Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DevineDene
Msg: 101
AVERAGE SIZE for females....Page 5 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
newlysingle50
thank you for noticing

DD
 beardedbrit
Msg: 102
AVERAGE SIZE for females....
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:06:58 PM
I don't know about this " athletic" size. Sumo wrestlers are athletic.
Barry.
 Barflyondabeach
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:42:59 PM
I could honestly care less about average size according to clothing designers, I just know what is beautiful to me. I used to date this one girl who I found highly attractive; she was thick in the right places, had the voice of an angel, and was sharp as a tack and smarter than me. We go dress shopping for an outing she had to go to, and shes looking for a size 18. All I got out of that outing was I have no idea how you ladies measure these things and keep track of them o_O
 IamScarletFever
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/18/2007 9:52:57 AM
Hmmm.....average.....I am NOT average....in any sense of the word....in anyway....size or other...and I have always been kinda proud of that....:)

I think average...is perspective.....if you were to stick 5 men in a room from different back grounds...and or cultures.....Myself standing 5'6 and 190lbs....

Would be considered average but at least one.....and overweight by another....I don't think that you will find a solid answer to your question, whilst asking Opinions from others...be cause we all see with different pairs or "rose colored glasses" so you must ask yourself...what is average...for YOU!

Well that's my 2ยข worth....:0)
 Leighana
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/18/2007 10:25:32 AM
I just recently lost over 120 lbs. and can tell you that the average size seems to be about a size 14. How do I know? Because I can't find anything in that size in any store! Every thing in a 14 is no where to be found, and I have even went to stores on the days that they put out new stock, only to find that a 14 is snapped up fast.

It is funny that when I wore a 24/26 the clothes in those sizes were ugly and frumpy looking....now that I am unable to wear them, they have come out with cute and more stylish selections. Go figure!

Who has the right to say what is "average" tho. Have you noticed that men think average in a woman usually is about a size 6-8, while these same men who have guts sticking out over their belts and their rears showing think they are average! I am 5'8" and weigh 173 and wear a size 14. But yet a man who is the same height and weight and considers himself to be average--judges me to be fat!!! Talk about double standards. I think average is an individual choice. I prefer tall and large men, so I would consider a man who is over 6' and 220lbs to be average for me...whereas for someone else that might be too fat. It is all in one's individual tastes.
 ejluvtolaugh
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/1/2007 7:33:55 AM
I was reading all the posts here and just had to put my 'two cents' in.

Average does adhere to many variables as stated by some of you that posted.
Depending on bone structure (small, medium, large bones ); measurements ( shoulder span, bust, waist, hips ); height and weight and how you carry this. I know that as a woman who has a few extra pounds that I can feel and see it but to an outsider ( family, friends, co-workers ) they can't believe that I am the weight that I am. Some tell me that I need to lose a few pounds and others tell me that I am fine the way I am. So, it does depend on who you ask or are with... in the eyes of the beholder.
Some carry weight well and others don't. You can't go by clothing sizes anymore because each designer has put that to their own 'scale'. You would have to get a different size chart from each designer/clothes maker because they are catering to people that are 'hung up' on the 'size tags'. I just know that no matter what the tag says... if it fits.... I wear it. I have gotten into some clothes that are a size 12 and then some of them are as far up as a 16. So, bottom line.... I will not be shallow with any of it... I hope all of us can look past those few extra pounds....and see the person that we are really looking for. What is that old saying???? Love is Blind???
 Sexy Millie
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/4/2007 3:29:42 AM
I think average size means she is poportioned to her height and weight. I don't think there is a set number for this measurement. As for me, I consider myself average only bc I don't fit in the big, fit or needs to loose a few pounds category. I feel stating any other than average would be misleading on a first date.
 allpafla
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/4/2007 4:29:24 AM
To me "AVERAGE" means not disproportionately shaped. And yes ladies, that includes the 48DD that you just HAD to have done. I haven't been average for probably the last 20 years, myself. Good food and a slower lifestyle.
The "Charts" that everyone loves to quote have been updated several times since I was in my teens (several centuries ago) to account for the "fattening" of America.
I admit freely to a "few extra pounds", but that is my own impression of my physical condition. Most people tell me I look fine and don't need to lose weight. For me it is a comfort thing to lose that excess 15 to 20 lbs and will make the stress on my older legs and hips much easier.
Kinda gives "out of shape" real meaning, doesn't it?
 Cajun3149
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/4/2007 5:52:36 AM
Fake boobs make me sick. Why be something you are not. Be yourself.
 RexJudicata
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/18/2007 2:49:02 AM
I had this discussion with a friend earlier. You'll also find quite a bit on sizes if you do a little Google searching.

Dlovely14u is right. The average woman is 5.5, size 14, and weighs about 160 lbs. The average size and weight are increasing for both men and women. It's also worth noting that the more expensive the line of ladies clothes, the larger they are cut so that the buyer can flatter herself and buy an 8 or a 10, when she is actually a 12 or 14.
 Truffles6
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/18/2007 4:31:34 AM
There is NO AVERAGE SIZE..Every thing changes with body frame
height etc..and posture. and of course.. where you carry your weight.
men generally put it on in the belly - women belly hips and thighs
depending if you have had children or not ..there are many variables..
the most import thing here is simply this..
IF YOU ARE A MAN THATS HUNG UP ON SIZE
AND WANT A VERY SMALL(size 0 to 6)WOMAN THEN SAY SO..
actually read the bio close enough and pick out the ones that say thin.
truffles6

missmaggie10
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/18/2007 4:49:26 PM
EXCUSE ME AVAERAGE SIZE FOR FEMALES!!!!! WHAT ABOUT ALL THE LARD A** MEN ON HERE WHO PUT UP PHOTOS THAT ARE 10 YEARS OLD AND 50 LBS LIGHTER. YOU AREN'T FOOLING ANYBODY EITHER.
 sconset
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:13:59 PM
Hey you guys - why is it that so many men do look like they are about to deliver - yet are so critical of women. Seems to me the average guy doesn't care - yet wants a perfect woman.
 ImaWriter
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/20/2007 2:42:50 PM
Sconset, I'm one of those guys you're talking about, but I don't know what those other guys are looking at. You're HOT!
Rick
 djstevey
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2007 4:49:42 AM
I have been "surprised" by what some woman believe is average. Sometimes height and weight rules don't apply because of their shape, true, So I wish girls that might be carrying a few extra pounds wouldn't stretch the truth and list themselves as average, or say they are loosing weight, and only post pictures from the shoulders up. Some men like woman with some extra meat on their bones. So dont be reluctant to put a picture on here of what ALL of you looks like. When we men decide a face to face meeting would be good, most of us are looking forward to the girl in the description.
And when we do meet and you are more than average, we feel jipped. And don't get defensive with the line," all he cares about is what I looked like". Sure we do! Looks are important, on both sides. I have heard men do this also. Current pictures, of ALL of us would solve the problem. Not blurry 100 yard away shots either. So lets all be truthful about how we look, and save the surprises for Christmas morning.
 JakeMM
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/22/2007 1:58:25 PM
I guess what it basically boils down to is that no matter if your male or female, we all have a different idea as to what we consider an ideal preference. Your idea may be different then mine and vice or versa. In the end, most of the time we really can't be certain as to whom is exactly what they say they are until you actually meet that person and basically you are left with how close is that person description that they gave you. If its close, then you can move on to the next phase of getting to know each other. If it isn't no where close, then you end up feeling this person has lied and you may have the disposition of not believing anything else. I believe that as long as a person keeps things in perspective and is honest, at least you are headed in the right direction. We all have different tastes and likes, but honesty appeals to mostly everyone, and honesty should never be average.
 DebbyLW52
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/15/2007 5:49:18 PM
I am not average by any means, when I tell a gentleman that I am 5'8 and weigh 189 pounds, they FREAK! Yet, when they meet me, they think I am fine.. I just don't get it.. when I was younger, I weighed 122-135 and was TOO thin! My husband at the time complained about my bony behind!! Now, I get complimented on my junk in the trunk ROFL
 LisaMarie42
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/16/2007 1:39:24 AM
Oh my God...too damn funny missmaggie10!! You are absolutely right...I even made mention to that exact issue in my profile. I love the men who are bigger & fatter than me (and I'm a BBW!!) and put down athletic...in that case, I'm athletic too!!

Peace, Love & Fat Girl Smooches,

Lisa ~ aka Miss Athletic BBW
 BK2008
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/2/2008 10:09:03 PM
I believe that something like 80 percent of the US population is overweight and obesity is rampant. What is considered average today might have been considered obese 20 years ago.

But, I'm guessing that the author of this thread was actually asking why so many overweight people are selecting "Average" for their body description when, in reality, they are overweight.

If you search using "Athletic" you will also find many overweight people. Apparently, if they have somewhat of an active lifestyle, they feel justified in choosing "Athletic" rather than "A Few Extra Pounds." Some small busted women choose "Athletic" thinking it means bust size. Go figure! So, "Athletic" is not a good adjective to describe someone's figure or body size.

How about using Small, Medium, and Large?

I rely on the photos. A picture is worth a thousand words!

GreenOlivesYum
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/3/2008 7:39:52 AM
I have no idea what "average size" means. I would never describe anything about me as "average", I just don't like that word much. I have no problem telling people my height/weight. I have no interest in dating grossly overweight men so this issue doesnt offend me at all.
 ORCAANNA
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/3/2008 11:54:57 AM
i learned in physics class that hot air expands.... just a scientificic thought here- - -, I wonder with Global Warming, if the average waistline for a man or a woman is expanding?????????, as well. Maybe with all the warm air, the laws of gravity are changing as well. With these laws of physics in motion......it is a wonder , we are still standing. _Give me a break- at a soon to be 55 years old body, i feel i am a gorgeous body, with a ( beautiful mind), no matter if I jiggle a little more then i did when i was 25 years old. Back then I was always dieting to maintain my " perfect figure", to please the men, and i sure was a **** ( no fun to be with) except for those intimite times......I was also very dependent on my man for my self- worth!!! Nowadays..... i might be a little more jiggly then i was back in the day- but who the hell cares- i am happy , and very independent- and have ample self- worth. Remember, the laws of physics!!!!!! We are all expanding......!!!
 marahnna
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/7/2008 3:23:06 PM

I rely on the photos. A picture is worth a thousand words!

Thank you for that, BK2008. I'm 26, about 5'6" and I wear varying sizes of clothing -- mostly medium in shirts (although I have a slightly larger than average bustline), and varying sizes of pants -- I have size 7's, 8's, and 9's from different manufacturers, some in juniors, some in women's, that fit me equally well. And yes, "average" tends to blanket a very large group of people (large in numbers, not in size, that is). It's kind of sad to me how perfectionist a lot of men are -- they want women with Barbie figures. Scientifically speaking, no human being could have that doll's proportions -- the bone structure wouldn't support it and she physically would not be able to walk. Sure, women lie about their age, size, height, and weight, but is it any wonder? Kate Winslet is often used as a good example of a woman with a real figure, but even she has gotten a lot thinner in the ten years since Titanic, no doubt because she was singled out. I'm betting she was around a size 6-8 when she did Titanic, and I'd be willing to put money that she is now a size 2-4.

Recently I've looked at a lot of profiles where guys didn't seem to fit their body type, either. A lot of folks are of the mind that the "athletic" category should be removed. Personally, I think they should do away with the "athletic" category. A lot of guys seem to think that simply having a Y chromosome entitles them to "Athletic" status. Roger Clemens is an athlete, but I wouldn't exactly say he's got an athletic body type. I think "lean/toned" would be a better description. It's funny; those who are on the larger side of overweight seem to know it. People skip right from average and go for broke with "Big 'n Tall/BBW." Very few bother with the "A few extra pounds" category. Personally, the last guy I dated had a few extra pounds in the middle. He was by no means chubby-looking, but by medical standards, he was probably a few pounds overweight. Still, I was more attracted to him than any other person I've ever known. I might be crazy, but I don't like it when a guy is too bony or too muscular -- it makes me feel like I've got nothing to cuddle. Aside from that, while I do like a guy to be good-looking, I find myself more drawn to someone who holds my interest in other ways. I'm a firm believer in the theory that the more you like a person, the more physically attractive they become to you.
 BK2008
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/7/2008 8:50:18 PM
Hi Marahnna!

Your body type isn't average......it's SUPERB!!!

floridian407
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2008 12:44:54 PM
last I read, size 14, not the single digit sizes, was considerd average for women in the usa, regardless of age...and due to different shapes you really can't attribute a specific weight to a size...i only weighed 123 pounds as a teen and i wore a size 16 as a rule...i've been a curvy type since i was a teen....i take after my dad's mom when it comes to body type...but why worry about what's average and what's not? average always meant mundane and boring to me, as i am an arty right brainer, it was not a thing i ever wanted to be.....:)
 arlie1969
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/8/2008 1:36:42 PM
we all have our own ideas about what average is and being honest about who and what you are is the most important thing to remember while on here ,cause sooner or later your gonna meet someone and than you can feel good that they know what your kinda average is
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....