Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 18
Bald v shaven heads - and is bald beautiful?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Hiya m4you. I agree - just about ANYTHING is better than a comb over!
To answer your question, for some reason in this country guys seem to lose their hair early on. To be honest it would put me off if it was someone in his 30s but not if it was more 'age appropriate'. I do prefer hair though. I find it more sexy.
It's just a personal preference like someone said. No more superficial than a guy preferring slim as opposed to bbw or any of the other preferences people express on here.

I agree do a degree. But first off, I don't care how big a woman is as long as she has a big heart thats what i want. Also something like weight (generally speaking) a person has way more control over it then hairloss of any kind and I personally would not judge someone over something they have no control over!

Besides hair is just hair!! so much more to a person then their hair!!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 23
Bald v shaven heads - and is bald beautiful?
Posted: 5/27/2006 6:27:50 PM

if it suits the guy to have a bald head, then ya wont hear any complaints from moi!

i just dont like guys who insist on a "comb over" or wantin to look too much like a hippy, cos thats not the way to go in my opinion

I agree don't do the hippie look or the comb over, just shave it or have it real short or do some other kind of variation that makes it appear good.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/21/2006 9:03:09 AM
^^ If there is a little bit of fuzz then thats a BUZZ cut not a trul shaved head. A truly shaved head is when you shave down to the skinn thats why it's called shaved head.

I am not to into buzz cuts.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/23/2006 11:47:26 PM
Bald is beautiful. Only the combover isn't.
 Nomdeplume
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2006 9:12:31 AM
How can ladies not like a man with a smooth cranium? I believe it triggers those maternal feelings... baby smooth heads and mothering instincts...all the ladies I know just want to kiss mine :)

Nom
Slapheads of the world unite.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/5/2006 2:27:01 AM
They are the same in essense. What the OP Should have said is Bald-ing as in leaving their hair you got, out long Like (Goerge Costansa) or Dr Phil ect, or making it too long like a skullet (Hulk Hogen?), on the one hand, and a shaved head like a Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin etc look on the other.

I think if anything else of a distinctions is flat out shallow and narrow minded.

Besides does not the OP herself (based on what I remember)have SHORT hair ???? ....lol so what the problem lol??
 Loose_end
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2007 2:17:06 PM
I've been having a grade 1 for about 15 years now........I think it starting falling out a few years after i decided i liked it at grade 1, its never really bothered me in the least. Dead easy to cut and i can do it myself. I get plenty of the "football hooligan" stuff, and it does tend to attract a bit of trouble especially with some of the pubs i go in....

But as someone pointed out to me the other day, i also look like i know what i'm doing in bed in that "rough and ready" kinda way............Now all i gotta do is prove to her i do
 bootielicious
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2007 2:37:28 PM
I do prefer hair, but some guys would look good whatever they had on their head because they're happy smiley fun people to be with. Each person suits a different look.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2007 7:46:35 AM
When I met my man wayyy back when he had long dark hair, and I loved it.. About ten years ago he started losing it, now to me there is nothing worse than the pony tail that starts from the crown cos there's nowt in front of it... So as his hair receded it also got shorter, til one day he returned from the bathroom bic'ed to perfection...
OP self delusion? I think not... It's being proud of who you are and not trying to hide behind false hairpieces or fancy hairstyles....

Bald is beautiful ...
 yellowfrog
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 4:14:19 PM

But why do some balding men, do the comb over thing.
They look complete and utter twats.

The latest craze in baldness hiding, especially amongst the "metrosexual" fraternity seems to be the "comb forward". It looks even siller than a comb over IMO.
 Tim61
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2007 4:39:14 PM
I try to keep my hair short now, I cut it myself with clippers, a bit difficult to do the back, but i make a good job of it so ive been told, I'm not sure about going all the way down to the wood though just yet any way. I used to have hair down to my shoulders when i was at school, but eh its gone now with age as i am 46 this year.

Tim
 Tim61
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2007 1:15:57 PM
I have never seen so many Bald Guys in One Room before, as when I went to the Birmingham Meet on Saturday !!! I go down to a Grade One but I don't think It would suit me completly BALD !!!

Tim
Posted: 10/16/2007 12:11:09 AM
I knew I liked you.

Have we chatted elsewhere?
 Lechauve
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2008 11:05:46 AM
Bald & shaved are beautifull let's try it
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2008 2:42:04 AM
seen a few comb overs, even asked the guy why they did it, they mumbled something and walked quickly away

tend to shave head to a no.1 every other week
 seabass15
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 3:33:27 AM
I THAT IS ME. Started developing male pattern baldness, around the age of twenty seven, on the crown. over the years I had fairly long hair, then a few years ago.I developed Alopecia. I saw the quack and the diagnosis was correct. After that I shaved it all off, when my hair started to grow again evenly all over, I tried growing it again, but by this time the central forlock had thinned quite a bit. and I felt it made me look awful. Ihave there after shaved it all off on a regular basis. I have been told that I have a good shaped head. the only time it bothers me is when it's cold and windy then I get bennie out for protection
 Lorri55
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2008 10:27:26 PM
The 'fuzzy-felt' feel of a newly shaved head...love it
Shaved or bald....nice....long hair on any man over 25, nahhhhhh
 oggers
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2008 11:17:52 AM
YES !!
Baldness can be beautiful and incredibly sexy on a lady ....
think Servilan from Blake's Seven
 MrIncredable
Msg: 222
Posted: 5/19/2009 11:29:11 PM
In my early 30's. I give myself a number 1 cut now. Have been for the past 3 years since the executive decision came to shave it off after a loosing battle. I asked a girl that same question and she said to me that if he has the ability to grow a full head of hair, than it's sexy. But if you can tell that you don't have a full head of hair it's not. lol. Now with that being said, she is one of the cruelest shallow people I know, and in her early twenties.. first time away from home, far from what I would consider a mature adult. (we work together and get along..) Now... with all that being said.. we did the deed a few times.. lol. So.. there you have it. She must have found some other qualties I have that are sexy.. Not all men with hair are good looking / Not all men with no hair are good looking. And there will be women that refuse to date guys that have no hair on their heads... But I would say to them, that's too bad because they are closing the door on a great thing :) I could go on forever... It's not always the clothes that makes the man, but I say it's the clothes before the hair.. probably the eyes before the hair too.. perhaps the smile too...

Sometimes I think about having my hair back, but hoenstly, I don't know how the hell I would get ready for work in the morning! I remember spending sooo much time doing the do... and even running late because I couldn't get my hair the way I wanted it!
I would have to get up that much earlier! Also... so handy in the winter. I wear a touque when I go out.. and then when I'm indoors, I take it off and my hair is not messed up! You know how much money a year I save on haircuts? Hurray for the shaved head!

cassie the kitten
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 2:40:30 PM
I like both! A smooth head is sooo sexy!
 Lorri55
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 3:18:23 PM
Don't you men worry about going bad.....it's a sign of high testosterone!!
So what you lack on your head you make up for in bed
 FloridaGal00
Msg: 239
Posted: 5/24/2009 12:15:34 AM
Im really indifferant to a thick head of hair or a guy thats bald...however I prefer the shaved bald look or keeping it close to that if he is bald...bad receding hair line umm Id rather see it shaved...Last few years however I notice I do look at quite a few bald men so yes its all good in my book...there are occasions of coarse when it looks better on some guys that others
 TheRealSoul
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 1:15:02 PM
ohhh it says bald 'heads' . . . wrong thread, my bad
 Beachdrifter
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2015 4:40:16 AM
I'm bald but the hair I do have i shave pretty close. For some reason I thinks bald men with thick long hair around the side doesn't look good.
 grover14
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2015 10:28:20 AM
I started noticing alot of guys with shaved heads, and on a,whim, I shaved my head. That was over 2 years ago. I have white hair, so not seeing that snow on the mountain is great. No bad hair days, and it's clean and feels great too. I know the shaved bald look isn't for everyone, but many women don't mind it.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >