Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 401
AVERAGE SIZE for females....Page 17 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
I met a woman here in the area.....clearly described herself as "AVERAGE" body

type....when I met here her in Sarasota....she was freekin overweight as hell and in

fact 'FAT' by most objective measures.......

I have found that many women simply choose to misrepresent themselves, and/or

are just delussional, or suffer terribly from the "mirror, mirror on the wall"

syndrome.................but the wind-up is that she LIED...........and it's happened more

than just ONCE........I have found most on here simply to be wasting time, entertaining

themselves, merchandising themselves in a self-aggrandizement effort, ego boost

or clickity-clicking themselves to death in front of the glow of the flat screen, with no real volition to follow through

with purpose even IF they allegedly found a 'decent and interesting' man..........they

are living their 'average' lives, in an 'average way'.......just hanging out in cyberspace

getting a few cheap grins, living vicariously on the 'dating web'............developing

cyber-cliques and cyber chitchat buddies, because it's an addictive 'pasttime' in which

they can engage without the responsibilities of 'becoming' a true and genuine

woman right in front of a real man's face.............the latter takes more real work.....

so the 'average size' of a woman becomes necessarily vague and amorphous.....just

like their true intent for engaging in the first place...
 Some0nesX
Msg: 402
AVERAGE SIZE for females....
Posted: 12/26/2008 1:27:48 PM
srq wrote:
I have found most on here simply to be wasting time, entertaining

themselves, merchandising themselves in a self-aggrandizement effort, ego boost

or clickity-clicking themselves to death in front of the glow of the flat screen, with no real volition to follow through

with purpose even IF they allegedly found a 'decent and interesting' man..........they

are living their 'average' lives, in an 'average way'.......just hanging out in cyberspace

getting a few cheap grins, living vicariously on the 'dating web'

Srqmanaman-I could say the same exact thing about the majority of men I've met from this site-so it goes both ways

According to statistics from the garment industry, the "average size" woman in the US is now a misses size 14 /16 as in 62-67% of the population, therefore, based on that data-it means approximately 2 out of 3 women are not thin or on the cusp of having to cross into full-figured clothing sizes..perhaps the women that classify themselves as "average" do so because they are in that percentage of the population which would be a MAJORITY

To the men who only want thin, perhaps you should hang out at the local gym to ensure you'll never *gasp* have to deal with an "average sized female".

And for the record, I've always been bluntly honest about my physical characteristics-I'm an "ugly fat chick" and I make no apologies for the DNA I inherited
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 403
Posted: 12/27/2008 10:34:30 AM
The average size (NOW) would also DECREASE if they were not

purposefully getting FATTER.........Women's sizes have 'ballooned' not because

of 'genetics' or an over-abundance of alleged 'thyroid problems'.....that is foolish indeed.

Some need to push themselves back from the feedsack or trough.......back away

from the glow of the flatscreen, stop munching while clickity-clicking, and get

out and get some exercise.....

There is nothing redeemable about the 'average' size for women INCREASING to

14 or 16...............in fact it's NOT desirable, and your physician will tell you that

Being FAT or getting FATTER is not a crime............it's just a very very

BAD choice all the way around.........

Make better food choices, get more exercise.......there's nothing harmful

with saying that.......size will take care of itself............

Excuses never hold water................
 FortyFine44122
Msg: 404
Posted: 12/27/2008 2:33:41 PM

The average size (NOW) would also DECREASE if they were not

purposefully getting FATTER.........Women's sizes have 'ballooned' not because

of 'genetics' or an over-abundance of alleged 'thyroid problems'.....that is foolish indeed.

Some need to push themselves back from the feedsack or trough.......back away

from the glow of the flatscreen, stop munching while clickity-clicking, and get

out and get some exercise.....
I take it as all the men go to the gym, never watch any sports on TV and getting 6 pack easily....beer and junk are preferred by women only, too
 SpaceyBlonde
Msg: 405
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 2:53:05 PM
Whoa there cowboy!!

I take offense to that statement too Srqwhatever........

So you're saying then ALL men are buff and have size 32-34 waist?

WHAT f'n pickle barrell are you living in???

Maybe in Share-a-soda they look that way but take a short drive up to Tampa - not like that here. More dang beer - fried food - lack of exercise - sitting behind the glowing monitor - food trough guts hanging over the bellies then should be allowed in one city. I've never seen so many guys building sheds for their tools in all my life! Possibly you're homophobic and don't take peeks at your "fellow man" but are one of those deviants who only stares at females. Take a look around - it's ALL humanity that's letting themselves go! Small children - of both sexes too! In this new, modern society it seems alot of us just don't care any more - it's easier to hit the fast food stop for a quick fix then to go home and whip up a tasty salad or piece of fish.

I'm thinking you need to get out more where there are men around! Take a gander at your buds - they aren't all GQ'ers!

^5 FortyFine!! LOL! You ever watched one of those suckers at an all-you-can-eat buffet?? Funniest thing and I always think of Louie Anderson....You been here to long...you go now....you eat to much!
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 406
Posted: 12/27/2008 8:48:05 PM
Clearly...............to any thinking person.......the 'overweight problem'

is NOT the exclusive domain of WOMEN...........that seems rather easy to

comprehend........

but the TOPIC was average SIZE FOR FEMALES.............

amazing lack of reading comprehension................(and abundance of

female defensiveness it seems)

It's always interesting seeing people here posing with beers in hand
in a 'joint'....and of course overweight.....they are the ones that seem
to resist clear truths..............(women of course, and men of course)
 SpaceyBlonde
Msg: 407
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 4:55:23 AM
IF you were referring to me regarding - posing with beer, in a "joint" and overweight I suggest you run, not walk, to the nearest optometrist!

What I find interesting are folks who can "critique" others but their profile is void of any Kodak memories......maybe to ashamed?? Or are they waiting until their stint with Jenny is complete???
 Redmoonpmv
Msg: 408
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 7:59:37 AM
Why only average size for females? Huh. I've been there and seen that -- and the bottom line is that men are -- in my mind -- silly. They base their shopping criteria for someone to date on something as changeable as weight. My cousin was a gorgeous size 2 bride -- three years later she looked like an apple. Men, too, build "tool sheds" which makes one wonder? -- Fat comes and goes, but beauty of spirit stays. Me, I've always been one to prefer a very high quality item that might be used and contused here and there over something that is just superficially attractive. Besides which -- one person's theory on too fat or too thin is -- just that. My man friend who is 78 years old told me that it took him until age 55 to figure out that women are not to be selected like one judges a new car, purely on shiny paint job and styling, but rather like one selects art.
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 409
Posted: 12/28/2008 8:12:51 AM
It always seems that fat women or simply overweight women offer tortured reasoning about how it's no big deal in being FAT......

If you're fat, you're fat.....simple stuff
 SpaceyBlonde
Msg: 410
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 8:14:33 AM
I look at people (men & women alike) as I look at gifts.....what's on the outside is pretty, but in order to get to the real gift, the outside must be torn away and discarded - it's what's inside that counts! What is inside the "box" is the real gift.
 Edsta
Msg: 411
Posted: 12/29/2008 7:17:16 PM
If the OP was referring specifically to what "Average" means next to "Body Type" on the PoF profiles...I'd say that it usually means one of two things:

1 . She's overweight (by most conventional standards) but doesn't want to have that broadcast at the top of the page, in the hope that you'll bother to read her entire profile and possibly overcome some completely irrational and absurd preferences that dominate our culture/media. Usually the only photos posted are headshots.

2. She actually has a very nice body, but doesn't want to attract shallow guys (like yours truly) who are deeply fixated on body types and don't care about anything else (unlike yours truly), so she wants to downplay it.

3. She's either very very modest, or very very naive about what "average" (I would agree with many of the posters on this thread that a size 12 or 14 is probably about right) actually means.

In my time browsing through PoF, I'd guesstimate that #1 is true about 90% of the time, with #2 and #3 being the remaining 10%.
 SRQleslie
Msg: 412
Posted: 12/29/2008 7:22:52 PM

Yeah, you are probably right SRQmana!

Kind of like "if you're arrogant you're arrogant.......simple stuff"!!

SORRY - I just couldn't RESIST!!! It DID appear that you do have a Sense of Humor??????
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 413
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2008 7:28:14 PM

I'd say that it usually means one of two things:

as in one, two, three
 Brandy54
Msg: 414
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2008 8:47:03 PM
Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14. I think she was 5'6"or 5'7". She was a gorgeous woman. So average is anyone below or above Marilyn Monroe's height & size!
 Edsta
Msg: 415
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:01:19 PM

I'd say that it usually means one of two things:

as in one, two, three

So you caught my typo, Einstein. Congratulations, I'm glad I could help you feel good about yourself for a change. 'Tis the season for good deeds, is it not?
 FortyFine44122
Msg: 416
Posted: 12/30/2008 10:28:07 AM

ARE YOU, SRQmanaman? Everyone was brave enough to show the face and shape.....especially if they don't look perfect
So, are you that horrible looking?
 FortyFine44122
Msg: 417
Posted: 12/30/2008 10:39:03 AM

what "Average" means next to "Body Type" on the PoF profiles...I'd say that it usually means
1 . She's overweight
2. She actually has a very nice body, but doesn't want to attract shallow guys
3. She's either very very modest, or very very naive about what "average"
I would agree with many of the posters on this thread that a size 12 or 14 is probably about right

So, if I am size 8, where does it put me?
I am not overweight (BMI=24), I like shallow guys, because they like me....I am not modest by any means....naive???

I checked the choices - I am not thin, not BBW (because I am not that beautiful), not athletic, few extra pounds I might have after holidays, and "prefer not to say.

It leaves me the only choice - AVERAGE (if there would be gorgeous, I wouldn't hesitate...j/k)
 Edsta
Msg: 418
Posted: 12/30/2008 5:53:23 PM

So, if I am size 8, where does it put me?
I am not overweight (BMI=24), I like shallow guys, because they like me....I am not modest by any means....naive???

I checked the choices - I am not thin, not BBW (because I am not that beautiful), not athletic, few extra pounds I might have after holidays, and "prefer not to say.

Puh-leeez, a size 8 in these United States? In this day and age? It MOST DEFINITELY qualifies you as "thin." If you have excellent muscle tone then "athletic" would also apply...but that's impossible to see with all those clothes on.

"Athletic" is often used on PoF to describe "chunky but not FAT fat"

I saw the photo of you in front of the lake...God, if only all the women on PoF who list themselves as "average" were built like you!
 FortyFine44122
Msg: 419
Posted: 12/31/2008 8:33:44 AM

Puh-leeez, a size 8 in these United States? In this day and age? It MOST DEFINITELY qualifies you as "thin." If you have excellent muscle tone then "athletic" would also apply...
I already said that I amnot thin and not athletic. My BF is 36%, even if my scales is lying alittle I am still not skinny. On other sites where they give more choices I describe myself as curvy. Because I do have curves.

I know thin women, and they all think that I am voluptuous...I guess pictures are deceptive. Gonna add few more to not be considered thin.
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 420
Posted: 1/4/2009 10:01:41 AM
hmmmm...MsForty

Since I couldn't contact you privately...

I would NEVER upload a litany of private information on any website as unsecure as this one is...never.....I know better than to do that....

ugly ?? hardly

FAT?? no I'm not

one on one = federalbureau93 near the big smiley yellow face

no worries here madame....I back up my own chit
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 421
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 12:19:35 PM
SRQManaMan-

I've never heard or read a valid excuse for NOT posting a photo. Oh please, let us all know your lamea$$ excuse.
 ADaleFan03
Msg: 422
Posted: 1/4/2009 12:33:35 PM
Wow, this thread has certainly gotten interesting since I last checked it. Mental note, check back more often.

What was kind of amusing has now become a pee match started by someone who just might possibly have di*ky do syndrome. Normally I wouldn't lash out at someone without reason, but where I come from, you better put your money where your mouth is especially when you are surrounded. Otherwise you sound like the ignorant pompous as* that you more than likely are.

SRQManaMan: put up or shut up.... a pic that is. Otherwise, keep your insults to yourself. Maybe Barbie is waiting on you at the gym.....
 fishmunger1
Msg: 423
Posted: 1/4/2009 5:26:35 PM

I've never heard or read a valid excuse for NOT posting a photo

The Federal Marshalls absolutely strictly prohibit the posting of any photos whatsoever in any form, way or means to remain in the witness protection program.

There ya go, the only viable excuse......
 Me Leona
Msg: 424
Posted: 1/4/2009 5:43:30 PM
I dunno who really cares or why.... if someone wants to know they'll find out, I suppose.
 SRQManaMan
Msg: 425
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:13:05 AM
it's patently silly to hold that there are no 'viable' , 'excuses' for not posting a

picture..........more importantly there are a multitude of "VIABLE REASONS"

that are certainly not "excuses".............

Some of you think it's inncocuous behavior.........you have the right to be that

misinformed.....and misguided, or naive......your choice.....

Again, I know better than to engage in that sort of activity on any www 'dating

site'.....................I am no fool.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....