Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Winebuddy
Msg: 222
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?Page 3 of 48    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Homer96 you nailed it! I'll toast that, cheers! Interesting how this man handles rejection ... tries shifting it to the women, lol.
 aventurero
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?
Posted: 10/31/2006 8:15:00 PM
I dunno about that...what is considered hot is different from person to person, but I am average yet I have had chances. If that's all you're looking for, its all in your attitude and your ability to throw a bunch of hail mary passes.
 lucilou
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2006 9:33:28 PM
Good gracious!!! I guess I am not "hot" I havent found any hot guys yet lol. Its not the looks its the attitude and knowledge I am looking for, the most important thing is chemistry and with personality. Again one have to meet a person first before one can say they are hot. Its all about attraction and chemistry.
 junipermoon
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2006 4:47:43 AM
i always dated beautiful men, and always got treated like crap.

so, a few years ago, i decided to enter a relationship with an average-looking man. well...guess what...i still got treated like crap.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 229
Posted: 11/1/2006 8:39:56 AM
I wanna say something else. Things must be rough out there if a guy like Yah Roo Giddy Up is having trouble. Man, he looks like Mr. Universe.

Goes to show two things. We can't always tell who will get all the breaks and who won't - it's definitely a toss up. AND

From what I have read of his posts, Australia is not a good place to live if you want to date someone who's grounded. I think he needs to move. I just read his description of what women do in clubs and that clinched it.

OT: I need not look beyond myself to learn this - some men think I am a runway model (yes I know they certainly need their eye prescription checked - it's kind of silly) and some think I am an ugly troll (who knows, that may be a bit extreme as well). So demand has nothing to do with it - I think most people have a mostly split audience, with some blended response.

OP: Some people will think you are out of their league, some will think they are settling if they have to talk to you. There's no way to measure all that. BUT if the women YOU like are not responding 90% of the time, either stick with the 10% who do, or see if your attitude and vibe are your problem.
 studplayrico
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2006 5:12:50 AM
I'll treat you right. I'm just playing with you.
 studplayrico
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2006 5:16:37 AM
You are right about that, it's just funny when guys cry about being rejected from HOt girls. I mean, crab, there's thousands of other girls waiting for them and get rejected problably from them, so what goes around comes around. Be a great salesman of yourself, and stop crying.
That's what say to them.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 238
Posted: 11/6/2006 7:00:35 AM
And yeah, if "hot" women should give "average" looking men a chance why don't you "average" guys go after your fellow "average" women? If looks don't matter that much that shouldn't be a problem for ya.

Good point, Angelab.

Guys, if going after looks is so shallow, how come all of you are single? If you dated everyone who ever had an interest in you regardless of looks, then there wouldn't be many of you left to ask this question. Why don't you all date what you consider to be "average" or "below average" women or whatever you think the women are that you aren't paying attention to and tell us how that works for you - why do you think you should have hot women only?

I'm so done with the "all women want nothing but looks" remark. OF COURSE we are all gonna like who we like, and who is hot to us. That's out of our control, and it changes depending on the woman. Knock it off.

Added: The post below mine is an example of this. Admits to the fact that hot and average are relative terms, and then knocks women for going after looks. Total contradiction. And by the way, do you guys really want the women who are after money? You should hope they find it elsewhere, you are better off. If they dated you, then you'd complain that you couldn't afford them.
 justlooking957
Msg: 250
Posted: 11/6/2006 4:28:53 PM
nature is why....but since we are not a lower form of animal, it can be overcome
 eduhbuhl
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2006 9:38:33 PM
Of course good looking girls go out with 'average' looking guys.

I've even seen good looking girls go out with absolute toads!

visa versa too..
 quietstorm8
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2006 3:56:58 AM
"hot" isnt so easy to define,,,
what u call hot is no doubt what the conventional 'first glance'
would tell our five senses

i'v met plenty of women who are only ok lookin at first glance, and from
their personality,sensuality and from some inner energy
force radiating out once i got to know them they were incredibly beautiful.

once i had a relationship with a model;i was a pretty good looking guy but
next to her most would say i was only average.
at some point i asked her why the interest in me,she said i had an ancient look in my eyes, like
i knew many things and i knew life.
,,,,,dont give up some hot women do look for qualities in a guy
other than what his skin looks like
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 261
Posted: 12/8/2006 7:42:22 AM
Basically you "average looking" men asking why hot women won't give them the time of day can first turn around and answer the "average looking" women that might see you as hot the same freaking question. Why don't you "average looking" guys date what you consider to be average or less than in women? There's no difference...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 263
Posted: 12/8/2006 8:11:34 AM
It's a trick question. We are all average to someone...that'll never change. We are hot to someone, and ugly as sin to someone else. And all that "hot women know they are hot" stuff is crap. If someone thinks they are hot, you are an idiot for pursuing them and putting your self worth into someone that one dimensional. Some people really think they are above average, and those people have too much ego to actually be dating material. So who cares who they won't talk to?

Fox: I have been really craving a good Vermont sharp cheddar, like Cabot. You got any? Ahahaha
 who_the_fox
Msg: 264
Posted: 12/8/2006 8:13:25 AM
oldschoolqueen said it all

all I can add is

Someone should start providing cheese to go with all this whine.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2006 6:43:44 PM
I've seen "hot" women with unattractive men, and "hot" guys with unattractive women. Haven't we all? Sure it's not a rule that only the hot people can date/marry each other, or maybe just in the OP's world. It's just a pathetic plea for attention from an average looking guy who can't get the attention from the hot girls. Nothing more, nothing less.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2006 7:02:48 PM
"it is true that women place more value on a man's other attributes but which attributes are these? Well, they are a man's wealth and power. That doesn't make a woman any less shallow than a man who places undue importance on a woman's looks." What you say is very true, I totally agree. For either gender to base their selection of a lifetime partner on either criteria is almost sure to have an unhappy and unfulfilled relationship. People are much more than their looks, their status or bank account. For those who've had long, successful relationships, their choosing of their partner was based on something else altogether.
 gentlyplease
Msg: 278
Posted: 12/9/2006 9:53:35 PM
Why do hot guys never give a chance to average looking girls? Guys can be shallow, too.
 South African Aussie
Msg: 280
Posted: 12/10/2006 12:05:33 AM
i can ask u the same thing here why dont good looking guys give us average looking girls a go?

gentlyplease
Msg: 283
Posted: 12/10/2006 7:04:52 AM
actually, I think guys can be too good looking...perfection is not something I would want...and since I am average, at least I know if someone likes me, it's for me...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 285
Posted: 12/10/2006 8:06:27 AM

And women say that they are not visual..........THAT'S A LOT OF B.S.!!!!!!!!

Of course it is..what woman said they weren't? We all are. We want looks and substance.
 casunshine
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2006 10:30:26 AM
I would have to say that personality is very important. If you can have a nice flowing converstation on many subjects. You have to be able to keep thier interest.
I get alot of comments saying that I am Hot I really don't think I am. But if I am I try to say hello or answer emails to see what the guy is about.

It is true that should be something that physically attracts you and visa versa. It could be a smile or personality that lights up a room...

You just have to talk to them first and get to know them....

Can't judge a book by its cover..........If you do you will miss out of knowing someone wonderful....
Good Luck
CaSunshine
 A Special Lady
Msg: 293
Posted: 12/10/2006 10:47:35 AM
HAVE YOU EVER???????? ASK OUT A "AVERAGE" LOOKING GIRL ????????????? I LOVE YOUR ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS HEAR IT FROM THE "REAL" MEN!!!!!!!! HAVE YOUUUUUUUUUU ?????????? I BET THE ANSWER IS "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo" FAYE
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 299
Posted: 12/10/2006 7:33:38 PM

Too many times have women passed me up because I was just "Not attractive enough" yet they say they enjoyed the time out with me, had a laugh, felt comfortable but because I did not cut it in what they look for in looks, I am just not good enough to shine with a personality.
Looks first THEN substance is what they want. Ya I know so do men which is bound to be the comeback.
Just because I may not have a headful of thick black hair, 6-pack abs, and baby blue eyes does not mean I am not worth the time to be with. But unless you got them great looking eyes, that up to date wardrobe, nice shoes and pretty fit with a heasful of hair, you just will find it harder no matter if the women are average or hot...is life and is what us men have no choice but to accept.

Looks can come first, in the middle or at the end of the list...doesn't matter. Still has to be there for each individual.

It's not "attractive enough", its attraction period. Someone can enjoy hanging out with you, be comfortable and have laughs without any physical attraction. My personal comeback is hell yeah we want looks to our personal preference in addition to everything else.

And I don't buy it when the phrase "What one finds unattractive another will find attractive" because most times the majority of women today are attrcted to the same things about a man.

Not true. Some want blondes, some want tall men with a few pounds on them, some want Latin men, some want black men, some want something else, etc etc. There is no freaking one guy out there that we all want. Sorry but it's true....every woman is different, and they are attracted to what they are attracted to. I know this personally, what I like my friends wouldn't even notice and vice versa...out of about four of us, we all like dramatically different men to the point where we ask frequently how blind each one of us is based on what we like.
 starkat52
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2006 9:36:20 PM
I would like to reverse the subject why do nice looking men never give a chance to the average looking woman...They want a barbie type woman and and the average woman never stands a chance because all the nice looking men want to have a fantasy woman
 starkat52
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2006 9:39:42 PM
I totaly agree with the cant judge a book by its cover theory I say this all the time to the men that do not want to take the time to know how I am...I certainly think men can be very shallow on what they want in looks and do not want to take the time to know the average woman and how she is..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >