Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > men are the head and women are th heart!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Asymptotic Faery
Msg: 50
men are the head and women are th heart!Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
That statement doesn't hold a lot of water to me in a profound way. There is some basis to this on a –very- general level when it comes to how men and women tend to think but beyond that point, the statement is useless and lacks the complexity/depth needed to explain so many factors involved in understanding the nature of women, men and human beings overall.

I think every good relationship requires some “analogous” as well as complementary compatibility...meaning that within relationships, the individuals involved will share many traits in common (likeness) and then there will be traits they don't share in common but they could fit quite well with one another to make a nice/complete unit (like complementary angles or complementary colors). It's all about a mix of strengths and weaknesses shared and fitting together to work harmoniously between two people. It will be different for every couple. What works for one couple will not work for another.

It's absolutely ridiculous to say that a woman has no logical intelligence or capabilities in a relationship whereas the man has/should have it all...and the man has no emotional fortitude and the woman has/should have it all in that department. -Nothing- is that absolute or simple especially in this regard so a bit of critical thinking is necessary here.

Emotions/intuition is a form of intelligence as well...just used in a different fashion. It doesn't involve a step by step process or formulation as empirical/logical thinking does.
 lostagain
Msg: 51
men are the head and women are th heart!
Posted: 6/12/2006 11:39:52 AM
I can only speak from my experiences, and mind you this is in general for me, when I'm intellectualizing an issue I go full circle on it,and can get confused,all the opposites have the same amount of truth to them. personally I like the heartfelt, I know my truth there. My heart is my comfort.
 trishaJ
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2006 6:54:53 PM
I believe one of the biggest reason men and women clearly do not understand each other is that Men think with their brains and Women think with their hearts, this is ONLY in relationships!!!!!.......I know there are women out there that are going to be offended and you have a rite to your opinion....yet realistically.....think about it. I did not say women do not have brains or men do not have hearts.
 trubblemakr
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/1/2006 9:01:56 AM
i think the sayin\g is true but its being misinterpreted, being the head and the heart basically refers to thught processes. most men are literal, meaning there thoughts come straight from the brain which leans towards less of an emotional response than a thoughtful one
the heart process refers to a more emotional heartfelt response which is why women are the mothers and nurturers in most groups
men as a group arent as emotional as women if u take a wide pool statistic
i don t see anything wrong with emotions but most young men grow up being told and shown by there male role models to hide them and keep them inside
i doubt the saying had anything at all to say wmen are smarter than men and vice versa
 arctickristal
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/1/2006 9:20:59 AM
I think men are just as emotional as women, they just show it in different ways and it's harder to see.

Women will talk about feelings. Men will put those feelings into an action instead..like going into the garage and working on something for 12 hours
 trubblemakr
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/1/2006 11:20:57 PM
nice to know u agree with me lol
 arctickristal
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/1/2006 11:38:44 PM
^^ who says I'm agreeing with you
 Hackbart
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/6/2006 2:26:53 PM
If men are the head I would run the other direction because there would be a huge tendancy for some puffed up egos
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > men are the head and women are th heart!