Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spot4username
Msg: 151
AVERAGE SIZE for females....Page 7 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
OK - I know some people are going to get pissed about this but I really don't care.... I am just so tired of people trying to justify lying on their profiles...

Yes, there are only a few things you can choose here to describe yourself. They are subjective up to a certain point. I feel I am pretty safe in saying we all have mirrors or access to them. When I look in the mirror I see that I would like to lose a few pounds. Does that mean that I chose the "a few extra pounds"? I know that I am not thin. I do not consider myself athletic. I chose average out of those few choices.

Then.... I look at profiles of other women and men (like some of the ones in this thread) and see that they have chosen average. Sorry... (this is the part where I piss you off) but you are fat. You are not average. If you are trying to justify saying you are average when you are fat by pointing to fat being average in this country then you are just lying to yourself and to everyone else. Oh and I am sure some of you are seething right now because I used the term fat and not BBW or overweight or thick or curvy or whatever other politically correct term you like.

So... what to do? Do I change myself to the few extra pounds because that is how I feel? Or do I change myself to thin because all of you "average" people are actually so large? Do I lie on my profile because you have lied on yours? Certainly not.

With so many threads in these forums about people lying on their profiles you would think that the fish here would "get it". When you lie about your size, height, marital status, etc. you muck it up for the fish who are trying to be honest. You waste everyone's time and lower the overall quality of the pond.

End of rant ~ flame away~ but I am sure there will be plenty of fish reading this and nodding their heads in agreement.... even if they do so silently.
 Tat2charlie
Msg: 152
AVERAGE SIZE for females....
Posted: 3/3/2008 11:17:26 AM
I agree with you whole heartedly!! Charlie
 daveinpompano
Msg: 153
Posted: 3/3/2008 11:51:18 AM
This ought to make it simple. If a person is big boned, and is relatively thickly muscled, but their skin is somewhat still tone and tight - they are average, not overweight.

But if they have flabby skin, cellulite, the backs of their arms are lose, men who have chests like boobs, or the obvious protruding beer belly, that is common sense.

Being I am a man, I can only comment from my view. I see many women who do not appear to exercise whatsover, their thights are very big, their butts large and when they sit down one can see lots of cellulite - yet they call themselves Curvy? Please :)

I am not beating up on what people look like, just poking fun at how some people think of themselves.

Oh, and for those of you who use age as an excuse for our bodies to change shape, I have seen 6o year old women in my health club that have better bodies then some 25 year olds I see out there. We can always keep out bodies just as we want them to be, if we are willing to put the effort into fitness. The problem is as people get older, they just do not care about their own appearance as much as they did when they were younger. So fitness is no longer so high on their list of priorities
 Cajun3149
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/3/2008 11:53:29 AM
Seems like you have a one track mind. Well, again, it's only my opinion.
 DevineDene
Msg: 155
Posted: 3/3/2008 4:08:29 PM
A Quote to ponder:

"You have found a flaw. Think well about it again. Let me warn you, you who are thirsty for knowledge, against the thicket of OPINIONS and the conflict of words. OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING; they may be beautiful or ugly, clever or foolish, anyone can embrace or reject them.

A MONK
 babeeblue
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/5/2008 12:20:17 PM
I think somebody once said, opionions are like a**holes, everyone has one LOL
 Lovelorn747
Msg: 157
AVERAGE SIZE for males too...
Posted: 3/15/2008 9:49:48 AM
OK, I'll come aboard and affirm that you are correct.

Colonel Bob
AM 1300
WTIR radio
 Searchin4utoo
Msg: 158
The sizes and shapes of people in general.
Posted: 3/15/2008 6:07:13 PM
I totally agree with you.I'm in my forties and it seems harder and harder everyday to find descent people who will except me for who I am and what I look like.When I was in my teens, I was anorexic, not by choice, I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters.We pretty much had to fend for ourself when it came to eating, so I didn't care one way or another.However, I did play sports (soccer, basketball, softball, golf, speed skating, water skiing, etc,.horse back riding and training,etc,.)I had an athletic body for a long time.Then I became pregnant and my body never looked the same.I have hypothyroidism(under active thyroid)Medication keeps thyroid in check but I will never be thin again.I have tried everything over the yrs and family members have even said mean things about my weight, so I can imagine how cruel strangers can be just by judging your picture based on what size we might be.
I have learned to embrace my body(not fully) but enough to know that I am a wonderful person inside and out, I have good morals, I am generous, I'm kind, I'm compassionate, I'm adventurous, I'm sensuous, I'm silly, I'm STRONG, and Dammit, I am WOMAN hear me roar.To all those people out there who feel that we are AVERAGE in size, embrace whatever makes you feel good about yourself.We all breathe the same air and we are all looking for a partner to accept us for who we are and what we look like.It's not easy but someday, It will happen.
God bless us Everyone!!!!!
PS Don't hate me because I'm Average
 always a friend!
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:36:27 AM
As for as what the say today, The average size for a woman at this time is a 12 and may become a 14 in the years to come. Only going by what they say ( I'm not sure who they are) But it is what I have read many times! ~~~~~~~~~~And it's not nice to ask people about their weight. Just like we don't tell someone they are to skinny or ask them why they are. You sure would never want to tell someone they are ugly! (At least I would hope not )~~~ I know this is an old saying , but ever so true! Beauty comes from the inside (the heart and soul) And how kind a person is! ~~~~
 Cajun3149
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:44:16 AM
Average size is slowly increasing. Years ago, men and women were much smaller. As men grow taller, it only stands to reason that women do too. Along with a taller frame, the size clothes will increase. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out LOL.
 friendlyldy
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2008 9:30:18 PM
I can't stand skinny men........... I like to bury myself in a teddy bear, all nice and big and soft............ And I know men who feel the same way about women. They are snugglers.........
 Wickedgood
Msg: 162
Shallow people on POF
Posted: 3/27/2008 11:09:15 PM
Do ya'll find that there's a real proliferation of shallowness on POF or is that just my single opinion? Just wondering how ya'll read the men on here. Can't judge the women. Never look at em.

Mel
 littlephishy
Msg: 163
Shallow people on POF
Posted: 3/28/2008 4:00:26 AM
Do ya'll find that there's a real proliferation of shallowness on POF or is that just my single opinion? Just wondering how ya'll read the women on here. Can't judge the men. Never look at em.....

Well, You had to know this was going to happen,,,,,,,,,In answer to your question.
Well, hell ya.....LOL.....
 Tyladragonfly
Msg: 164
AVERAGE SIZES
Posted: 4/1/2008 9:28:12 PM
Perused some of the postings on this thread. I suspect that a lot of people looking in the mirror don't really see what is there. The very thin person thinks they are 'average' or in some cases they think they are grossly obese, the overweight person think they are 'average', some people who are average think they are obese, others who are average think they are extremely thin, and others think that they are exactly what they are...average.

What about a person's BMI? It is about health. Depending on genetics, some people may have larger hips, chests, etc. Someone else already commented on this, but I think it is important for folks to remember that health is really, really important in relationships. Sometimes people face issues in their health over which they have no control. That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about making choices which contribute to the state of health a person achieves. And remember people with major issues that are genetic, can still be the healthiest that they can be simply because they take the responsibility for their health.

And, BTW, I wore a size 12 when I was in my teens and 20's (30 yrs ago). Sizing has changed. That same size 12 today is more like a 4 or a 6. So it isn't always about a size tag. I was 125 lb. and 5'6" and average. My 'average' size niece today couldn't wear my wedding dress...it was too small for her. And trust me, she is drop dead gorgeous, and not FAT! So the label has nothing to do with average. Weight to height ratio (part of the BMI) is more realistic than the tag on a person's jeans...and BTW, that refers to men as well as women. Besides...I bet almost everyone on POF really wants to find someone they can truly grow old with...and if you aren't taking care of YOU...you won't be able to grow old, let alone grow old with someone else.

IMHO.
 jindelray
Msg: 165
Posted: 4/4/2008 5:23:45 AM
I agree with the OP that said size 14 is average, as that size is impossible to find in the stores. I'm not "average" and never have been. At age 13, I reached my full height of 5'6" and weighed 195. I was fat. By the age of 15, I was anorexic and only weighed 115 and was a size 7 (1973 sizes).

I have very large bones, 8.5" wrists. I've fought with my weight my entire life. No matter how thin I was, I never was curvy. At 18, after having my first child, I weighed 128 and my first ex husband thought I was 'too fat' at a size 9! My weight gradually creeped up, then dropped down to 135 thanks to Army basic training. I learned then that my body requires huge amounts of exercise and activity to stay at a lower weight.

In my late 20's I spent years having back surgeries and hit my all time high weight of 240. I was seriously suicidal at a size 22. I moved to a more forgiving climate and just in the course of daily living, my weight dropped down to the 190 range.

I have permanent disabilities due to experimental spinal fusions so I don't run or jog and I can only walk about 3 miles before my back gives out completely. I've tried for over 20 years to increase my range but have come to accept that this is a limitation I have to live with. I do try to get my 10,000 steps in a day. I've learned that my own weight set point is still right around the 190 mark, meaning weight stasis with very little fluctuation and no effort.

I'm 50 now and am still "fat". I've come full circle and am done with all the insanity put out by the media and our pop culture. I am who I am, I like myself and accept my imperfect body. To all the men and women that are so hung up on a woman's weight, her clothing labels and judgmental about it, please do pass me by.
 TSCharger68
Msg: 166
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:50:50 AM
There is a National Average chart based on age and height. I personally feel that most women who post "Average" are at the very least 25 or more pounds overweight! Americans are FAT period! Both men and women ... and guys, we're no better! Many of my POF friends call me to complain that they meet a guy and he claims to "Average" once they meet, this "Average" guy is 5'8" (not the 6' he claims) and say 265lbs.

I am 5'10" ... I am 165 pounds ... I am 43 ... and I am HEIGHT AND WEIGHT PROPORTIONATE!!! I really am AVERAGE!!!

But most people concider me "Skinny or Thin" even though I only have 4% body fat and very toned, so I am forced to put myself in the "Athletic" catagory.

Work on speeding up the metabolism and your life will be better. Eat what ya want but in moderation. Don't sit around all day at work and claim to be exhausted at home. Cut your own grass, wash your own car, clean your own home!

We are lazy! Hence, we are oversized.

Not meant to hurt feelings but this is the truth!
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Shallow people on POF
Posted: 4/4/2008 8:45:41 AM
"Do ya'll find that there's a real proliferation of shallowness on POF or is that just my single opinion? Just wondering how ya'll read the men on here. Can't judge the women. Never look at em."

YES! YES! YES! But also by the women too!

If somebody lies on their profile and then you meet, they are just a lying flake and what they lied about doesn't matter. NEXT!

And yes I am: B-Big and B-Beautiful and a W-Woman.
That's what I have in my profile. I don't try and hide it, I know what I am.

Smoking and drinking is just as dangerous and life shortening as being overweight.
My Mom is overweight and is 78 years old and going strong.
My Dad wasn't overweight but smoked and drank like a fish and died at 49 from a stroke.
But do we hear about that stuff everyday, how bad it is for you and blah blah blah.
No we don't, we hear about all the "fatties" out there. Because it doesn't fit the males ideal of what a woman should look like. You guys don't give a shit about my health you just don't like the way it looks. Period! Don't try and make yourself look all PC because you are referring to how unhealthy it is.

For all you flamers....be my guest, I could care less. I won't be reading any more posts about weight or size. I am sick of the obsession with it on this site!
 TSCharger68
Msg: 168
Shallow people on POF
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:07:10 AM
It's not an obsession, it's the truth. Almost every post/profile says "Looking for an honest Man/Woman" ... I don't have a problem with overweight people and I hardly think I'm shallow because I answered the question. To your point I smoke ... But I tell women I smoke! I don't lie and say I don't. BTW my grandmother (98years old) has smoked since she was 12, a very good friend died at 32 because his heart couldn't withstand the load based on his weight. It happens both ways and neither is healthy or justified. Ever see a "THRUTH" commercial on TV??? Yeah, we hear it.

But to the point; if I'm willing to take the time and expense to date someone, who I have communicated with for a couple weeks, I think it only fair that they represent themselves honestly. Don't you?

Everyone is looking for someone, someone that they connect with both mentally and physically ... How can a relationship grow if after the first encounter you realize a person has been posting pictures from 10 or 20 years ago?

We've all seen it happen.
 dubster98
Msg: 169
Shallow people on POF
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:54:35 AM
well i guess ill chime in on this one... me im skinny and i hate it!!
i personally like women with a "healthy" size. they just have to flow. their whole body... i guess it really just depends on the woman. ive seen a few on here that claim they are average and i would def agree... then others are well over weight.. and

keep it up ladies... looking good from what ive seen
 deb_in_charlotte
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/6/2008 8:52:39 PM
Hmmm...interesting that this even matters but instead of speculating and everybody throwing in their biased opinions, the average size for women in this country is 14.

If you really want to further obsess over this topic, here are some sources for ya:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus06.pdf
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/aprilholladay/2006-12-04-size-age_x.htm
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_dress_size_for_women_in_the_US
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/73087

*eye roll*

Surely there are more important topics to discuss. lol

yourshopgirl
Msg: 171
Posted: 4/7/2008 12:11:00 PM
Well for me average is not fat and not skinny (for me could loose a bit more or would like to) OR don't think I am unattractive yet don't think that I am gorgeous...

So I choose average NOW if I was working out ALL the time like I use to (and will again soon) then I would have put athletic :)

HOWEVER that is just me...
 xoflagirlxo02
Msg: 172
Posted: 4/10/2008 6:01:13 PM
I'm not even going to give my opinion on average. Once this topic was brought up it was CERTAIN to bring all the shallows out of the wood work. I also think it was a way for people to do the, "Oh I'm a size 2 and I'M SO FAT!" routine when actually what they're really trying to say is, "I know I'm very thin and HOT (in my own mind anyway) so give me some attention!" All of this size stuff is retarded. Everyone has his or her own preference so why can't it just be left at that? If you like them skinny--go get skinny. If you like them bigger--go get bigger. Simple as that.

And post some pics!! A lot of these so-called hot and skinny chicks (and men) have no pictures. That's convenient.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/11/2008 2:50:46 PM

All of this size stuff is retarded. Everyone has his or her own preference so why can't it just be left at that? If you like them skinny--go get skinny. If you like them bigger--go get bigger. Simple as that.

Hence the point of this tread: to determine what the average person thinks average really is.

If you want average, you can't find average if every one up to a size 22 thinks they are average...

In my mind thin is: 0-2, avergage is 4-8, few extra lbs is 10-14 and anything above that needs to be dieting and exercising and not sitting in front of a computer!

But it seems that I live in a fantasy world because I recently saw a 5'2, 225lb woman whose profile said "average"

But on the other hand, the weight indicator is a good reality checker because it lets you know the other persons grasp of reality VERY quickly!
 deb_in_charlotte
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/11/2008 5:53:18 PM

In my mind thin is: 0-2, avergage is 4-8, few extra lbs is 10-14 and anything above that needs to be dieting and exercising and not sitting in front of a computer!

So do you apply this same criteria to both a woman who is 5'10" and one who is 5'1"?

Didn't think so.

See where your "opinion" and others with similar "opinions" are flawed? Who is actually living in a media-induced fantasy world?

Dreamsasea
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/11/2008 7:08:17 PM

It's not an obsession, it's the truth. Almost every post/profile says "Looking for an honest Man/Woman"

Well, what liar do you know that is going to put, looking for a lying Man/Woman? Average size I would think the wind cuts both ways on that, pun intended.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > "AVERAGE SIZE" for females....