Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > do caucasion people find east indian people attractive      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ash2006
Msg: 26
do caucasion people find east indian people attractivePage 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I do think that people generally find certain races more attractive than others. For example, I am East Indian but I generally am not attracted to East Indian men mainly because the majority of the ones I meet are shorter than me :( But it is also true that every race has exceptionally beautiful people and also unattractive people. However, I have noticed that Caucasian men are hesitant in dating East Indian women, but Caucasian women are very willing to date EI men??

I may be generalizing here, but I do think that EI culture is more conservative than North American culture and perhaps the differences in values could come in the way of a relationship between an EI person and someone of a different race. Of course, the success of a relationship also depends on each person's personal values.

P.S. In addition to Aishwarya Rai from Bollywood, there are others such as Sonali Bendre, Bipasha Basu, Celina Jaitley, John Abraham, Arjun Rampal
 ash2006
Msg: 27
do caucasion people find east indian people attractive
Posted: 7/6/2006 8:58:43 AM
Okay, maybe not shorter, but around my height or a couple inches taller. I think most girls generally like a difference in height of at least 3 or 4 inches. That's not to say that I would not go for a man who is my height, I am just more attracted to taller men.
 ash2006
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/6/2006 8:28:56 PM
Lol. You are not the exception, trust me. I am not sure, but I think the average height for an EI woman is 5'2 and around 5'8 or 5'9 for an EI man. So I am average height compared to white girls, who are generally around my height, but I am considered tall compared to the average EI woman. I also somehow attract shorter men, I don't know why...it must just be my bad luck. On the other hand, there have been a few EI men that I met and liked who were 6'3! Now I just have to find someone in between...maybe around 6 ft or 6'1, which would be ideal!
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/8/2006 3:11:49 PM
Attractive: Some are.

However, I wouldn't date one. I've met a few (not as dates), and when they're speaking English, I can't understand them. Their accents require a translator! [Sorry, but such is my opnion.]
 ash2006
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/8/2006 8:49:48 PM
Who said I am looking for a John Abraham or Arjun Rampal type (would be nice though ;) )...just because I said I am attracted to tall men??? I don't even know how tall they are. People really seem to be on the defensive here. Maybe you do not care about height on women, but I am sure there are physical attributes on women that apeal to you generally. Some men may say they are attracted to women with baby faces, or some men are not attracted to heavy women...in the same way, I am attracted to men a bit taller than me. If that is called having high standards, so be it.

And for dil_dil_se, I did not say that 'all' EI men were 5'9 in height. I said that I think the average height for an EI man is around 5'8 or 5'9. Of course, I could be wrong. I know that Punjabi men are often taller and built. I did not specifically refer to Punjabi men at all. I was not talking about non Punjabi EI men in my comment....I was talking about the average height for an EI man. There are always exceptions though as I stated...I am sure short Punjabi men do exist.

I am in no way trying to insult EI men, afterall, they are part of my own race :)
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/9/2006 12:00:58 PM
darkhandsomeniceguy_84:
... However they're tons of Indians who probably speak better english then you do. Afterall, India use to be a British colony.

Those are the ones I can't understand. I met many of them while in college in the 1980's. I have no problem understanding people from other places where the Queen's English is spoken (Australia, Hong Kong, South Africa, or whites from India, etc.), but other than race, I haven't found a common thread of why.
 bleeptwo
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/30/2006 1:25:04 AM
well chitownleo

Very good post. you go girl. Call me strange but I find all woman attractive. But you have to admit nothing wrong with a woman with dark hair slim build and olive oil complextion. So why am I emailing a blonde on this ite all the time lol. You seem very smart and yes I do find you attractive does that make me wrong?
 bleeptwo
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/30/2006 1:29:49 AM
oh and for the record I read and I found your profile very articulate but some Americans consider laid back as also meaning they are not into drama as they say. Laid back does not mean that we sit on our butts all the time. LOL nothing wrong with being passionate about ones believes it is admirable in my book.
 bleeptwo
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/30/2006 2:00:01 PM
Well chitownleo you need to lighten up on the American thing this country is a melting pot my european ancestors came here in the 1640's my grandfather dumb butt got lost looking for India lol we found Green Bay instead. You do need to become a little more laid back yourself. i think you are a little overly sensitive when it comes to your heritage. Your heritage lies in the worlds largest democracy in an ancient culture that has given the world much but your culture also tried domination as all world powers have tried in one way or another. I admit I do find Indian woman attractive and I think Mahatma Gandhi was one of the top 3 men ever to walk this earth. I do not know as much about your culture as I should and the truth is I am in the middle of learning about your roots.

Just try not to lump all people into the same category because we are more your slightly tanned brother lol. I did not mean to give you a cultural lesson I did read your profile before I posted this the first time. But I will NOW you see posting something in CAPS on this site is a sign of anger and aggression in most cases. I would hope not in your case. So just take it for what it is worth we are not all the same and neither are Indians. Racism goes both ways try not to fuel the fires that all great men of peace have tried to quell IE Jesus and Gandhi. Also I have two soon to be relatives that are Indian's I have found there demeanor to be very refreshing when we have talked.
 lucilou
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 4:55:19 PM
Why so much about East Indians? how about those Asians from the Philippines lol. We are not trying to look like white women, I am proud of my dark olive skin and dark hair and big brown eyes lol. I said my peace.
 lucilou
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:13:08 PM
Thank you guitarman, you just made my day
 lucilou
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:19:17 PM
Oh!!! by the way Guitarman??? you are a cutie, if only you are older I would ask you for a date.
 lucilou
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:22:46 PM
Gee!!! thank you Butterfly!! coming from a beautiful woman like you is an honor for me. Most beautiful women dont compliments other women. You are a cutie butterfly
 bleeptwo
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/30/2006 10:57:13 PM
well chitownleo you have a huge chip on your shoulder I am not here to knock it off. I and others have simply pointed out things to you. You are either to resentful to WHITE PEOPLE LOL which by the way does not bother me to be called white. But you sure do stress white a lot. Maybe you need to look in the mirror a little more before you go off on white people also maybe you need to read history better. Your culture is not perfect and neither is American culture or European etc. But I stand by my post you need to lighten up a bit as far as my knowledge of India it is limited I will be the first to admit that but ask yourself what would Mahatma Gandhi do LOL. You need to be more tolerant of others opinions. You tell everyone to shut up (very rude by the way) or that we do not know about your culture. You are wrong. Like I said I find all woman attractive it is when they open up there mouths or type a few words that the ugly sometimes shows through. You know the ones that claim the are not racist. When in fact they are.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/1/2006 8:33:29 PM
I find SOME east indian men attractive, not all.
I have dated some of them locally, and have had the
same bad outcomes from it.
They were liars for one.
From what I have experienced, most east indians
will not date, or especially marry someone outside of their
own race. A single indian guy once told me that he would
talk to me, and date me, but would never marry a non'indian
woman!
In fact, oftentimes, the east indian parents will not even
allow their children to have playdates at another child's
home, whom is outside their race.
These have been my personal experiences, no
need to be defensive, as I said they are MY experiences.
 Creme De Mint
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 10:11:28 PM
I think you have a very erroneous impression of your culture. Personally i don't like Bollywood either, but not for the reasons you spew. I think Bollywood is a ripoff on Hollywood. Gee, I wonder where they got that name from? LOL. Bollywood movies are bad , because of the cheesy overacting, bad dialogue, and inane plots. I could care less about why someone would find IE women attractive.
Let's look at "The law of averages". In a country where there are probably 500 million females you are bound to find some attractive ones. Does this mean EI women are generally beautiful? Not in the least. Let's suppose we can surmise that 1 out of every 10,000 Indian women are conventionally attractive for Asian women. Then you can say that there are about 50,000 attractive EI women in India. However, The ratio of good looking women is far better in other countries, for i.e., Latin America, Southern Europe and the South pacific islanders. I think Latina women by ratio are far more attractive in numbers than Indian women.
I live in a city where the hispanic percentage is about 60%. And I have seen many beautiful latina girls. I would take a Mexican, Puerto Rican or Brazilian girl anyday over an East Indian.
 tcky123
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:04:10 AM
message 149 ya the nasty cowboy bashing indian culture and bollywood name saying the movies are stupid and they their bollywood name was riped off hollywood lol WHO CARES
you said cowboy only one east indian women out of 1000 is attractive blah blah now my man you dont know anything about eastindian cuture to judge them and as for the women are you f*cking kidding me they are friggin hot like miss world miss rai who won for best photo, futher more do indian women cares if you like other races not them, REALLY I dont either so why dont you ride of to the sunset with your little horse
JR ewing and leave indian women alone and get educated about their cuture before talking CRAP. ohh by the way the thread was about indian men not women.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:10:24 PM
Yes I do, there are many gorgeous East Indian women out there. They are very nice and they seem to have a nice way about them.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:21:03 PM
There are attractive and ugly people in every race!
 Rettam
Msg: 45
view profile
History
To flsoldier
Posted: 10/30/2006 10:09:05 PM
I'm not caucasian, but I find some East Indian Women very seductive. And some of the women I've encounterd have a very unique and natural playfullness about them.

But what do I know? This is comming from the point fo view of a non-caucasian.
 nightfly
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/1/2006 4:26:06 PM
Like everything else, I find some attractive, and some not. I can't think of any race of people where I find them all either attractive or not. I do tend to find all really stupid people unattractive, though.
 lucilou
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2006 5:17:09 PM
Gee!!! I wish I am east indian lady, after reading this forum, all men will be after me If I am east indian lady. I agree though that those women are mostly beautiful and lady like. Those men are attractive too. lucilou
 lizzy915
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/12/2006 8:49:27 PM
Race does not matter to me. I did go on a date with an Indian, but he wasn't for me (we were incompatiable).
 PhoenixRevealed
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2006 3:28:14 PM
As an English Born, caucasian-Canadian male, I find all races to have a mix of beautiful/unattractive females. That said, the most beautiful women for my taste are always mixed-race. There is something about the combination of racial traits that to my eyes is greater than the sum of the parts. Witness, for instance, Halle Berry. However, if I consider only single-race women I have long said that the most beautiful in the world are... East-Indian.
 PhoenixRevealed
Msg: 50
view profile
History
To dil dil se
Posted: 11/13/2006 3:33:40 PM
#29 dil dil se

You DEFINITELY confirm my assertion that East-Indians produce the most beautiful single-race women in the world.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > do caucasion people find east indian people attractive