Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cedar77
Msg: 501
view profile
History
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?Page 4 of 48    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I guess this old saying comes to mind.... "when the fox could not get the grapes, he claimed that they were sour"!!!!!

^ that's a great old saying ....don't ruin it by misuse.

I think the point is that on the internet even the not so sweet grapes are often very unrealistic and unfortunately that makes thing's just a bit pathetic for everyone.
...and "beautiful women" a very few and far between.
 faithnoman
Msg: 542
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?
Posted: 3/6/2007 6:01:50 AM
"hot= victoria's secret model

the girl is clearly far from one."

Hey, you're not THAT bad looking, lol

Come on, you don't think that you come off as arrogant and conceited? Some people were younger at some point in time, and can chalk up more useful information to experience than you might be able to, young grasshopper.
 carissima
Msg: 543
Posted: 3/6/2007 6:26:24 AM
For the same reasons a "HOT GUY" would never give an "AVERAGE LOOKING GIRL" a chance...
It's called being shallow (most of the time)

As much as everyone goes on and on about how important humour, sensitivity, and intelligence are: you know the famous... "it's what's on the inside that counts most" to some of "THESE" kinds of people (male OR female) it just doesn't matter what's on the inside, because what's on the outside must prevail MORE SO!!!!!

Sad but absolutely true folks!!! YOU KNOW IT & I KNOW IT!!!
 Wild Heart
Msg: 550
Posted: 3/6/2007 7:51:21 AM

Yeah right. Next you are going to be telling us that women aren't visual. Well, just like men women are visual. If you don't pass the visual test for them the rest will never come into play.

Yep, I gotta agree with this statement, most people online base their first impression on that photo......Prior to this, there were phone dating lines - I met my ex-fiancee that way so looks didn't play into it at all when we met. Before the online photo thing, we did not know different and we were more open.

We are visual creatures and I accept that. I mean, I like to look at an attractive person, whether they be male of female. Beauty attracts the eye, right?

So, while I say I have not based my opinions on looks, I find I do so more now because the option is there. I am not going to lie and say I don't consider the way someone looks of importance. I have dated so-called hotties and most had all the bad traits, but that's not to say that there are not hotties out there who are down to earth.

I do find however that most men go for the body more and women will go for the face more. This however again does not apply to everyone.

What I think most people here look for is something about the person's physicality and profile combined that attracts them. That does not mean the person has to be hot, but rather that the other person finds them somewhat attractive and of interest. For example, you might like someone's eyes, but not care for their nose, but if the eyes hold enough interest for you, well the nose doesn't seem to matter so much, and it eventually becomes a part of the person you love.

What is great now about these sites, are the events. You can actually see in person what someone looks like. Some of us look so much better in person and I guess some may look worse. But a photo only tells so much.

Time and time again I see men going for the so-called "hot" chick only to realize there is no substance there, and then they realize the attractive girl is really the hot one after all. And women are guilty of this too. I am not interested in someone who is on 500 trillion favourites lists and has pics of them in their skivvies, yet claiming they want long term and then they message women who have kinky profiles up - uh huh lol.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 556
Posted: 3/6/2007 8:04:04 AM
Women do not base decisions on who to date by looks. They go by what they hear, how they are treated, and what kind of relationship they think they might have. Women are big into security, and why shouldn't they be?

Sure, but before they get into all that, first they want to be attracted to the guy. So yes, they do base their decision on looks. However they don't base it on ONLY looks. And yes, women are visual, as I just posted in another thread. Quite frankly, until we know a guy for more than 10 minutes, the appearance is all we've got to go by. If we're not attracted, that's pretty much where it ends. And men are the same way, as they should be.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 560
Posted: 3/6/2007 9:34:58 AM
While I don't condone someone putting down someone else, I do agree that it's not self esteem that makes you claim you're hot, it's a huge ego. There's something to be said for modesty, and knowing realistically that no one is hot to everyone. We all have fans and critics.

To be honest, anytime anyone answers a thread asking about attractive, hot, smart, or nice people with a story about themselves, I find it kind of interesting that they thought they were being asked directly. There's a difference between confidence and conceit.

Those are all qualities that we hope others will see in us, but we don't go around informing people we possess.

And yes, I know I am no big deal - if others find me that way, that's their opinion.
 snow509
Msg: 562
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2007 9:48:54 AM
basically it may boil down to a law of nature. Don't take this personally but most women tend to want something they usually cannot get. Best bet is to stay in your league; average girls are much harder to get than pretty gals; especially in the usa. That little ugly girl with a cute figure is probably getting hit on twice-fold than a cute girl. Bottom line, stay in your league you'll have more success.....if your an avg guy shoot for an average girl.......
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 603
Posted: 3/7/2007 10:21:20 AM
I have a rule: I do not date or generally have anything to do with men who ask for pics in their first contact. If they are that concerned about looks they are too shallow for me.

You know every time I see this I view it in the context of real life; a person walking around with a big potato sack over them so no one can see them, and then getting upset and calling people shallow for asking that person to take off the potato sack so they can chat. Kinda silly, don't ya think?

If everyone you ran into in the course of the day had no face, would it frustrate you? If so, would that make you shallow? We have sight for a reason.

^^^It is different though for women wanting to see your pic before chatting to a guy. Seems a double standard again.
Women are just as visual as men, if a woman does not find the guy attractive enough to talk to, she will not even converse with him but give him a hint or be abrupt and say 'Not interested" and 9 times out of 10 it is always based on looks for everyone's initial response.

It's no different at all. If I didn't have a pic, and someone asked for one it would make sense, this is a dating site not a blind dating site...people want to see who they are talking to. Not posting publicly I understand, but not sending a pic with an e-mail makes no sense.

If you have no picture and don't think you should provide one, then only e-mail people with no pic as well, that way you know they'll be fair about it. You don't want to be mistaken for shallow by e-mailing someone because you saw their picture, do you?
 michaels in orlando
Msg: 604
Posted: 3/7/2007 10:29:54 AM
well if u feel u are average do u give below average looking chicks a chance. honestly i think this is the most rediculous question ive heard
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 623
Posted: 3/8/2007 4:05:52 AM

Because women are shallow and base everything on looks. If they were more like us guys then they would see the inside of the person and not the shell.

Oh, absolutely - all men are walking around looking for women's insides but I doubt it's in the same way you're describing, LMAO.

Sigh...that post was a great start to my day...total BS and very entertaining, thanks for the laugh!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 630
Posted: 3/8/2007 11:33:11 AM

IMHO there aren't really any hot women here. Eastern Europe, on the other hand, is a different story. The lack of really good looking girls is frustrating here.

What total irony. That's awesome. LOL
 ~breathlesshush~
Msg: 631
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2007 12:32:53 PM
Bill, I think I love you ...

Smokingshell, your posts are very well thought out and insightful ...

Calgarytek, clearly you are a fan of Eastern Europe, which is fine. But saying things like "The lack of really good looking girls here is frustrating" isn't going to get you a date any time soon. Unless you happen to find the elusive Eastern European girl who likes one as rude as you...

Seriously, who do you think you are?? And the whole maturity thing, wow. Get over yourself buddy. Hopefully those judging you by your looks are more forgiving than you are...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 649
Posted: 3/11/2007 9:47:17 AM

dude it's unfortunate but a reality....hot women look for hot men for their "genes" and potential mate....

Like livestock? LOL
 cotter
Msg: 676
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2007 11:12:23 AM
LMAO

Why is it that "hot" men never give a "plain Jane" a second look? It's a two-way street ... right?

If you want a "Pamela Anderson" then you better be prepared to put up with all the drama that goes with such "hotness" as well. A lot of men want a real "hot" babe (arm charm) but then can't handle it. They get jealous at the drop of a hat if any other guy looks at her.

OR

Even worse, if she just stops to say "Hi" to an old friend, they get so freaked out with their insecurity, they go off the deep end. I've seen it before ... they turn into control freaks ... they have to know exactly where she is and what she's doing 24 / 7.

Don't misunderstand me here ... I've seen women do the same with men who are very good looking. They don't want to let them out of their sight long enough to go take a leak. It's crazy.

Personally, I want a man with character and ethics ... but I also want to be physically attracted to him. I believe I can find that without having to go for the "Clark Gable" types.

I'm not saying this is true for all good-looking men, but I have found that the men who fall into the "good-looking" or "quite handsome" category ... generally are the ones who can't seem to keep their hands out of the "cookie jar". They know they are attractive and they enjoy the attention they get from all the ladies. They seem to have problems with monogamous relationships. I generally steer clear of them ... I don't need that kind of melodrama in my life.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 683
Posted: 7/28/2007 12:34:16 PM
Because they don't have to.
 littlelired
Msg: 684
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2007 4:38:34 PM
whoooo dammn yadayada yada

Im concidered the hot mom in the neighborhood do i think of myself as hot?? No was I an ungly duckling in school...Heck no I was miss teen of new york the year i graduated high school, ....and I have a nursing degree .

I personally prefer to date average to not perfect looking people...why?? becasue even those of us that have been blessed with ooutside beauty have inner insecurities....I personally like NICE men...men that can make me laugh....men that remember that I AM MORE THAN A PRETTY face.. I look to the inner person before the outer person..

In regard to a Hot girl just wanting someone to be one their shoulder let me enlighten you to this little tidbit.....I will walk in to anyplace as long as i am escourted...doesnt matter if it is my girlfriend or a guy friend...I do not walk in inattached because HOT GIRLS get bothered and smothered and believe it or not it is scary! and being all of 5 foot in heels its pretty darned intimidating otu there....

one red hot momma!!!
 brucem101
Msg: 686
Posted: 7/28/2007 9:25:02 PM
are you kidding? becacuse they are ass holes!
 dpd22
Msg: 695
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 7/29/2007 9:00:00 AM
To answer the question, some great looking women will go out with an average guy if he has a great personality. Others wouldn't unless he is rich. On POF, it seems like there are also many AVERAGE looking people who will turn another average looking person they could be compatible with because they only go after great looking people.
 goodbyegirl3031
Msg: 697
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2007 8:41:07 PM
same reason why a good looking guy won't give a bigger, or plain looking women a try. Think about it. Duh.
 EC22
Msg: 700
Posted: 7/30/2007 10:59:14 AM
As far as average guys are concerned, they all too often complain about not being able to get a "hot" woman to give them a chance, but they are unwilling to look past appearances to date a woman who that man feels is just as attractive or less attractive than himself.

Women do the same thing. For example, there are plenty of fat women who will reject fat men, but will complain if a man turns her down because of her weight.
 EC22
Msg: 702
Posted: 7/30/2007 12:10:56 PM

Who's talking about fat, ec22? Is weight something you're obsessed about, judging not only from this post, but others in which you love to respond to what I have to write? We're talking about attractive versus average, not fat versus non-fat. That's for another thread and pretty much off the subject. And you pretty much have your facts twisted anyway, but if you'd like to talk about the "fat" stuff, then why don't you start another post?

I replied to a few threads where you made inaccurate comments about weight. I felt that you were wrong and stated why. Some other people also disagreed with you and felt that you were wrong. There were some other threads that I read where you made some comments about weight / body type and I did NOT state anything to you or anyone else. On this thread, you ( and some other people ) talked about men rejecting women because of a reason that could also apply to these men. I stated women do the same thing. An average looking woman rejecting an average looking man is one example of this. An fat woman rejecting a fat man is just simply another example to prove my point. Therefore mentioning fat is NOT completely off the current topic.

In any case, back on subject...let's be real. Men tend to be more looks-obsessed than women, a lot of women will overlook a lot of physical "flaws" that most men choose not to in reverse. There is a group of men will think their back hair and bald head are sexy, and their low-wage dead-end job will suffice, but will only date a woman who is petite, smooth skin, with a nice rack and long hair, hoping that such women will look past their "imperfections" to appreciate the guy they really are . Of course, let's make it clear that this is NOT all men, but in general, the expectations for women are set much stricter than that for men

You are way off base. Women care about just looks just as much as men. You are naive if you don't think so. Many women won't date short men, fat men, or bald men. Most men don't care about a woman's height. There are plenty of women who only go after men with 'GQ' looks even though they aren't great looking themselves.
 Mysterio2001
Msg: 703
view profile
History
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 7/30/2007 4:08:34 PM
Time fades all beauty.
 GoldieLocks5
Msg: 711
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2007 11:31:15 PM
I want to know why average men never date average girls?
 GoldieLocks5
Msg: 713
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2007 2:28:31 AM
I think you are wrong. I don't know maybe its the younger guys. I tried to set a below average guy up with an average girl and when I showed him a picture he said shes not that hot. Then asked if I had any really hot friends....... when I asked him what he wanted in looks he described a more less a model. I gave up on helping him after that.
 cotter
Msg: 714
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2007 3:39:37 AM
I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if anyone bothered to mention this ...

Most very attractive women do not consider themselves all that attractive. I saw a TV show that featured some of the hottest models all on one show. Overwhelmingly ... they all said they did not consider themselves "hot" or even all that good-looking.

I have three gorgeous daughters ... none of them really consider themselves "hot" or all that beautiful or good-looking. All three always had all kinds of guys running after them. It actually annoyed them to some degree. I never told them, but I just used to stand back and look at them and think ... wow I know some of their friends would give anything to have that kind of attention and my daughters considered it annoying.

I have to admit that it did get a little annoying when guys would get fixated on them and want to shower them with gifts and favors just to get their attention. Cripies ... we were never able to have a doggone "slumber" party at our house without all the guys driving by all night or walking by.

At the same time, I would like to say that I have seen some very handsome men on here and when I do, I do not hold back from letting them know. I write to them and let them know that I am not looking for a boyfriend ... don't want a date ... just happened to see their profile and wanted to tell them how nice-looking they are. I mean, I'm talking about really handsome. Most write back and thank me and generally add ... "I sure don't think I'm all that handsome ... and believe it or not apparently neither do a lot of women in my area because I sure am not getting a lot of dates."

We all have our own ideas about what is "hot" or "handsome" or "sexy" or "beautiful" or "good-looking", etc. So to say that "hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy" is probably way too generalized. Perhaps what the OP considers "hot" might be quite "plain" to another or just downright not at all attractive.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >