Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you think about a first date at the cemetery?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OceanWanderer
Msg: 76
What do you think about a first date at the cemetery?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I went to a couple of cemeteries with my ex girlfriend...

The first was kind of sad as our family priest - a good friend of our family was buried there along with a few of my friends from school, it was a very poignant moment for me. The other was where Shakespeare is buried in Stratford - we walked along the river.

She slid down the embankment and almost fell in the river...I caught her, but she almost knocked me in. Luckily being a fairly big guy, I managed to catch myself. I digress. I think being in a cemetery can show you a whole different side of a person that you may otherwise never get to see - it can be a very enlightening experience.

I'm not sure I would use that as a "date" idea - it could be perceived as being a little creepy, but if you want to see the sensitive side of someone...well, me, then this would do it. Not that I hide my sensitive side that much.
 OceanWanderer
Msg: 77
What do you think about a first date at the cemetery?
Posted: 6/30/2006 9:30:17 AM

Arlington National Cemetary.......Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

I've been there before and it made me cry. I never felt so insignificant as I did standing amongst row after row after row of tomstones. I don't like people that shove what veterans did for for freedom down my throat every day - but that day - I saluted them, every one.

It makes me cry just thinking about it.
 Szyrina
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/30/2006 9:59:33 AM
I don't mind walking through cemetaries. I have done it many times with my dog for the tranquility but FIRST DATE @ a cemetary?? Talk about creepy!! Was he scouting for the perfect spot for you two to lie in peace one day??

stephyg
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/30/2006 10:12:11 AM
Actually Heart BReaker Salt Shaker it is funny that this post caught my eye...i myself recently met someone of POF for the first time and we went for a drive around his city of Sarnia...ended up at a very large cemetary which i did not find creepy at all..it was nice and quiet..dark and it really actually helped me not be so shy..i Loved it and we walked and talked and had a good time....I am dating him now THANK GOD bc i really like this man.....and i always remeber what my mother told me..Dont be scared of the dead its the living that can hurt you...SO TRUE!!!
 october-sky
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/30/2006 4:49:18 PM
I think the date or adventure you went on sounds interesting. A few friends of mine and myself like to visit the cemetery for a walk, to check out the old tombstones, or sometimes i do go to sit awhile on a bench and write. It is a peaceful place.

Since the two of you started to get a little creeped out and left together i dont see where he could be that odd. I find that he was being open minded, interesting, creative perhaps.

My one friend and i used to go and sit under this old weeping willow tree. He would bring his flute and play a few tunes very quietly. The sound of the flute was outstanding in the cemetery.

Have you seen this guy again? What are his other interests? If you felt comfortable with him, by all means try a second date.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/29/2006 10:39:17 AM
Just the title of this thread is sick.
Well, at least you got Halloween coming up !!
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2006 7:19:10 AM
No joking aside . If the first date was at Arlington National that would be impressive. That is a very historic cemetery and the person probably shows he/she has some intellect about themselves
 verisimilitude1
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/1/2006 9:31:26 AM
Interesting thread.

I don't think there's anything too weird about going to a cemetery for a date. I live not too far from one of the largest and most historic cemeteries in the Toronto area. Tonnes of people go for walks through it all the time. I've wandered through it with friends a few times as well. It's quiet, serene, and perfect for talking and getting to know someone.

And if this guy turns out to be "the one", that's one pretty cool first date story you can tell people when you get older.

Now, if he had taken you there at 2 in the morning with a backpack full of crosses, silver stakes, and holy water, that's a totally different situation ... .
 october-sky
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:15:28 PM
..dont forget the cloves of garlic too

even though i have already answered this thread quite awhile ago..its great to see others have dropped by..tis the Halloween season upon us..and i find nothing wrong with going for a walk in the cemetery.

As already mentioned by the last person who posted..if it was at 2am or some odd hour of the night - then i would NOt be going to the cemetery for a first date.

When we were younger we would go to the cemetery ...get that unsuspecting friend in the car with us - go for a little drive - and have a scary good laugh. Does this mean i need psychological help?
 Frau Bl├╝cher
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:24:08 PM
I like cemetaries, they are peaceful and historic. I think a great one to visit would be Hollywood Forever in California.
 sweet sensations
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:34:59 PM
That's too wierd for me.. but hey I had someone pick me up at a funeral home once.... we still remain friends today....
 aventurero
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:42:16 PM
That sounds like a cool date, cemetaries can be fascinating places of history. My problem is the banshees would molest me.
 hadalife
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:43:47 PM
There is no way on earth am I doing a date thing in a cemetery......nope...nope...hell nope
 OpieDopey
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2006 5:50:11 PM
great idea,,our town has a Talking Tombstone event each year round now,, people recreate the stories of some of those who have passed on..it was yesterday,,i had a fantasy bout the guy playing the preacher who was struck down by lightening,,while sweeping the church.
 Brownsugar1313
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2006 5:52:24 AM
My grandmother lives right beside a cemetary and as kids we used to go in there to play, sometimes we would fall sleep on the graves.....so for me that would b eno big deal because I'm used to it and to be honest I think with the world the way it is today I would feel much safer in a cemetary on a date than at a mall or in a theatre.....too many people getting shot.......and for the stupidest reasons.....

Cemetary love connections...bring it on

phoenix_devil
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/31/2006 11:23:55 AM
Well I like cemetaries -- nice real estate, neighbors are quiet.

Actually I have gone on a few group dates by going to cemetaries. There are some that I have been to that date back to before the Revolutionary War and the tombstones are so faded, you cant make out the lettering.

I think people who are into cemetaries show a certain quality about themselves. Yes, for those who are conventional, it may sound sick and twisted. But, I am not conventional. And I am a cheap date who would rather look at the nature of things than the evils surrounding every day.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2006 11:26:13 PM

There is no way on earth am I doing a date thing in a cemetery......nope...nope...hell nope

*frantically replanning our first date...*
 nomenome
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/1/2006 12:06:07 AM
well, to each their own. it would'nt have been how i wanted to spend my time on a date, but if you were happy and he was happy, and no one vandalized anything while you were there, then no harm, no foul. lots of us will end up there sooner or later anyway.......lol
 Hottest_of_the_Hot
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/3/2006 4:30:56 AM
I'm a weird one...I think cemeteries have a relaxing, ethereal quality to them so I can appreciate a date like that. It's unique, different and interesting. Besides, it doesn't matter where the place is as long as you truly enjoyed his company.....
 Wolves-Lower
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2006 5:08:56 AM
I love cemeteries!
The ancient ones with tons of history.
So I actually think it would be cool!
 nick viscera
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/6/2009 2:35:33 PM
i work at a funeral home... girls expect it
 EyesWideOpen66
Msg: 97
Posted: 4/6/2009 2:45:01 PM
I was going to say, CREEPY!! But if it's a historic kind of place... then I think that's kind of neat... show's he put some thought into it, probably thought he'd try something creative. I'd say it got you thinking, didn't it? That was probably the goal.

Go out with him again, but if he shows up with rope and a shovel... RUNNNN!
 lovinlivin77
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/6/2009 2:51:16 PM
I don't believe it would be inappropriate. Cemeteries are often very beautiful, and can be quite a pleasant place to take a stroll. I just recently took a long walk in one of the coolest cemeteries imaginable, (check it out, for those who have never seen a "really" cool cemetery , www.pere-lachaise.com ) and would actually take someone there on a first date myself if they were alright with it. Got to see Jim Morrisons grave and headstone, that and many other famous people. Saw lots of things that would make for good conversation.
 baker1972
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/6/2009 3:05:24 PM
well if you would have done it around halloween i wouldn't think it to be as odd...what was the reasoning for going there? i think its a little odd.
 Eenk
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/6/2009 4:25:31 PM
Did he ask you to bring a shovel and lube?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you think about a first date at the cemetery?