Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aanarchist
Msg: 50
Cleansing diets?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Only water is a bad cleanse your body will eat itself. That's basically extended fasting and Fasting should be 24 hours at most to be a real benefit. A real liquid cleansing would be like juicing, where you drink fruit and vegetable juice made using a juicer and organic produce for I think it was 2 days to a week. Just like fasting it allows your digestive system a break on top of allowing it to clean itself up a bit. From what I heard from a person when he tried juicing and drank all his calories for a week he lost like 5 lbs of fat without reducing his calories.
 April1963
Msg: 51
Cleansing diets?
Posted: 11/27/2013 6:13:27 AM
From what I heard from a person when he tried juicing and drank all his calories for a week he lost like 5 lbs of fat without reducing his calories.

Yes, that can be a fact , because the person eliminates of its diet, salt, regular sugar and the fat completely, but to lose 5 pounds of fat in one week the person must be young, less than 30 years, because the metabolism.......

For cleaning the body, juices is the only way to start.If you want to lose weight, you should take 2 large glasses of prunes juice before starting the juice diet.
Remember not to leave your home for 24 hrs after you have taken the laxative (prune juice)...:-)
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Cleansing diets?
Posted: 12/9/2013 3:07:54 AM

but to lose 5 pounds of fat in one week the person must be young, less than 30 years, because the metabolism.......

^^^^^^^^Not true.

Your metabolism on the right food plan will go up.
Add exercise ( esp weight resistance training) and it goes up even more.

Why take a laxative? That's colon cleansing and can make your colon lazy.
Extra fiber sure, but not laxatives.
I would be much more concerned with candida over growth than blowing out my colon.
 April1963
Msg: 53
Cleansing diets?
Posted: 12/9/2013 2:39:50 PM

Your metabolism on the right food plan will go up.Add exercise ( esp weight resistance training) and it goes up even more.

Correct, but NOT to lose 5 pounds of FAT in a week for a person who has 30 years or more...Can be 5 pounds of WATER but NEVER FAT!

Why take a laxative? That's colon cleansing and can make your colon lazy.

Correct,But I wasn't talking about taking laxative everyday or week,I was saying to drink the prune juice just before the juice diet (meaning once)......Anyway,being there done that and it works!!!
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Cleansing diets?
Posted: 12/10/2013 3:55:17 AM

NOT to lose 5 pounds of FAT in a week for a person who has 30 years or more...Can be 5 pounds of WATER but NEVER FAT!

Is that another one of your "sexy body" facts you list?

You are wrong.

It has more to do with your starting weight/state of over weight/point of time you are in your weight loss stage/what you eat/drink than your age.
 aanarchist
Msg: 55
Cleansing diets?
Posted: 12/10/2013 10:38:35 AM
Hey april how about you stop bullsh!tting and maybe take the energy you spend trying to convince others that you are right and put it into getting off the couch and do some exercise. Something> nothing when it comes to weight loss, arguing about technicalities is usually done by those who have done nothing more than read books(magazines, ads, pamphlets) about health and fitness, never living or experiencing what they argue about.
 April1963
Msg: 56
Cleansing diets?
Posted: 12/10/2013 11:40:56 AM
^^^^
Okay "SWEETIE".......I see that you are "well experienced in the matter". I will try to get off the couch.Thanks for the advice...:-):-)

ETA:
I forgot to ask you,After I get off the couch,What kind of exercise should I do?
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Cleansing diets?
Posted: 12/14/2013 1:33:55 AM
The best exercise is to *exercise restraint* eating anything man has altered/sugars/grains/processed and packaged.
Simple but not always easy.
Followed by stretching or yoga to keep the arteries/muscles flexible, walking, weight resistance training
Aerobics or just dance and your feel good chemicals really come into play. It depends on fitness level and health condition/issues.
Most of us cant spend much more than 6 hours a week doing that and dont need to IF we eat right or have been very sedentary, work at a desk 8-10 hours .
If OBESE I wouldn't do anything but walk and stretch until you weigh less and def get a good check up first.
You could injure, put yourself in danger and get discouraged at lack of progress if you depend on a treadmill alone.

Actually getting up and down /up and dpwn off the * couch or a chair* is a great exercise.Can't use your hands.
Act like its a public toilet you dont want to sit all the way down on.

One thing people argue with me over (IRL) is that you cannot be healthy if you are obese.SORRY,
YOU CAN'T, I dont care if you CAN run 2 miles or bench press 300 pounds.
There so NO benign obesity.
This does not mean all slim people are healthy.
The cancer/cardiovascular risks are to high and inflammation attacks your body.
Your hormones are not normal.
Poly cystic ovary disease is much more common, infections and
yo- yo dieting is worse for your heart, gall bladder, stroke risks, muscle loss, stress than a slow steady weight loss plan and then maintain.

Your waist size is the most important factor in health risks, not your behind or thighs.
BMI can give you and idea of where you are ,but many have more muscle or less, so its not ideal.
Fat surrounds internal organs if the belly is big and you can still have pencil legs and normal fat elsewhere for example.I/R is usually the issue, foods you are intolerant to, addicted to that you are told are healthy.( whole grains).
Low fats "diets"

Measure your waist.Pinch your waist.
Sit ups don't fix that, food does.

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/10/26/belly-fat-health-dangers.aspx
 April1963
Msg: 58
Cleansing diets?
Posted: 12/14/2013 7:05:36 AM
LOL!!!
I'm not sure, why this forum (Health Wellness) makes me laugh...Hehe!
Sometimes it is more fun to read this one that the humor forum.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >