Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ezzee
Msg: 101
Dating a guy with no car...my two cents!!Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Wait, why are those of us who go to school getting lumped in with those who don't work, and live in their parents' basement?

If you are referring to my comment, I was saying guys who dont work and DONT go to school. If you are in school then by all means live at home, school isnt cheap!

Thank god. I only live in my parents basement when I'm not at school. Then again, can I really call it my parents basement when they had both passed onto the other side in December? Oh well. I guess I like my parents basement, but I'm sure if the state or the creditors have anything to say about it, I won't be able to live her long. Thankfully my friends and I have an apartment for next year at school where I won't be living in the basement..
 Ezzee
Msg: 105
Dating a guy with no car...my two cents!!
Posted: 5/21/2006 12:25:50 PM

^^^what does this reply have to do with this thread??? I thought the topic was dating guys without cars, not who's living in who's basement...

Well, unless I was randomly dreaming again and quoting people who aren't actually real, I was just trying to interject into what was being said. I'm pretty sure that those whom I was quoting actually exist too. Of course, I do have a pretty creative imagination and may be making things up again. Sorry I pissed you off for randomly interjecting. Wouldn't be the first time I pissed someone off Ahhh! In fact, I'm getting quite good at it. I've had 28 years of practice. And trust me on this one. I am multi-talented: I can talk and piss you off at the same time.
 Ezzee
Msg: 119
Dating a guy with no car...
Posted: 5/21/2006 4:25:55 PM

Personally when I meet a guy without a car I think Loser , not motivated, boring, or an alcoholic who lost his drivers license lol But that is just me ....good luck

I think by making this assumption you are discriminating against 10% of the population who are disabled and can not drive because of it. If that's what not having a car insinuates is being boring, not motivated, or an alcoholic, then I've broken the mold on every single one of these assumptions cause I am motivated, definitely not boring, and last time I checked, not an alcoholic.
 Ezzee
Msg: 137
Posted: 5/21/2006 6:10:47 PM

I'm sure she is a nice person, she just has to learn not to judge everyone based on a few guys who used her and treated her badly.

Unfortunately, this is how almost all stereotypes are formed. I feel sorry for her that she has had so many bad experiences with men. It realy sucks. But we aren't all that way. At least I don't think that I am.

If I were to believe that all women were the way that I have been treated by a few, I would think that all women were nymphomaniac sluts who only want to use you for your money and so they can get children so they can take the welfare system for a ride. They would all just randomly pick up and leave for no reason with no excuse, without telling anyone where they are going, not even there own family. And on top of that, they would also hide the children from the fathers of them, no matter how well the fathers treated them.

Of course, I know all women aren't like that, but that would be my stereotype of women if I judged just on a few experiences I had.
 Ezzee
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/23/2006 10:04:51 AM

Okay, Okay, I've decided to buy a car. There, happy????

Not really. But way to go. Congratulations on giving into the pressure of your peers and capitalism.
 Wild Heart
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/23/2006 1:46:06 PM

Okay, Okay, I've decided to buy a car. There, happy????

lmao, can you drive me to the store?
 wiserd
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 2:26:21 PM
I think it will be awfully uncomfortable making out with someone on the back of your bike.
 Ezzee
Msg: 148
Posted: 5/23/2006 2:45:43 PM
Since everyone else is borrowing the car, can I borrow it too? I need a paperweight.
 chicaboom
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 5:15:51 PM
i had a car , then my son got his license
i don't know where it went
 Country Lady
Msg: 151
Posted: 5/23/2006 5:19:59 PM
Perhaps I really am as "different" as everyone tells me

I am dating a guy with NO CAR. Even more strange - we live 2 hours apart (well an hour and 40 minutes at 3:30 a.m.)

And yes its awkward, and yes it takes planning for us to get together - but somehow we've managed to get every weekend together since this went from casual to serious. He is important enough to me for me to make the 2 hour drive each way twice every week.

If I was going to make my choice on whether a person had a car - I would have tossed away the one person in all those I have met who is my match on almost every other level. If he had chosen to limit the people he met to those he could access by public transit we would have been in the same boat.

Keep an open mind - a car should be the least of the criteria you are looking for when finding that one person.
 Ezzee
Msg: 152
Posted: 5/23/2006 5:20:58 PM

If he wasn't already considering getting another car, do you really think he would have posted his query about it. I think he was looking for validation not to get one. Perhaps he felt it wasn't there and just followed his thoughts on it.

I actually don't think I saw any inkling of that in the initial post, although it would seem that the assumption could be made. I think he was looking for validation to get one, and got it, in enourmous amounts, although I still feel that there was quite a bit of assinine assumption made about people who don't have cars.
 Splinter
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 5:04:20 AM
Well I wouldn't date a guy who didn't have a car or a bike some kind of transportation but I live on PEI and if you want to go anywhere's you need a car. Not sure if it would matter if I lived in Toronto.
 Ezzee
Msg: 158
Posted: 5/24/2006 8:47:46 AM

Mine was an interpretation not an assumption.

It would be amazing how often those two end up being the same thing. Much like madness and brilliance.
 Tallblueyezs
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2006 9:01:52 AM
Cheap Trick Fan

..unless you have been ill for a period of time..there are circumstances.

I have my daughter's car parked in the driveway...She lives in VA/DC..parking is just a word..no such thing...she doesn't need it right now..the metro goes almost everywhere and she walks....this is how she gets to work and her friends...

In Philly there is a program that you can rent a person's car for a afternoon or longer if needed. There are ways to get around
 oizerbaf16
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/27/2006 9:21:29 AM
Ditching the car was a great idea. You automatically eliminate the superficial hoes . I'd gladly get rid of my bottomless cash hole if i lived closer to work.
 oizerbaf16
Msg: 172
Posted: 5/27/2006 9:28:54 AM
If only Paul McCartney had ditched his car years ago.....maybe he wouldn't have attracted that seal-hugging leach that's taking him to the cleaners now.
 Wild Heart
Msg: 195
Posted: 5/29/2006 2:05:09 PM

Many women want a guy with a car simply for status reasons

You haven't seen my car lol. I've driven in some interesting vehicules.....really didn't care what it was, it was nice for someone to drive me and now since I drive 2 hours a day for work, I really like it when someone else drives.....

Not everyone has the money to buy a status symbol.
 Ezzee
Msg: 197
Posted: 5/29/2006 5:30:07 PM

how about dating a girl with no car?:

Once again, a car to me is still just a material thing that has no effect on the person what so ever. Having a car or not having a car makes absolutely no difference to me.
 SuperBeautifulMonster
Msg: 217
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:13:54 PM
dating a guy with no car is just like dating a guy who is lacking in any area; u better hope he makes it up for it some other way.
 Wild Heart
Msg: 219
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:38:18 AM
Having a big title for your job just means you have more meetings to go to! lol. The fanciest title I ever had was for some two-day job where I just changed signs on easels all day! heh heh
 empress1978f
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2006 3:20:54 AM
If you live in....oh say New York, its probably cool, it seems like driving is such a pain, that no one really does it.

However, if you live in California, or someplace like that, its pretty important to have a car, as I have been on a public bus, and its no place you want to be with a dude travelling to a date.

Unless you have a helicopter, then you don't need a car
 pese
Msg: 236
Posted: 6/30/2006 1:06:53 AM
I have had no car for 16 month in LA of all places, and it feels great.
I got electric scooters, and cars ARE going to be a thing, soon to be
unefficiant and unaffordable, of the past.
With that in mind, a carless guy is the biker of Y2K.
and why dont you both take a cab to the delivery and enjoy
it instead of
stressing it? maybe the baby`s got one, huh!
 pese
Msg: 237
Posted: 6/30/2006 1:21:13 AM
did you know that you are topless in your profilepicture?
hangin around steve too long, huh?
just kidding, screw the stinkin tincans
since women wont put out, lol.....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >