Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Whatever happen to the sweet and innocent girl?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YamIhere
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Whatever happen to the sweet and innocent girl?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Angelic might be the right word.

1. Asking for a bit much here, don't you think?
2. You're looking in the wrong places. I don't even need to know where you're looking to be able to tell you that. If you keep meeting the wrong women, then you need to change your approach.
3. Have fun with the ones you don't plan to marry. ... it won't kill you to enjoy yourself during the interim.
 sweetwildchild
Msg: 6
Whatever happen to the sweet and innocent girl?
Posted: 5/22/2006 10:03:29 AM
the sweet innocent girls get tired of being sweet and innocent to wind up with a bunch of men that have done everything and everyone while the girls are home being sweet and innocent------so they have become more worldly to not feel like they have saved themselves for a bunch of used up been there done that--done everyone kind of men which are the majority (maybe not all) of men in this world so women have turned out to be more like the men they have to choose from.
 Jenn179
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/24/2006 12:24:21 PM
JeterFan... all i can say is.. DAMN, that man is fine. I just want to bite into his a$$.

Cold shower time!
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/24/2006 6:15:22 PM
A sweet, innocent girl contacted me here once and we had a pretty damn good time but so many things went wrong (all my fault) that she's still here looking for her guy. I won't sell you her handle name though...
 Polly_G
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/24/2006 6:16:56 PM
I have had two cabbies give me their phone number trying to pick me up. Does that mean I'm a nice girl?
 Polly_G
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/25/2006 2:48:16 AM
I've met a number of Women from the East Coast and they all seem very nice and perhaps sweet and innocent.

Its our Nova Scotian charm. Find only us and the Newfs have it. Maybe nice but dunno how innocent we are

I think it comes from all being so broke we are really nice to people so they'll spend money here heh.

Not saying others aren't nice and sweet....just its a cultural thing here to be very outgoing and friendly to people.
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 2:06:14 PM
Little boys introduced them to Snakes and snails and puppy dogs' tails ~ that's what little boys are made of."
 bucsgirl
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/26/2006 4:54:53 PM
"Heck I've been looking for someone in her late 20s earlier 30s for 7 years" hmm...and you're a 40 something man and wondering why that's not working? You haven't learned much in 7 years, have ya bud?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/26/2006 5:17:32 PM
Gee, what a nice guy!! Ever consider that if something isn't working in 7 years, it just may NOT work?
 rockondon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 1:29:01 PM
Society came along and devoured her.

If there was a sweet innocent girl around here, she'd probably get scooped up pretty quick. ;)
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/23/2012 3:16:55 PM
Jackie Kennedy was not a sweet & innocent woman. Her marriage to Onassis was a deal. She stole him from another woman he was with s maybe u should look for real women. I would recommend putting up a pic of u
Most women aren't going to answer u.
 NYCmasterplumber
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/23/2012 5:11:38 PM
You think driving a cab is nuts with these man eater ? Try being a plumber or other tradesman and make a house call

Divorced - separated are the worst and women who had an argument a few hours before you arrived with their husbands and the want to do a grudge Fck

Widows all they want to talk about is how their late husband walked on water and how caring he was and they never fought.

I still find it amazing and thrilling when working under a kitchen sink or inside a vanity your legs sticking out and the nest thing you know is your getting one hell of a BJ

One of the best was when guy let me into his home told me the pipe in the basement was busted small pipe and running water was spewing all over.

He said do the job leave a invoice lock myself out and he would mail a check in the morning.

I said no problem BUT I will bill him not leave a invoice.

He left I went to the basement shut the water main valve and went to my van and came back into the home seeing a lady standing there in a robe hair full of shampoo and HIGHLY PISSED OFF and even though I was in the navy as a kid she taught me some new cuss words

After she calmed down she asked "who the fck are you" I said the plumber there is a busted pipe in the basement and the guy let me in and never told me someone else was home.

She said would you mind putting the water back on so I can get this soap off me

I turned the system on again and she came down to the basement wearing the same robe but this time a towel on her head and she said I owe you an apology and suggested I have a cup of coffee with in 2 minutes were were in bed screwing like bunnies.

Nothing beats being in the home of the lady as a car is uncomfortable and no place tob wash up properly PLUS I got to bill her husband for all the time :()
 NYCmasterplumber
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/23/2012 5:16:40 PM
YOU really do look sweet
 Jason022679
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/23/2012 5:18:59 PM
I saw one once, not as common as UFO's or bigfoot but you can find them.
 daynadaze
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 5:35:06 PM
There's the logical answer, but it's not nearly as fun as the BS cliches many come up with to call women. The fact is that these nice, sweet women are out there, but they aren't looking for a lot of the guys who want them. They have a choice, just like the women who don't do it for you and may not want you either. I mean really, don't most people (male or female) think that if the types they want don't want them, that's what is going on?
 brookeAB
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 6:52:41 PM
Try volunteering, you might meet a nice woman, if not at least you've done something productive and helped someone in need.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/23/2012 8:37:37 PM
I like the volunteering idea. You could also try churches.

Plentyofthrowbacks, will you marry me?

:smile:
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/24/2012 12:48:45 PM
Yes us sweet women.... We drive our own vehicles...so were not waiting on a ride, we come and go as we please.
The sweet women drove past you, when you were driving that bitter women to the divorce lawyers...
 want to travel
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2012 1:12:10 PM
well
sweet and innocent, is boring,(to me)
you can have my plate....
I will take naughty,and wild lol
 4ms4me
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2012 4:22:39 PM
Ah yes, the sweet and innocent days of my mother's youth ... where men were gentlemen, women were modest, there were no divorces and every child had a wonderful life.

My great-grandfather was physically abusive and very controlling. When his first wife died, he marred again, a woman much younger. She drank a lot, I understand. His daughter (my grandmother) didn't marry till she was 26, and fortunately for her, she chose a man who was not abusive because divorce was simply not an option for anyone except the most desperate, or brave. Bruises on friends were politely ignored; my grandmother sold Avon, and lots of cover-up.

My mother was molested by the guy who tuned the piano. Nothing was done, because who would believe a six-year-old? And such things were just not talked about, so she bore the trauma alone.

When my mother married, he was devoted till just after the first baby was born; for child #2, he was late and for child #3, he just didn't bother showing up - at a party, or something. The third baby might not have been born, but she would have had to get his permission for birth control and he didn't feel it was necessary. At some point, he started seeing other women, and he also smacked my mother around, from time to time. Physical violence and infidelity was shameful - surely it was her fault? But it was the 60s, the social stigma against divorce was lifting, and so they divorced. But I notice in all the pictures, everybody's smiling - so everything must have been ok, right?

My ex-mother-in-law once told me that in the 40s when she was a young woman it wasn't at all uncommon for unmarried women to have sex before marriage, even with multiple partners, because of the war - the men were off to fight and might never come back, and somehow that seemed to put things in a different perspective. She specifically said I shouldn't pay any attention to anyone who claimed otherwise; the truth was that people weren't all that different in 1940 than they were in 1980.

I wonder when people will stop viewing history through fairy dust? I'm really glad that I, my daughter and my granddaughters don't have to play "sweet and innocent" so some guy can beat on us and cheat on us, and be considered a "gentleman" just because he happens to have enough money to support a woman.
 bdown220
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/28/2012 12:02:45 PM
The sweet girl,innocent and all should stand up and say,no more b s.
 471brooklyn
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/28/2012 4:13:25 PM
if there smart they don't
 471brooklyn
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/28/2012 4:15:09 PM
you tell him. the sweet girl is look for a good and kind guy. were are they?
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/3/2012 12:02:45 PM
No were not hiding, we are being realistic and saying instead of acting like a fairy tale character we're being real women and not being afraid of who we are.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Whatever happen to the sweet and innocent girl?