Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thebigslim
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Favorite unknown wrestler.Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
how can you guys forget about "Gilberg"? ...... oh wait, he wasnt a favorite, never mind..... just thought id throw his name in the mix lol

anyone remember kergan? how about damien demento....... or even "kwang" who was savio vega.... man soo many to choose from. xanta klause is another. or how bout the sultan (rikishi)

dangerous danny davis
ludvig borga
tug boat
the tag team "well dunn"
mantar - someone agree with me that was a truely stupid gimmick
tag team "head bangers"
the berzerker
the fake razor ramon and fake desiel
kama mustafa..... who then later became the godfather
the who
that kid who wrestled with one leg.... i cant remember his name.
meat
baston booger
the african dream hakeem
tag team - the conquestadors

this is all off the top of my head... i'll add more later
 PiEd_PiPeR
Msg: 26
Favorite unknown wrestler.
Posted: 6/2/2006 2:24:31 PM
ha ha do you guys Remember Omar atlas? ha ha..... he's a classic case of being a un known wrestler.
 Uxtaz
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2006 7:29:31 PM
Cuban Assassin!!!
 steve in CR
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2006 8:40:37 PM
and how about the ever losing Puppy Dog Peloquin...
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/3/2006 11:16:45 PM

gerous danny davis
ludvig borga
tug boat
the tag team "well dunn"
mantar - someone agree with me that was a truely stupid gimmick
tag team "head bangers"
the berzerker
the fake razor ramon and fake desiel
kama mustafa..... who then later became the godfather
the who
that kid who wrestled with one leg.... i cant remember his name.
meat
baston booger
the african dream hakeem
tag team - the conquestadors

Hey Ludvig Borga was cool. He had alot of potential until his leg injury in early 1994.
 thebigslim
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2006 11:10:50 AM

the hollywood blonds-jerry brown and buddy roberts with there manager sir oliver humperdink. brutus beefcakes,lord littlebrook,tank,el gigante,dino bravo,adian adonis with the flowershop,tieneblas,earl maynard

i think i wil have to disagree with brutus "the barber" beefcake..... and dino bravo, he was pretty well known.... especially in the province of quebec. anyone remember how he died?

hey anyone remember that guy "giant gonsalez"? or how ever u spell his name lol

how about the tag team "the mountain men"

the warlord..... oh wait i dont think he would count, he was one half of the powers of pain.

the freakin odities crew...... what in the hell was wwf thinkin at that time?
 thebigslim
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2006 9:29:03 PM
cant forget the supreme fighting machine - KAMA
 Ezzee
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/14/2006 4:35:41 AM

I dont think you can really consider coco beware as an unknown wrestler.

Personally, I don't think that half of the guys who have been listed on here can really be considered unknown. Especially those all of those WWE guys who were listed. Want to try uknown go to your local indy show. There are some unknown guys that bust their balls to entertain you and aren't doing it for the money. List some of them, cause they truly are unknown.
 Ezzee
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/14/2006 8:45:31 AM
What's your point? Yeah, I know people know Eugene, Meat, and all those that people have listed here. But how many people know Tommy Gunn and Big Daddy Hoofer? How many people know "Classic" Colt Cabana or Tommy "Spiderbaby" Saturday? How about some of the great female wrestlers out there like April Hunter or Raine? There are so many gems out there who have never wrestled in the WWE and probably never will. And most of these guys are a whole lot better than the WWE and do it for $20 a show while driving 300-400 miles a weekend, if not more. I think if people check out the local indy scene they would see a whole lot of talent and would have a whole lot of fun. Especially when the price is about $8 for a show and your sitting right next to the ring, instead of paying $20 and sitting 5 miles away from the ring.
 bigirish
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2006 5:08:31 PM
How about something a little newer? What about the Boogieman!!!! Crazy!!! But then again, normal is boring in my opinion!!
 Ezzee
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:26:45 AM
Yeah, that is one of the newer trends that was started up by Dibiase. It's been amazingly successful too. His federation, THe Power Wrestling Organization is currently in negotiations for a TV deal as well. I'm hoping that he gets it, cause that would be really cool.

Sorry you haven't been able to make any independant shows. It really is a treat. Extremely close seats. Intimate facility, and when you yell at the wrestlers, they actually care and pay attention. Lots of fun.
 Ryan Mac
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/1/2006 7:10:16 PM
Among my favorites:

Colt Cabana
Claudio Castagnoli
"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson
Samoa Joe
Alex Shelley
Delirious
Roderick Strong
Jack Evans
Necro Butcher
CM Punk (though he's going to ECW soon)
Blue Panther
Love Machine Art Barr
Kenta Kobashi
Great Sasuke
Jushin Liger
Homicide

Among many others...
 JustaHobo
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/3/2006 7:00:49 PM
I remember the Days of Atlantic Grand Pre Wrestling , when Leaping Lanny , Macho Man Randy Savage.Big Stepehn Pettipas, The super Destroyer. The Cuban assian and his twin brother but he died I believe. Sweet Daddy Seke , the great malumba , Killer Karl Krupp. There were so many, my dad used to party with them at Comoes . Didnt get to see very much Stampede but enjoyed when I did.
 Stand alone
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2006 11:47:36 PM
Though in WWE and WCW, I would say Paul Roma an unknown. Mr. X was a good one too.

Some guys that I find a lot of fun to watch are:

Dan Paysan

Frankie the Mobster

Ruckus

Sabian

M Dogg 20

Delirious

Extremo

Colby 4.5

Mike (Unreal) Elgin

Kobra Kai

Cody Steele

Otis Idol

Tiana Ringer

Vanessa Savage

And a ton of others that I'm probably forgetting
 Ezzee
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/9/2006 10:07:37 AM
Paul Roma did Team with Jim Powers (Young Stallions,) Hercules (Power and Glory,) and Paul Orndorff (Pretty Wonderful.)
 Ryan Mac
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/15/2007 6:42:18 PM
at one time tito santana team up with rick martel they were known as "can-am" connection.

Actually, they were Strike Force. Martel and Tom Zenk were the Can-Am connection. I just felt like being a total geek. :P

Time to add some more to my list:

Mike Quackenbush
Larry Sweeney
Chris Hero
Jigsaw
Shane Storm
Gran Akuma
Hallowicked
UltraMantis Black
Corporal Robinson
JC Bailey (before he got busted for possession)
Mad Man Pondo
Toby Klein
Jun Kasai
Chuck Taylor
Eddie Kingston
Los Ice Creams
 Ryan Mac
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/16/2007 7:06:45 PM
Is Eddie Kingston also known as Kofi Kingston?

No, it's a different Kingston.
 Stand alone
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2007 7:34:48 PM
New favourite one:

El Generico (OLE!!)
 nipoleon
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2007 6:57:11 PM
A few old timers might remember Danny Hodge.
A wrestler of awesome strength, Danny Hodge's physical prowess was so great that often - for his fans at least - it overshadowed his tremendous skills. His grip could shatter a pair of pliers, could crush an apple into applesauce. Had he not studied and carefully utilized proper wrestling techniques, he might well have maimed his opponents instead of dominating them.

In the collegiate style of wrestling, he had no peer, indeed no challenger. He won every one of his 46 bouts for the University of Oklahoma, 36 of them by fall, an astonishing 78 percent. During his junior and senior years, he pinned 22 consecutive opponents. And no collegiate foe ever took him to the mat from standing position.

Three times a National Collegiate champion at 177 pounds, he twice was voted the outstanding wrestler of the NCAA tournament.

In one 10-day span in 1956, his junior year, Hodge won the NCAA title and National AAU championships in both Greco-Roman and freestyle, winning every bout in those tournaments by fall.

Twice he was an Olympic wrestler, placing fifth in 1952 in Helsinki before his college career started, and winning the silver medal in the 1956 Games at Melbourne. There, in the championship bout, he led his Bulgarian opponent by a wide margin when a controversial rolling fall was called against him.

Over five years starting in 1952, his only three defeats in any style of wrestling were administered by three Olympic champions, a Russian, an American, and a Bulgarian.

After his collegiate wrestling career, Dan Hodge won national Golden Gloves and National AAU championships in boxing, becoming the first athlete in more than 50 years to win national titles in both sports.

For his legendary achievements as a wrestler, Dan Allen Hodge was honoured as a Distinguished Member of the US National Wrestling Hall of Fame. (by courtesy of USA Wrestling)

In Danny's own words...."They usually exchange one glove even, but I wanted both pair because this was to make me the first person in the history of the world to hold both the National Wrestling and the National Boxing Championships . . . never losing an amateur wrestling match in college or boxing match. I had nine months of professional boxing. I won eight out of ten boxing matches and was rated eleventh when I decided to quit boxing and return to my first love of wrestling. I entered the professional wrestling ranks in the fall of 1959. After two months I was hurt by Angelo Savoldi and was paralyzed about two and a half months. I started over again in five months. I defeated Angelo in the Stockyards Coliseum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, on July 22, 1960, to become the thirteenth wrestler to win the World's Junior Heavyweight Title. This was the goal I had for myself. This title I held for fifteen years. There was only one other wrestler to hold it for thirteen years. That was LeRoy McQuirk. LeRoy had had leukemia when he was five years old and had his right eye remove. Then he lost the other eye in a car wreck down by Little Rock, Arkansas, which left him blind. This ended his wrestling career as a wrestler, but not as a promoter. He became one of the largest wrestling promoters in the south central states. In my professional wrestling I won all of the southern, middle, and northern state titles. When I became the world champion I had to forget all of these. I have been hurt many, many times . . . cut, burned, broken hands, stomped so that I couldn't hit back at those that hit me, ribs broken, stomped in the stomach, and several car wrecks. But I never gave up. All the fans would say, "Just wait until Danny gets back, he will take care of you and shut your mouth and he will whip you with one hand tied behind him." You know, it was a pleasure to be World Champion, everyone looked up to you. It has been said by many people, "Danny, you are a wrestler's wrestler." I lost the title five times and regained it back six."

from Mid-South Wrestling news.
 fginto
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/12/2007 8:23:31 PM
"leaping" lanny poffo. he used to recite poems and throw frisbees into the crowd.
Classic :D
 Gaelan99
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/3/2009 10:01:46 PM
I know this thread is old but Isaac Yankem dds goes by the name of Kane now.
 vbxtc
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2009 8:19:51 PM
The most talented wrestler to never truly get "over", Hugh Morris.
 TO1983
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/6/2009 4:30:15 AM
Any wrestler starting after 1990 just didn't have the classic feel (and thus was not as good as) the "Old Timers".

At work, we still occasionally throw around a "thumbs up" and a "hoooooooooooo". Thank you Jim Duggin!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >