Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 439
Women that wear too much makeup at our age....Page 17 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
So how about we declare this truce: don't tell us what we find more attractive, and we won't tell you how you feel more attractive. They may well be two entirely different looks. Just give us some credit for knowing what we like. Deal?

...Deal.

I have given up trying to figue out what men find attractive anyhow. I have made it a point to look what "I think" is extra special...taking lots of care to hair and make-up for a date. All that effort and nothing. But guess what he says later on in the evening? "Btw...I love that pic of you in the garbage bag, you look so cute." Go figure

...mae
 amlookingup
Msg: 440
Women that wear too much makeup at our age....
Posted: 2/3/2012 8:59:42 AM
I like makeup..Do i need it to go out of the house no..Some women just don't know how to put it on ...I think young and older women go over board sometimes with the makeup..It's not just older women!
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 441
Posted: 2/3/2012 4:14:51 PM
lol betty mcfatty pants that name cracks me up!

I hate wearing foundation. I feel like I am suffocating. I've tried tints, colored lotion, all kinds of foundations and all of them drive me crazy.

try this and if you invest in a good brush its great and lasts months!

http://www.indianearth.net/
 apurfectmeow
Msg: 442
Posted: 2/3/2012 5:01:34 PM
I look so different with make up on that either men love it or hate it.
A little blush and lip gloss is my norm for work.
I just dont like much.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 443
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2012 5:18:33 PM

I gave up the day my ex-hubby was all gaga over me when I came back from camping for 3 days, dirty, smelly, hair a big tumbleweed filled with twigs and leaves. Really?

Really.

I have a friend who coined what he calls the kilowatt test for beauty. It works like this:

Have the woman in question get ready for a night out, then take her backpacking for two weeks. Count the number of kilowatt hours required to restore her to the original state. Lower the number, higher the score.

As noted different men have different tastes. But here's some of the reasons those of us who prefer the low fuss look have:

A glamorous look can be perceived to send the message "look, but don't touch". We like to touch.

Lotions and potions generally have a smell to them. We like to smell you, not concoctions.

If you've got to spend any significant amount of time primping that's time we might want to spend with you. Maybe lingering in bed a little longer. Maybe taking advantage of a spontaneous opportunity to go out and do something appealing. Regardless, it's time we don't get to be with you. It means waiting when we'd rather be doing.

We like it when you join us in our active pursuits, whether camping, hiking, paddling, doing yardwork together or whatever. If you're a "I might break a nail/my hair can't get wet/my mascara might run" type that doesn't work for us.

We love you for who you are, and like to look at you, not a paint job. When you've got makeup on we feel like we have to look past it to see the real you. We'd rather just see you.

There are plenty of men who go for the glamorous look, are content to leave the women behind while they go out with the boys. But there are plenty of us who align with some or all of the thinking I outlined above.

So for us we might well get excited when you come home from that three day camping trip looking as you described. And if all you've got to do before going out to dinner with friends is shower and run a brush through your hair you're our kinda gal.
 twilitesprite
Msg: 444
Posted: 2/9/2012 8:01:18 AM
I wear less makeup now than I did when I was in my 20s. I feel more secure about my self image I suppose. Also, the Florida humidity makes face cakes droop.
 livinghealthy50
Msg: 445
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2012 4:42:55 PM
I love that post.
 jugglicker55
Msg: 446
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2012 5:16:49 PM
If you like it then wear it, if you don't then don't. But i am for getting the best out of what ever one can. With that statement i mean, heck if you are mud fence ugly, and a little makeup makes you look sexy hot, then by golly wear it and i'll take you out. But yes, i really understand where you are coming from. You can over do anything like tammy fay baker, with so much she use to plaster on, she looked sick to me, but hey, i wasn't the one who she was married to either. And heck, Jimmy must have liked what he saw when she had the bright spot lights on her. but to each their own. it's not up to me to tell you how much to put on. That was mamas job.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 447
Posted: 12/16/2014 9:55:15 PM

fishon!!!(d1586292) on 5/14/2006 1055 PM
I am a woman of 51 and I have never worn makeup makes me feel like I'm pretending to be someone I'm not..I did not like to see it on others when I was younger..and now when I look at women my age who wear it it scares the shit out of me..do we know how stupid we look?? Its like seeing a guy in a speedo who shouldn't be in one....I was in a "timmys" the other day and there was someone in front of me..she looked nice from behind cute butt cute hair oh but when she turned around cripes..she looked like a friggin' guppie..facelift and lip thingy done..eyes buggin out 'cause they had nowhere else to go probably cost her 10 thousand bucks to scare everyone.. sorry but if that is the only way to get a guy..to put it in my mothers words..I would rather have a hot dinner....

OMIGOD!!!
ROLMFAO
Oh so true! So very, very true!!!!

Hahahahaaaaa!
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 448
Posted: 12/16/2014 10:35:18 PM

OMIGOD!!!
ROLMFAO
Oh so true! So very, very true!!!!

Hahahahaaaaa!

You drag up a thread that hasn't been posted in for almost 3 years & that's the Best You can do. Real insightful post there.....
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 449
Posted: 12/16/2014 10:38:15 PM
Thanks for your insightful reply.
What made it funnier is that the post resembled some of the women who commented on my make up posts.
 petula1908
Msg: 450
Posted: 12/17/2014 12:21:52 AM
fishon

You are talking about major plastic surgery now, not just make up. You are talking about extreme cases. I think some colour on the face can enhance your appearance and I find it fun to do. If you don't like wearing make up, that is your business but what others do, is their own affair. You call it deception but most intelligent people are aware that make up is being worn. No one enjoys looking at a drab colourless face but if you have natural beauty, then lucky you.

awesomefiftyman

I notice you don't have the balls to post a pic of yourself but are very quick to criticise some of those women who do and who horrors of all horrors choose to wear cosmetics!!!. You come off as quite unpleasant and you better hope that not all women on the site read your posts.

How are you doing with the pictureless profile by the way??? I would be interested to hear.
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 451
Posted: 12/17/2014 6:02:45 AM
I didn't wear any makeup while in my 20s. Never understood the need to wear the heavy stuff especially fake eyelashes and streaks on the cheeks look. When you age you skin thins and discolor so I find light mousse foundation helps as well as eyeshadow and mascara and that is it.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2014 6:07:28 AM
I figure whatever works for yourself.

I don't have the discipline to do make-up. I don't like anything on my face.

Some don't like to leave their house without anything on their face.

Whatever makes you feel the best.
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 453
Posted: 12/17/2014 7:22:48 AM

You drag up a thread that hasn't been posted in for almost 3 years & that's the Best You can do. Real insightful post there.....

Exactly Blue Eyes. And this is what everyone was ragging on that putz about - do a thread search as there are many topics on makeup. Instead he has to whine and snivel like a 5 year old having a tantrum and bash a dozen or more posters in half a dozen threads because they deleted his precious thread. What an idiot.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 454
Posted: 12/17/2014 10:55:50 AM

You are talking about major plastic surgery now, not just make up. You are talking about extreme cases.

I know.
That's why I said,
"What made it funnier is that the post resembled some of the women who commented on my make up posts."

I think some colour on the face can enhance your appearance and I find it fun to do. If you don't like wearing make up, that is your business but what others do, is their own affair.

Of course you are entitled to do what you want and to have your own opinion.
As I am entitled to my opinion.
I'm not telling women who wear make up to stop. I'm just expressing my preference for women who don't wear make up.

You call it deception but most intelligent people are aware that make up is being worn. No one enjoys looking at a drab colourless face but if you have natural beauty, then lucky you.

Uhh...ya.
I am very well aware of who is wearing making and who is not.
Uh yes, natural beauty.
I do believe that "natural beauty" is my preference.

Some naturally beautiful women think they need to plaster tonnes of make up on?
Like an anorexic who thinks they need to lose weight.
Some don't realize that to maintain their natural beauty that healthy lifestyles is the way.
After all, you can keep painting the exterior but the foundation will crumble if you don't eat healthy, don't get enough sleep, live a stressful life, smoke and drink too much.

I know some women who fit the above description.
They either don't believe it
or just don't want to put in the effort that a healthy lifestyle requires and just don't want to hear about it.
Putting make up on is way easier than exercising.

awesomefiftyman

I notice you don't have the balls to post a pic of yourself but are very quick to criticise some of those women who do and who horrors of all horrors choose to wear cosmetics!!!. You come off as quite unpleasant and you better hope that not all women on the site read your posts.

How are you doing with the pictureless profile by the way??? I would be interested to hear.

petula1908,
this comment of yours is referred to as an "Ad Hominem attack".
It shows that you are incapable of conducting a civil, logical debate on the subject matter,
so you attack the messenger instead of the message.

But for the entertainment value, I will respond.

Maybe not having a picture is a clue?
In the real world, I am doing quite well.
As for this POF?
I guess I should state on my profile that I am just here for the forums.
If there were other reasons for not putting my face out there, I can't see how any of those reasons would be your business.

If you paid attention,
but you didn't,
any criticism against anyone on POF was a direct result of them striking first with criticism against me.

Obviously I could care less if ALL women on the site read my posts.
Isn't the whole idea of writing your opinion on the Internet to have a greater audience? DUH!!!

Once again,
if you had any ability to absorb and process information,
you would understand that there would be a minority of women that would understand my Original Post and agree with it.
Those women would then be in a category of whom I may well be suited for.
You see that logic?
Obviously, we can't please everybody and everybody cannot please us.
That is the essence of dating. Finding someone compatible.
You wrongly think that ALL women on the site would be offended by my Original Post.
You obviously didn't want to accept that some weren't offended.
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 455
Posted: 12/17/2014 11:02:54 AM
bluemoon24_7 ,
Thank you for responding directly and indirectly to my posts.

Instead he has to whine and snivel like a 5 year old having a tantrum and bash a dozen or more posters in half a dozen threads because they deleted his precious thread. What an idiot.

It's funny to see you make posts that resemble you!

To your following post below bluemoon24_7,

LOL
Hey, let's keep fighting like 5 year olds bluemoon24_7.
You seem to enjoy it
and now that I realize that more than 50 % of POF forum posters want to engage in such childish BS.... I can accept that and jump into that role.

It doesn't bother me that you choose the BS instead of trying to be civil and logical.
Have a nice and remember to change your diaper. . . ;)
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 456
Posted: 12/17/2014 11:17:45 AM

It's funny to see you make posts that resemble you!

I rest my case regarding you being a 5 year old - I don't even need to put forth a case as you prove it every time you post.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 457
Posted: 12/17/2014 1:10:07 PM
I don't understand the big deal about wearing make up or not wearing it.
If you don't want to wear it...don't.
If you do want to wear it...do.
If you don't like dating women who wear make up...don't.
If you do like dating women who wear make up...do.

Just because you wear make up, doesn't make you better than or less
than someone who doesn't...and vice versa.

It's easy peasy.

Why is there a need to comment on women that wear too much and who
gets to decide what is too much anyway?

Wear what you're comfortable with and tell the haters to fuk off.
 gtomustang
Msg: 458
Women WHO wear too much makeup at THEIR age....
Posted: 12/17/2014 2:31:50 PM
this whole lazer focus on one tiny subject ("it doesn't mean much to me, so I'm going to focus only upon it and bring it up everywhere") is turning into a running joke. Its like the guy in the office who after every sentence has to say, "yeah, that's what she said."
 Demidar
Msg: 459
Women WHO wear too much makeup at THEIR age....
Posted: 12/17/2014 5:42:20 PM
The stencil and spray can look isn't to bad , that is kind of in now , isn't it ?
 petula1908
Msg: 460
Posted: 12/17/2014 6:03:33 PM
awesomefiftyman

"attack the messenger instead of the message" pot calling kettle black......
 petula1908
Msg: 461
Posted: 12/17/2014 6:11:27 PM
awesomefiftysman

and yes you better rewrite your profile that says you are looking for a relationship, if you are only "here for the forums" or at least state that because the women that want you, will be broken hearted, otherwise.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2014 11:09:01 PM

I don't understand the big deal about wearing make up or not wearing it.
If you don't want to wear it...don't.
If you do want to wear it...do.
If you don't like dating women who wear make up...don't.
If you do like dating women who wear make up...do.

Just because you wear make up, doesn't make you better than or less
than someone who doesn't...and vice versa.

It's easy peasy.

Why is there a need to comment on women that wear too much and who
gets to decide what is too much anyway?

Wear what you're comfortable with and tell the haters to fuk off.

Ditto.
We just need to keep opinions to ourselves when it comes to how others look, in all aspects.
Every day you'll find something in the larger world that's going to surprise the heck out of you.
Guys and gals are dying their hair all sorts of colors. Sometimes it looks awful, sometimes it looks good,
but it's their right, and it hurts no one.
 hotdogshop100
Msg: 463
Posted: 12/17/2014 11:11:31 PM
The topic of this thread is about women who wear too much makeup. If you don't care to discuss why comment?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >