Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 474
Women that wear too much makeup at our age....Page 17 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
At the end of the day its not what men think about how much and what style make up a woman wears.
Its how she feels about her self when she is puts the make up on and goes outside. If she thinks she looks good and goes outside with confidence. Her confidence would shine thru and she would come across as more attractive.
Of course its up to a point as I seen a woman who looked like a clown and didn't even know it lol.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 475
Women that wear too much makeup at our age....
Posted: 12/19/2014 5:58:54 PM

I seen a woman who looked like a clown

Bozo or Ronald McDonald?
 forumfellathesequel
Msg: 476
Posted: 12/19/2014 6:25:20 PM
I've seen a few Tammy Faye Bakker look-a-likes on here. :D
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 477
Posted: 12/19/2014 6:39:45 PM
I would say BOZO the clown.. way too much lipstick red like blood. The foundation was very heavy and sort of off color just didn't look normal. Then she done the cheeks in red and eyes like a raccoon. Even other women at the place laughed.. But she walked around proud like a rooster over looking a flock of hens lol.
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 478
Posted: 12/19/2014 8:09:47 PM

But she walked around proud like a rooster

C0CK a DOODLE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 479
Posted: 12/19/2014 8:21:11 PM
Bluemoon24_7
Women are going to wear makeup or no makeup based on their own personal preference. Women, and I think I am comfortable speaking for the vast majority of women, will wear what they damn well please and don't give a rats azz what a survey says, their father says, their husband says or their gal pals say and they certainly don't give a damn what some joker on the Internet says.

Oddly enough, Bluemoon24_7 aka sofaveggie, is responding to exactly what was written in my Non-stereotypical Gender thread?
Imagine that?
How...how hypocritical of her.

Non-stereotypical genders

The other day in a cafe I paused to look around at the patrons that filled the venue.
A mix of students studying, coffee dates, a family and a variety of couples. One couple caught my interest They were lesbians and I could not help but notice their appearances. No make up and plainly dressed.

Curiously I asked myself why more straight women don't don such appearances. The lesbian couple weren't super models but they were not unattractive either. It made we wonder if the lengths that women go to don appearances are because they feel they have to appear that way to attract men? Or do the fashion magazines make them feel that they need to appear that way? Or is it a competition of appearances with other women?

Regardless, it made me daydream of a world where ALL women did not wear any make up. I think that would be awesome. It certainly would make for a more honest presentation to the interested party.

Aside from appearances, I guess I could say that I am attracted to tomboys. Tomboys being the non-stereotypical female.

Hmph.
What would a non-stereotypical man be like today?
I could almost say that non-stereotypical would also be the gender that doesn't follow the fads and fashions of the day.
Presently, if you're a man wearing a beard. Yup you're being stereotypical of the fad/fashion of the day.
Other stereotypes would be…I hunt/fish/own a quad and a 4x4 truck and are a sports fanatic <- more of a spectator than participant.

Anyhow, I know there out there and I just wish there were more because the stereotypes are really boring.

So my thread was boring yet she and others are going on and on about what I had written about?

I think I am comfortable speaking for the vast majority of women, will wear what they damn well please and don't give a rats azz what a survey says, their father says, their husband says or their gal pals say and they certainly don't give a damn what some joker on the Internet says.

Of course YOU are comfortable thinking that sofaveggie.
But you're wrong.
You can't speak for the majority of women.
You are only sharing your opinion.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 480
Posted: 12/19/2014 8:26:30 PM
You're still boring, still a putz, still acting like a 12 year old and it's still a boring topic....that got deleted twice. And still a boring topic . I can't help it if you want a girl that looks like a guy, just take the leap and find a guy.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 481
Posted: 12/19/2014 8:42:38 PM
LMAO

Bluemoon24_7
You're still boring, still a putz, still acting like a 12 year old and it's still a boring topic....that got deleted twice. And still a boring topic . I can't help it if you want a girl that looks like a guy, just take the leap and find a guy.

If only you could step outside of yourself and see how your posts look.
You continually stalk my posts and sling insults at me.
You continue to post about the very subject matter that I posted about.
So you actually like posting about a boring topic.
So what? Good for you.

Others know and have already posted
that just because a women does not wear make up and are tomboys....
DOES NOT mean they are masculine or look like a guy.
Only you seem to want to think that way.

AND, what is also funny is your comment that I should find a guy.
Do you really think that I am offended if you think I am gay?
And what if I was gay?
Is there something wrong with being gay?
Apparently with you, Bluemoon24_7,
there must be something bad about being gay, if you think that stating I should find a guy would bother me.

Grow up already!
Your childish attacks are boring.
If you must continue stalking me.....please try to put more effort into being creative.
 petula1908
Msg: 482
Posted: 12/20/2014 7:44:06 PM
awesomefifty

At least she is leaving me and some others alone whilst she is stalking you. How about you just ignore her as if she doesn't exist and she wont get her jollies??
 Vannili
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2014 11:07:04 PM
Msg.#1;

fishon!!!, I say you are more prettier than those women who spend money on makeups and consumed their time in the mirror if you mind your own business and get a life, perhaps focus on observing some nice scenery, flowers, paintings ,reading good books to enhance your out look in life.

<div class="quote"> I am a woman of 51 and I don't wear makeup makes me pretending to be someone,,,,,I look at women my age who scares the shit out of me, do we know how stupid we look ??
Women who use makeups/facelift/ect.. Thinks your opinion is a Big Jokes.
LIVE & LET LIVE !!
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 484
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2014 3:49:58 AM
I have always looked a bit on the dead side or even sick without some color added to lashes or lips.
Haven't tanned in 17 years, so that makes a big difference.
I'm very pale and feel much better about my appearance with something..
Throwing on sweats or old jeans don't cut it when going out for me either.

I think what you wear, esp for your shape and size/ how you carry yourself/ how your hair looks is much more important at this age than face paint.Attitude also goes a long way and makeup can play into that for many..
Diff strokes.
I see fake lashes,bright shadows and bondo on the face. Why would I care, maybe they have a huge blotch or scarring?
Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves.
I see full make up done in muted colors that I think looks great and probably took more time than the "garish" ones to look good.
The "baby Jane" look is to easy to get if you don't know what you are doing or use the right products.
Its their face.
If a woman feels better fully made up or just lipstick, who cares but her or who she is with?

I appreciate the effort people make to look nice and self expression.Let them be.
Some spend hundreds on hair and nails, some on cosmetics and wrinkle creams. Its their choice.
Making fun of people that are happy with what they do is a waste.
They may think you have given up on how you look with zero makeup and some unflattering butch hair cut and sloppy sweats or jeans all the time.

I personally can't get away with to much imo.
Lips, hair, clothes, some mascara and blur cream..ready!!!
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2014 9:51:42 PM
Personally, how much makeup a woman (or, I suppose a man) wears bothers me not a whit. What does infuriate me is the amount of "perfume" some women seem to find necessary. I think it is one particular "fragrance," (hmm, can I get away with calling it a stench?) though I am pressed to really know as I tend to skedaddle out of the area as quickly as my hind quarters allow.
I was brought up to believe that perfume should be discovered, not to overwhelm. For men and women.

Anyway, back to the makeup: sometimes makeup is just a mask - something that allows the wearer to assume the persona they wish to be. Just as some find comfort and security in a particular style of clothing, some find security in a particular look. As miss 'tunia intimates, perhaps the makeup serves the purpose of hiding or disguising a real or imagined fault.

TK
[ya know, I've been known to apply a bit of foundation at times: yup, sometimes a bit of concrete, sometimes more'n a speck of plaster, most times, though, it's just good ol' garden dirt. Yup, yup, yup, that's my kind of makeup!]
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 486
Posted: 12/22/2014 8:55:27 AM
Most of us older gals need moisturizer anyway, not just for looks, but dry skin hurts. If I am going to bother, why not use a tinted one?
But if a gal wants/needs more coverage, no shame in that.

My lips get chapped too- chapstik comes in tints now too, or we have balms & glosses that sooth & prevent cracking/drying.

I live Upstate Ny, the Winters CAN get HARSH. Moisturizing is key.

Much of the makeup issue is age & location.

Preference also.

I'm older, my time is valuable- for an everyday look 5 mins tops
for Saturday Nite or a fancy occasion 10 mins tops.

Guys you should moisturize as you get older too.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 487
Posted: 12/22/2014 10:46:44 AM

If she thinks she looks good and goes outside with confidence. Her confidence would shine thru and she would come across as more attractive.
Of course its up to a point as I seen a woman who looked like a clown and didn't even know it lol.

You just contradicted yourself. First you say if SHE thinks she looks good, her confidence would shine through and she would “come across” (?) as more attractive.
(For YOUR viewing pleasure, you mean…?)

Then you say since YOU deemed her to look like a clown, she had no right to think she looks good, or “walk around proud.”

Even other women at the place laughed..

You laughed at her? And thought others laughing at her was cool and funny? Sounds like adolescents in junior high school. I hope she ignored you and everyone else behaving like children with no manners. And now you’re bragging about how cruel you are. SMH

Sometimes older women don’t realize or can’t see as well when applying makeup. Having compassion, kindness and understanding for others rather than making fun is attractive in a man.
 petula1908
Msg: 488
Posted: 12/22/2014 11:47:40 AM
Yes Ron 9 you are now talking being turned on by nubile girls and their clothes or lack of them. The natural look of a young girl in her prime who doesnt need enhancement, but whether you get fired up or not over what you deem as heavy make up, on others, it is not done for you, so dont worry about it.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 489
Posted: 12/22/2014 12:31:50 PM
Speaking of clowns, there was a book for women that came out many years ago entitled "Blue Eyeshadow Should Be Illegal". I thought it was good advice back then, and I still think it's good advice to this day. I wouldn't be caught dead in the stuff---I think it makes women looks clownish.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 490
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2014 2:16:27 PM
I've heard ladies many times wear makeup not for others but for themselves. Some ladies like the way it makes them look and feel. Kind of a confidence booster I've been told.

Too much, not enough or none at all. It does'nt matter to me and if it makes a lady feel good about herself then go for it I say. If she looks clownish with too much or plain without it that is up to her. I've seen attractive women with and without makeup. It all depends on the individual and taste. Some people have good taste and some don't. The ones who don't probably wonder what all the chuckling is behind their backs.
 kj521
Msg: 491
Posted: 12/22/2014 2:39:55 PM
I have to tell you the cutest thing I have seen in awhile was a bunch of 80-100 yr old ladies at an assisted living facility all dolled up for there 12 noon holiday party. They all donned glittery and festive outfits and it mattered not one bit that some were a littled heavy handed with their make up (not to mention applied to the wrong features, in a couple of cases)............

And I thought to myself......I sure hope I am still putting effort into my appearance at that age and chasing after the three single men. :)
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 492
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2014 4:03:23 PM
^^^^^^^^How cute.
I think thats fabulous.Knew I was keeping those beaded gowns and dresses for a reason.

Except for the blue eyeshadow (def agree with hal ) , when I was a kid I always said I was going to doll up like Endora on bewitched as an old lady.
I just loved her.

"Helllllll-o Derwood".
 Ouija2025
Msg: 493
Posted: 12/22/2014 5:04:36 PM
Make up counters are as seductive as Vin naked in my bed. Alas I suck ice applying it so I usually end up looking like Marilyn Manson.
Which isn't a bad thing :/
I adore blue eyeshadow I wear it on my nose, so I am guessing " fox paw"
If at the end of the day you are pleased with your reflection in the mirror - go out there and OWn that look
 calguy14
Msg: 494
Posted: 12/22/2014 6:13:24 PM
Whatever they can own,yes.As for the stars,I've always said the true stars of Hollywood are the makeup artists..apparently all gay?Can you imagine the stories those guys trade?
 BLoNDeANGeL845
Msg: 495
Posted: 12/22/2014 7:33:29 PM
Audrey Hepburn —she summed it up the best:

‘Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn't help if you're ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.’
 petula1908
Msg: 496
Posted: 12/23/2014 4:52:49 PM
Funnily enough I like a bit of blue eye shadow especially on a blue eyed person. I think make up should be fun and creative and those that look a bit bizarre, so what? We have all sorts of colours in our hair and on our face nowadays.
I wear make up because I like it and because without it I look like death warmed up. I know the difference in the way I am treated especially by men, when I wear some cosmetics and when I don't. Invisible moves to visible. But I have the option to do whatever and that is all I care about.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 497
Posted: 12/23/2014 5:51:11 PM
Funnily enough I like a bit of blue eye shadow especially on a blue eyed person. I think make up should be fun and creative and those that look a bit bizarre, so what? We have all sorts of colours in our hair and on our face nowadays.

That may be fine for you, Petula--however, I don't use my face as a canvas for artistic expression. If I want to express myself artistically, I'll do an oil painting or a watercolor painting. I use make-up to enhance my features--not to change them.

I already have dark blue eyes---blue eyeshadow on me looks garish and cheap. I think the best make-up looks natural, as if one is wearing little to none. I'd prefer that people notice ME---not my make-up job.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 498
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2014 6:09:44 PM
I have been blessed with great skin that I started caring for at an early age.......so I don't have to wear a lot of makeup....love my lipstick, though.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >