Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lynney
Msg: 13
view profile
History
What replaces ephedra?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

There are a numerous amount of epherdra free fat burners on the market now such as Lipo-6, or Hydroxycut. Both work great, really liked the Lipo-6 product found that i got the best results form it. Dont foregt to eat a sensible diet and exercise to get the results you want. Good luck

i tried Lipo-6, and couldn't sleep with only half the recommended dosage! same thing with another fat burner, it was called Tight!.

i would not recommend ANY fat burners, just plain old exercise and diet. my experience with them was too bad.
 Inga007
Msg: 24
Hot Rox...
Posted: 6/18/2006 4:20:37 PM
ummmm.....Endorphins...
 Inga007
Msg: 25
Hot Rox...
Posted: 6/18/2006 4:24:27 PM
Healthy food & excersise promote ^^^^^^^them in colaboration with ALL body systems..
>>> >>> >>>

cryingdestiny
Msg: 27
What replaces ephedra?
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:53:49 PM
Well ... I dont know what other people have experienced while taking ephedrine or products containing it but its helped me a lot and I think that it is safe if you use it right. I mean ... If you have heart problems like hypertension, high blood pressure etc ... its common sense, you shouldnt use anything that makes your heart work harder. And taking the precautions like talking to your doctor before using it is important too. I think its totally safe and helps a lot if used correctly and not abused. Some people take over 100 mg a day of the stuff and thats just crazy. Thats the kind of people that give it a bad name. I dont exceed 25 mg ephedrine a day.
 cryingdestiny
Msg: 28
What replaces ephedra?
Posted: 6/20/2006 9:11:01 PM
Ya, I mean .. i think 8 mg if your taking it before each meal 3 times, but 25 max. a day i should find the links where i read this to back up me up lol
 cryingdestiny
Msg: 29
What replaces ephedra?
Posted: 6/21/2006 6:00:20 PM
Yup, I agree with ya
I think you gotta listen to your body
Always take precautions
 techgirl27
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Hot Rox...
Posted: 11/20/2007 9:50:19 AM
Ephedra IS legal, but only in tablets and "recommended" doses of 10mg or less. Like any other drug including aspirin, antibiotics, laxatives, etc, they will pose problems for people who use them inconsistent with their true intention and instructions, so "overkill" was the response in this case. But it really is the only thing that is proven to work. Read more here http://www.ephedratalk.com/ .

The tired old saying "its as simple as diet and exercise" doesnt work for most people beacuse our metabolisms are damaged from restrictive dieting.

Most of the ephedra-free supplements are a big joke and scam, but I did get a little help from Metabofire.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 32
What replaces ephedra?
Posted: 11/20/2007 10:59:26 PM

I know it makes my heart rate go from a normal 90 beats/min to 115/min.....can you imagine those that take it and do sports that would normally raise heart rate anyway????? Those people that died probably had it go up to 150/180 or more beats!!!!!
um, my *normal* as in resting heartrate is around 68. I routinely get a heartrate over 180 and maintain that for a prolonged period if I go running. Now, all this is without ephedrine/ephedra, but a heart rate of 150 isn't likley to kill anyone younger than 70...
 techgirl27
Msg: 33
view profile
History
What replaces ephedra?
Posted: 11/23/2007 6:43:17 PM
I get up to the 140-150 zone all the time when exercising.

You need to be careful not to get too close to your maximum (safe) heart rate for your age. Subtract your age from 220 to get it. So for me it would be about 185.

anything in the top 20 percent is whats called the protein utilization range, it is so intense that it draws needed fuel from your muscle tissue and thats not what most people want.

The FUR (fat utilization range) is usually in the 60-70% range.
 techgirl27
Msg: 35
view profile
History
What replaces ephedra?
Posted: 11/25/2007 7:13:20 PM
tell that to someone who is on high blood pressure medication. or a guy who is taking something for ED.
 Christopher93
Msg: 39
What replaces ephedra?
Posted: 3/14/2008 1:23:37 AM
Why take ephedra when you can take ephedrine-HCl?

The 5 other alkaloids in ephedra (other than ephedrine) do next to nothing for body fat loss and just screw with your heart, lungs, and nervous system.

That and because of the extraction process from one batch to the next ephedrine and the 5 ephedrine-like alkoids are found in completely different amounts and proportions to any other batch. There's really no consistency at all to the content of your ephedra pills.

Plus, if you do some digging, you'll find that damn near every last one of those "ephedrine deaths" were actually linked to herbal ephedra.

In closing: ephedrine > ephedra.

You can still buy ephedrine as a "nasal decongestant" in 8mg tablets. You just gotta know where to look.

Other than that, the variety of forskolin products out there seem promising.

- Christopher93
 ericasdad
Msg: 43
view profile
History
What replaces ephedra?
Posted: 3/28/2008 8:52:58 AM
I reccommend iodine. I read a couple of books that really blew my mind.

"Iodine-Why you need it-Why you can't live without it" by David Brownstein, M.D.; and "Breast Cancer and Iodine" by David Derry MD PhD. The mainland Japanese get about 10,000 times the rda in all the seaweed they eat. They have the lowest incidence of cancer of the breasts ovaries uterus and prostate in the world. AND THEY DON'T GET FAT!!!!! Derry's book goes ito great detail about how before 1973 doctors would listen to their female patients and give them whole dessicated thyroid. They would keep increasing the dose as long as they said they felt better, had more energy, and lost weight (reasons why metabolife was so popular). When the next increased caused hot flashes or palpitations, they reduced the dose. In 1973 TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone ) levels replaced listening to the patients. TSH is secreter by the pituitary to stimulate the thyroid to work but the thyroid can't make it's hormones without iodine. We have plenty of TSH in our blood, but WE'RE STILL HYPOTHYROID!!!! GET THE BOOKS IT'LL BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!
 satx78218
Msg: 44
view profile
History
What replaces ephedra?
Posted: 3/28/2008 3:23:31 PM
Synthetic appetite suppressors and metabolism boosters are really not the way to go. Just because that stuff is available doesn't mean it's any good or should be used.

Run a gentle, daily caloric deficit. The weight will come off, with your natural, base metabolism burning more than you are consuming.

Cut the carbs way down, esp the empty carbs, and watch hunger not be problem after a week or so as your body adapts. Cinnamon and fenugreek seeds will help stabilize glucose, assuming you quit bombing your body with high glycemic, fast, emtpy carbs.

Losing/maintaining weight is so fncking simple but everybody gets lost in the commercial/medical babble and complicates the hell out of it. Result? The country keeps getting fatter and fatter.
 satx78218
Msg: 45
view profile
History
What replaces ephedra?
Posted: 3/28/2008 3:33:42 PM
.... and sicker.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >