Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > is it ok to laugh at the handicaped?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bcboy72
Msg: 17
view profile
History
is it ok to laugh at the handicaped?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

being on here as long as we have makes us handicapped.

Amen.

If you can't laugh at everyone, including yourself, it is a sad world we live in.

Though, now I am purposely cruising the streets near Brads place looking for puddles and when he might walk by....
 dnorona
Msg: 18
is it ok to laugh at the handicaped?
Posted: 5/26/2006 7:09:46 PM
On a serious note, the disabled are pampered a bit too much. The special parking is a bit much expecially since it is always unused. We waste too many resources on a few people who either were careless and got injured or have a genetic disorder and should never have been born. Pretty soon the entire population will be disabled if we keep rewarding people for being disabled. Not to mention that half the disabled are frauds just looking for free money and free pity.
 tcvic
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2006 7:44:49 PM
haha a similar thing happened to my buddy...a bunch of us were drinkin in the back yard, playing frisbee and stuff, it was dusk, so it was startin to get dark out.....

he he he the guy bolts across the yard after this frisbee, runs into a clothesline that was really hard to see, catches him right at the neck....

He went down so hard hahah flat on his back........it was friggin hilarious!!
 wouldashouldacoulda
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/26/2006 7:48:39 PM
i laughed at the nucks all year...

nothin wrong with that...

hotrod.. i also laugh at your brother...
 vancouver40
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/26/2006 7:55:46 PM
if it was bad to laugh at handicapped people would there be any blonde jokes?
 andiedandie
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/26/2006 8:07:31 PM
OMG Galacia...we have got to talk girl!! lol... my aunt, uncle & cousins have been in Orangeville for over 30 yrs... I'm sure you know them considering my aunt taught elementary school there... and think your about my cousin's age!! lol message me...and we'll see!!
EDIT...now you really have to contact me...once again...I hate it when I'm not "their type" lol...I've added you to my favourites anways...dare ya to contact me now!! rofl

disabled are pampered a bit too much

Wow...are you really this ignorant!! I know Spud & myself have talked about this extensively... and boy are you an a$$ lol Both he & I are on disability... he has an obvious physical disability... I on the other hand... you would not think I am... however... on top of having FM & ME...I recently had 2 ribs cracked, torn muscles & broncitis... on top of already having chronic illnesses.... Spud has encouraged me to get a SPARK tag before...and now even more so... I am not a believer of using it all the time... there are days that I can manage to park in a regular spot...but given my recent circumstances.... I have needed to be closer to an entrance...for doc appt, drug store....not to mention regular errands that are done day to day...

I often have noticed...people that are not disabled...take the liberty to park in the disabled spots..as they are "friggin lazy"... I have no qwerks or quams about speakin up and telling them those spots are not reserved for them... in fact...just today... a big @$$ truck flew up with 2 young guys into a disabled spot... because they wanted to go into the m & m meat store...and the entrance was right in front of the spot they parked in... I didn't say anthing today..as I was feeling really crappy.... but..it pisses me off...to think there are people out there with your mentatility......until you've walked a mile in someones shoes that is disabled...or know someone that is disabled...don't even bother commenting on the fact that its a waste of tax payers money!!
 bcboy72
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2006 8:10:39 PM

My brother is handicaped i laugh at him all the time.

Wow...see, there are disallusioned people that don't even know it...I feel for them...then push them in puddles..

hotrod.. i also laugh at your brother...

Ok...so this guy named Mark walks into a bar..."ouch"....enough said.
 wouldashouldacoulda
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/26/2006 8:55:14 PM
Ok...so this guy named Mark walks into a bar..."ouch"....enough said.

expwain this one my fwend
 u2andme
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/27/2006 8:38:25 AM
Hey man, If we can't laugh at our selfs or others, what the point of living. As long as it's all in fun. I smirk to myself all the time. Pointing and laughing out loud draws attention to yourself, you become the issue then, if that's what you want have fun. Peace. Laughter is the medicine for the soul.
 Kid Wicked
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/27/2006 11:33:47 AM
a face in the crowd doesn't "get it".

the whole point of this thread is completly lost on you.

let me simplfy:

don't treat the handicaped any different than you would treat anybody else.let them feel like they're part of the crowd,not outsiders.
 Draxx
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/27/2006 11:36:39 AM
Post 46 exactly what my young daughter said.....
 Kid Wicked
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/27/2006 7:28:16 PM
if somebody started crying because they steped in dog sh*t i'd think,"what a p*ssy.it's only poop."

if i steped in it,i would expect people to laugh at me.it's funny.

if you can't laugh at yourself you shouldn't laugh at others.

here's another one:

a handicaped comedian is on stage.but he isn't funny.do you laugh to be polite?
 phatjesus
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2006 9:09:30 PM
okay, didn't read the whole thread but...

crazy needs somebody to help her get that sand out of her vajina!!!

Also, excuse me if it's been said, but: "sometimes I park in handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces, I'm an a$$hole ee ole eeoeooooleeee!!"

OT. My father taught special ed for a while we voted a mentally challenged kid for our gr 12 mr. congeniality in high school, plus I lived with a paraplegic... but....

Sometimes those retards do some pretty funny shiat... even their own parents and teachers can't help but smirk and sometimes it can't be held back

/2 flaming one way tickets to hell and back please!!
 RandyRockit
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2006 11:09:22 PM
My third leg is a handicap,,i need a forklift to pee!
I have heard the best wheel chair jokes from people i know in a chair for life.
 DC1193AZ
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 2:32:25 PM
Having a handicap myself, I just want to be treated like everyone else.
 rockondon
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 4:46:14 PM
what's the hardest part about eatting a vegetable?
.....the wheelchair.

I make jokes about everybody, especially myself. If I were to put to stop joking about a certain group of people that, to me, would be a kind of prejudice.

As an aside, right now I'm looking after people with mental illness and on my shift, making fun of each other is encouraged.
 charmed2008
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:13:52 PM
My child is considered moderately to severely intellectually and cognitively disabled. He does some crazy a$$, laugh inducing, bound to make you pee yourself sort of sh!t. If I was unable to find even a wee bit of humor in much of the crap (sometimes literally) I deal with as his parent, I would go stark, raving mad.

I am an equal opportunity 'laugher'. Mentally impaired, disabled, handicapped - physically or otherwise - I will laugh at you if your antics are indeed laugh worthy.
 jspudotoole
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 10:40:23 PM
Unless its found to be funny for some reason by the person that just got splashed, then by all means laugh along with the poor guy. But if the person in question is helpless/defenceless and could use some friendly assistance from a fellow pedestrian, that in it self isn't funny to me in my eyes. And in my view it doesn't matter whether said person is abled or dis abled.
 Whiskey Woman
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 1:36:40 AM
Brilliant thread when you finally understand where the author was going. Who is Kid Wicked anyway?
I have a handicapped friend that is always the butt of a joke(never because of his handicap), but he always shoots right back. We don't treat him any different than anyone else.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:19:26 AM
Well said Spuddyboy...and welcome back!

I am a tad sensitive about jokes like this... I really don't see the humour in it.

I am a tad sensitive cos I am a woman of colour an I have had a fair number of racist leaning 'jokes' launched my way over the years..and told it was 'Just a Joke' and to lighten up about it.

It gets a bit old after a while...if you find something funny go for it..laugh..but really not funny if it is hurtful or at the expense of someone in a demeaning way.
 Dr. Gazebo
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/27/2009 2:13:26 PM
For replying to this troll thread I give all of you "idiot of the month" award. Why are you responding to a 5 year old poster?
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 4:35:40 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You Blinked!!!!!

..................and you responded!

It is difficult to start a new thread as we have to trace back to see if it is redundant.....so we bring back old threads.

as for laughing at the handicapped...well believe it or not I have met a lot of jerks who find this sporting....and do partake in such juvenile and idiotic behaviour.
 charmed2008
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:25:06 PM
"how could you NOT laugh at some guy screaming out "i poop my pants firetruck ***hole" in Safeway? LOL "

Sorry. I got a little crazy when I saw that bananas are up to 79 cents/lb.
 Whiskey Woman
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2009 1:00:09 AM

For replying to this troll thread I give all of you "idiot of the month" award. Why are you responding to a 5 year old poster?

And you get the idiot of the year award for both sentence construction and basic math.

1) You're saying the poster (Kid Wicked) is 5 years old. I doubt a 5 year old can come up with the thought provoking thread that you read.
2) That's not what you meant? You meant the post (thread) is 5 years old?
2009-2006= 3 years.
3)# Troll Thread/Post or Offensive Topic Matter
Any series of Messages from a Poster who is set on causing Conflict or provoking other Posters.
The posting of gross, disgusting and revolting Subject Matter, etc.

Looks like the only one trolling here is you.
I don't know where you went to school, but I'd ask for a refund.
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/28/2009 11:45:03 AM
Aaaarrrrgggghhh!!! I think the title of this thread is handicapped.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > is it ok to laugh at the handicaped?