Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *buzz*
Msg: 715
view profile
History
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?Page 5 of 48    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
What one might s e e as an average looking guy, another pair of eyes can see as a -- g o r g e o u s -- one. All is relative. Surely, words leaving one's lips and actions toping them up ... yeah that makes one super-duper gorgeous guy
 Monicaborodi
Msg: 719
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?
Posted: 8/8/2007 6:31:54 AM
yes! yes ! Yes! When Harry Met Sally... see Billy Crystal is not outwardly beautiful eye candy, meg ryan is... in the end? who wins? The average guy..define average? define "hot"..It's all perspective. I've dated guys who are below average in looks, but made up for it in personality. I've dated guys that are out of my league in looks, but omg...personality was aweful!!! I suppose we can all hem & haw about why on earth we cannot find someone who is our equal..emotionally, intellectually, physically... the whole nine yards.. but then I suppose online dating places would be empty..hee hee.. Hot chicks..historically speaking are the dumb blonde pam anderson.. who wants that? the guy who's driving the beemer, the GQ dude with a country club stuffed up his waahhhzoo.. and yes! the MOST attractive part should be the mind/personality of the person you'd like to get with.. cute guys are yummy to look at..but do they stimulate your brain? unlikely.. hot chicks are eye candy, but at the end of the day are you still going to be so concerned with eye candy, or maybe it should be whether she's there for you when it really matters? Here's a tip.. slow down, get to know your people..become someone you can lay on the couch and watch a movie with.. "hot" chicks are high maintenence... can you afford that? hee hee.. Get into her mind.. find out what makes her tick, a normal female, hot or not will be all over that... looks are not the bottom line..they're important, but dont base anything on it. http://forums.plentyoffish.com/images/peace.gif
 iamasiam
Msg: 742
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2007 9:09:20 AM
Why do hot girls never give a chance to a self-defecating, poor spirited, "why me" guys?

iamasiam
Msg: 747
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2007 2:54:12 PM
umm, I mean what I said. That is what some guys mentally seem to be when they start to bs themselves in what is possible in life.

It probably why the hot girls stay away from them, the smell you know...lol
 World-By-Storm
Msg: 750
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:02:02 PM
Simple...hot women don't have to settle for an average guy..

Would you settle for an average girl if you were super hot? Probably not.
 iamasiam
Msg: 753
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 5:33:29 PM

Hot girls want hot guys
Not very ying yang, would it not be better to say hot girls want cool guys?
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 780
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2007 10:37:45 AM
What's "hot"? How do you define it?

and why is it so important to you?...do you mean "hot" to other men? Are you whining because the women you think are "hot" don't want to go out with you? And why should they...? I've never understood this question... if you consider yourself average... then why would you not want to seek others you consider average? What's wrong with them? Would you really be comfortable with a woman who was drop dead gorgeous and getting hit on by tons of men all the time. Really I think, if you consider yourself "average", you may end up with issues over that after a while. I know I might be a little uncomfortable if women were drooling all over my guy all the time. I guess I'm not as secure as I would like to believe...hmmm.(?) Isn't the ultimate goal to find someone who loves you for who you are, and vice versa? You know what...real love is rare... be thankful when it comes to you...the package is not the most important thing.

I see all kinds of people with partners that may not exactly "match" them physically, both men and women. Why is that? And it isn't about cash... or anything. I also see a lot of couples who seem to be pretty close to the same in the looks department. It really isn't something that is fixed in stone.

I read somewhere that people are firstly attracted to people who are close to their attractiveness level...then there is also the fact that a lot of women are also looking for other qualities...and it isn't about power, or money...or even dominance..though some of these things are attractive to some people...ultimately we fall for someone who makes us feel good about ourselves.

Why is it so important that "hot" women find YOU attractive? That's what I'm wondering...
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 781
view profile
History
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 10/6/2007 10:40:51 AM
And I have to disagree with the dimwit who said "hot" women are basically poorly educated.

There are plenty of "hot" women on here that are very well educated. Don't know where you are meeting women... probably the bar.
 Mysterio2001
Msg: 785
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2007 9:06:40 AM
Female hockey players SHOULD NOT get equal pay as men. Its damn boring to watch! Why should they get paid equal $$$ if they the level of competition is below the NHL? PLUS they do not generate the $$$ that the NHL does. If you want the $$$$, step up the competition baby!

brock11
Msg: 797
Posted: 11/4/2007 11:46:42 AM
Most people care about looks to some degree. Now some women ( and men ) will care about looks more than others. Therefore some hot women, average looking women, and even some below average looking women only want the hot men. Other women would date an okay looking man if he has a great personality. The reverse is also true. I don't expect anyone to date someone who they think is unattractive.
 silvox
Msg: 810
Posted: 2/29/2008 10:49:30 PM
...then where's your picture. i'm pretty sure that 8 you brag about is based on submissions by men wearing serious beer goggles.
 bigshrek
Msg: 818
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 3/9/2008 8:26:32 PM
I ask out redheads & brunettes that don't do drugs or have felony rap sheets longer than one page.

Blondes are only trouble and not worth the time it takes to blow in their ear so they can thank you for the refill.
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 821
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 3/10/2008 9:53:43 AM
Maybe if you took a trip to the Playboy Mansion... You'd be sing'n a different tune Buddy ! Hot Chix, Fat Chix, Smart Chix, dumb Chix... Women are women.. I know plenty of hot chix who love Dorky dudes.. I think they even have a shirt that says " I love nerds" Good luck !
 jf468
Msg: 826
Posted: 3/10/2008 12:58:01 PM
Not ALL hot women would turn down average looking men especially if an average looking man has something else to offer such as intelligence, personality, shared common interests etc.
 fancynanci
Msg: 828
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 3:00:43 PM
I think a lot of attractive women like nice guys...but there has to be chemistry...the spark has to be there.
 Raymond2009
Msg: 832
Posted: 3/10/2008 10:40:52 PM
Women are gold diggers!!! It is just a fact of life. If your nice and have no money they dont want your. Sorry but its true.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 849
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2008 3:45:24 PM
I just noticed something

It doesn't matter what men or women say is their truth or experience...some people are going to believe myths no matter what. (example) It's like the thread(s) about women only caring about money... 100 women will say that's not the case..a few will admit that for them it's true, but some guys aren't listening.. they just go on believing what they want to believe. If you really want to LEARN..let go of your bitterness and preconcieved ideas and LISTEN for pete's sake.

It seems a bit ridiculous to me for people to ask questions and then reject the answers. And it makes for redundancy and extremely boring threads that go round and round.

Just an observation

As far as "hot women" giving "average" guys a chance.. why should they? (I really can't speak for hot women but I'm sure there are a few who think this way) Average is boring... if you want something to change in your life then do what it takes to change the one thing you have control over....YOU. It is NOT all about looks.... it's about charisma, personality, energy, ambition...personality. I've always wondered about all these profiles of men who describe themselves as "an average" guy... which to me reads as boring, dull and basically not very interesting. NEXT. Not a very good selling point... maybe a course in marketing might help.
 jf468
Msg: 854
Posted: 3/13/2008 9:01:42 AM

So, IN THEORY, most attractive women will tell you they'd be open to dating an average guy. But, short of ending up alone on a desert island with one, it'll likely never happen.

I have dated average or even slightly below average looking men because of their personality, intelligence, shared common interests etc. Not every man will find me attractive, but the men that are interested in me usually think I'm attractive.

why do hot guys or AVERAGE guys never give a chance to the AVERAGE or BELOW AVERAGE looking women?
Do they not find them appealing enough?
could it be for the same reason hot women don't date average or below average men???

IMO there is a difference between rejecting an average looking man and an below average looking man. An average looking man might not be a super model or my ideal physical type, but he isn't ugly. A below average looking man could be completely unattractive to me. Besides a man that is attractive to me could be average looking to another woman or vice versa
 DyfRynt
Msg: 859
Posted: 3/13/2008 9:59:10 AM
Wow. Anyone else notice this thread has been running since January 2005? Three plus years! And still no answers for either gender, apparently. The answer for me is that average men and women can, and do, date above average people in the looks department. It is just a lot harder. Someone with the looks get a direct foot in the door more often than not. But that is all it will get them, if they have no other redeeming qualities. Someone without the looks has to have the chance to show they are above average in the ways that count, and getting that chance is the challenge. It can be done, you just have to work a lot harder at it than someone above average looking. Life ain't fair. Just the way it is.

Unfortunately, when you translate this into the cyber dating scene, you will rarely be given the chance to prove your worth. Women, in particular, have so many choices as it is, with so many more men than women on sites like this. They have the luxury of being choosy and will naturally look to the good lookers first. And who can blame them? A guy would do the same thing if the situation were reversed.

Bottom line, most of the time the average looking guy has little chance of ever getting an attractive woman to respond to them unless they are VERY clever in their approach.
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 861
Posted: 3/13/2008 10:38:10 AM
I think in general most people just try to stay in their " Leauge" Kinda like how 9 times out of 10 Celebraties only date amongst each other... And when they don't such as Britany Spears... You see what kind of Train wreck that can cause.. LOL Only problem is sometimes people just cant come to gripse with what leauge they're actually in...
 celts123
Msg: 867
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 2/2/2009 4:25:43 PM

Women may appreciate good looking guys, but they don't place nearly as much emphasis on looks as guys do.

I disagree. I think women generally care about looks just as much as men do. There are plenty of women ( especially on dating sites ) that wouldn't date short men, bald men, men with long hair, fat men, skinny men etc.
 Sunshineguy61
Msg: 868
view profile
History
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 2/2/2009 8:32:44 PM
I just think everyone is looking for the "Bigger Better Deal".
 celts123
Msg: 872
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 2/3/2009 8:42:27 AM
I'm just going by my own personal experience. I'm pretty average looking and I'm not especially tall, but I've always had very attractive girlfriends (e.g. one was runner up for Miss Southwest Texas - she was 1 inch taller than me.) They could have certainly done better in the looks department.

Fair enough. I guess my personal experiences have been different. I know women who care about looks to some extent. But they consider other things such as personality to be more important. I know other women who put a major emphasis on looks. Even though many of these women are average looking at best. Same thing applies to men that I know.
 itechman63
Msg: 880
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2009 11:20:44 AM
One man's "average looking girl" is another man's Goddess. It's relative.
 itechman63
Msg: 884
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2009 1:15:14 PM
Actually I thought it was a pretty successful shot at humor instead of a narrative on how genetics plays into the looks of children.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >