Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LaDBug
Msg: 1226
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?Page 31 of 48    (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)
I've dated "average" (whatever that means) looking guys with average incomes who are amazing in many ways and I have dated gorgeous men who were shallow. I don't think it's fair to throw stones at us "hot" girls. We are not all shallow. I think that there are just shallow people and that includes average looking guys. Perhaps it is you who is not giving the hot girls a fair shake and the fact that you are bitter is probably evident.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 1227
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?
Posted: 6/10/2011 5:55:34 PM

I don't think it's fair to throw stones at us "hot" girls.

...But then HOT is quite subjective now, isn't it?
 GreenEyedSusan1
Msg: 1228
Posted: 6/10/2011 9:38:28 PM
In your case, jco415... yes.
 gengen2
Msg: 1229
Posted: 6/10/2011 9:59:57 PM
because when a person is online, all we really have to go off of are pictures. i read a lot of profiles, even of some guys i'm not attracted to, just out of curiosity... but won't message the guy because I'm just not attracted. However, if i met an average guy out in public by chance, and we got to talking he could win me over with his personality and charm..... BUT the chemistry and attraction still must be there. when i meet someone, the question i ask myself (as to whether i want to see the guy again or not) is, "can i imagine getting it on with this guy?" ... if the answer is no, then i don't want another date. Cause if it gets to the point where i marry a dude and we are hating each other, i want to still look at him and feel attracted. looks aren't everything, no.... but it IS important.

Another reason: i work hard to look good, i work out 5 days a week, eat vegetables that i don't particularly enjoy eating, i make the time and effort to have a beautiful, sexy looking body. So of course i expect the same in a prospective mate. Plus, working out and health/fitness is an interest of mine, a way of life... so someone who shares that interest attracts me even more to them.

Another reason: Genetics. Beauty and intelligence are genetic. I want more kids and am genetically programmed to choose the better looking guy, the stronger guy, the smarter guy, the more successful guy.... it is human nature. Just like men are programmed to choose the most beautiful woman with child bearing hips, who looks fertile. It's nature. That coupled with pheromones is how we choose mates. Nowadays, since there are so many choices for everybody and women can make their own money.... women can be even more picky about our mates.

i'll just stop here.
 Penpal46
Msg: 1230
Posted: 6/11/2011 6:11:36 PM
How about because "average" guys don't have the confidence. I've had men tell me they would Never ask me out because they would be too scared to be turned down!

Really guys? News flash! Hot women sit alone too. We get rejected too. And we have feelings too. "Nothing ventured nothing gained " You understand that right?
 DoubleParked
Msg: 1231
Posted: 6/11/2011 6:21:54 PM
Exactly right! ^^^Why don't those 'average joes' give us hot women a second glance? Man up, you never know who might say YES!
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 1232
Posted: 7/21/2011 7:12:11 AM
Chitownguy40

I couldnt have said it better. Wow they shop for women like they do shirts. All they are really worried about is what is on the outside and rarely if ever what is going on inside of the woman. Why not pick a woman not because of her looks but because she is a nice girl???? Grow up. I have had men in their 50's and 60's tell me how a 20 minute conversation about a good looking person's is a compliment and a good thing. Most likely she looked at you and decided you guys have nothing in common so why waste your time and her's??? Come on stop with the high school antics and be a adult. PS also she know you are just using her for looks and it will end badly.
 Darkbutcomely
Msg: 1233
Posted: 7/21/2011 7:14:17 AM

studies show that relationships where the woman is more attractive and more intelligent than the man, are also the happiest relationships.

Can you please paste those studies?? Because I have read that men who seek very pretty women tend to be narcissistic regardless of their own looks.
 ohenryx
Msg: 1234
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2011 8:32:43 AM

I don't think it's fair to throw stones at us "hot" girls.

...But then HOT is quite subjective now, isn't it?

Thanks for expressing that, JCO. I was trying to figure out a way to say exactly that without coming off sounding like a complete a**, and you hit the nail on the head.
 MsSookieStackhouse
Msg: 1235
Posted: 7/21/2011 8:35:09 AM

We get rejected too. And we have feelings too.

This is so true. My messages go unresponded to just as much as men's do.

And "hotness" & "Average-ness" really are in the eyes of the beholder
 johnnyj218
Msg: 1236
Posted: 7/21/2011 12:44:10 PM
It's funny how many of you women keep saying "Us hot girls" lol. Well, they say the less attractive have to make up for it with high self-esteem, so good for you!
 _shakti_
Msg: 1239
Posted: 7/21/2011 4:09:32 PM
Johnny:
It's funny how many of you women keep saying "Us hot girls" lol. Well, they say the less attractive have to make up for it with high self-esteem, so good for you!
Hahaha, ouch! lol..

47 pages, wow.

One of my good friends, a rather beautiful girl, married a man that I thought was not very physically attractive at all, but she thought he was of God status!

I've dated men who others would comment about, 'why are you dating him?' based on his looks, and I've danced with men that others thought were not attractive and had them actually comment about it, look at me like I'm strange. To be honest, I don't get this whole 'league' thing. The 'attractive scale' thing where you are supposed to stick to your own or something.

I'm not interested in what I term 'looks oriented' people, and that one cuts both ways.
 pointoffact
Msg: 1240
Posted: 7/21/2011 4:56:00 PM
It's hard to tell if people are joking sometimes. If they're serious it's obvious what some women think is a "hot woman" is vastly different than mine.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 1241
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:17:56 PM
Of course Pamela Anderson is a bleached blonde with implants.....It is rather sad that men seem to prefer a plastic unreal image at least when young and immature. Of course women like Pamela and Dolly Parton trade on that and have created the ideal look and have been very successful. So no, they are no dumb blonde.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 1242
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:19:20 PM
Yes women tend to feel stick insects with implants are "hot"" but that is not every man's ideal as I have found out.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 1243
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:21:23 PM
The reason that hot girls dont go for the only average guy is the same reason you want a hot girl rather than average. Think about that one!!

Mind you an average guy who is successful and has personality, intelligence and is confident and kind can win a hot woman anytime.
 morta1ez
Msg: 1246
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:40:53 PM
is anyone who has lived on this planet long enough to reach legal smoking age, really surprised that beautiful women and rich men can write their own check in this world?
A hot chic can be a waitress and date a lawyer or a doctor, not the same for a man even if he looks like he should be on the cover of a romance novel. And a rich guy who looks like jiminy Glick can be at the club with a girl on his arm that looks like he shook a playboy and a centerfold fell out.

Like the rock once said "know your role"
 morta1ez
Msg: 1248
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 10:26:36 PM

I have dated many of these so called hot women. I'm a good looking dude, not outta my league. Are they true blue heck I wanna have a relationship type? Nope. Looks are just part of the package, cute face is a must. I don't need a trophy, just someone that is my equal. I'm looking for a sweetheart.. A good one for me...

No offense man but

Not saying you are an ugly dude or anything but your not exactly what they will be casting in some future CW drama, not saying I would either(even with the extra point added for being 6ft5) but there are 2 standards of beauty/hansom, they kind thats personal taste and the kind that's universal, the the universal types end up as leads on CW dramas and the personal taste types play their friends/ cousins and boss's.
 morta1ez
Msg: 1252
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:16:16 AM
From those that like my physical type my pics do just fine. and though my attraction ratio is not 100% like yours , I never had a problem meeting women or getting dates or even relationships for that matter, I work out, I've lost 115lbs with in 2 years of my divorce(only took me 4 months), oh and I dont like fake photos, from women so I wont do fake photos myself.

My hatred on the dating scene is all the women who CLAIM to want LTR but want to still act single once a relationship starts. Too many in this world have no idea how to conduct themselves while in a relationship.
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 1253
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:07:58 AM
I heard on the radio that average looking men make for being better in marriages or LTR's than their tall, dark and handsome counter parts.

But yeah, LadBug, you'd be surprised how many average looking people that desire the BEST in physical. Kinda blows my mind. I have dated mostly average looking women, but I have gone out with a couple of knock outs ( at least in my eyes).
 Lauraann64
Msg: 1255
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:26:16 AM
Because they are judging u by how u look, kinda like u are judging them. Sounds like u want a women to accept you for yourself but only want a woman thats "hotter"than u r.. The question I have is if u r "average looking" why aren't u looking for an average looking woman. After all I'd know better than to think I'd have a shot with Brad Pitt . Sorry but u sound a bit hypercritical to me
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 1257
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:02:02 AM
Average-looking would be an upgrade for me!!
What are you complaining about?
 mateo45
Msg: 1258
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2011 9:21:56 AM

Here's a better question: why do so many guys--regardless of what they look like--think getting a "hot" woman is so freakin' important? Grow up.

Well, at least it makes more sense than women who deliberately choose "bad boys"! ;-p
 ChiliPequin
Msg: 1259
Posted: 7/23/2011 10:19:04 AM
In general, "hot girls" don't give chances to an average looking guy, if there are great looking guys in there eyes around.

I am not going to try to estimate my "hotness." I will say that I will go out on a date with any guy, if he is nice and fits a reasonable standard. By "reasonable," I mean the basics. Are you gainfully employed or making a good attempt to be? Do you show pride in yourself and appearance without being arrogant? Hey, in our 40s, most of us have a couple extra pounds, so I don't discriminate as long as it's not a few hundred extra pounds. Are you intelligent and appear sane? Do you have room in your life for someone else and make the attempt to relate? Are you really single? In other words, no ex-wife clinging on and creating drama, no current wife or girlfriend, and you're actively available for another person.

I have dated extremely attractive men who became ugly in my eyes, because of their attitudes or how they treated me/others. Conversely, I have dated "average" and men who are not considered conventionally attractive who were nice guys who offered me more self-wise than a pretty face would.

Give me the nice "average Joe" over the rockstar. I dated "bad boys" and flashy men when I was a teenager and in my early 20s. When I was a girl. But I'm a woman now and no longer have time or energy for that noise.
 jasonsgt
Msg: 1261
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:17:53 PM
Damn such a simple question has garnered 48 pages of replies.

Answer: Because they know their looks can get them the hottest guy they want.

Thread closed ****es!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >