Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > is it ok to laugh at the handicaped?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dyan
Msg: 51
is it ok to laugh at the handicaped?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
[qoute] I think laughing at anyones misfortune is in bad taste, and shows not only lack of character, but lack of class.

Crazy_blonde...have you never been in a situation where someone gets hurt, but the way they got hurt was utterly hilarious? For example..my friend 'suzy' was running into her BF's basement suite..she forgot the deck was low, and instead of going down the stairs and ducking..she simply ran..her forehead smaked the deck, and she was literally parallel to the ground and fell. It was straight out of a cartoon. I felt bad for 'suzy' but at the same time..couldn't help laughing my a$$ off. Does that mean I lack character and class? I mean come on it was hilarious..and she would have laughed at me! I know it!

O/T I do not think it is OK to laugh AT a handicapped person, but if you are viewing a situiation ..not the person then hell yeah laugh. I mean if its funny, it doesn't matter 'who' or what color or handicap a person has..its a funny SITUATION!!
Just my opinion
 tcvic
Msg: 52
view profile
History
is it ok to laugh at the handicaped?
Posted: 5/26/2006 7:44:49 PM
haha a similar thing happened to my buddy...a bunch of us were drinkin in the back yard, playing frisbee and stuff, it was dusk, so it was startin to get dark out.....

he he he the guy bolts across the yard after this frisbee, runs into a clothesline that was really hard to see, catches him right at the neck....

He went down so hard hahah flat on his back........it was friggin hilarious!!
 whodeletedme
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/26/2006 7:47:59 PM
dn
We waste too many resources on a few people who ......... have a genetic disorder and should never have been born.

OMFG! are you serious? speaking of people with REAL handicaps!
 wouldashouldacoulda
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/26/2006 7:48:39 PM
i laughed at the nucks all year...

nothin wrong with that...

hotrod.. i also laugh at your brother...
 galacia
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/26/2006 7:55:19 PM

my uncle lives in Orangeville... they've had a "home" for people that are mentally challenged... the folks in the home have gotten the name... "The LUNCH BOX CREW".... they walk up and down the street ...with their lunch boxes...always ready for a snack...when ever that urge to eat strikes....

Funny! I grew up in Orangeville and went to public and high school with some of the "Lunch Box Crew". Let me tell you, there's a group of folks who know how to laugh at themselves.
btw - the South Park where Timmy and Jimmy had their fight? One of the funniest ever. And the one when they joined the 'Crips? Funny!
 vancouver40
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/26/2006 7:55:46 PM
if it was bad to laugh at handicapped people would there be any blonde jokes?
 andiedandie
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/26/2006 8:07:31 PM
OMG Galacia...we have got to talk girl!! lol... my aunt, uncle & cousins have been in Orangeville for over 30 yrs... I'm sure you know them considering my aunt taught elementary school there... and think your about my cousin's age!! lol message me...and we'll see!!
EDIT...now you really have to contact me...once again...I hate it when I'm not "their type" lol...I've added you to my favourites anways...dare ya to contact me now!! rofl

disabled are pampered a bit too much

Wow...are you really this ignorant!! I know Spud & myself have talked about this extensively... and boy are you an a$$ lol Both he & I are on disability... he has an obvious physical disability... I on the other hand... you would not think I am... however... on top of having FM & ME...I recently had 2 ribs cracked, torn muscles & broncitis... on top of already having chronic illnesses.... Spud has encouraged me to get a SPARK tag before...and now even more so... I am not a believer of using it all the time... there are days that I can manage to park in a regular spot...but given my recent circumstances.... I have needed to be closer to an entrance...for doc appt, drug store....not to mention regular errands that are done day to day...

I often have noticed...people that are not disabled...take the liberty to park in the disabled spots..as they are "friggin lazy"... I have no qwerks or quams about speakin up and telling them those spots are not reserved for them... in fact...just today... a big @$$ truck flew up with 2 young guys into a disabled spot... because they wanted to go into the m & m meat store...and the entrance was right in front of the spot they parked in... I didn't say anthing today..as I was feeling really crappy.... but..it pisses me off...to think there are people out there with your mentatility......until you've walked a mile in someones shoes that is disabled...or know someone that is disabled...don't even bother commenting on the fact that its a waste of tax payers money!!
 bcboy72
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2006 8:10:39 PM

My brother is handicaped i laugh at him all the time.

Wow...see, there are disallusioned people that don't even know it...I feel for them...then push them in puddles..

hotrod.. i also laugh at your brother...

Ok...so this guy named Mark walks into a bar..."ouch"....enough said.
 wouldashouldacoulda
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/26/2006 8:55:14 PM
Ok...so this guy named Mark walks into a bar..."ouch"....enough said.

expwain this one my fwend
 Islandsugar
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/26/2006 9:07:52 PM
Only when your stealing thier parking spaces

Now before you all attack me... I AM TOTALLY KIDDING... BREATHE
 hotrod77
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/27/2006 12:10:07 AM
I am not disallusioned....
 A limited addition
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/27/2006 2:46:33 AM
Wow I'm amazed this thread has gone on this long. I work with handicapped people in a school setting, and maybe we should all learn a lesson from the children that are growing up in this very interesting world.

The other day, one of are austisic kids were running around in the playground, he tripped well running, and landed right in a puddle soaked from head to toe, I felt bad but knew he had clothes in the classroom he could change into, but the kid who saw it happen wasn't privy to that info, and asked if it would be okay if the austisic child could wear something of his, I guess he also had spare clothes in the school. He didn't laugh he just showed concern for a fellow human being.....yes when stuff like that happens are instinct is to laugh, just remember how you would feel in the same scenario, laughing at a person or laughing in your mind with the person, at the end of the day is still laughing at others misfortune.

One of are kids has the perfect comeback written on his shirt

"you laugh at me because you think I'm different, I laugh at you because your all the same".

Think about that one.
 thumper*
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/27/2006 8:27:34 AM
kid wicked, I did get it, I was just writing a story that happened to me, that's all...

All my life I lived with a physically challanged person...my Grampa, he had one leg since he was 5 years old...so I know what its all about...and he wasnt handicapped by the way...the man did everything anyone else could do, if not better...

my point...all thru his life things would happen to him...he used wooden crutches...with rubber ends on them...almost every week when he was golfing, he would be there on the course, only using one crutch to swing...and of course it would go flying out from under him...us as kids lol all the time at him...and he lol too...

one time at the marina the wooden docks were so wet, well, he went for a swim...after we pulled him out we all had a great laugh...so ya, as long as no one is hurt...LAUGH OUT LOUD!
 u2andme
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/27/2006 8:38:25 AM
Hey man, If we can't laugh at our selfs or others, what the point of living. As long as it's all in fun. I smirk to myself all the time. Pointing and laughing out loud draws attention to yourself, you become the issue then, if that's what you want have fun. Peace. Laughter is the medicine for the soul.
 Kid Wicked
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/27/2006 11:33:47 AM
a face in the crowd doesn't "get it".

the whole point of this thread is completly lost on you.

let me simplfy:

don't treat the handicaped any different than you would treat anybody else.let them feel like they're part of the crowd,not outsiders.
 Draxx
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/27/2006 11:36:39 AM
Post 46 exactly what my young daughter said.....
 c note
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/27/2006 11:39:07 AM
Sure, as long as you're not laughing at them simply because they ARE handicapped.

I've only ever been in one situation with a handicapped person that made me laugh. I was in the second grade, and she flashed my friends and I during recess. She was standing in the middle of the street, walking backwards, flipping her top up and down. She wasn't wearing a bra. She was laughing, and so were we.

First pair of bewbies I ever saw.
 Hal 9000
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/27/2006 12:25:34 PM
I saw a handicapped person flying high on medication, waving his hands all over the place, that got on the bus and was ecorted by a handicap helper. The handicapped helper had no leash and the handicapped man sidled up to the closest female stranger, and startled her by mounting her leg, moaning and thrusting with his pelvis with a smile of exstasy on his face. The handicapped helper apologized to the poor woman and all aboard were either visibly shocked or had suppressed smiles on their faces. Ever since, I've concealed a fear of the handicapped.
 A limited addition
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/27/2006 2:25:47 PM
I get it more than you know.

"Is it ok to laugh at handicapped people?", ignorant question to being with. Wheather your handicapped or not being laughed at for your misfortunes, leaves you with a feeling of embrassment. If you can laugh at yourself in the process great more power to you. Most in this world can't.

Let me throw a question at you Kid Wicked.

You have clearly decided that it's okay to laugh at someones misfortunes wheather their handicapped or not. Would you still be laughing at them, if your mocking them at a time of embrassment redused them to tears.
 whodeletedme
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/27/2006 7:23:33 PM
oh hell I have been embarrassed many many times even to the point of tears,. at my OWN stupidity and it's still funny.
Taunting/embarrassing to the point of tears isn't that is a different topic,. that is called BULLYING.
 whodeletedme
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/27/2006 7:23:39 PM
oops double post sorry,..... how embarrassing LOL
 Kid Wicked
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/27/2006 7:28:16 PM
if somebody started crying because they steped in dog sh*t i'd think,"what a p*ssy.it's only poop."

if i steped in it,i would expect people to laugh at me.it's funny.

if you can't laugh at yourself you shouldn't laugh at others.

here's another one:

a handicaped comedian is on stage.but he isn't funny.do you laugh to be polite?
 whodeletedme
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/27/2006 7:37:23 PM
depends,... are they a professional and how much are they getting paid?

At a benefit to be supportive, probably yup,... all in the effort. but then again I may do that for anyone TRYING,... tough job. As long as they aren't just crude,... that isn't funny.
 valhallaguy
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/27/2006 8:21:32 PM

We waste too many resources on a few people who ......... have a genetic disorder and should never have been born.

Oh my F%^%N' god!
WE live in a liberal society. One where those that have help those that don't. And as much of a redneck as I am there is a certain obligation society has towards those who are less fortunate.

Now I may be crossing the line by saying "If they abuse it pull it!" but that is how i feel and at least we offered!

sincerely your redneck,
Jn
 phatjesus
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2006 9:09:30 PM
okay, didn't read the whole thread but...

crazy needs somebody to help her get that sand out of her vajina!!!

Also, excuse me if it's been said, but: "sometimes I park in handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces, I'm an a$$hole ee ole eeoeooooleeee!!"

OT. My father taught special ed for a while we voted a mentally challenged kid for our gr 12 mr. congeniality in high school, plus I lived with a paraplegic... but....

Sometimes those retards do some pretty funny shiat... even their own parents and teachers can't help but smirk and sometimes it can't be held back

/2 flaming one way tickets to hell and back please!!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > is it ok to laugh at the handicaped?