Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kabiosile
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Do Women really avoid Scorpio's???Page 4 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)

I live far from everyone ~ it's an 18 hr drive to Toronto, and that's in the same province

ouch that has to be tough. Why not move?

I don't put much stock into horoscopes, either (I prefer runes ~ much more exact) ~

I prefer a form of divination..

Aquarians are the worst, though! always trying to douse us fire signs

Yeah being an air sign aquarians probably wont pay you enough attention that you thrive on madam leo. :)
 Sixxshooter
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Do Women really avoid Scorpio's???
Posted: 9/24/2006 3:55:19 PM
Player Name ___________________________

NFL Schedule
Week 3

Pks. Away Team Home Team
_________ Packers Lions
_________ Jaguars Colts
_________ Jets Bills
_________ Titans Dolphins
_________ Redskins Texans
_________ Ravens Browns
_________ Giants Seahawks
_________ Eagles 49er's
_________ Rams Cardinals
_________ Broncos Patriots

Monday Nite Game

_________ Falcons Saints

Mon. Total Points: _______

Pick Sheets are due by Fri.
 Sixxshooter
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2006 3:57:54 PM
Sorry people this was suppose to be about Scorpios likes and dislike for those of you that dont know how we can be and some how my football games for the week got in here lol
 JohnnyPopper
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/25/2006 3:16:10 AM
I am a scorpio and knowing all about astrology and zodiac signs I still dont avoid scorpios even knowing that two scorpios shouldn't be together.

Hahaha I gotta laugh at that remark!! My wife and I were BOTH born on the same day (5 years apart) and we were both Scorpios.. We were married on our Birthday and we were married for almost 31 years. I am now a widower OR we would still be together!!
Zodiac signs mean nuthin' unless ya want um too!
I wonder if my buddie Charlie-babe is a "Scorp"... Hmmmmmmmm....
 kabiosile
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2006 10:01:48 AM

Hahaha I gotta laugh at that remark!! My wife and I were BOTH born on the same day (5 years apart) and we were both Scorpios.. We were married on our Birthday and we were married for almost 31 years. I am now a widower OR we would still be together!!
Zodiac signs mean nuthin' unless ya want um too!
I wonder if my buddie Charlie-babe is a "Scorp"... Hmmmmmmmm....

Actually this proves astrology not disproves scorpios togther make a GREAT pair on the average. The person who said they dont. Has NO clue what they are talking about. Sorry to hear about your loss. GLAD to hear you guys had a wonderful life together. only catch 2 scorpios have to watch out for is they just have to watch and make sure they dont go negative on each other. Actually IMHO the BEST match for a scorpio is another one. NO one understands them more.

PS even though she is not with you physically she is still with you.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 176
Posted: 9/25/2006 11:35:27 AM
I think the men are different than the women. My mom was a Scorpio, ugh...that's another thread. Let's just say I can see why men avoid them.

Anyway I tend to attract Scorpios. Dated three that I can remember. Upside: very passionate and romantic, laid back, great sense of humor and great in bed, downside: jealous, extremely emotional and sometimes just depressing. I also noticed (maybe just the ones I dated) that they will avoid confrontation to the point of actually not talking to you for two days...it was impossible to have a logical conversation about the relationship without a tantrum or a phone being hung up.

I am a Gemini, I take stuff lightly and I try to find fun in everything. To me if no one's dying there's no need for a lot of emotional reaction. I can interrupt an argument and just switch gears and have sex without it bothering me, finish the argument later. To me that's totally unrelated. Most Scorpio men especially don't seem to be able to flow with that.

But they just keep on coming. Maybe I am a challenge? LOL
 Sixxshooter
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2006 7:02:33 PM
The Scorpion
October 24 to November 22

Traditional
Scorpio Traits

Determined and forceful
Emotional and intuitive
Powerful and passionate
Exciting and magnetic

On the dark side....

Jealous and resentful
Compulsive and obsessive
Secretive and obstinate
The scorpios that where born in 1964 are born under the sign of the Dragon in the chinese zodiac the traits are about the same a double whammy for some of us
 kabiosile
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2006 7:23:26 PM

Cruel (needed thick skin to avoid the hurtful remarks)

Most often a sense of humor can fix this. Key is to work well with a scorpio is keeping them out of the dark side. If you take a comment they make that might be hurtful and take it for what it is and be humorous about it they will learn to lighten up.

I know its hard for some to do this but, alot of time the reason why what a scorpio says is hurtful to you is because it is the truth you been trying to avoid about yourself. Scorpios tend to be EXTREMELY perceptive. USE it to your advantage and you two can grow.
 kabiosile
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2006 8:51:22 PM
Pain is our friend. Its telling us something. We are taught in this F'ed up society that pain is bad that we should always get rid of it. Take a drug for this pain a drug for that pain. When pain is the messenger telling us something. If we listen we can grow or avoid a bigger problem even death. When people have issues with something sometimes it is they who have the problem. What I said had nothing wrong with it as you say. It was a piece of advice. Instead of being hurt by something someone says there are other ways to take it. Example If i say you smell you could take it in a way that you get offended. You could also just go take a shower.

You said sometimes perception is best used on ourselves but, this is just selfishness. If we have a great gift such as perception we should try to help others with it too even if it makes hurt first. Growth usually hurts.
 kabiosile
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2006 9:51:22 PM

Why would trying to see our own faults instead of pointing out other people's faults be considered selfish?
If a Scorpio EVER has THAT exceptional a gift, they should use it to improve themselves, then after they become the perfect person they can ask others if they also want to reap the rewards of a Scorpio's 'great gift'.

If we all waited to be perfect to help someone else we would be waiting till hell freezes over to borrow a cliche' Nothing wrong with using a gift to look at your fault or anyone else. most times I have seen a scorpio at work self or others it is not really a planned event. It often is just part of the nature of the person. I think the reason alot of scorpios are often depressed or in the negative aspect of their sign is because they sense their own faults and the faults of the world and cant deal. Still does not effect my advice for the nice lady not to take the criticism of other people in a negative way. Just like I have not taken your advice in a negative way. I could have turned your words back on you saying why are you using your gift of perception to point out what you thought was wrong with what I said. Instead I will smile and say, no one becomes a perfect person they may try to become a perfect individual but, we should always try to help others. Attitude is very important most of the time we become unhappy or "hurt" over something someone says to us is due to our own attitude. We choose to be offended or not. While what the person said might be aweful it is US who give that power to them to offend us.
 ima_gin
Msg: 197
Posted: 9/27/2006 12:00:12 AM
Scorpio over here

I used to be all picky and look up signs to see if my sign was compatible before I write to someone.. until I met this girl who was into astrology, and she taught me there's a lot more to it. We have ascending and descending signs and all kinds of deep stuff to factor in. So all of the articles you'll find when you look up "this sign" plus "that sign" is really general info. Knowing that, I wouldn't avoid anyone based on their sign.

I <3 Scorpio women too
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 219
Posted: 10/14/2006 9:04:50 AM
These "signs" don't mean anything to me.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 222
Posted: 11/8/2006 8:30:28 AM
BK2
I wouldn't worry about removing any reference to your sign from your profile, I would guess if somebody ignores you because of when your where born, that's probably not a person you want anyway.

This ought to stir the pot a little. I'll put the phazor shields on alert, LOL. Is it getting hotter in here, I haven't even posted it yet and I already feel the heat.....
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 223
Posted: 11/8/2006 11:28:03 AM
Nahhhh, Gemini's. They're the ones to avoid, BIG time !

Ain't THAT the truth. I happen to be a Gemini female - so naturally I am not a model example of what to look for (unless you like schitzophrenia, lol), but male Geminis....ugh. At least the ones I have met (and I have met a lot of people) are just a mess...and yes, the gender matters as well as the sign....

Male Scorpios are tough, but i'll take one over a male Gemini any day.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 224
Posted: 11/8/2006 12:10:52 PM
Okay, I take offense to a Gemini female being compared to a "schizophrenic" even if it's from another female...(btw, that's the correct spelling, not "schitzophrenia" as per someone's previous posting)....that term in the dictionary is defined as........

Psychiatry. Also called dementia praecox. a severe mental disorder characterized by some, but not necessarily all, of the following features: emotional blunting, intellectual deterioration, social isolation, disorganized speech and behavior, delusions, and hallucinations.

Ouch. I'm not even close to that definition...(Thank God).

I'm so tired of Geminis being looked at as if we're freaks because the Horoscope sign involves "twins".

We're supposed to be "twins"...so look at it as....meaning twice the sweetness, twice the loving, twice the passion, twice the fun.......

And, yes...I'm proud to be a Gemini woman.

And one of my best girlfriends was a Scorpio....and she was hot, hot, hot!!! No guy was safe when she was around...and she didn't care that she was married at the time or not and that doesn't mean I think all involved with that sign does that because I'm sure you don't....just my experiences with one up close.
Needless to say, she's not my friend anymore because I don't believe in that behavior

Did you see the "lol" after it? It was a joke...I am proud to be one too - wouldn't want to be anything else, and love I all my female friends that are...but Gemini's tend to have a sometimes blunt and dark sense of humor. I am guessing you lucked out and didn't get that trait?

If you are a true middle of the road Gemini female you gotta admit you can have a lot of mood changes in a day and if anything seems routine or boring you avoid it, so things are never dull. And twice all the good stuff HAS to be balanced with twice the bad stuff...because we do reside on both sides of the coin at times.

I also know from experience that if you catch a Gemini woman on an extremely serious day, we can pull out some mental pie charts that would make your head spin.

Again, I was kidding.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >