Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Phone chat lines...anyone ever done it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lucky...13
Msg: 48
Phone chat lines...anyone ever done it? Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Funny I just got nostalgic when I started to read about phone chat lines. Better yet...Remember Party or shared phone lines when there were like 10 people all trying to talk at the same time INSANE!
"I heard you on the wireless back in Fifty Two
Lying awake intent at tuning in on you.
If I was young it didn't stop you coming through.
Oh-a oh
They took the credit for your second symphony.
Rewritten by machine and new technology,
and now I understand the problems you can see.
Video killed the radio star.
Video killed the radio star.
Pictures came and broke your heart.
Oh-a-a-a oh"

The Buggles
Video Killed The Radio Star Lyrics
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 49
Phone chat lines...anyone ever done it?
Posted: 1/18/2013 3:54:46 PM
I tried it once. Didn't like it. Never met a person from it. Strange people that wants to talk about sex.
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/1/2013 8:47:57 PM
Yep, i have
wont ever do it again
ugh
 Spruceman1978
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/15/2013 9:35:27 PM
Its a fraud.

The girls say on the commercials there's lots of sexy men and women. Well, I got news for ya.... Majority of them are big fat losers who have no chance in hell in real life.

If you think you'll be chatting with a bunch of sexy women.. Or for the women a bunch of sexy guys, get real. They aren't on the phone!
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/15/2013 10:42:58 PM
Funny question. Back in the early 80's the phone systems were different, and there were loads of "empty" phone number combos you could call and someone else would call a number that was close, and the two of you could chat together. They were not run by anyone. I was REALLY REALLY into this when I was about 14. I used to lie and say I was 18...of course, the people on the other end of the phone were always horny guys, around college age. So I used to have "fake" phone sex with them, and of course this was all terribly fascinating to a girl that age. Haha! God. They used to call it "partying on the line."

After about a year of this I sort of outgrew it. I never did it to meet anyone, but when I look back in hindsight, it was pretty close to how internet chat rooms work. I can see how young girls can get into trouble, trusting men they think they know, and deciding to meet them. I feel lucky I never got into any trouble.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2013 10:50:52 AM
It's interesting that the phone chat lines in our city only advertise in the middle of the night...I wonder why?;)
 Maleman999
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/18/2013 1:37:11 PM
Never tried it, but if I ever did, I would say I want to talk via skype. I'm sure that would go over like a lead balloon.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Phone chat lines...anyone ever done it?