Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do people get fat after marriage?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moraima
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Why do people get fat after marriage?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
"DO MY KIDS LOOK FAT???? not a F***ing pound on them"

I was addressing the increasing # of people who find all kind of excuses not to take responsibility for their lives. Guess it depend how big the garden is, and what it requires before you can compare other peoples activites. (when you weigh just over 100 lbs. pulling 50lbs plus water lily baskets from six feet below the surface of the pond all day can be compared to most heavy exercise programs.

Why do people get fat after marriage? Answer lack of responsibilty for their lifestyle.

If any excuse was true then all people would be fat.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 39
Why do people get fat after marriage?
Posted: 6/16/2006 6:13:08 PM
".....instead of bad mouthing people...why not try to help with the problem .....something simple like this" Sweety, you know...I have noticed you have been gaining some weight........I love you and want you to be around for a long time.....let's start taking a walk after dinner...instead of watching a movie."......AND DO IT........"

^^^Huh???????I badmouthed people and I was not even aware of that???????Wow!Lol....that was just a question, for crying out loud.No one is badmouthing anyone.People are just giving their opinions.

~*Flavia*~
 moraima
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 6:29:34 PM
"guess after a full day of heavy lifting at work I should come home, make supper, clean the house and dig myself a pond and pull 100+lb lily baskets from 6 feet of water for the next 8 hours? "

Well, I am not that far off 60. I do a physical job that requires that I also running the places and most days are 12 hours. Weekends off, not when you own the business. Then I take care of a large home, and grounds by myself. Vacations are taken in the Third World doing rescue work, which is extremely rewarding and fun. Do I get tired some times? Sure, but I wouldn't change my life for anything.
Maybe I was just blessed with a whole lot more energy and love of life than most people.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/16/2006 10:01:15 PM
What happened to your ex.. did she ever get straightened out on her weight problems???
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:24:49 PM
^^^^ with a body like yours.. shush about eating pizza young lady!!!

"built like a friggin barbie doll".... remember those wet noodles I got for ya!!!
 Trishnaa
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/17/2006 8:33:06 PM
"maybe don't get married?
sounds like the kiss of death for most people"

Sounds like a great idea.Thanks.

~*Flavia*~
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/19/2006 10:13:14 PM
I jsut got rid of some extra weight... but now have to find someone else with a harley!! LOL... NEXT!!!

Marriage... JUST SAY NO!!! Hell, right now I think relationships stink...
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/20/2006 7:50:24 PM
Watch out tigger, you'll have a bunch of us women moving to IDAHO!!!!
 ProgrockVentureman
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/15/2007 9:03:36 PM
Too much fat in their "juices"....
 Mr Bain
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/15/2007 11:13:39 PM
Men get fat after marriage as part of the wife's deliberate plans. She doesn't want other women to find you attractive, so she feeds you rich meals.
 betterlate
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2007 2:43:59 AM
Or it could be that they are depressed because they feel they are stuck for the rest of their lives with someone they thought was wonderufl while dating only to find out after the honeymoon was over that they are married to a thoughtless, rude, lazy, lying cheating, arrogant, abusive person.. just said what needed to be said to get married, then felt they could drop the act... male or female... it happens

Women tan, work out, starve themselves into a size two for the photos to land the provider and the men act all polite and nice to land the servant... or mommy
 betterlate
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2007 2:45:28 AM
Faxanadu that is so funny!!!! you made my day, thanks for the funny!!!
 techgirl27
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 12:29:49 PM
i think its subliminal association when really its because of having kids. I put on an enormous amount of weight from the time I was first married til my kids were born. I bet it was almost 70lbs.

I think that when you're married you just dont go out as much, you wait in a lot for the other person, when you do go out, you eat, when you're home you just want to relax with them. Other things like bills, and house issues, and work and well you get the idea, end up taking all of any time you have for exercise.

Also many people strive for weight loss while dating to keep themselves "available". When they have found their mate, they think "why am I doing this??".
 ImTheOneUwant
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/17/2007 1:29:01 PM
I think most people get overweight after marrige because they are no longer trying to find their mate. They are content, and also other responsibilites and obligations become a priority.

And once you have kids you now have to focus on taking care of them too.
The time you spent maintaining your health and wellness is now spent on your family members too.

Everyone should set aside time to take care of themselves. Have a little "me" time to exercise, to get a massage, to go to the beauty parlor, etc...

The only one who can do this for you is "YOU"

You really do owe it to yourself and your mate to try to maintain a certian level of health and fitness.

Just my opinion.

L.
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2007 7:18:26 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but for me it was my cooking. My sauces are always made with pure fresh cream, My mudcakes always have choclate fudge topping made with butter.

Hmmm...Pepper Steak, with creamy mushroom sauce. Now I'm feeling hungry again.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/20/2007 5:46:50 PM
My exhusband was married before we married. He told me that when he put the ring on her finger, the air hose was inserted into her butt. (I know, not very nice ~ but I thought it was quite interesting because most all of my men friends had said that ~ just in less humorous terms.)

I am the exact opposite. I'm thinner when in a relationship than when not. I have a very small window of weight gain or loss ~ I'm really a slave to the scale. But when I'm in a relationship, I usually stay on the very thin side of things.

I guess maybe some people get comfy ~ maybe even lazy. I tend to view it that I want to look as good, if not better, than when I first met "him." But that's just me.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/20/2007 5:50:56 PM
I'm pretty much the same size as when I graduated high school. Even being married and having 4 children, never been on a diet or anything, just was always active enough that it's never been a problem. Of course in my first marriage, I not only had the house and kids to take care of, had to mow the lawn, wash the cars and take out the gargabe, even pregnant!! Guess all that activity helped keep me from gaining weight.
 designingwoman
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 7:54:20 PM
Go for a jog on the beach instead of a boring gym--problem solved LOL

This time of year don't forget the parka!!
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/17/2007 9:40:18 PM
It's because women have an evil plot to make their men chubby. That way they are of no interest to the other sex, effectively taken off the market, and the woman does not have to worry about the man cheating.

When the man wants to lose weight, the woman immediately thinks there must be another woman somewhere, and starts to worry.

LOL

It's just a theory.

For me, I married someone who shared none of the my interests, they all fell by the wayside, no exercise + great cook = chubby.

But it's turned around now. Lost 16lbs since my pics and still dropping. Weight Training, change in diet and eating patterns, and cardio.

TitusBreast
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/17/2007 10:05:24 PM
The new couple feathers the nest together and makes sure there is plenty to eat. You know, either one or both is Betty Crocker or George Foreman; always impressing the other with culinary prowess. You can't have really good sex on an empty stomach, so you'd better fuel up, as well.
The unfortunate couple who happen to be broke as hell, cannot afford the decent
food and resort to "hard-times shopping" eat hot dogs, bologna, and cheap, fattening junk. The sex blows after awhile because no one wants to bang an unambitious slacker
who would rather **** for hours on end than devote that endless energy to putting in
some overtime at a job so there's more money, better food, and more money to do whatever happily marrieds do to amuse themselves as a couple.
That's why (most) newlyweds gain weight.
Love, Titus
 Wish4
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/28/2007 1:34:44 AM
Cause they married couch potatoes that want big home cooked meals every night and then want you to sit and be a couch potatoe with them.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/9/2007 9:27:22 PM
LMAO ~ I don't know why people get fat after marriage. My exhusband said when he put the ring on his first wife's finger, it inserted an airhose into her butt. Not very nice, but hilarious. Me, I go the other way. Misery causes me to never eat.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do people get fat after marriage?