Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 damassteel
Msg: 989
view profile
History
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?Page 10 of 48    (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)
Many women consider me hot and I've always dated so called hot types. One really stunning Ethiopian woman I was dating was the type every man seemed to go nuts for, Chinese guys, white guys, black guys, latin guys, were all trying to get with her. It got tiresome after a while. she one reported to me that some guy came up to her asking for her number, she says to me"Doesn't he have a mirror? Can't he see I'm clearly out of his league???"that's when I thought to myself,"you arrogant little thing!"the next one after her was a very cute Russian woman; ended up being just as arrogant. Now I'm dating someone not classically beautiful, but attractive and very pleasant and definitely much sexier than all those others who were better looking. She's simpler, smarter, more agreeable and loving than any of the so called foxy girls could ever be; a real keeper if ever I met one. LOOKS ARE OVERRATED, trust me! the simple down to earth lady is best.
 Fifi47
Msg: 990
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?
Posted: 7/30/2009 8:50:10 AM
Short dumpy women are not hot? The poster who stated that needs to realize that all men do not find tall thin women attractive. I have dated several men who found me hot, and I am 5 feet tall and a rubenesque, plump woman. Guess why they found me hot? because I have a good attitude about liking people for who they are, not because of their appearance, I have a good personality, an unusual sense of humor, and a an attractive face (to the men who found me hot).
 TheReason_
Msg: 992
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 9:04:04 AM
So quit your whining, and do something to make yourself more than average. Go to the gym, change your wardrobe, get a personality. Find something or some reason that will make a hot woman think "hey what's with this guy, I want to know more"

Sometimes good enough, just isn't good enough.

Bring it.
 Fifi47
Msg: 993
Posted: 7/30/2009 9:06:39 AM
Duh? don't you think I have learned anything in my life of 51 years? How strange and condescending that last post was. Yes, I am well aware that my body type is not hot to most men. Most men also don't interest me.
 Fifi47
Msg: 997
Posted: 7/30/2009 9:33:22 AM
I find my enlightenment quite sad. It make me sad to see that middle aged men are still looking for Miss hot body, and even in middle age they seem to think that the status quo women are the only ones who make good romantic partners. I have accepted this fact a long time ago, and look for men in my very small pond of fish.
 jsphn11
Msg: 1001
Posted: 7/30/2009 12:46:24 PM

I think a woman... any smart woman would choose an excellent provider, over a really hot guy. <--- THIS says something.

That's nice for a change A lot of people on POF would say that the woman is a gold digger, men and women are equal now, and she should provide
 Fifi47
Msg: 1003
Posted: 7/30/2009 1:43:09 PM
Then my do middle aged men marry average looking women if they are not turned on by them? Some men do not see looks as the all consuming factor when they think about the entire package. These men seem to be rare, and I have met a few who actually said they married a certain woman because her quick wit and intelligence was such a turn on.
 sammylg
Msg: 1004
Posted: 7/30/2009 2:22:28 PM
"Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?"

Be careful what you wish for, it may come true.

This line reminds me of the nerd fantasy movies of the 1980's like "Weird Science" where the geek got the hot girl during the night.

It never explains that in the next day, the woman got to her senses and went back to the jock because she and the nerd had nothing in common and realized that he was just as shallow as all other men that go after her for her looks.
 minako79
Msg: 1006
Posted: 7/30/2009 8:23:47 PM
then why not the average guys give the average decent girls give a chance? forgot barbie dolls, you've got the real thing.
 craig14228
Msg: 1010
Posted: 7/31/2009 1:15:36 AM
hot girls will give average looking guys a chance if something makes them stand out. For about 3 months, i dated a girl who was WAY out of my league....she liked me because i made her laugh, and because she stated that Nerdiness was "in".....we had a great time....she looked like a model. When we were out together, most people didnt believe we were together, so guys would come right up and hit on her right in front of me. Usually, she would blow them off, unless we were running out of money, then we'd get a free drink out of him and tell him to buzz off....

those were the days.....
 cw35
Msg: 1011
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2009 8:27:22 AM
minako: Average girls are usually more attractive than the barbie type in a lot of ways. I'm not a very big barbie fan myself since they don't possess a lot of the traits I find attractive. I don't think you should worry about being average though because you look way above average to me.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 1015
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2009 10:52:30 AM
I am average looking - at best. I'm attracted to hot, intelligent, and kind women, but of course few were attracted to me! However, I don't need them all to be attracted, just one! And since I have more to offer than my questionable looks (IMO), I could usually find someone I considered "hot" who was also compatible in other ways.

As for the future: if I love someone, I'm not going to be bothered as their (and my) looks fade over time.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 1016
Posted: 7/31/2009 2:39:54 PM

However, ever notice that a person who uses the "shallow" card when they are rejected, never uses it on themselves when they
reject someone.

I'll admit it. I'm shallow as hell... because I can be. ;)

I attract enough women and I am patient enough that I will be able to find a girl with a sharp mind, a great personality, and a compatible outlook on life...

in a size 3 or 5. With killer looks and a cute style.

I don't date on POF. I meet girls everywhere I go. I am not a part of the whiney culture.

So sue me. ;)
 Fifi47
Msg: 1019
Posted: 7/31/2009 5:28:09 PM
They may have thought that you were a hot man, as handsomeness is in the eye of the beholder.
 Fifi47
Msg: 1021
Posted: 7/31/2009 7:17:23 PM
Some women do not base attractiveness only on a man's physical features.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 1022
Posted: 8/2/2009 2:40:13 AM
^^^ Most hot chicks do.

LOL

Well, to be fair, just like a man with a lot going for them, the physical attraction is just for starters.

As a rule, those with the most going for them can be the most picky, and want a package deal of looks, brains, personality, and standards of living.

That's just how the world works. Sorry.
 Fifi47
Msg: 1025
Posted: 8/2/2009 6:45:41 AM
solderfalcon8, I don't know why you think it is amusing to laugh at someone's comment when they do not agree with what the majority of the people that YOU might have met think. I know a lot of women who find average looking men to be wonderful, as long as the man have maturity, manners, intelligence, and other important traits to bring to the table. Some of these women would have been considered to be hot when they were younger, but at my age, they are totally turned off to any man who says he is looking for a "hot" woman, and if he is all about them being good looking and notices nothing more about them, they will not date him.
 jacob8088
Msg: 1030
Posted: 10/14/2009 7:44:21 PM
I would say don't take it personally. 85% of the women here wouldn't know a good thing if it hit them in the head. Personally I would think they would want a good guy but from experience it seems most don't know what they want and seem to pick guys that are least good for them. Its all just a big baffling world to me.....

^^^No shit, then again some of them probably wouldn't even notice a 10 inch ding dong if it was t hit them in the head too. When you say they seem to pick guys that are least good for them, Im assuming you mean the a**hole type. Yeah that seem's to be the new trend these days.

OP, you want to know why they never give anaverage looking guy a chance.That's becausesome of them have their heads up their stinkholes, still searching for their "Mr. right" in shining armor.
 Minau
Msg: 1031
Posted: 10/14/2009 10:57:54 PM
Quite a few of my hot friends married...average/below average guys...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1033
Posted: 10/15/2009 8:12:50 AM
I would say don't take it personally. 85% of the women here wouldn't know a good thing if it hit them in the head. Personally I would think they would want a good guy but from experience it seems most don't know what they want and seem to pick guys that are least good for them. Its all just a big baffling world to me.....

^^^No shit, then again some of them probably wouldn't even notice a 10 inch ding dong if it was t hit them in the head too. When you say they seem to pick guys that are least good for them, Im assuming you mean the a**hole type. Yeah that seem's to be the new trend these days.

OP, you want to know why they never give anaverage looking guy a chance.That's becausesome of them have their heads up their stinkholes, still searching for their "Mr. right" in shining armor.

And here we have it...some "nice" guys telling everyone what's wrong with women.

It's interesting to me that the women that "nice" guys berate are women that
they wouldn't have anything to do with anyway. So it appears that their anger
stems from the fact they are unsuccesful with the women they are interested in,
as even they aren't interested in them.
At some point you have to really throw out the whole "no one wants me because
I'm too nice" theory and look at yourself and figure out that maybe it is you...and
maybe it's not because you're "too nice".
I don't really know anyone that actively seeks out someone that is mean to them
or treats them badly. I seriously believe they see something in this person...and it
turns out they were wrong.
Maybe all the good guys need to figure out the vibes the "bad" guys are giving off
and follow suit?
 jacob8088
Msg: 1039
Posted: 10/15/2009 7:36:41 PM
And here we have it...some "nice" guys telling everyone what's wrong with women.

^^^lol, What a fr*ckin clueless idiot. Umm where in my post did I even mention that I was a nice guy? Are you even replying to the correct poster? Or do you just have reading comprehension problems?

And btw miss genius in my original comment, notice how I said "some" and not "all"?
 ladyc4
Msg: 1040
Posted: 10/15/2009 8:24:47 PM

Umm where in my post did I even mention that I was a nice guy?

Did you ever think that this could be part of your problem? You blame women for being clueless and not knowing a good thing when they see it. If you were having success in dating, or even if you weren't and didn't care, I doubt you'd be making these b*tchy posts all the time.
I think a lot of women know an unattractive man with a bad attitude when they see one. Regardless of how much said men b*tch about it. Hell, being single is better that being with an ugly guy( who thinks he's Gods'gift) who has the disposition of a fisher cat with heartburn.
Cindy O
 jacob8088
Msg: 1041
Posted: 10/15/2009 8:45:49 PM
^^^ I was just clarifying something with her since she was obviously confused. But of course you had to throw your two cents in here. I'm not directly blaming anybody for anything. And again let me REPEAT myself....I said SOME, not all.You know it's funny how you didn't respond to the other poster, that I replied to.

Now I don't know what b*thcy posts you referring to, considering the fact Im not the one that get's riled up over others comments. I would assume that if one think's that another person's posts comes across as b*tchy, or as how you put it....then I guess its safe to say that the other person found those posts offending in some sort of way...wouldn't you agree?

You know it never ceases to amaze me time and time again how some people always worry and b*tch about what others say. Worry about yourself lady, don't worry about what others think, or post for that matter.

p.s.Not once did I mention or say the word CLUELESS. Here's a tip...next time try to actually read a post more clearly, before you respond.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 1044
Posted: 10/15/2009 9:05:35 PM
You know what I'm tired of how people treat other people. There are A LOT of good people out there. Few people are what you would call 'unsightly' unless they have a physical defect or are extremely overweight etc. Listen..people are people. What separates the super hot from the average is of very very little significance other that visual appearance. We all still have essentially the same brains and bodies with the main difference being LOOKS (specifically facial features). Come on people, some ladies and guys need to start appreciating people more.

Stop this grass is greener shit....learn to appreciate what you have or what's around you. Quit being so shallow.
 ladyc4
Msg: 1045
Posted: 10/15/2009 9:17:29 PM

^^^lol, What a fr*ckin clueless idiot.

That was post 1039. You are shown as author. Do you have problems with your short term memory?
I've seen quite a number of your posts that complain about women and their methodology,whatever it may be, in choosing dating and relationship partners.
Pretty good, you can tell me not to worry about what others say, while you freqently post complaints about women's dating choices. If they aren't choosing you, might there be a reason that ISN'T all their fault?
Cindy O
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >