Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > do women from different countries act differently      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 damassteel
Msg: 27
view profile
History
do women from different countries act differentlyPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Auntemily, brightestblue, et al;
I don't require a submissive, deferential,pushover of a woman. what I require is a woman who loves and appreciates Masculinity. I am a man. I need a woman who honors and respects my masculinity just as I honor and respect her femininity. I'm doing just fine with that now that I've found a German woman for a partner. She's educated (Phd, Bio)and productive and is without all of the toxic attitude we've been discussing on this thread and after more than two years the relationship thrives.
I've got a business partner who's a Russian guy and a jeweler. The same words that came out of Mt. lover are very same remarks I've heard from him on several occasions concerning American women and diamond sales.
I don't doubt that there are many American women who have their heads on straight, but a growing number of men find the odds of finding one just too daunting and have decided to seek partners where they feel they have a much better shot at discovering women they can be satisfied with.
 Einstein09
Msg: 28
do women from different countries act differently
Posted: 9/14/2009 7:55:21 AM
A huge percentage of American women are selfish, flighty, insecure, needy and psychotic, and quite capable of concealing those traits during the dating phase

White 'career' American chicks are the bottom of the barrel marriage-wise.

Foreign women from South America, Eastern Europe, and Asia are at the top. Only guys who travel (in other words, guys who are successful and ambitious enough to travel a lot) find these. But they never, ever go back.

Foreign-born women living in the US are the next best. They get married early...they are highly sought-after by American guys for their wifely skills (hell, any women who has ANY ability to be a wife is better than your average American chick, who knows NOTHING about being a wife)

Bottom of the barrel---white American chicks. Yecch.

Here's a story: I knew a guy who was Hungarian (parents emigrated) who tried for 15 years to find a half-decent women to marry. He's a doctor, by the way. Finally after 8 psycho-weirdo US chicks, he went back to the 'old country' to find a wife. The people there were lining the women up for him to meet...he's a rich American guy...they are considered the best husbands in the world.

He found this lovely wife. She is a total gem, and he's happy as hell. 2 kids. Happily ever after.
 SalonHottie4Real
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/14/2009 7:55:41 AM
depends on the person
 Sherlock101
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 8:24:14 AM

note to self, sell house and move to eastern Europe.....
I've been laughing all morning reading the forums, thanks all.

What I have found traveling is people from other places are very different in many ways, even right here in the USA. I once lived at a small vacation resort where we got many visitor's from Pittsburgh. The women from there were very different from the locals where I was. I loved the Pittsburgh women.

Spending a lot of time in Asia I found the women there to be more jealous on average but more honest and attentive. I also dated a few Europeans. I found the French to be a little snobby, the Russian women seemed to have the world owes me attitude and the Austrian women seemed to be more wholesome. All in all most women seemed to be more genuine than the one's here in the US.
 varinia
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/14/2009 9:15:17 AM
I've tried to stay out of this thread - until now lol.

The short answer to the question is: Of course, women, as well as men, from different countries act different.

The long: We all are the sum of our upbringings, part parents, part society around us, and part the character that we were born with. Throw all of that together and there are a ton of variations, that will also show commonalities in each culture.

But it's so easy to see the grass as greener on the other side. While I see a number of men talk bad about American women, I believe that those same men not only lump foreign women into ONE, but also look at things from a superficial perspective. Each trait that may be considered positive by one, also usually has a shadow side that is easily overlooked, when looking from the the outside in.

For example: The woman that is completely obedient and will always say 'yes, dear! You're right dear' is probably not going to voice her own opinion. The man will have to carry the responsibility for everything. He is never able to have a shoulder to lean on. He is never allowed to let go and just be. He will not be able to ever be weak in any way shape of form. He won't have a partner that he can discuss the choices with and brainstorm how to go on, if there are problems. While that may sound like nirvana for some men, ask a dominatrix/prostitute who her clients are, and they're mostly married men who have these traditional roles at home and who do this to have a moment when they don't have to carry the responsibility.

So, while it's easy to seemingly pick and choose the traits that we want in a partner, it's just as easy to overlook the drawbacks that come with it.

I was born and raised in Germany - 20 years - and I didn't grow up with these defined gender roles in business or dating. Girls and boys grew up knowing that at about 14 they'd have to decide what kind of apprenticeship they'd want to do when they're 16. And after school then we'd spend 2.5-3 years learning that trade. I don't know anyone that had this dream that they'd find a rich man and then didn't have to work. We had to make a major life decision at 14 and that was going to be the business we were in for the rest of our lives. So, us girls/women took that seriously and we were treated equal to the boys.

My parents didn't talk about women this and men that. If my dad helped my mom with her coat it was not because she was a woman, but because she only had 1 arm and there were just certain things that we assisted her with.

When it comes to dating, we didn't have 'dating'. I just met someone that I liked and he liked me and then we hung out and got to know each other as people. It wasn't about impressing each other, pretending to be a certain way. It was 'what you see is what you get' and if you liked it - great.

I wasn't evaluated by looks, but who I was as a person. German men don't compliment on looks, so it wasn't something that we took a lot into consideration when it comes to self-worth. I never thought of myself as pretty or ugly. I just was whoever I was. A compliment might come in the form of :'That's a great idea!' or 'I like the way you think!'.
So, coming here, where really the number one evaluation for a woman is her looks, has been really confusing. The things about me that I thought were good: I'm intelligent, I think out of the box, I'm extremely honest and ethical, have values and morals, look at things from the other person's perspective - those were things that were almost looked at as drawback, because the American guys that were attracted to my looks had certain ideas of what I'm like - and I didn't fit that stereotype.

So, my whole point is, what may look one way from the distance may not be exactly what you envision, because that same trait/characteristic may have a shadow side, that you're not even thinking about.

But overall, there are tremendous differences between men and women of different cultures. But I think it's age and exposure to other cultures that can make the difference. As we grow older many of us become more introspective and start looking at ourselves and are willing to change and adapt, become more aware and that's what makes us more alike.
 damassteel
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 11:15:36 AM
It doesn't sound as though you've read some of these posts too carefully. Many of them actually agree with you for the most part.
 varinia
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:40:00 PM
So, when German guys expressed appreciation for the complete "me," I was surprised, and a bit suspicious at first, thinking I was being played.

To this day I haven't been able to get past the opposite thing. When someone's first comment to me is about looks, there's always this thought that that's just flattery and I'm being played, and I automatically assume that that's just another guy that wouldn't like me anyway, because all he wants is looks....... And I run
 want to travel
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2009 4:29:22 PM
having traveled a fair bit in my life, i would have to say yes women from other culture act much differently, im not going to be to long winded in this post , i will say that american women are pretty lame, they have body issues, intimacy issues, feminine issues, and really expect the men to put up with there endless whining, im glad i am canadian
 Sherlock101
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2009 11:21:59 PM

A friend of mine who worked for a while in Asia married an Asian lady. He believed that Asian women treated men well but he was soon disillusioned. Although she was working when he met her she never worked after they married because it was her husband's job to support her. He also had to support her family back in Asia as she was no longer working to support them. And, even though she wasn't working, she had to have a cleaner come in to do the basic housework because she didn't expect to have to do those sort of menial jobs. He believes she only married him for his money - she thought he was rich because he earned a lot more than people in Asia. So good luck to you all if you think you will do better with a foreign wife.

A typical story of an old fat expat marrying a young Asian bar girl lol....
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2009 2:35:21 AM
^^^^^^No you're not.....you're all a big pain in the ass.
 aisatsana sixela
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/16/2009 3:06:27 PM
Being Ukrainian, I had no idea I must be a submissive person who stay quiet and let man make ever decision.

POF thread has taught me something. :)
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/17/2009 9:14:16 AM
Tantra,

Your assertion is simply inaccurate. Women from different countries WILL act differently for no other reason than their life experiece has been different.

You have proven this fact through your own behavior on this thread. You were immediately offended by the remark made about the gypsy. Ok, why? Because the Roma have been badly judged and discriminated against. Naturally, this discrimination will, on average, effect their personality and also yours ( assuming, of course, that you grew up in an environment where you were personally effected by this discrimination.)

This truth exists all over the world if your observe the history of that country. I WOULD argue that eastern european women place a much stronger value in family, and family values. Western men have in many cases got it wrong. It isn't that this east european woman is easilly controlled, instead her values are simply more likely to encourage the development of family. Often, at first at least, this will appeal greatly to the man who needs to be in control.

I think that every person around the world is the same in their emotional, psychological, and intellectual capacity and make-up. However each culture WILL be different because the experience of each culture within any given country will vary.
 varinia
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/17/2009 8:48:19 PM
I think the myth of certain women being more subservient and quiet in demeanor is probably encouraged by the business that deal with foreign brides. Since the men that frequent those websites are usually looking for that behavior - it's in the women's interest to present themselves that way. Subsequently it only enforces those ideas.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2009 11:08:03 PM
varinia, the only time I ever hear the words submissive or subservient, is from the mouths of feminist women. They use it as a put down to any women that doesn't try to steal a mans pants. I've dated foreign women and none of them have been submissive or subservient by any means. They had their own opinions but no agenda to establish dominance like American women. I can actually have a conversation with them instead of an argument. If I say black, an American women will say white just to be contrary. It's almost automatic, I'm not even sure they realize they do it because it's so bred into them to oppose men. I witness this behavior constantly. I'm working on my mailbox a few weeks back, and my neighbor across the street is pulling weeds out of her flower bed near the curb. The lady next door to her starts talking with her and she comments on how hot and humid it was. Ten minutes later her husband pulls in the driveway coming home from work, and he comments on how hot and humid it is. She says to him "You think it's hot?...I'm just fine, doesn't bother me"......so freakin typical.
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/4/2009 10:43:46 AM
If you disrobe some women from some countries you may find them strapped with dinomite. So I would have to say YES there may be differences.
 Mudkipz01
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/4/2009 6:33:19 PM
are you serious?

of corse women from different countries act differently, same with men from different countries

all humans adapt to their surroundings, different surroundings = different people, "the ground will always dictate"

everything is situational
 just4- 4ums
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/5/2009 4:41:14 PM
O.K. Doctor Phil.
 ninjaeleven
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 6:26:06 PM
I sure hope so, hope they aren't all like US women.
 pittpa
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/6/2009 1:09:00 PM
I think is a matter of language, dancing, cooking that's all I guess
 pittpa
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/6/2009 1:14:08 PM
at the least, they still do what your said, youre right :)
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2009 7:32:50 AM
Yes, women and men act differently. In countries where women are supressed and threated like second class citizens, the men seem to take things for granted and the women are timid. In poor economic areas such as the Ukrane and Russia areas have left many in poverty and women seek men from out of thier country for the sake of having a better life and family. I find the disposition of women from a culture as Ukrane very favorable, the values and attatude of family life where divorce is of neglegent issues since they dont have high divorce rates seem geared to stable home lives. Its really good to hear that women outside of our capitolistic society maintained values like that of our grandparents. I am inclined if things were different to visit that country.
 MyFunIsAnArtForm
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:24:44 PM
Yes Jennifer women do act different form different countries. Different cultures.
 Thorrin
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 1:21:11 AM
Yes they do...
I've been to Vietnam to teach English for 9 months.
Vietnamese there and here are very different.
Women here tend to feel that they have something to prove.
This is just my own observations in their general attitudes.
 RK831
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/25/2009 7:28:47 AM
There are many non-western countries where women take a more traditional, subservient role. Having met women from such countries myself, it sure is a big break from the feminists I've grown up with here at the states. Wow, she will stay home, cook, clean and rear the children? A breath of fresh air.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 9:30:35 AM
Yes. Even women who were raised in different areas of the country act differently. Even women who were raised in the same areas of the country, but moved to different towns act differently, although that's not quite as marked.

I know women from Manchester, and from London, and they act VERY differently. Women who are half Italian and half English, and VERY different from women whose parents are both English. Even women from New York are very different from women from El Paso.

It does help to pick women to date who come from places where you feel comfortable.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > do women from different countries act differently