Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 103
How muscular do you like your guys?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Body builders are freakish and obsessed, a fetish of sorts.

I LOVE this kind of hate statement when it comes from the "few extra pounds" crowd.
Maybe we should start saying things like

"The people who overeat to the point they have a few extra pounds are freakish and obsessed, a fetish of sorts"

I bet there would be quite the outcry over THAT!
 sillyatheart3
Msg: 107
How muscular do you like your guys?
Posted: 6/21/2006 11:22:12 AM
Me, skinner then me.. ??? i will never know.. lol when you find a tooth pic that has a click. send him too me..
 redviking
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2006 1:29:49 PM
"OP...you are only 24, but your shirtless picture is not attractive for someone as young as you are. You have no muscle tone, and quite a big roll around your mid-section. I find it odd that you are asking this question...after reading how you want to bulk up. Is this your "before" picture, or what?"

I must've missed her shirtless picture. I'm sure there must've been one though, for her to feel she has a leg to stand on with that sort of comment. I mean, I'm sure she's got a totally flat stomach, lean thighs, and 36DDs, right?

who_the_fox
Msg: 109
Posted: 6/21/2006 1:40:38 PM
Okay, how about I repeat the comment about the OP?
OP...you are only 24, but your shirtless picture is not attractive for someone as young as you are. You have no muscle tone, and quite a big roll around your mid-section. I find it odd that you are asking this question...after reading how you want to bulk up. Is this your "before" picture, or what?"

I do indeed have " a totally flat stomach, lean thighs" but only 36Ds.....so I guess I am qualified to make snarky remarks about him! Especially since I also have larger muscles lol
 redviking
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 6:11:27 AM
Busty, yes. I don't mean that is the only factor or anything, but "ideal" to me is a full C or D. OF course there's way more to it- personality,intelligence, other physical features. BUt all else being equal...

Toned... nahh, I like women who look like women. Muscle definition on women tends to make them look a bit boyish and unfeminine to me. Don't get me wrong, I love a woman with enough muscle mass to be able to do some physical work for herself... not be fragile and dependent- but appearance-wise, firm yet soft and smooth is much more attractive than the "hardbody" or "knotty muscle" look.
 kamikazekate
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/22/2006 8:19:43 AM
redviking...you should not be making comments ABOUT MY PROFILE and a "few extra pounds" which is the TRUTH.

YOUR profile claims an "average" body type...let's be honest...average for a BIG & TALL shop, because your picture makes you look at least 80 pounds overweight.

as for the body building chick "who the fox" who commented on my few extra pounds...after swimming 1.5 miles every day for years, and cycling every day except on snowy days, I found myself with no pool this winter after moving, so I did gain a few. I've been a gym rat for 16 years, and in my forties and early fifties, I had many women in their 20's tell me they'd like to have a body like mine...not when they are my age, but right then, in their 20's. You don't have to look like a freak to be in great shape.

If I saw you in the gym, I'd come to the conclusion that your OVERLY MASCULINIZED FACE was the result of either steroid use or testosterone shots. A better screen name for you might be "what the f*ck"
 who_the_fox
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/22/2006 8:33:37 AM
You're not going to see me in the gym though, are you Honey?

You just proved my case perfectly. While people think it is just fine to be constantly slamming bodybuilders as being drug using freaks, the people who are not in shape certainly DO NOT like it if we say anything negative about them

Nice double standard!
 redviking
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 11:29:01 AM
"redviking...you should not be making comments ABOUT MY PROFILE and a "few extra pounds" which is the TRUTH. "

What the???

I wasn't criticizing you're body at all... just pointing out the irony of "a few extra"-type girl complaining that a guy with a pretty typical build is not muscular enough or trim enough to be attractive. For the record I actually kind of like a "few extra pounds" on a woman(not TOO many, but a few- read my last post). I just think it's laughable when women either don't work out at all, or do have a few extra pounds themselves, and yet they will criticize a guy for having a bit of a gut or not being bulked up. Just seems ironic to me.

"YOUR profile claims an "average" body type...let's be honest...average for a BIG & TALL shop, because your picture makes you look at least 80 pounds overweight."

5'9, 190 is hardly 80 lbs overweight for a guy! I'll admit I've got both a little more muscle and a little more "extra" than some guys- that's why I say average, because I'm neither very slim, totally ripped, nor a "teddy bear"...I'm... yes, more or less average! It's not like your "average" guy is a 5'9, 145-lb distance-runner type! If it makes you feel better, I'll admit I'd like to convert about 10-15 pounds of "extra" to muscle... which again is pretty much typical! I also find it ironic that you complain about the OP not being muscular enough, then say I'm "overweight". You're not leaving very much middle ground there!!! Nice personal attack though.

I think you got overly defensive here because you took what I said as an attack when it was really just an observation on the irony of your statement- you admitted you've got a few extra pounds, so what basis then do you have for putting the OP down for not being totally toned and bulked up?

Geez.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/25/2006 8:08:39 PM
Muscular guys are hot!!!

~*Flavia*~
 prof48
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/13/2006 7:42:13 PM
Recent report on NPR referred to research that suggests that successful body builders may have a genetic deficiency of myostatin. Mice with the myostatin gene removed bulk up into supermouse schwarzenegger (sp) type figures. No discussion yet of other effects of a myostatin deficiency.
 forum101
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2009 10:43:25 AM
Probably going to get bashed, but I see the bodybuilding muscles along the same line as too large breast implants. Sitting in a gym, going the same reps, over and over , hour after hour, seems silly to me. I believe in being healthy, having a normal body weight, maybe working out to keep muscle tone. But, some of you guys look like freaks,then add a too tight t-shirt, to show it off? It is just attention seeking, and not anyone I could take seriously. No, not for me.
I prefer the natural muscles that come from actual work. Construction, farming, that type. Where you actually accomplish something in the process and not just increasing your vanity.
 forum101
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 8:28:11 AM
I believe the question asked for my opinion. That is my opinion. I prefer natural muscles, to the gym ones. I do not think it does increase a mans desirability. I think it makes him look overstuffed. Kind of full of himself. Like a woman to huge breast implants. JMO
 forum101
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 9:09:32 AM
alpha, I dont thing this forum is about women's hair and makeup. It asked women's opinions on bodybuilders.
 forum101
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 9:08:34 PM
The forum is still about bodybuilding and women's thoughts about it. Did you not grasp that concept?
Alpha, How muscular do YOU like YOUR guys?????? I supose we could look at it from "another" angle.
 FL CO
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 10:05:53 PM

Well guess I'm just out of luck then. Curse my fast metabolism! And yes I do take care of myself...it just doesn't show

I'm in the same boat, but it shows that I take care of myself. I'm just not very big. One thing us skinny guys can do though is get a great set of abs.
 FL CO
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 10:17:56 PM

Fast metabolism doesn't mean JACK SH!T, take weight gainer (protein supplement), eat GOOD food, like steak chicken, vegies, pasta, fruit, beans, etc...

search online about how many grams of protein, fat, carbs and calories you need to intake for your specific weight to grow bigger..and most important LIFE BIG LIFT HEAVY...6 months you'll look like a new man

Actually it does. You can only take in so many calories in one day unless you just want to eat a bunch of junk food. I've taken weight gainer, eaten good, worked out with a personal trainer, and still didn't put on weight
 forum101
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:37:18 AM
Thank you so much.
 Jacquline5
Msg: 144
Posted: 4/17/2009 6:27:51 PM
Like John Cena....
 Dude74
Msg: 145
Posted: 4/18/2009 5:23:52 PM
 ççç™
Msg: 152
Posted: 4/30/2009 5:58:24 AM

I think the bigger guys are the less developed their intellects . They have to make up in the physical what they lack in the brain department??

oh yeah...good ol' bitter "dumb meat-head" argument...

The biggest and oldest known meat head Arnold the governor , a first generation immigrant who can't even speak proper English becomes the most paid movie star in history and then gets elected as the governor of CALIFORNIA....

He must a ReAl dumb to achieve all that in a life time...

Just ask yourself, what have you done with your life.....except maybe popping out kids (even animals do that) ....

Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 153
Posted: 4/30/2009 7:02:21 AM

I think the bigger guys are the less developed their intellects . They have to make up in the physical what they lack in the brain department??

Oh, please--I know enough stupid skinny men to stuff a shoebox. Same with obese guys--they certainly have no corner on the brain market.

Honestly, I like muscles and I like big men--not fat men. However, I have found many thin, average, and a bit overweight men attractive.
 mlt71
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/30/2009 7:35:08 AM
I was pass by this and I started reading this.

Some this ****es on POF kill me
they want a muscular guy but looking at they pics
they not in shape lol
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 155
Posted: 4/30/2009 9:20:50 AM

Some this ****es on POF kill me
they want a muscular guy but looking at they pics
they not in shape lol

Yeah, I laughed, too . . . it is like apparently stupid, semi-literate men who call women insulting names and still expect women to be attracted to them.
 clasact
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:37:05 PM
If he's muscular that's fine, it's not something that's a preference for me one way
or the other.

I'd be happy if he just didn't have a gut hanging over his belt.
 MissGuerra8123
Msg: 158
Posted: 5/8/2009 10:51:04 PM
I LIKE MUSCULAR GUYS. THEY R HOT BUT THEN I ALSO LIKE GUXS WITH A SIMPLE BODY AND A GOOD PERSONALITY.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >