Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > When to break off the F buddy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stoneside
Msg: 3
When to break off the F buddyPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I agree with "Who Me".
 Esperanza143
Msg: 4
When to break off the F buddy
Posted: 6/2/2006 4:54:07 PM
When the decision to become mutually exclusive in the relationship....time to say it has been nice...be honest...you may want him back at another date
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2006 10:55:53 PM
A Fk Buddy is a person one uses to meet a need. As long as both parties are aware the once a week meeting is solely for the purpose of meeting that need, there should be no reason to change that until your needs are being met elsewhere. It's okay to use someone to meet a need, as long as both parties are in complete agreement about it.
 ManitobaGrrl
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/15/2006 2:48:58 PM
when he kisses and tells
 Spanish Joe
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/15/2006 5:01:50 PM
I think you should dump the f**k buddy before you start seeing anyone.
Otherwise, you have no need nor desire to make the new relationship work.

Imagine the concept of you meeting the perfect person, and down the road, he or she finds out you were doing the FWB thing with someone else.
Afterall, your FWB may also be giving you sloppy seconds from the other people they're FWB'ing...
Imagine if that perfect person catches something the FWB person gave you. Remember, condoms don't protect against all STD's...
Getting tested isn't a valid concept if your're with a FWB as some of the tests (HIV) can take 3-12 months for a trust worthy result.
 POF_JERK_KING
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/15/2006 5:06:05 PM

At what point do you break it off with the once a week F buddy because you are dating someone else.

The best answer is a short and sweet one.

Never.
 sweetlifenow1
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 10:17:15 PM
What's to break off?? You both already agreed that this was a non-commital enjoyment right from the begining right?? If not you were not FB's. Both parties know that when things change they change. FB's are someone to fill the time with. You don't go out on dates, you don't go to the movies or have dinner together, you just F__k. If you have more than that then your not FB's. Don't get me wrong you do have some things in common or at least should have some sort of conversation, then it's down to business. How did we as society forget the terminology of FB meant!! When you start putting expectations and hope to it, move on he/she is no longer a FB but a boyfriend or girlfriend in the hoping.
 Kirklet
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/18/2006 10:26:06 PM
I tend to be all about one person and not into the F buddy thing anyway...so my answer would be to never start the F buddy...hence no decision to make.
 jasperjohn
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2006 12:41:52 AM
If you're dating someone new, forget the f**k buddy! Drop them immediately
 winteragain
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/23/2009 9:57:13 PM
hmm when to break it off.. how about never. even when you're married with another chick you need that backup or else you'll go crazay plus you need a constant supply of Other Woman's STD's what're you gonna do when you don't get your weekly dose of gohorrhea/syphilis? come on be real man
 2HEDZ
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 10:36:48 PM

I've recently met a woman that I get along with good. It's early still, this weekend will be our 3rd date. At what point do you break it off with the once a week F buddy because you are dating someone else.

break it off? bro when you have a once a week F buddy you keep her and the other woman you're dating can be delegated to six other days of the week. what are you an amateur?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > When to break off the F buddy