Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chrono1985
Msg: 834
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?Page 8 of 48    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Women are gold diggers!!! It is just a fact of life. If your nice and have no money they dont want your. Sorry but its true.

That's something I've found to be true in majority case.

On to topic at hand. It doesn't matter much what people look like, the body is just a shell for the mind and soul. If you actually talked with a lot of women who were ugly, then a lot who were hot, you'd see that there's no real way to know what they are like without getting to know them. I've only seen the whole airhead hot girl deal in very specific situations, in everyday life however it's very different. Though I've still yet to find the beautiful gal with a personality befitting of a goddess outside of my dreams.
 shine bright
Msg: 836
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?
Posted: 3/11/2008 11:52:22 AM
I dont know what age group of "hot" you are looking at, but being "hot" as you put it, requires work after 24. Diet, excercise, skin care, upkeep in general. Alot of woman who are "hot" generally strive to excell at alot of things like there career and character as well. Taking care of their looks just goes along with that. And all of this is what makes a girl HOT!!!

And "hot" girls will date average looking guys as long as he brings other things to the table, like a career, good character etc....

So face it, if you think you are average looking, and you want a "hot woman", you better start working at improving other things in your life.

date "average" women who have similiar interests to you. I promise you there is nothing hotter than someone you like looking at you and saying "I like you so much"!!!!!! after a few dates.
 OneUniqueLady
Msg: 845
Posted: 3/11/2008 8:20:46 PM
Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe the average guy will not take the chance to ask a so called HOT GAL out? The Hot gal shouldn't be judged because of what she was born with (the pretty face/body).....
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 849
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2008 3:45:24 PM
I just noticed something

It doesn't matter what men or women say is their truth or experience...some people are going to believe myths no matter what. (example) It's like the thread(s) about women only caring about money... 100 women will say that's not the case..a few will admit that for them it's true, but some guys aren't listening.. they just go on believing what they want to believe. If you really want to LEARN..let go of your bitterness and preconcieved ideas and LISTEN for pete's sake.

It seems a bit ridiculous to me for people to ask questions and then reject the answers. And it makes for redundancy and extremely boring threads that go round and round.

Just an observation

As far as "hot women" giving "average" guys a chance.. why should they? (I really can't speak for hot women but I'm sure there are a few who think this way) Average is boring... if you want something to change in your life then do what it takes to change the one thing you have control over....YOU. It is NOT all about looks.... it's about charisma, personality, energy, ambition...personality. I've always wondered about all these profiles of men who describe themselves as "an average" guy... which to me reads as boring, dull and basically not very interesting. NEXT. Not a very good selling point... maybe a course in marketing might help.
 Make it Paradise
Msg: 850
Posted: 3/12/2008 4:25:35 PM
why do hot guys or AVERAGE guys never give a chance to the AVERAGE or BELOW AVERAGE looking women?
Do they not find them appealing enough?
could it be for the same reason hot women don't date average or below average men???
 jf468
Msg: 854
Posted: 3/13/2008 9:01:42 AM

So, IN THEORY, most attractive women will tell you they'd be open to dating an average guy. But, short of ending up alone on a desert island with one, it'll likely never happen.

I have dated average or even slightly below average looking men because of their personality, intelligence, shared common interests etc. Not every man will find me attractive, but the men that are interested in me usually think I'm attractive.

why do hot guys or AVERAGE guys never give a chance to the AVERAGE or BELOW AVERAGE looking women?
Do they not find them appealing enough?
could it be for the same reason hot women don't date average or below average men???

IMO there is a difference between rejecting an average looking man and an below average looking man. An average looking man might not be a super model or my ideal physical type, but he isn't ugly. A below average looking man could be completely unattractive to me. Besides a man that is attractive to me could be average looking to another woman or vice versa
 Make it Paradise
Msg: 855
Posted: 3/13/2008 9:15:50 AM
I was just making a point that he wanted a hot babe, but they won't give him the time of day because he is only average....but on the other hand, he himself isn't considering and average woman because he wants the hot babe...it all comes down to what each of us finds appealing to ourselves. We all want to trade up, lol ok, not all of us, but you get what I'm saying
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 856
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2008 9:32:57 AM

Because the selection of guys available to them means they don't have to.

Better looking people have more people wanting to date them. Uglier looking people have fewer people wanting to date them. People will generally pick the best of whats available to them. If the hot gals/guys have no shortage of people wanting to date them, why should they go for average?
 DyfRynt
Msg: 859
Posted: 3/13/2008 9:59:10 AM
Wow. Anyone else notice this thread has been running since January 2005? Three plus years! And still no answers for either gender, apparently. The answer for me is that average men and women can, and do, date above average people in the looks department. It is just a lot harder. Someone with the looks get a direct foot in the door more often than not. But that is all it will get them, if they have no other redeeming qualities. Someone without the looks has to have the chance to show they are above average in the ways that count, and getting that chance is the challenge. It can be done, you just have to work a lot harder at it than someone above average looking. Life ain't fair. Just the way it is.

Unfortunately, when you translate this into the cyber dating scene, you will rarely be given the chance to prove your worth. Women, in particular, have so many choices as it is, with so many more men than women on sites like this. They have the luxury of being choosy and will naturally look to the good lookers first. And who can blame them? A guy would do the same thing if the situation were reversed.

Bottom line, most of the time the average looking guy has little chance of ever getting an attractive woman to respond to them unless they are VERY clever in their approach.
 Souljah667
Msg: 860
Posted: 3/13/2008 10:25:13 AM
Why would a woman ever think her beauty was too good for me?

Im definitly not that much of a looker myself but I don't think our children would be hideous if thats what they fear :\

But maybe its for the best

Such a superficial woman doesn't deserve to be with me. It's these qualities that matter.

And my question is, where are the average - below average girls? Don't be so afriad to speak up, im not so discriminate.
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 861
Posted: 3/13/2008 10:38:10 AM
I think in general most people just try to stay in their " Leauge" Kinda like how 9 times out of 10 Celebraties only date amongst each other... And when they don't such as Britany Spears... You see what kind of Train wreck that can cause.. LOL Only problem is sometimes people just cant come to gripse with what leauge they're actually in...
 abelian
Msg: 864
Posted: 2/2/2009 4:02:28 PM

They won't because they don't have to

They may not have to, but many will, if you give them a reason to date you. Women may appreciate good looking guys, but they don't place nearly as much emphasis on looks as guys do.
 celts123
Msg: 867
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 2/2/2009 4:25:43 PM

Women may appreciate good looking guys, but they don't place nearly as much emphasis on looks as guys do.

I disagree. I think women generally care about looks just as much as men do. There are plenty of women ( especially on dating sites ) that wouldn't date short men, bald men, men with long hair, fat men, skinny men etc.
 Sunshineguy61
Msg: 868
view profile
History
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 2/2/2009 8:32:44 PM
I just think everyone is looking for the "Bigger Better Deal".
 abelian
Msg: 870
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 2/2/2009 10:25:30 PM
I disagree. I think women generally care about looks just as much as men do. There are plenty of women ( especially on dating sites ) that wouldn't date short men, bald men, men with long hair, fat men, skinny men etc.

I'm just going by my own personal experience. I'm pretty average looking and I'm not especially tall, but I've always had very attractive girlfriends (e.g. one was runner up for Miss Southwest Texas - she was 1 inch taller than me.) They could have certainly done better in the looks department.
 celts123
Msg: 872
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 2/3/2009 8:42:27 AM
I'm just going by my own personal experience. I'm pretty average looking and I'm not especially tall, but I've always had very attractive girlfriends (e.g. one was runner up for Miss Southwest Texas - she was 1 inch taller than me.) They could have certainly done better in the looks department.

Fair enough. I guess my personal experiences have been different. I know women who care about looks to some extent. But they consider other things such as personality to be more important. I know other women who put a major emphasis on looks. Even though many of these women are average looking at best. Same thing applies to men that I know.
 abelian
Msg: 873
Who do you ask out?
Posted: 2/3/2009 12:34:40 PM
I know other women who put a major emphasis on looks. Even though many of these women are average looking at best.

That is certainly true. I'm unlikely to charm my way into a date with those women, but that's the way it goes. I've noticed the same thing about the sort of average women you mention. Often, they seem to be picky to the extent you'd think you were in an episode of the Twilight Zone and much pickier than much more attractive women. Fortunately, women usually expect guys to make first contact. All they can do is say no.
 minako79
Msg: 878
Posted: 2/4/2009 10:55:10 AM

Have you tried asking out an "average" looking girl, yourself?

Don't judge a book by its cover. You might never know that the average looking girl might have all the qualities you might be looking for.
 itechman63
Msg: 880
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2009 11:20:44 AM
One man's "average looking girl" is another man's Goddess. It's relative.
 itechman63
Msg: 884
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2009 1:15:14 PM
Actually I thought it was a pretty successful shot at humor instead of a narrative on how genetics plays into the looks of children.
 grkboy
Msg: 889
Posted: 2/4/2009 3:09:27 PM

If you were getting 20-100 emails a day from women of all shapes and sizes, would you give the plain janes or even the fat/ugly ones a shot? Or would you only try with the hot women?
 Peter_not_Dave
Msg: 890
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2009 6:14:16 PM
Actually, I see lots of hot girls dating average-looking guys.

I see lots of hot girls dating absolute****eads, too.

With hot-looking girls, a high percentage of the time I'm saying, "How did HE get HER?"
 Street King
Msg: 892
Posted: 2/4/2009 7:38:43 PM
Just keep trying. Any man regardless of how he looks physically can get the finest woman on earth. Don't think about looks. Ladies are entranced by the masculinity of a man than what he physically looks like.
 casavana
Msg: 893
Posted: 2/4/2009 8:32:23 PM
Firstly I loveeee sexy fine ass guys ... TO HAVE FLINGS WITH ONLY
Wouldn't date them because I know how they are
I would rather be in a relationship with someone who ONLY I think is good looking that way I won't have to worry bout my friends stealing him from me
 barbee1970
Msg: 895
Posted: 2/4/2009 8:55:13 PM
Men come a dime a dozen for so-called "hot" women. They can get any man they want with totally no effort. Men just drool all over them and foolishly spend all of their money on them.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >