Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyc4
Msg: 1046
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?Page 11 of 48    (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)

but rather, finding someone who I feel, won't one day feel neglected or resentful because I can't entirely reciprocate their level of attention and devotion to me.

That's a very valid desire,but it requires a person who is very secure in themselves and does not require "measure for measure" reciprocated love all the time for validation. These kind of people don't exactly grow on trees, I know. Because that's exactly what I would like to find.
Cindy O
 TheReason_
Msg: 1047
view profile
History
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?
Posted: 10/15/2009 9:30:02 PM
Because from the sounds of it "average looking guys" are just to god damn whiny.

:facepalm:
 durandal26
Msg: 1048
Posted: 10/15/2009 9:55:41 PM
I haven't read the last 40 pages (debate over this is ridiculous, might as well ask why don't guys want to date fat women), but the reason is because people prefer to date people that are attractive.

If I could date an average guy or a hot guy, guess which I'd pick?

Unless I found that hot guys are all lacking in personality, in which case I'd be forced to date the average guy with a good personality. But of course saying "all hot guys have bad personality" is totally false and stupid.
 Gunn12fan
Msg: 1049
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2009 10:15:47 PM
I think it is because I am too ugly looking for any of the women here on POF I can send a message to one and i look a little bit later and it was deleated or gone unread.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 1050
Posted: 10/15/2009 10:21:38 PM

I think it is because I am too ugly looking for any of the women here on POF I can send a message to one and i look a little bit later and it was deleated or gone unread.

Have you considered growing you hair out somewhat and possibly a mustache and or trimmed beard? Also kinda know what kinda girls might be in to you. You gotta be proactive.
 Gunn12fan
Msg: 1051
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2009 10:31:01 PM
LOL well If i could grow my hair and have a beard I would be a happy guy! Due to work i can't have long hair and well I don't have enough hair on my face to even have a beard or mustashe
 girlwPriOriTies
Msg: 1052
Posted: 10/15/2009 10:40:14 PM

I see hot women with average looking men all the time. But I don't see the opposite much... Now when I think about it, I don't remember seeing a hot guy with an average girl...ever...hmmm insteresting...

good observation.

I feel that, as previously stated, the "hot" women with average or below looking men may be with that man for financial reasons. So why wouldn't the opposite be true? Why wouldn't a hot guy be with an average woman who is wealthy? The fact of life is that most men cannot get over the look factor...while, women, certainly can...
 Rarebird76
Msg: 1053
Posted: 10/15/2009 10:50:54 PM

LOL well If i could grow my hair and have a beard I would be a happy guy! Due to work i can't have long hair and well I don't have enough hair on my face to even have a beard or mustashe
Sorry man.....I didn't necessarily mean long hair but just 'longer'
 browneyesboo
Msg: 1056
Posted: 10/16/2009 7:22:00 AM

^^^lol, What a fr*ckin clueless idiot. Umm where in my post did I even mention that I was a nice guy? Are you even replying to the correct poster? Or do you just have reading comprehension problems?

And btw miss genius in my original comment, notice how I said "some" and not "all"?

Jeepers...you couldn't ask for better advertising than this.
 big pacific
Msg: 1060
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2009 11:30:56 AM
I dunno, i'm an average looking guy and have always been able to find an attractive partner. Why? I'm not afraid to ASK! Realistically that's what seperates, lots of people assume "hot" women get hit on all the time, truth is they get hit on LESS.

Plus, you know....i'm just awesome

Also, Best line from one of my favorite movies.

You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you.

-Silent Bob

Truer words were never spoken.
 Sunsation1
Msg: 1061
Posted: 10/16/2009 11:38:57 AM
"Hot men and women" are stuck on themselves, think very highly of themselves and not always, it is the only thing going for them.. Hot men and women that expect more then looks and have the intelligence to go with their looks understand that and seek for a more fulfilling experience...
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 1062
Posted: 10/16/2009 12:14:32 PM
girlwPriOriTies,

Why wouldn't a hot guy be with an average woman who is wealthy?

For a fling? Sure, if she's going to be a sugar-momma. But guys don't expect a lady to buy them stuff. Girls looking for sugar daddies will expect that some guys are like that. Culture difference.

The fact of life is that most men cannot get over the look factor...while, women, certainly can...

LOL! I completely disagree with you. Women are into looks JUST as much as men are. Studies have shown this. What people say they want differs from what they gravitate toward. For the long term, both are into personality a lot. When it comes to the foot in the door? LOOKS. When both aren't looking for an LTR? LOOKS LOOKS LOOKS.

That doesn't mean personality doesn't play a role. But for everyone, looks is a requirement. You don't know their personality beforehand, so which way you going to go? Better looking one, of course! When someone is really great looking and gives you that "sham wow" feeling, what you'd call personality flaws in someone else will be cute quirks in them. You become less picky.

Now don't get me wrong... many gals will take status & money to help compensate for looks (like that isn't superficial). And guys like status more than people believe, too. And there are desperate-to-be-a-desperate-housewife types out there who will take an average Joe in looks for good lifestyle cash.. and some women intimidated by looks, just as guys are... but excluding exceptions, it's looks being the strongest quality. Doesn't mean it's everything, but it's the strongest.
 startle
Msg: 1063
Posted: 10/16/2009 2:22:29 PM
when i first meet someone and i am not totally wowed by their looks i still hang around and see if they have a good personality...if their is something else there i can get into them for some other reason besides good looks...on the other hand, i have met men who i thought were nice looking but when they opened their mouth i was turned of by what came out of it ..so looks alone do not make the man...
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 1064
Posted: 10/16/2009 4:06:00 PM
I dunno.
I'll canvass those I know and get back to you.
 The Roxy
Msg: 1066
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2009 5:09:37 PM
I believe the song goes: "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. So, from my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you!"
 The Roxy
Msg: 1067
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2009 5:12:47 PM
BRAVO!!!!

VERY WELL SPOKEN!!
 mrcs84
Msg: 1073
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 3:29:50 PM

I didn't read all 41 pages, so I don't know if someone's come up with that possibility yet.

41 pages over the course of 4 years at that. That's some SUPER necro action right there.

My answer to the question is that women set their standards and refuse to settle...regardless of whether or not the fit the bill for the kind of guy they are looking for.

Just because he is worth her time, doesn't mean she is worth his.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 1074
Posted: 10/18/2009 10:16:58 PM
Enchanted Skies,

Looks are IT when you are younger, and when you get older you tend to focus more on other things (imho).

No, you're right. The older one gets, the more personality has a stronger force of attraction or repulsion. I used to think when we got older, our standards for looks went down, but actually, I think for the most part we want people we truly "click" with... and with too many people letting themselves go after their early 20s, one's perception eases too.

I go for what I feel is attractive to me.....and that's subjective.

Well, in terms of looks (not just picture-looks, but full animation looks), yes and no. There is an objective baseline in general, but yes, subjectivity is injected into it that smears it from being too universal. It's far and away not purely subjective when it comes to looks, it's an additive which for most people, isn't massively different. Personality? That's much much more of a subjective call that's going to vary more.

hot girls not giving a chance to an average looking guy?

In general, "hot girls" don't give chances to an average looking guy, if there are great looking guys in there eyes around. True, there's plenty of fish in the sea... where there will be that hot girl who's chord is struck by an otherwise average looking guy by 99% of the population, but that certain "look" or "swagger" (both visual) got her. Or if the guy "isn't bad looking", and she's gotten to know him a bit thru a circle of friends, and she's really picky and angry about most guys' persona but just loves his, sure, she'd take that up over a better looking guy that gives her a bad vibe like most others.

But all in all, looks is the dominant factor. A social hot girl who brings a lot to the table and isn't considerably unique from the rest is going to most likely to only take resumes from above-average to "hot" guys, and all other things considered generally equal -- the better looking guy gets picked much more often than not. It's just nature!
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 1076
Posted: 10/19/2009 5:55:18 PM
Here's a better question: why do so many guys--regardless of what they look like--think getting a "hot" woman is so freakin' important? Grow up.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 1079
Posted: 10/19/2009 8:19:16 PM

why do so many guys--regardless of what they look like--think getting a "hot" woman is so freakin' important? Grow up.

I hear ya on that... although if someone is curious about it (it should be common sense), that's alright... but if a guy's whining about it, then he's a moron. A guy aiming for "hot chicks only" or a feeling of a loss because he can't get a HOT chick, does need to grow up.

BUT, I think with about 95% of guys out there, if they make the best of their looks & personality, and aren't afraid of rejection, in the end, he could get a "hot" chick.

Although, usually when an average guy or girl is with someone who is HOT, many times there's a few red flags laying around that reveals WHY the hot one "settled".
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 1080
Posted: 10/20/2009 8:05:02 AM
Someone might have already said this (I might have said it in the far distant pass), but OP, why do average looking man care about hot looking girls? The turnabout question is why do hot looking men not pursue average looking women?

The answer is so obvious you would trip on it if it were laying on a staircase.

Average men who worry about good-looking women are hypocrites because it means they bypass average looking women based on: their looks.

And it is also a stereotype--I date average looking men and man, I'm hot! (Evil grin.)
 JCBoston69
Msg: 1088
Posted: 11/7/2009 2:07:21 AM
OP must have confidence issues...I've dated TONS of really hot women...even married a couple, lol.
 JCBoston69
Msg: 1090
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 11/7/2009 11:13:32 AM
though men who are secure in themselves will not judge anyone by "looks" and enjoy in the moment with a particular individual.

That's not true at all. It totally depends on the circumstances.

If I'm in a situation where I'm working with or are somehow otherwise in close social proximity to a woman who is nice but not what I would consider terribly attractive, then I might find myself liking her and decide to date her.

However, if it's a woman I don't know at all, i.e. online dating, someone I just run into in public, etc., and I don't find her physically attractive, there's no way in hell I'm dating her. If I don't know for a fact that there's another reason to date her, then I wouldn't even try.

There's no reason to lower my standards just because I'm "secure in myself." Your comment was only a back-handed way of insulting men who have looks requirements for getting to know someone they otherwise would have no reason to get to know.
 TheReason_
Msg: 1092
view profile
History
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 11/7/2009 3:04:34 PM
Why do average guys complain about hot girls not being interested in them?

I think it's because they are too whiney
 JCBoston69
Msg: 1095
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 11/7/2009 9:09:08 PM

In my experience, it's the exact opposite. Ugly outside, ugly inside.

I've had a few experiences with very hot on the outside, very ugly on the inside. As soon as I see that nature, she's gone. For me, a woman needs to be beautiful on the outside AND the inside.

Ugly chick will hold it inside... keep it trapped.... And believe me you don't want to be around when she starts to puke that anger ....

Thanks for not mentioning names
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >