh hi stockings..I hate those "mothers" with a passion...hard to keep up and just a pain in the bum !!!
 jaqi
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2009 8:25:26 AM
When I was younger... in my early twenties ...not that long ago of course ~she says grinning~ I always favoured stockings over tights and on average probably wore dresses more than jeans... then came the hold-ups what a liberation ... comfort and still feeling sexy. Now I still love stockings, especially the fully fashioned traditional ones though usually keep them for the bedroom as they make me feel soo sexy and knowing they turn on the man I am with absolutely does it for me every time. I love turning up for dates in a dress and and heels and wouldn't dream of turning out any other way (even go shopping in them) I always feel good, I always feel very confident, I always feel feminine, I always feel sexy and I haven't failed to bring a smile to the face of whoever I have met and turned the heads of a few others. There is always a compliment given and that is always followed by a text saying the same thing and that usually refers to how classy or elegant and sexy I looked. I am sure I look good in jeans but I just wouldn't feel as good.

I would say that I am very much me me me in a whole different way to the womens movement
 jaqi
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:14:15 AM
good for you missingminx bet you feel a whole lot better for it too!
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/17/2009 12:11:06 PM
I am a "minority" (in more ways than one), on this site, but I must be honest and say that for the most part, I hate the way most people dress today! Slovenly, slovenly, slovenly!
 karma1160
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/21/2009 7:53:02 AM
I go to a college that has many foreign students that dress up and as a result of how beautiful they look we all have taken to just being beautiful in whatever way we want to now. Many of us where skirts which are actually pretty comfy as long as you don't have to fight with hose. I like to go sockless myself.
I hardly ever wear hose plus I am too active to keep a pair nice for long.
I think in this day and age whatever makes you feel feminine or dashing is for you to determine. I wear what I want to unless of course it is below 0 then I am wearing pants period.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > I know I will get blasted for this but...