Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abelian
Msg: 903
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?Page 9 of 48    (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)

Well really when you think about it why would a very attractive women settle for an average or ugly man. She can get better so what would be the point in going for someone unattractive?

The obvious answer is that the guy offers something else she values. Everyone makes selections based on multiple criteria. The fact that you see wealthy 60 year old men with 20-something year old arm candy makes it obvious that money and status can offset a lot of disadvantages. But there are other things. A very attractive woman of average intelligence or below will be able to find lots of very attractive guys who will be compatible, so she would fit the woman you describe. A very attractive woman who is of above average intelligence may shift her emphasis toward other qualities, so she might date an average looking guy with a lot of something else to offer. No one has ever dated me for my looks and I've been pretty picky, so your rhetorical question wouldn't apply accross the board. Perhaps it's my charm.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 908
Why do hot girls never give a chance to an average looking guy?
Posted: 2/5/2009 1:24:27 PM
i often will date a very plain and sometimes unattractive woman just to see if they are more fun and pleasant to be with than the hotties.
and you what? alot of times they are!!!
 abelian
Msg: 909
Posted: 2/5/2009 4:12:55 PM

Personally, I would much rather be with an average woman who wants to be with me for me than a Ten who wants to be with me for my money or for my social status

Since a woman has to want to be with you for some reason in order for you to be with her, it's silly to ignore any advantage you have in attracting candidates. Would you rather have options or be an option? Would you rather be choice number 2 because she was someone else's choice number 2,3,4,...

so that's why I try to dumb myself down a bit, hide all the fantastic things about me, dress simply, and keep some scruff on the face. I want someone who's interested in me for the qualities that will lead us to have a long relationship together, not qualities that will become more and more of a divide between us as time goes on.

Ah - the handicapper general, from the short story Harrison Bergeron, in the flesh.

I'm having a difficult time understanding this. I'm supposed to put myself at a disadvantage by doing something like misspelling words and using bad grammar so I can't take advantage of what I have to offer? I hate to throw a wrench into your logic here, but if you dumb yourself down, etc., aren't you pretending to be something you're not? In that case, wouldn't she like someone other than the real you?
 celts123
Msg: 913
Posted: 2/5/2009 6:32:59 PM
most guys on here want that model thin barbie doll but most of you do not even come close to Ken!!!

This can apply to some men. But I don't think most men only go after the thin women with super model looks. There are plenty of men that would date women with other body types.

why cant you give an average girl a chance?

Many men would date an average looking woman. But sometimes average looking women can be just as picky as the more attractive women.
 brighteyed guy
Msg: 915
Posted: 2/5/2009 7:19:30 PM
Hot girls do give average guys a chance... and they do it all the time. Just don't automatically expect a woman who is bombarded with male attention to even have much available time to try and evaluate your charms - there is a long and impatient line of men behind you.

I tend to stay within my "cutegory". It's so much easier on the ego.
 arcticdude
Msg: 926
Posted: 2/7/2009 8:31:11 AM
I seed 'hot' women with guys that I consider 'average', or even below average looking, OFTEN! Gives me hope actually!
 JIMMY927
Msg: 927
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 9:03:02 AM
I have one small suggestion, just be yourself, and if she likes you great, if not there is no point in trying to be someone else just to be liked. It's absurd to even think about giving or getting suggestions about how to be liked or loved. I have read the other posts and I agree with lots of them, but then again, girls will be girls,
Confidence, money, and your good looks, your style and body language. It will be easy to pick up girls if you fit in any of those 3 types, but if you are a wacky guy to hang out with, then you are probably dumped, well except for the gold diggers. Girls are irresistable towards me because I just have this face no girl can resist. Each woman is so different that it's hard to define this question. There are the gold diggers, smuts, cheaters, sneaks, and the nice girls that you don't have to sweat bullets over!
 abelian
Msg: 928
Posted: 2/7/2009 10:45:55 AM

Below-average women put the least emphasis on looks, above-average women put a little more emphasis on looks, but average women seem to put the MOST emphasis on appearance.

I'm glad a woman said that and not me, however I think it's true. In general, I've had very attractive girlfriends, despite being very average in appearance myself. But, I'm sometimes surprised by some of the women who have turned me down. Perhaps a very attractive woman who is also intelligent gets tired of being hit up for her looks. I'm still not sure how to explain why the average looking women are the most hung up on appearance, but perhaps those are the ones who are always complaining about being ``used'' by players.
 Fifi47
Msg: 929
Posted: 2/7/2009 12:29:53 PM
I disagree with that. I am average looking to most men I suppose, and appearance is not on the top 5 things list that I look for in a man. Maybe the average looking women you have known have also been looking for things in a man besides his appearance, and what they sought was lacking in the man.
 abelian
Msg: 930
Posted: 2/7/2009 1:24:26 PM
Maybe the average looking women you have known have also been looking for things in a man besides his appearance, and what they sought was lacking in the man.

Anything is possible. That's only my best read on it, although I have been told by a few women that they prefer taller men, so in at least a few cases, the reason is clear. I'm not complaining. I'm content to do what works for me.
 mortalez
Msg: 937
Posted: 4/3/2009 7:49:22 PM
Actually women often date below them on the looks scale, just look around, you see way more hot women with average or ugly guys than the other way around.
 bigshrek
Msg: 942
Posted: 4/8/2009 5:33:04 PM
I can't believe this thread is still alive????

Dress nice, clean up, no drugs, get a job, work out regularly...you'll get a hot chick.

I caught MINE!!!

Lobo_Corazon
Msg: 943
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2009 6:14:04 PM
They do.

(Of course, results may vary depending on what exactly you mean by "average"!)
 grkboy
Msg: 946
Posted: 4/9/2009 10:39:01 AM

The average looking guy is just an excuse for guys that are sloppy and piggy! Get a make over get in shape and start taking care of your image. Its all about grooming.

Riiiiiiight. And based on this site and other site, "average" when it comes to women (especially in the "body" term) comes to define an obese cow that spends her life saying men are shallow. The funniest ones are the ones who chop their hair all short and are practically dressing like men.

I agree with you though on the idea of putting your best foot forward. I don't think a man or a woman should have to hit the gym hours every day and be some toned athlete/model, but they shouldn't be holding a big gut and dressing like they lay around the house all day. Go shopping, look at magazines, find a style that fits you AND flatters you.

Only time I'll say men or women are shallow is then they turn away an actual average looking person putting their best foot forward because they're seeking models/athletes.

I also said it before...if you put your best foot forward and people reject you, then be happy they did. Shows you they don't deserve you.
 minako79
Msg: 948
Posted: 4/21/2009 1:47:39 PM
Why are you going after hot girls that's even out of your league? Try going after average girls that may have potential? As they say don't judge a book by its cover, you maybe surprised at what she can be a great truly person that she could possibly be...
 celts123
Msg: 950
Posted: 6/1/2009 4:19:59 PM
Why are you going after hot girls that's even out of your league? Try going after average girls that may have potential?

This sound good in theory. But in reality this is often not the case. At least in my experience. Average looking women can be just as picky as attractive women. I have contacted plenty of average looking women ( both on internet dating sites and elsewhere ) and most of them weren't interested in me. Many people ( both men and women ) will want the very attractive person regardless of how attractive they are or what they bring to the table.
 privat33r
Msg: 951
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 4:30:36 PM

Dress nice, clean up, no drugs, get a job, work out regularly...you'll get a hot chick.
This is truethy but not the rule. You can dress like a leprous homeless man and still stumble into situations that beg the question "can this be happening?" Some uber hot chicks want whatever they like, they're not trying to impress anyone with the guys they're seeing. It helps to dress well (I hear) and I suppose not being a complete drunk and having more than change in your pocket can help (again mostly reports), but something else does seem to matter to a few, and it ain't conversation, money or even shared goals. I have no idea.

Average looking women can be just as picky as attractive women.
yeah... maybe more so.
 kiwiwithwings
Msg: 960
Posted: 6/27/2009 7:01:16 PM
Do you have a certain type of person Lorethian? Because are you saying you won't go for average girls yourself?? lol! I don't consider myself as 'hot' but regardless of what a guy looks like there has to be an x factor/chemistry. It sounds like you are only going for these supposed 'hot' girls......good luck
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 963
Posted: 6/28/2009 5:14:41 AM
Why is it that the "average guy" is always seeking out the hot babes and they can't even think of asking out an "average gal"?? That tells me alot of what your about right off the bat!
 grkboy
Msg: 967
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:39:09 AM
I'd also like to throw out there to the "average joes" and "average janes" that you should not look at the upper echelon of men and women in the physical looks department as "luckier". It's funny how many average joes and average janes are finding Mr or Ms Right, marrying, etc...while the upper echelons are getting older and constantly complaining how there are no good men or women out there.

I read some article somewhere called the "Bachelor Paradox" and in one part the author spoke of how it seems the better looking people keep constantly holding out for "something better" than what they see around them that they end up shooting themselves in the foot. Author Jillian Strauss also alluded to that in her book "Unhooked Generation".

I see it too, the guys that most women drool over seemingly carry an attitude that they don't trust women and will never commit to anything more than a one night stand, or they'll talk endlessly of how most of the hot women around them are worth a lay, but haven't met one yet they would marry. Same deal with the women most guys drool over. They get too many guys coming on to them (most of them willing to lie through their teeth to get her into bed) and thus they have a hard time trusting men and even other women (some get catty), plus many of them take their pains as a belief that they should shoot for a better class of male...but often times focus on the wrong characteristics that should be the "better".

Now then, my point to this is for all the average joes and average janes who are out there being rejected by anyone they find attractive, look at yourself honestly and see if you are the type of man or woman who someone like that would want. We tend to all play by this double-standard where we believe we can shoot for a higher level than we are actually able to get, but the other gender should "come down to reality" and such.

The hot people of the world aren't always living the best lives when it comes to love. Look how many models and celebrities seem to never be able to stay married. Y0ur goal isn't supposed to be some hot thing on your arm, but the person you can wake up next to every morning.

If you're average and the "hot" are rejecting you, then what's wrong with going after the averages of the opposite sex. Let the hot ones who keep holding out for a bigger better deal end up alone in life.
 Gaddflye
Msg: 974
Posted: 7/29/2009 7:10:14 AM
Hot women are approachable and dateable if one knows how to approach and deal with them in person. It is quite difficult to meet the really hot ones on internet dating sites unless a man is rather buff himself.
 cw35
Msg: 976
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2009 8:42:54 AM
vr62nr: I agree with you. It never seems to be a problem in the real world but for some reason ugly to average people online seem to think they're god's gift to the world which makes it hard to get a date online at all. Very strange but the evidence is there.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 978
Posted: 7/29/2009 2:05:29 PM
I date hot women.....

But I'm hot too.

Oh well. So much for my situation making the OP feel better.
 Sharlena
Msg: 980
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2009 4:46:29 PM
i prefer average looking guys actually.
hot ones are nice too.
but if your a nice decent guy i'm not one to look you over. but i have found even the average joes are some of the worst ***holes. more so then the hot ones.
 CyrusOne
Msg: 985
Posted: 7/29/2009 8:21:00 PM
dude above me... I was just about to say that about the woman's insides. WIN!

Yeah... I've dated HOT chicks... and I don't look all that hot either. Know what it is? I get AROUND the physical part... I bring attention to the traits i can CONTROL. Like making them laugh, giving them a good time, making them feel that "security" and stuff... I try to be the best at whatever I can do to please them. Just as they do for me once they GET TO KNOW ME... and see past my physical stuff.

I've had girls try and take the same classes as me to try and impress me with THEIR goodies. Why? Because I show them that physical crap gets you only to a certain point... if your looks go by the age of 40, and you have NOTHING ELSE to offer... you've fornicated yourself in a way right?

It just takes a bit more effort for a NOT SO HOT LOOKING GUY... but it IS possible.

I think a woman... any smart woman would choose an excellent provider, over a really hot guy. <--- THIS says something.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >