Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dd3va
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Women that wear too much makeup at our age....Page 3 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
I wear minimal makeup at work, and slighty more when I go out. Only difference, I wear lipstick when I go out. Every woman wants to feel pretty.
 OldFolkie
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Women that wear too much makeup at our age....
Posted: 6/2/2009 10:03:24 PM
I have no idea.

But then I have a beard. Makeup? What's that?

Kidding of course. But as an old folkie/hippie kind of guy, I'm more likely to attracted to the "less is more" approach.
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 211
Posted: 6/3/2009 6:27:06 AM
I love feeling like a woman. I am a Tom Boy, work hard love playing hard.....but whenever it comes to wanting to feel and like like a woman I pull out all the stops. Perfume....make up, lotion, special bath soaps. pretty under things, I like my bleached blond hair, cleavage showing and to have my legs as smooth as silk. I like the lift em high bra's and showing cleavage. I always like looking my best. It doesn't matter to me what others think it only matters how how I think and feel. But I like feeling and looking like a woman.
 karma1160
Msg: 212
Posted: 6/3/2009 7:22:42 AM
ahh yea age does not come easily for a lot of us.
One of the things I love about my age though is that eventhough I get up, wash up, dress up and show up everyday I don't feel compelled to look for prince charming to walk in the door any moment I can just be me.
So yes I still look presentable when I go to the grocery store but I don't feel like I have to look perfect just in case.
 Janet4ever
Msg: 215
Posted: 6/3/2009 9:02:57 AM
I don't care if women wear makeup or not -- old or young. Everyone has their own style and I like that we're not all the same.

My grandma is in her 90's and still wears makeup. I think she looks awesome.
 rossal
Msg: 217
Posted: 6/3/2009 10:19:49 AM
You aren't supposed to put it on with a trowel/spackle........it is supposed to enhance your features, not cover them. See my face; no makeup.
 english lass
Msg: 218
Posted: 6/3/2009 10:50:52 AM
well, if you don't like how she looks, don't date her... ;)

personally, i like makeup, it's fun... and i like fun things

hair colour's fun too

so is unusual jewelry

clothing with a bit of sass

and laughing til the tears come

all of which can make someone look ugly... but, ya know...as long as we're enjoying ourselves and don't care, why should you?

lighten up a little and enjoy life, it beats the alternative
 DivineBovine
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 7:42:13 PM
define too much makeup???

i suspect most of the readership of this forum would consider my daily usage to be "too much"... but my part-time job is in the makeup business and it's a necessity to be taken seriously.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 224
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:56:15 PM
Why do some seek validation of themselves by putting down those who are different?

If a woman wants to wear makeup...it's her choice she is the person having to take the time and trouble to put it on...it does show that she is atleast interested in her appearance. I just dont get where some think they are better than others cause they have a preference for something...wearing makeup or not...do what makes you happy and spend the time you would downing others to make yourself better.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 225
Posted: 6/4/2009 4:02:11 AM
I love wearing makeup, and it makes me feel pretty. Much of the time anymore though, I don't wear any, to be dragged down the street by the dog or to look good for a bunch of cops and criminals.
My one friend teases me for all of the useless information that clutters my brain:
Lipstick sales go way up in a troubled economy, because it is a relatively cheap splurge. I guess now is a good time to be selling lipstick.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 230
Posted: 6/4/2009 11:35:14 AM
I recall on a vacation to Florida a woman that must have been about 70 years-old, wearing a teeny yellow bikini. She had a savage tan, a fit body, and she looked really good and knew it and was proud of it.
I have no idea how much "work" she had done, but she was a very attractive woman.
Raquel Welch was on television one day and she looks incredible. She said, matter-of-factly that it takes hours in makeup to make her look that good.
Women are under different societal pressures than men.
Yesterday, I asked my stylist if she saw any gray in my hair, because a graying man looks distinguished whereas a graying woman is simply classified as old. Society is often unfair to women.
Young or old, too much makeup can look garish, but there is still nothing wrong with enhancing one's best assests. If a women has beautiful eyes then what is wrong with some eye liner, mascara, and maybe even those false eyelashes for long, long lashes.
Because of the fine texture of my hair, it will never grow halfway down my back and be healthy. I have actually considered hair extensions, but prefer to be natural.
 the SoldierByte
Msg: 231
Posted: 6/4/2009 12:33:27 PM
Can only speak for myself on this....
but...........
I like make-up on my gal....
I think it gives a bit of intrigue..
Like with my third wife (the "Barbie" one).....
When she'd get all "dolled-up" and we go out..
then get home...
jump into bed to "monkey-around"...
by morning ,
after I wore all that make up off her..
I was shocked that I did not recognize her..!!
Like having TWO wife's in one..!!
Those that "can"....
they DO....
those whom CANNOT / will not /..
they complain... (like my fifth wife)...
Yeah...
Now that gal b-i-t-c-h-e-d about EVERYTHING..!!!
almost drove me to drink..!!!
But ohhhh jeepers....
she could make me beg and glaze my eyes...
And that was before she even got her toes straightened...!!!
I luvs you gals here.....
Even if I never get a date....
Yous all know how to tug at my heart for them
sweet ole memories..........
I gotta go now....
We got a new female cop here...
so I busted out my back window, poked myself in the eye,
and called in about an assault and vandal..
More later...
---SoldierByte---
 Make it happen!
Msg: 233
Posted: 6/4/2009 7:42:25 PM
Hmmm, I have never worn much makeup and still don't. But to each his own. Yet, guess what.... we all do things to look good for the opposite sex. Some manage this and some don't. And look around some still wear what they wore in high school thinking they look good. I think........... we should change and update ourself as times go on. But to try and dress 20 when we are 40 is counter productive. Some of us have mommy tummies from bearing children and surgeries that womean have........... and then men around us go for the younger women without mommy scars. So, some try and compensate. I say.... do what you do for yourself and you will find someone that likes you as you are or as you do. If you don't like what the woman or man does to look good....just move on. Some people are just to criticle of others. To each his own.

Thanks to those that do provide us with a chuckle or two. Make up is just a way we have been tought to help us feel better, look younger, sexier, flawless and so on. Men grow bears, mustaches, two day growth, hair plugs... all the same but different. Life!
 Miss W
Msg: 237
Posted: 6/13/2009 2:06:39 PM

Actually most of the women I know wear less makeup than girls I see down the street who are in their 20's.

Same here. I just do enough to enhance my lips, cheeks, and eyes and to take the dead edge off. I have been told that I do look good without make up but I wear it as a "public service".
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 238
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:34:48 PM
Well said, amethyst, well said!
 NotTheAverageChick
Msg: 239
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:42:36 PM
As a lifelong makeup wearer, I do it to put my best face forward in this competitive world where I know that my personality/spirit/education/socio-economic status are NOT the first things people see. It is to accentuate what is most prized in this society (smooth, flawless skin, big-bright-eyes, full-luscious-lips) and diminish what I don't want to present FIRST to the world. People don't stand up and announce their shortcomings on first acquaintance. Why? Because we are undoubtedly hoping the other person will 'see' all our other good qualities and either overlook or look with a kinder eye at everything else.

The matter of what others do with their bodies could evoke such vehement reactions in unaffected parties is one of the reasons humans have not progressed farther. It has been said that while English men were waging wars, subjugating every culture they encountered, and stealing from the world - their distracted women were holding tea parties to snicker at the length of someone's dress ruffle and snub others whose hair didn't have enough curl. Imagine where the world would be, what influence they could have had, what horrors they could have stopped if they'd paid attention to what was really important in this world?

As for TammyFaye Bakker - SHE felt she looked good, SHE got two men to love her, SHE lived the life she wanted, and from everything I've ever heard about her - most people thought she was a very nice woman.
 jaqi
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2009 11:33:12 AM
I put it on for me.... I am sitting here alone at my computer and have on my make-up and earrings ... just makes me feel good and feminine. I never wear much as I have been blessed with good skin and can't stand foundation even though I keep meaning to try out the ones that are meant to feel like they haven't been applied...but not go around to that yet... just a bit of eye liner, mascara, blusher and lippy... I like being a girlie for the very reason of dressing up and wearing make-up and can't see a time when I won't be wearing it.

Those that prefer to go au natural well that is their choice... some can get away with it, others can't. Some wear too much and perhaps they should have gone to spec savers or put the light on when applying it but again their choice.... as one of the other posters said... live and let live!
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 244
Posted: 2/22/2011 4:23:00 PM
How old is 'old' ^^
 nativerock
Msg: 246
Posted: 2/23/2011 2:44:19 PM

Motto -- what's inside of a person matters as much as what's outside, perhaps more.

Oh judging from my dates would say I have to agree with you.. They want to know real quick just what is inside..
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 247
Posted: 2/23/2011 6:37:04 PM

Motto -- what's inside of a person matters as much as what's outside, perhaps more

...Let's hope that's true otherwise when they get one look at me without make-up...I'm in BIG trouble

..mae
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 250
Posted: 2/26/2011 2:00:38 AM
How about women that wear too much make up at any age. Yes Tammy Faye was the poster girl for how to apply makeup with a trowel and unfortunately you do see some Tammy Faye look alikes roaming around. This issue is no different than men or women who seem to be clueless as to which scent agrees with thier body chemistry and how much scent it too much - we have all been gasping for air after sharing an elevator with the over/incorrectly scented.

There are women out there who do not even answer the door without thier make-up on and rarely anyone besides thier SO sees them without thier mask. This thread leads nicely into the thread about what happens when people who have relied on thier looks start to loose them - do they just apply more make up and get more supportive undergarments?
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 251
Posted: 2/26/2011 4:12:40 AM
last week i was watching Ru Paul's Drag Race (love that show; tune in whenever i can, heh) and good god those men know how to put on make up better than lots of women i see walking around out there. i thought that was interesting.

anyway i think makeup is like clothing... different styles for different occasions and different people. i don't have any strong opinions about it one way or the other except when it comes to me & myself. i've known lots of women with what are (to me) very elaborate makeup routines but they don't look like clowns. if you know how to do makeup right, it doesn't call attention to itself, it calls attention to you. i'm pretty sure if i tried that, i'd look AND feel like a bozo. it's just not me, and i don't have the patience for it.

i used to wear a lil' makeup, nylons, high heels, the whole 9 yards back in the '90s. i cringe at the thought of it now. my heels were always getting stuck in the metal exhaust grates in the sidewalk, or i'd forget i had makeup on and rub my eyes, and it would smear. then my nylons would get caught on the tiniest little object and get a huge run. sometimes you could just look at those nylons funny, and they'd get a run. after all that and ruining half a dozen pair of shoes, EVERYTHING about it pissed me the hell off. i eventually went rogue and started wearing jeans to the office. i got some disapproving glances from the office hitlers, but i didn't care. there's no turnin' back now!
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2011 8:47:04 AM

Oh judging from my dates would say I have to agree with you.. They want to know real quick just what is inside..

If I understand correctly I'd like to ask a question on your comment:

Of the women I've dated some seem to be a tad pushy on asking personal questions early on. The big one is, "why did you divorce", usually, when we meet for the first time for coffee. To me that's just a bit early to be asking something that personal. While I have nothing to hide it's a real turn off and there is never a second date.

I assume the woman is attempting to eliminate problematic guys before anything ever starts but to me it is saying, "I've been burned in the past and my wall is up". Is this type of questioning normal for women? Do women find men doing the same thing?
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 253
Posted: 2/26/2011 8:57:53 AM
^^^^ yes Dave I call that line of questioning "Red Flag Hunting" and I agree that line of questioning is a bit too pushy for a first meet. Such questioning indicates to me that she is not really interested in how we may get along but how we won't get along. As has been said before if your main focus is to find the negative you may never find the positive
 ankkka
Msg: 254
Posted: 2/26/2011 9:44:25 AM
Interesting...what you wrote...
Of course...for me is very important who you are inside!How I'm going to know you without questioning?
By the way...the negative of you can be the positive for me.You never know.
Of course...if you are not a monster...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >