Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nowake
Msg: 476
AVERAGE SIZE for females....Page 20 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
USA: The average American woman's weight has increased 11 pounds (7%) in the 10 years between the gathering of statistics, while her height has remained about the same (an increase of 0.1 inch or 0.2% taller). Earlier I had reported a weight of 152 pounds (69 kg) and height 5' 3.7" (162 cm). Now, it's 163 pounds (74 kg) and 5' 3.8" (163 cm).

Men have have also increased their weight by an average of 10 pounds (6%), from 180 to 190 pounds, while remaining essentially the same height: 5' 9".

The USA results are from the National Center for Health Statistics, based on two studies: NHANES III (1988 — 94) and, the most recent available, HANES (1999 — 2000).

So, what has happened between 2000-2011???? And what will happen between 2011-2020? ........ Is it safe to conclude that "Average" in the USA is overweight????

1yankee
Msg: 477
AVERAGE SIZE for females....
Posted: 7/22/2011 9:04:55 AM
I put myself as average size. I'm a size 4-6. I'm 5'3 and I weigh 120... for my age I look many years younger than what I am. Yeah I've got some some curves but I know I am not athletic and curvy maybe, but men think you put that down and you are obese. I don't think I am. But the national average does not say I'm average... I think I'd need to be like a size 10?
 Nowake
Msg: 478
Posted: 7/23/2011 12:46:33 AM
Well, according to POF standards, size 4-6 is anorexic....lol......Considering the women here believe as society says that size 14 is average....
 amagickiss
Msg: 479
Posted: 7/23/2011 3:54:21 PM
at 5'8 and my bone structure, if I were a size 4-6 I would look anorexic. People complained I was too thin when I was a size 8
 EmElleElle
Msg: 480
Posted: 7/24/2011 12:50:46 PM
I'm 5'4" and a size 4 and consider myself to be average. I definitely don't feel I am 'slender'...wish I was, but nope.
 1yankee
Msg: 481
Posted: 7/29/2011 5:29:14 AM
Trust me, I'm far from anorexic! I don't need a biscuit! I eat plenty and I don't think I look anorexic! Actually I have lots of curves and I know there is always room for improvement... that is average. But it isn't about size as in numbers. You can be a 14 and average. You can be a 14 and be athletic and toned (especially with what the men claim to be!). I've seen a lot of ladies who are a size 12 or 14 who look great and if a man is going to slam them and claim they aren't average, they need to take a look around.
 1yankee
Msg: 482
Posted: 7/29/2011 5:32:36 AM
Agreed! Men are so focused on numbers and height plays into a lot. Now lets say I was a size 12 or 14... at 5'3 that would be a bit much! I would need to grow quite a few inches.
 Nowake
Msg: 483
Posted: 7/29/2011 4:22:38 PM
I am so tired of (wo)men lying about themselves. I'm completely honest about myself. I went to meet someone and they mysteriously shrunk in height from 5'8 to about 5'2. Athletic and toned? Well, if you consider a spaghetti noodle to be that! Every (wo)man who has sent me average has been overweight and out of shape. I go to athletic and toned and they too are lying. What are they toned with? A case of bon bons? Thin, I'm not even looking there because I find that (wo)men who claim to be athletic and toned are either overweight or else they are so thin that the wind will knock them over. So what does average mean? I guess (wo)men don't see what they really are and they have a magic mirror............
 belladonna813
Msg: 484
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2011 9:22:18 PM
It goes both ways sweetie. Guys who claim to be "average" or "athletic" and have a bigger gut than I had when I was six months pregnant are pretty common as well. So don't be making it gender specific.
 belladonna813
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2011 9:29:37 PM
That truly offends me. Yes, I am concerned by stupid charts in a doctors office "obese" but this is a medical term. Do I ask you if you are diabetic and better yet, do you have to post it here? "Obese" is not a body type. It's a medical diagnosis. I think "heavy" or "curvy" or "a few extra pounds" are all descriptive. Even BBW.

Yes, just my opinion, but my opinion is based on fact.
 Nowake
Msg: 486
Posted: 8/1/2011 3:39:59 AM
Who/what post are you specifically replying to?????
 SpaceyBlonde
Msg: 487
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2011 8:22:48 AM
^^^^ That's what I was confused on too. WHO mentioned anything about obesity?

But....If the shoe fits.

Obesity might be a medical condition but there are 'fixes'! Just like insulin for diabetes. I don't care who you are or where you're from obesity isn't pretty even though it seems there are some with a strange fetish for obese women. Obesity is life threatening - what is pretty/interesting about a life threatening condition/disease?

Last year I had stage 3 breast cancer - yeah boy, that tumor made my boob huge!! I've never had big boobs but did I consider it 'cool' or keeping it so I could have bigger boobs? HELL NO!! It was a life threatening medical condition - just like obesity! I did something about it to try and save my life. Obese people should do the same.
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 488
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2011 1:37:39 PM
The following comes from a study done by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services during 2007-2008:

Q: How many adults age 20 and older are overweight or obese (Body Mass Index, or BMI, > 25)?

A: Over two-thirds of U.S. adults are overweight or obese.[4]

All adults: 68 percent
Women: 64.1 percent
Men: 72.3 percent

Q: How many adults age 20 and older are obese (BMI > 30)?

A: Over one-third of U.S. adults are obese.[4]

All adults: 33.8 percent
Women: 35.5 percent
Men: 32.2 percent

Q: How many adults age 20 and older are extremely obese (BMI > 40)?

A: A small percentage of U.S. adults are extremely obese.[4]

All adults: 5.7 percent

Q: How many adults age 20 and older are at a healthy weight (BMI > 18.5 to < 25)?

A: Less than one-third of U.S. adults are at a healthy weight.[5]

All adults: 31.6 percent
Women: 36.5 percent
Men: 26.6 percent
 kingofaman
Msg: 489
Posted: 8/1/2011 11:33:53 PM
With most men.. wait..!!! let me try and be nice .. . ..(i don't mean all men)..

Ass size and pant size take 2nd place to hooters...you can be fat....you can be thin...

Hell you can be in a wheelchair...if you got a nice rack...you got men lining up to sing you there song...

Now i do understand some men like the squachies BIG and fake..
Others perfer the chesticles to be real ..but what ever the taste of the day is..... its all in the mammaries that johnny comes marching home to!!
 1charlie5757
Msg: 490
Posted: 9/11/2011 4:05:50 PM
I call average 5'5", 120-150. I get a laugh out of women on here that say average, and show a picture of themselves weighing close to 200lbs. But like you said, size is a matter of opinion.
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2011 5:04:06 PM
During the last 4+ years, I have tried most of the dating sites, both free and pay. I have finally become so tired of the deception that I adjusted my profile to say that I am no longer willing to meet anyone from any site. I only stay on any of the sites to "play" in the forums. It has really been just a waste of expectations for me because it has been my experience that everyone I met was deceptive about something.

Regarding weight, many don't seem to realize that just because they are thinner than their obese girlfriends, that does NOT make them thin or even average. BTW, according to the stats I posted above, with 2/3 of the population either over-weight or obese, average is NOT a good thing. At best it means they are over-weight.

Many have had a photo 5-10 years old while others haven't done any of their listed interests in many years. One even told me, "Oh, I haven't done any of those things. They are just things I'm INTERESTED in doing." WTF?

Oh, and non-religious usually means, "I don't want to miss the chance of a date by being the wrong religion so I'm non-religious." BTW, there are religious holidays they celebrate just to be social with their family.

I suspect the thought process is, "I'll just say what I think will draw an email to feed my ego and once he meets me, my charming personality will make up for everything else."

Yes, the above is a rant, but it is an accurate description of my experience.
 Nowake
Msg: 492
Posted: 9/12/2011 12:57:33 AM
Mr Soul, It's no rant, just an accurate description of the "Average" female on this and most sites of this nature. (yes ladies, we know the men do it too) Just a sad comentary of what has become human nature these days....sad, sad, sad........
 SpaceyBlonde
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2011 11:44:46 AM
Welcome to the WWW and Internet dating!

Can't believe it's taken you all this long to figure this out....

And please don't forget to Thank Mr. Al Gore for inventing all this mess!!
 justnancy
Msg: 494
Posted: 9/12/2011 4:48:31 PM
Not sure what is average for woman, lol but like spacey I consider myself average. To me average means not over weight but also not thin or athletic. I always laugh at thin people that say they are athletic build. LOL Athletic built means you have muscle mass people ...in addtion to a low BMI and some people who are thin are waaaaayyyy to thin, boney thin is just as unhealthy as overweight and to me not appealing at all. Skinny with NO muscle MASS is NOT athletic folks.

Bob glad u put the BMI numbers up most dont read the GREATER than 18.5 (we need brains and body organs people and they are made of fat and some fat IS healthy) and the LESS than 25. ...lol I bailey make the 25 (lol must be the large breasts ) so I would consider myself average and sometimes I teedder on the over weight side (ok ok I mostly teeder towards the over weight) and not athletic even though I work out. My work outs tend to keep me average but I don't work out in extreme and therefore NOT athletic built. There's a differnce folks. Note woman naturally have a higher BMI than men in each ethnicity group, which black people tend to have the lowest BMI #'s by nature and Asians the highest by nature. Of course there is always the exceptions to the rule.

What a person "prefers" ...chubby, thin, average, atheltic is personal choice but I would agree with Bob BMI tells more of the story than just size or a weight would tell and not even looking at the stats I would say MOST Americans are over weight.
 Nowake
Msg: 495
Posted: 9/12/2011 10:31:31 PM
"Average" "Athletic" "A few extra pounds" Are the choices, therefore the few extra pound people who refuse to aknowledge what they are pick "Athletic" .....
Yup SHN , you are correct......
 _ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2011 4:19:01 AM
On one of these threads someone defined athletic as - no boobs.
 Naughtical
Msg: 497
Posted: 9/16/2011 4:55:35 PM
^^^ If that's true then I'm about as athletic as they come.

Oh well...anyone want to play ball or run a few laps?

(Hey, Bob...my first time here in a long time. Cool, huh?)

_ApprenticeSoulMate
Msg: 498
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2011 7:36:18 PM
Hi Marion-

VERY few people post here any more. The other site is much more active in the forums.
 Naughtical
Msg: 499
Posted: 9/17/2011 8:26:47 AM
So I see.

I know I left these forums because you just couldn't have fun here. People were way too serious and if you tried to joke around they would run crying to the moderators.

Oops...I'm off subject. Better go before I get a spanking.
 Debido
Msg: 500
Posted: 9/24/2011 11:31:05 AM
It's been a long time since I looked here. I think I posted once. "Average" has many conotations...Like Einstein said "Everything is relative". Yes, I would definitely like to loose a few ( lbs not relatives ) But I'm not about to put my weight as "a few extra" When those on here in that category are obese. All the men I've met who called themselves average were at least 40-50lbs over.

According to my daughter who is a medical professional it is normal for people to become about 15 lbs over during middle age ( not 50 lbs ! ) not only does the metabolism slow, the absorption of nutrients decreases as well....so they eat extra &/ or the body craves more. Just to mantain weight after age 40 we must drop calories, add nutrients or REALLY excercise ( preferably all 3 )

I finally saw a chart which made sense !....It took into account BONE STRUCTURE which makes a huge difference. You could pick your frame type. At that point I was considerably smaller & was categorized as "Underweight "... ( would love to be that size now ! ) It's easy to just throw numbers out there, but bone structure & density really matters. My family falls , but they get back up !...even in their 90s.

I hope this isn't repititous, but I don't have time to read all 20 pgs.

Save yourselves some time & trouble by posting a recent full-body pic & demanding the same, if it's that important to you. I dated a couple of "fixer-uppers" & they lost 20 -50lbs. while with me. Poeple eat from loneliness and it becomes a vicious cycle.
When I posted my current pic, I thought guys would run away because I'm not skinny, instead, I've gotten more mail than ever

To each his / her own. Happy fishing
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....