Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zoso1951
Msg: 239
Scorpio's are great loversPage 5 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
buy man do they sting!
 1AuthenticFellow
Msg: 240
Do Women really avoid Scorpio's???
Posted: 8/13/2008 11:51:50 AM
i dated a Taurus for 2 years, she said she wanted to marry me. She tried to tell me what to do...it ended and now we will probably be enemies for life.
the best kisser i have ever met.... i mean start at the couch, all of sudden on the floor, to the dinner table, to the hallway. to the bed room...
but i find Taurus too dishonest, and will almost never admit there wrong. EVER, even when you find the truth and have proof.
 CatLynn
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 1:51:05 PM
I am somewhat leary of Pisces myself...self absorbed, whiney, hyderchroniac, you name it, and will never go near one again..lol
 CatLynn
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 1:54:26 PM
Hey, I am a Libra and you will never find a fairer, more even skilled person...sometimes I must admit we do find our scales off balanced but it is usually do to something someone else did to us...
 CatLynn
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 1:59:18 PM
Dear eastend woman, I was married to a Gemini...sign of the twins and believe me, it is like Jekyl and Hyde...one good, one bad....have never met another one and don't intend to...once I know they are a Scorpio, who stings for no reason at all, and a Gemini who one never knows when Jekyl is going to show up...I stay my distance from both signs...
 albertacougar
Msg: 268
Posted: 8/23/2008 4:47:31 PM
I have had only a brief encounter with scorpio but they seem to be hard to catch and there is a sting, but i would love to have the sexiest sign bit, i would avoid Aries ( very stubborn and bull headed) and Gemini (Jekyll and Hyde for sure) my daughter is one and wow the switch from nice to nasty is scary sometimes ...
 The All Amazing Geek Girl
Msg: 276
Posted: 8/27/2008 4:42:20 PM
I don't think too many people believe in star signs anymore.

I like to rely on that person's actual personality first. If I feel that our personalities don't fit and find out later that we were apparently incompatible in star signs well, it doesn't really matter any more what the horoscope says. I want to see for myself that we aren't going to work out, whether or not I believe in star signs.
 thatgirl_next_door
Msg: 278
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:32:16 PM
Uhm... for those who avoid the Scorpios you can send them my way! Virgos and Scorpios are supposed to be a hot mix! I'll trade you an Aries - I don't get along with Aries men. LOL
 Lisa!!!
Msg: 282
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:14:04 PM
no, no, NO! I actually seek them out!
 hamtaro
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 4:23:06 AM
LOL okay Scorpio here... I fall about 75% into the evolved category

My experiences with the compatability areas have not been in line with astrology at all (but hey it makes good conversation right?) . My most "in tune" relationship recently has been with a Gemini who was so submissive that she could have been a Pisces. Ultimately yeah there was that bit of Jekyll and Hyde towards the end, and the fickle Gemini nature which meant that she had trouble keeping up with me a lot even though we shared many of the same interests. The dealbreaker was she preferred to retreat into a fantasy world whereas I wanted to make the real world my fantasy world :)

Pisceans - just about every one of these have been disasters. Even the sound of them is unppealing to me, flakey, living in a dream world and submissive to everything. I've had more Pisces girls literally close up shop, block and ignore me than any other sign. Best match? not so far, especially even when seeking them out.

Virgo - Probably the best run so far. My best friend is a Virgo despite dramatically and diametrically opposed sex views ROFL and my first long term gf was a Virgo where we connected on an intellectual level but preferred different countries in the end. Also been emailing with one who sounds VERY naughty, completely breaking stereotype. May have potential in the future *RAWR*

Capricorn - A bit of a mixed bag. Ive ended up friends with just about all that I've dated, very hard working , grounded but not much time for fun or intimacy.

Cancerians - Aiming for these ones so far.. they sound like they could be my type, but man that shell is a pain to crack though. I cracked one open so far only to find that many of the little things that you don't show up on paper ended up being very unappealing. In general I find that they do prefer living in their shells a bit too much and so they're virtually expecting perfection each time and are very hard to date. Still, I'm always up for a challenge and somehow I think the rewards may be worth it. Unlike the Pisceans though, Cancers sound like they can stick around and help a man through rough times.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 286
Posted: 9/2/2008 9:32:15 AM
I'm a scorpio, and the description that the people of the sign have, and my personality... Are quite different.

If you expected me to act like my sign, you'd expect me to be a much much different person.

I do love sex though (but who doesn't, seriously?)
 10gauges
Msg: 289
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:05:56 PM
i am a scorpio i think its good to be one we all have are bad sides and good sides think positive
 ________
Msg: 291
Posted: 9/2/2008 7:50:14 PM
I find it hard to comprehend how anyone could make any decision about anything based on these ridiculous horoscopes and signs.... It's a type flat earth / pre-scientific way of thinking that is without any basis or logic.
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 298
Posted: 11/16/2008 5:51:20 PM
I am a Scorpio woman and I've had to sting a few before, but not to be outdone by another. We are very passionate people, we have a desire for undying love, we are intelligent, for some it's about having control, but not for all. I have never dated another Scorpio....but sure that we could work something out. I refuse to be with a Gemini man...they make me crazy!
 compleat_man
Msg: 300
Posted: 11/17/2008 1:11:01 PM
"i've had bad experiences with Gemini men - some of them are schizos!"

LOL :) and so are "Some" aquariuses, Libras, Cancers, etc., etc.

I'd daresay that there are "schizos" amongst people born in every month of the year..yup, all 12 months, mom..

the question is why would you care?

Why would you want to be associated with anyone who REALLY "believes" that the positions of planets hundreds of thousands, or millions of miles away, at the time of your birth (well actually over an approx 30 -day span) would completely determine your personality type?

but the positions of planets in previous months (while you were in utero) would have no effect..and the position of the planets in the several foramtive years after your birth would have no effect?

I want to know! do women really avoid men who don't believe in Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, the Tooth fairy, or The Great Pumpkin??
 compleat_man
Msg: 310
Posted: 11/26/2008 10:29:50 AM

Scorpio is known as the terminator of the zodiac. The males are very moody and distrusting and they are vicious fighters.

The only signs who can handle a scorpios wrath is another scorpio or a taurus.

Scorpio gets along best with Taurus, because they are opposites in the zodiac. Once scorpio decides to trust taurus, then that trust is unbreakable. However, it's very rare for the scorpio to trust to that extent. Scorpio values taurus loyalty and tenancity. Should Taurus get fed up with scorpio, scorpio can never win them back.There are famous unions between those 2 signs. They create things as a team that they become world famous for. But such an aliance is rare.

Throughout world history many great conquerors were scorpio and taurus teams. If you add aries to that team, then the team is unbeatable and unstopable. Astrologically such a team is considered to be of divine making. Aries is known as the warrior of the zodiac.

During WW2 scorpio and taurus teamed up against aries (Hitler).

Having said all that, I don't put that much stock in astrololigical signs.

LOL..just.. LOL ..all that 'analysis, but you don't put much 'stock' in astrology..
 ScorpioDragonn
Msg: 313
Posted: 1/25/2009 11:34:52 PM
I'm Actually having Problem's keeping them off!

A women will avoid a Man for MANY reasons. Being a Scorpion has nothing to do with that.
Except that being a Loser , Wimpy, Moody Scorpio would create a Stalker like Personality. Not Good.

However if your a Kick Ass Scorpio and you know who you are, what you want in life and how to get it... Then you can tell Austin Powers to get a life.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 324
Posted: 6/20/2009 8:32:55 AM
I avoid scorpions at all costs.. I mean the stingers hurt I'm sure and they are poisonous; I want to live... I don't want anything to do with them!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 325
Posted: 6/20/2009 10:25:15 AM
I would never date a scorpio man!
 QTpye16
Msg: 326
Posted: 6/20/2009 12:21:33 PM
Really don't know about avoiding, but I know I wouldn't want to date another one. Recently ended a relationship with one and he was one complicated dude. An a-hole to his co-workers, but treated me like gold, however I couldn't deal with his secrecy. He treated his cell like gold too, cause he would go extremes to not reveal what was on it. But other than that he was defensive, sometimes too emotional, needing attention a little too much and it seems as if he had a dark secretive side he didn't want me to know about. He was sort of like Dr. Jekyl, Dr Hyde. It guess it's true that when things are good with a scorpio, it's good and when it's bad, it BAD!! He was a decent guy overall and the sex was great, but it's an emotional roaster coster, something I care not to experience again! For the people who seem not believe in astrology, I beg the differ.
 QTpye16
Msg: 327
Posted: 6/20/2009 12:29:16 PM
eastendwoman,

When I was younger I gave all zodiac signs a fair chance. However, after learning the hard way, I do sidestep Scorpios and Geminis. I would rather stick needles in my eyes before I'd ever get mixed up with either one of those signs ever again.

LOLOL...I hear you on that! I'll have experience with both and guess what, both are them are best friends, lol. Both of them were like Dr. Jekyl, Dr. Hyde. However, I expected that out of Geminis.
 BrickCharm City
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2009 6:53:56 PM
My best friend, former FWB is a scorpio. He was crazy good in bed but even after 9 years he's still kind of a jerk sometimes.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >