Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DeeLiteFul
Msg: 2
Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
lol even thou I live in Canada but Im normally from NYC and I would have to say NEW YORK YANKEESSSSSS GO YANKEES GO :)
 lkmichguy
Msg: 4
Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??
Posted: 5/27/2006 9:19:12 AM
Detroit Tigers....I've been a fan ever since I can remember....I remember watching some of my first games with my grandma and grandpa....ducking out of the way as my grandpa was throwing something at the TV and yelling.."Bums!!!!"
I was 8 when I first went to Tiger Stadium....it was by far one of the most memorable days in my life....what a feeling walking into the stadium and seeing the grass for the first time...
 darkhorse723
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2006 11:41:11 AM
Chicago Cubs.
I've been following them since I was a kid, me and my granddad used to go see their games and I've stayed a fan all along.
 beer030
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/30/2006 7:10:54 PM
My favorite baseball team always has been and always will simpy be the one and the only Chicago White Sox......for several reason,1,I am from the southwest side of Chicago!Born & rased thier!2,I do like underdog teams outside of the Cubs(whom I also like).There is no other better team that plays the underdog as well as the White Sox! Plus I seen my first consert @ the Old Cominski Park in 1967! And it was the Beatles! Really,it was! I do also very much hope that they repeat this year! Wait and see,I know! Plus I have been too more games at the New Cellular Park! Than at Wrigley! Thier is absoutley no bad seat at the newer park and I also belive it will be around a long,long time!Go White Sox!
 techguy
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/2/2006 12:36:58 PM
Blue Jays. (They're the home team.)

Now, if they would ditch those UGLY grey uniforms and get back to wearing BLUE I will be a lot happier. Getting back to winning will help too.
 techguy
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/3/2006 8:59:38 AM
The other thing with the Blue Jays is they need to get back to calling the stadium the "SkyDome" again. Calling it the "Rogers centre" is stupid and boring.

There's also too much advertising in the ballpark. It gets distracting. Speaking of distractions, I see they finally put a wall behind home plate so you can't see the beverage fetcher girls walking around in the background. They were HOT looking. At least that was a welcome distraction.

Opps I'm off topic...
 designingwoman
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2006 6:15:02 PM
Boston Red Sox.....forevah!!!!
 00Spy
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/6/2006 6:46:29 AM
The Detroit Tigers.

Kaline, Cash, Horton, Freehan, McLain, Lolich...
...................................................Trammel, Gibson, Herndon,Whitaker, Parish, Morris

Rodriguez, Guillen, Polanco, Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya, Inge

WEEEEERRRREEEE BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/6/2006 1:43:39 PM
do not ask me why but my favourite club is Yankees,do not know why because i have never watched a match,however,it is a very well known club and if i lived in USA i would support it

Thats an interesting statment. Over hear the Yankeess are very notorious and either loved or hated. It is interesting to have someone over seas say that I think it just sounds cool if that makes any sense. I mean I can understand why you would say that and I respect that.

You know I was just in Spain two weeks ago, and I must say your nation is beautiful and I loved in every way. EVERY night I went out in Madrid and after the night was night I always said

"Muchas gracias por la velada. Ha sido estupenda!!" Every night was great!!.

I think after your statment that I may start liking the Yankees too, don't ask me why too lol, it happens sometimes lol. But I know alot of people there in Spain seem to like or atleast respect them. I felt a close bond to the Spaniards there in Mardid and in Toledo when I went there about an hour or so south of Madrid.

00Spy
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/6/2006 2:02:34 PM

and besides, in typical Gnats fashion you were the one who tried to denigrate Gibson's HR as not being worthy of the Thomson HR! so i was hardly the one to fire the first salvo here my friend.

Gibby's HR was good but Thompsons was better.
and Gibby will always be a Tiger.
 beer030
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/30/2006 2:54:51 AM
I went too a Chicago public school.
 itsme75
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/30/2006 6:43:59 AM
Well in the american league, it was the Jays and Yankees really, the jays cause they are the only canadian team left, plus been following them ever since my first MLB experience at old exhibition stadium in toronto, the Jays won that day 3-2 against the yankees.

In the national league, it was the Expos for sentimental reasons, now its the Rockies cause of the good players they have had come and gone.
 techgirl27
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:07:16 PM
Two words:

RED SOX .

Red Sox Til I Die! I love the Bosox and everything about Boston. I grew up in New England. For me it was and always has been Sox Sox Sox. When I say I left my heart at Fenway Park, I'm serious. Sometimes I really wonder.

My passion for them has always been the same, before and after 2004. Nowhere and no one in the world will ever take them away from me! BTW I do have a life outside of my baseball, lol, I just am seriously dedicated to my team.
 techgirl27
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:28:59 PM
for me, Boston sports wont "just do", they are the only ones that matter!!
 techgirl27
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:53:55 PM
HR: True enough..... reality doesnt always bite
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/15/2008 9:07:47 AM
In 1986, I was actually a Mets fan!!! LOL I loved watching Lenny Dyskstra slide into second with mouthful of chew. Kevin Elster was amazing at third, but it was annoying to hear about the squabbles between Mookie Wilson and Darryl Strawberry. John Gibbons, who went on to manage the Jays, was also on that team and I did not like him then because he could not hit and I disliked him even more when he was heading up the Jays.

I remember quite well the World Series between the them and the Red Sox and watched the ball roll between Buckner's feet at first, an error that forced game seven.

Here's a quote of what Buckner said to ESPN more than two weeks BEFORE that horrible error.

The worst nightmare is letting the winning run score on a ground ball going through your legs.

The following year, the Mets started trading my fave players and I was not happy with the direction they were going. At the time, we were getting a Boston channel on cable...the games came on right after the Andy Griffith reruns, so I had been watching a few of their games already. The more I watched, the more I liked. I saw a team with a lot of character and determination and a dedicated fan base that could not be found anywhere else.

So, to make a long story short, it was in 1987 that the Sox won me over and I have been a dedicated fan ever since!!
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/15/2008 4:50:40 PM
Wiz, I am worried about you! Do we need to play 'Torn Between Two Lovers' or 'Mixed Emotions' for you??If The Hair of the Dog makes you happy when the Sox closer walks to the mound, you will know where your passions lie.

If you get the warm, fuzzies when you hear Dirty Water, or at very least Sweet Caroline, we will know where your passions lie. If we have to hand you a crying towel at the end of the game, I'll play Sad Eyes and give you a hug!! That is, if the Sox win!!

comic book
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/2/2009 1:27:10 AM
any team but the dodgers and angels. shoots, i'll take a t-ball team over the dodgers and have my teeth pulled than see the dodgers.
 itechman63
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2009 4:01:41 PM
The St. Louis Cardinals.

Mostly it's a family tradition and my mom and dad were introduced because they were Cardinals fans. Then my earliest memories were of taking family car rides on summer evenings with the games on the AM radio. Then as I got older I recall hiding under the covers with my transistor radio after bed time when they played the West Coast teams.

And as was said... when they mention the truly greats of the game in history that includes maybe a half dozen names, when you watch the Cardinals you are seeing the once a generation player that will eventually join that short list that includes the likes of Babe Ruth and Ted Williams in Albert Pujols.
 comic book
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/3/2009 10:43:12 AM
i hate any so. cal team. everyone should rock, 'beat LA,' and 'Beat OC' shirts like a trend.
 chadcuba
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/17/2009 1:48:07 PM
Tampa Bay Rays are my fav team but in the Nat League i have to root for the Atlanta Braves since i work at the Braves' stadium and if they make the playoffs i work more/make more money lol. Would love to see a Rays/Braves world series!!!!
 marshfieldmale
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/17/2009 10:47:06 PM
Detroit Tigers...been a fan since the early 70s.
 marshfieldmale
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/18/2009 7:22:00 AM

Gardenhire is one of the most underrated consistently good with nothing managers out there...

Even though I'm not a Twins fan, I'd have to agree with you here. I can't think of a classier manager in major league baseball....and year after year, he has his team in the pennant race. Minnesota struck gold twice in a row with Tom Kelly and Ron Gardenhire.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Whats your favourite MLB baseball team, and why??