Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Has your taste in men/women changed?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Schadenfreudian
Msg: 133
Has your taste in men/women changed?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Yes, they now taste like Pistachio-chocolate chip chunk instead of Jamoca Almond Fudge.
 AgelessWonder
Msg: 134
Has your taste in men/women changed?
Posted: 11/1/2007 10:11:38 AM

Yes, they now taste like Pistachio-chocolate chip chunk instead of Jamoca Almond Fudge

Jamoca Almond Fudge.... My favorite Baskin Robbins Ice Cream.. I almost forgot about that. Thanks schadenfreudian for making me drool!!!

I would hope my taste in men has changed.. I no longer am attracted to "losers" or would hope I'm not!! I used to be attracted to tall, dark and handsome, but now I am only looking to see if they are breathing!
 retired and crazy
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2007 10:48:57 AM
Only the age group has changed. Now I look at the ladies that are over 36. As for shape I have always liked a woman with a few extra pounds. Full figured is the best way I think to say it. Skinny women scare me.
 guitarcrooner
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 10:12:28 PM
I am. I used to be pretty closed minded about it. Only wanted 8's and above. But now, I find a little more weight on a gal attractive. I find I really am interested in what she thinks about things. I guess I'm growing up...finally!
 waterlilly33
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/2/2007 11:26:54 PM
Heck Yeah! When I was younger I'd only go for the "pretty boys", and they had to be over 6'. But that's because I was young, insecure and stupid. Now they have to be brainy with a sense of humor. However, not necessarily in that order.
 Woodstar
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/3/2007 9:22:21 AM
I have to agree with Ageless!

I was writing one guy and we graduated to the phone rather quickly. He said his "picker was broken"...I wasn't sure what he said at first but didn't let on...just kept quiet while he continued to talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.... But I did like the line...don't think it works as well for me...wrong anatomy.
 ankkka
Msg: 139
Posted: 11/3/2007 11:51:36 AM
No!!
Crazy...but I will like forever young hearted man...in gentle and handsome body...just my age!
 redarcangel
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2007 1:07:47 PM
That was a good one woodstar..his "picker was broken"!

Now I have heard it all!

I don't think my taste in men has changed as much as the way I go about dating and the way I feel about relationships in general. Not meaning internet vs the smoke signals of the past..! More like listening to what the man is actually saying..comprehending what he actually says..and not acting on impulse as much as I once did. The expectations of the giggley school girl turns young adult..wants and gets married..has kids..and all the things that fo along with the happily ever after fairytale..that's all gone. I'm not as eager to look across the breakfast table at the same face every morning as I used to be..and..kids? Oh H*ll NO! Mine are raised and gone! If he has them..fine with me..but..I'm not having anymore of my own at this late date! I think we've all heard the term young and foolish..that was me! Now..I'm just old? Hopefully..just a tad wiser too..
 ALMOSTABLONDE
Msg: 141
Posted: 4/25/2011 5:29:12 AM
Mine has changed...maybe too much..I've gotten way more discerning which = way more alone time...not necessarily a bad thing.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 142
Posted: 4/25/2011 6:26:11 PM
nope, foreign girls in their 20's have pretty much done it for me since highschool.
when they were older when I was in France
When they were the same age in Okinawa
When they were a little younger in Korea
Now that they are a lot younger than me in Ukraine.....
but still 20 something foreign women.
 daffie
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2011 7:19:26 PM
^that last avowal should keep the messages coming from "them"...
 valenciacityx
Msg: 144
Posted: 4/25/2011 11:48:45 PM
that would assume that you could use this site to meet them
its a failed syllogism.
worse still when you consider all of it here is in english
get a language, get out.
you dont fish overseas with the same bait on the hook; any angler would know that.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2011 9:10:57 PM
My taste in men has stayed the same: I really don't want to taste them.

As for women, sure it's evolved over the years to some extent, but I always looked for a lot more than physical attractiveness. I had a long stretch where I was attracted to women in their thirties that lasted from my mid twenties through my forties. I think it was that particular mix of youth and maturity.

I do, of course, now find myself more open to 'older' women than I once was, because I'm older, but the challenge is that I still hold out for a woman fit enough to want to join me in at least some of my outdoor adventures, and while there are certainly fit, outdoorsey women of my age and older, the pool has shrunk considerably over the years. Add to that they've got to also find me appealing and, well, I've become a lot more comfortable in recent years with just my own company.

But that's a good thing. I may once have looked for a woman to complete me, and now I seek one to complement me. Any compliments are bonus!

dave
 Natgoat
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/20/2011 1:41:19 PM
Not really...I just shifted my ~Age-range~...
I still like Long hair, small waistlines, pretty eyes, long legs and Kissing..!!!
 totum_spirit
Msg: 147
Posted: 6/20/2011 8:52:35 PM
And don't come near me with NO TEETH!!! unless it is in the dark...could be interesting!
 vnufall
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/21/2011 8:56:10 AM
omg....i hope so. when i was 16 all i cared about was if the guy was cute and had a car. now i want some intelligence, i don't want to be bored. have to have a good sense of humor and be able to laugh at himself. not be intimidated by a strong woman. be able to share in what life has to offer, good food, good music and good companionship. i can't stand a man to be so self involved with himself he loses sight of everyone else. i would say as i've gotton older i need more but i can offer more too.
 92rockin
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2011 11:00:37 AM
yeap,now that I been around the BLOCK. the opposite sex is total JOKE.
 Bigeasy43
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2011 1:50:32 PM
Not yet a joke for me. But predictable behavior remains, Attraction comes first, then Appreciation, then being treated like an ATM. Gets boring faster than it used to, testosterone made it last longer than it should have in previous years.

Biggest change from my younger years is that females actually had real hair for eyebrows, now it is a painted streak of eyebrow pencil!
 saltnpepper1950
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2011 10:06:49 PM
My taste hasn't changed but what I find amazing is how many more attractive 50+ year old women there are now than there were thirty years ago. Funny how that worked out.
 Isle_make_it_happen
Msg: 152
Posted: 6/21/2011 10:32:18 PM
You know, I do not know if my taste has actually changed or not.
I like to think the now I am older I actually have a taste, if that makes sense.
When I was younger and you were a woman or (girl) near me or around me, it was pretty difficult to get disqualified.
Now days, Women (don't chase girls no more) get disqualified rather easily and for more realistic reasons.
Example: When I was younger about the only thing that would disqualify you as a woman was your looks and they had to be BAD! Really BAD! Or you had to be one of my BEST of the BEST friends Girlfriend or Ex. Really back then the things that would disqualify you had little or nothing to do with the REAL YOU. Shallow I know and I have a long list of regrets over all that.
Now that I am older and now that I have taken a 16-year retreat from dating (I was married) I look at things in a whole new light.
Looks have little do with attraction these days. Yes the attraction must be there but I find different things attractive in everyone, well almost everyone.
Things that get women disqualified today are not so much "Selfish" reasons on my part as to protecting the both of us from inevitable failure.
Example: You may be a Wonderful, Fantastic, Attractive, Intelligent Woman and still get disqualified as a Match for me for something as simple as "You are afraid to fly and refuse to get on an airplane" Reason? I travel too much and am not going to stop and want you to go with me or meet me places.
You are a Dog Lover and have Multiple dogs. Well I LOVE DOGS TOO, think they are fantastic and one time had 3 living with me and in my house, but today, like I said, I like to Travel too much and I know you are not going to want to leave your furbabies while you travel with me....
You got an IDIOT Kid that will not grow up and you do not trust them, HUGE DEAL BREAKER for me, I do not have the time or patients for that....
Or you have small children, God Bless you if you do, but I am sorry, the woman I seek needs to have freedom to do spur of the moment things, with small children that is not possible.

So I guess I really do not know if my "Taste" has changed as to I have just changed and have more Rock solid ambitions and goals... And if the Women I meet and Myself can not have a common goal or a means to reach it then I am Man enough to be honest today about the situation, with myself and just as importantly with her...
 Harley65
Msg: 153
Posted: 6/23/2011 9:19:53 AM
ascott4u.....LOL!!! U r funny!!

I know my taste has changed!! I am a lot more picky!! If u still live with ur Mama...You can stay with her!! LOL
 mateo45
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2011 10:00:33 AM
I save being "picky" for grocery shopping. These days I see "relationships" more like finding a good used car. And sometimes there are "good deals" to be found in the least likely places, although 'ya still gotta "look under the hood", for signs of "wear & tear", and even "drive it around" a bit.

Otherwise by just window-shopping, you can't tell which ones are "creampuffs" with "low miles", from the "lemons" or others that've had a major "wreck"... and still kinda pull to the right or left!
 55upnorthguy
Msg: 155
Posted: 6/25/2011 11:43:20 AM
yes i went from spicey chicken to regular chicken
 bamaNblueyez
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/25/2011 4:20:04 PM
Not everyone is phony and fake. Some of us still have our own teeth, eyebrows among other things!

bill101023
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2011 10:52:55 PM
No, I think they still taste good. I'm 74 and never get tired of goodlooking ladies. I just wish some of these older ladies would quit running after the young boys.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Has your taste in men/women changed?