Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > do caucasion people find east indian people attractive      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ChiTownLeo
Msg: 76
do caucasion people find east indian people attractivePage 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Butterfly- What makes them white washed is sporting blue, gray, green color lenses, dying their hair almost light blonde, and using skin bleach to lighten their skin color to look white. I'm ok with the modern clothing, as fashion changes in every culture, and such changes should not be credited necessarily to white culture. However, the skin lightening and color lenses are just a way to be as white looking as possible. Please don't compare that to tanning cause it's not even close to being the same. Old Indian actors never did that, this is a new phenomenon that started in the early 90s. We need to change the standard of beauty that whites have spread throughout the world. As for my comment on watching Bollywood movies, it was intended for the whites who watch them in hopes of becoming connected to Indians not intended towards your Indian friend from work who watches them because she understands and likes them. I watch them too and I’m Indian!

Bleepto- Thanks for the compliments. As for the “laid back” comment, I’m well aware of what laid back means in AMERICA as I grew up here and I don’t require any cultural translations from anyone here or back home. Now, to clarify, laid back, as used by the men on this site generally means they are careless, nonchalant, and insincere about who they meet and what they do when they meet.

Iwarrior- When white men and women ask if people of other races find them appealing, it’s usually a reaction from being rejected from someone of another race. When we ask, it’s a direct result from being devalued for our appearance, culture, or contributions. You’re comparing apple and oranges my friend.

P.S. Everyone - Stop calling us EAST Indians! There are NO WEST Indians! The people who you refer to as Indians in America are actually the ‘Native Peoples of the Americas’ (a term their scholars and spokespeople have strongly encouraged for decades). They do not appreciate being referred to as Indians, in fact they prefer to be referred to by their tribal names! By you referring to them as Indians, you are taking away their ancestry to the Americas. It’s interesting that when whites mislabel a group, the term sticks even after being proven incorrect. So incredibly ignorant not to mention insulting to us and them!
 bleeptwo
Msg: 77
do caucasion people find east indian people attractive
Posted: 7/30/2006 2:00:01 PM
Well chitownleo you need to lighten up on the American thing this country is a melting pot my european ancestors came here in the 1640's my grandfather dumb butt got lost looking for India lol we found Green Bay instead. You do need to become a little more laid back yourself. i think you are a little overly sensitive when it comes to your heritage. Your heritage lies in the worlds largest democracy in an ancient culture that has given the world much but your culture also tried domination as all world powers have tried in one way or another. I admit I do find Indian woman attractive and I think Mahatma Gandhi was one of the top 3 men ever to walk this earth. I do not know as much about your culture as I should and the truth is I am in the middle of learning about your roots.

Just try not to lump all people into the same category because we are more your slightly tanned brother lol. I did not mean to give you a cultural lesson I did read your profile before I posted this the first time. But I will NOW you see posting something in CAPS on this site is a sign of anger and aggression in most cases. I would hope not in your case. So just take it for what it is worth we are not all the same and neither are Indians. Racism goes both ways try not to fuel the fires that all great men of peace have tried to quell IE Jesus and Gandhi. Also I have two soon to be relatives that are Indian's I have found there demeanor to be very refreshing when we have talked.
 Elegantly Simple
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/30/2006 2:20:41 PM
IF there ATTRACTIVE, SEXY, HOT, with intelligence...I DON'T CARE WHAT CULTURE THERE FROM.
 ChiTownLeo
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/30/2006 3:25:22 PM
Bleepto- My culture is the only one that has NEVER dominated or taken over any other group of people. We have sustained out culture through teaching our children about their heritage. In fact, even after being envaded by so many people, we have kept our language and religion. The following comment makes absolutely no sense " I admit I do find Indian woman attractive and I think Mahatma Gandhi was one of the top 3 men ever to walk this earth. " What exactly does your attraction towrds Indian women have to do with your admiration towards Gandhi???? Please stop throughing around the few names and words you've picked up along the way!

At which point in my post did I generalize? FYI, caps are used to emphasis the sentiments attached to a word. If you feel that it shows anger and aggression than that's your perspective.

Now, where the hell is this coming from and how is this relevant to my posts? "So just take it for what it is worth we are not all the same and neither are Indians. Racism goes both ways try not to fuel the fires that all great men of peace have tried to quell IE Jesus and Gandhi."
 lucilou
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 4:55:19 PM
Why so much about East Indians? how about those Asians from the Philippines lol. We are not trying to look like white women, I am proud of my dark olive skin and dark hair and big brown eyes lol. I said my peace.
 lucilou
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:13:08 PM
Thank you guitarman, you just made my day
 lucilou
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:19:17 PM
Oh!!! by the way Guitarman??? you are a cutie, if only you are older I would ask you for a date.
 lucilou
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:22:46 PM
Gee!!! thank you Butterfly!! coming from a beautiful woman like you is an honor for me. Most beautiful women dont compliments other women. You are a cutie butterfly
 *Flavia*
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:29:00 PM
I'm not Indian. But, I look Indian and Hispanic more than I look Asian. Wonder what that makes me?!

OT: Yes, OP. There are some attractive people in every race. But, I wonder why you need approval...................weird...........
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/30/2006 5:32:42 PM
Iwarrior- When white men and women ask if people of other races find them appealing, it’s usually a reaction from being rejected from someone of another race.

How do you know that?

When we ask, it’s a direct result from being devalued for our appearance, culture, or contributions.

What's the difference? What about all of these white kids who want to be black? They're told that they can't dance among other things. And who here is devaluing you? You seem as if you have a chip on your shoulder. Indian people are not exactly an underclass here.

You’re comparing apple and oranges my friend.

You're making race-based generalizations.

We need to change the standard of beauty that whites have spread throughout the world.

What standard of beauty? Watch American television commercials for Revlon and other feminine beauty products. Half of the spokeswomen are non-white. Look at how many supermodels are black.

My culture is the only one that has NEVER dominated or taken over any other group of people.

Aren't gays persecuted in India?
 bleeptwo
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/30/2006 10:57:13 PM
well chitownleo you have a huge chip on your shoulder I am not here to knock it off. I and others have simply pointed out things to you. You are either to resentful to WHITE PEOPLE LOL which by the way does not bother me to be called white. But you sure do stress white a lot. Maybe you need to look in the mirror a little more before you go off on white people also maybe you need to read history better. Your culture is not perfect and neither is American culture or European etc. But I stand by my post you need to lighten up a bit as far as my knowledge of India it is limited I will be the first to admit that but ask yourself what would Mahatma Gandhi do LOL. You need to be more tolerant of others opinions. You tell everyone to shut up (very rude by the way) or that we do not know about your culture. You are wrong. Like I said I find all woman attractive it is when they open up there mouths or type a few words that the ugly sometimes shows through. You know the ones that claim the are not racist. When in fact they are.
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/31/2006 7:44:17 PM

hopefully we'll continue to see more of that. Diversity is important I think

I agree.

They're persecuted pretty much everywhere some countries persecute them much worse then others. India is actually becoming quite progressive Pakistan? yeah.. that's another story

Oh gays are hated all over the world. I'm just saying that every nation and culture has it's underbelly and skeletons in the closet. India is no exception.
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/1/2006 9:06:52 PM

I couldn't agree more I'm proud to be Indian however India does have quite a history and they're many things about Indian culture I don't agree with (old fashioned mentality old traditions and beliefs that should be done away with)

Of course.

I'm the same way as an American. I am proud to be one, but we REALLY have an underbelly unfortunately. In fact, I often don't blame people for resenting us.
 nomenome
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/1/2006 8:27:13 PM
i don't care what color they are. a beautiful man is a beautiful man is a beautiful man.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/1/2006 8:33:29 PM
I find SOME east indian men attractive, not all.
I have dated some of them locally, and have had the
same bad outcomes from it.
They were liars for one.
From what I have experienced, most east indians
will not date, or especially marry someone outside of their
own race. A single indian guy once told me that he would
talk to me, and date me, but would never marry a non'indian
woman!
In fact, oftentimes, the east indian parents will not even
allow their children to have playdates at another child's
home, whom is outside their race.
These have been my personal experiences, no
need to be defensive, as I said they are MY experiences.
 Woodstar
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/1/2006 8:55:59 PM
Okay, I was fixin to go to bed and found POF had put this post on the front page...Do they do that to revitalize a thread?...ok I bit...just 'cause I remember something and I will have wonderful naughty dreams tonight.

My sis wanted me to watch "The English Patient" with her a few years back. She told me later she couldn't wait to see my reaction when that absolutely gorgeous young man took off his turban to wash that beautiful long black hair. His beautiful brown skin shinny with the water running down his back....oh my...off to bed now...
 Woodstar
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/13/2006 2:14:08 PM
Sweetheart! You are surrounded by BEAUTIFUL Women and you say you have no game? Don't tell me they are your sisters....! You have beautiful eyes. I'd love to tell you more but I'll leave that to the others who should be writing....lets see what we can do to keep this thread going.

All races are beautiful. Everyone has a uniqueness to it. I feel badly for the young african-american man who said his race was not considered beautiful by white people. I guess he doesn't watch BET!

You're young, you'll get over the shy/no game thing. Besides, men improve with a little aging...got a single uncle????
 Creme De Mint
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 10:11:28 PM
I think you have a very erroneous impression of your culture. Personally i don't like Bollywood either, but not for the reasons you spew. I think Bollywood is a ripoff on Hollywood. Gee, I wonder where they got that name from? LOL. Bollywood movies are bad , because of the cheesy overacting, bad dialogue, and inane plots. I could care less about why someone would find IE women attractive.
Let's look at "The law of averages". In a country where there are probably 500 million females you are bound to find some attractive ones. Does this mean EI women are generally beautiful? Not in the least. Let's suppose we can surmise that 1 out of every 10,000 Indian women are conventionally attractive for Asian women. Then you can say that there are about 50,000 attractive EI women in India. However, The ratio of good looking women is far better in other countries, for i.e., Latin America, Southern Europe and the South pacific islanders. I think Latina women by ratio are far more attractive in numbers than Indian women.
I live in a city where the hispanic percentage is about 60%. And I have seen many beautiful latina girls. I would take a Mexican, Puerto Rican or Brazilian girl anyday over an East Indian.
 molonel
Msg: 94
do caucasian people find east Indian people attractive
Posted: 10/28/2006 10:43:14 PM
Oh my goodness, east Indian women are gorgeous. Yes.

(I can't really speak to the men, since I don't swing that way.)
 Yahh ROO Giddy Up
Msg: 95
do caucasian people find east Indian people attractive
Posted: 10/28/2006 11:55:46 PM
Oh wow i have seen soo many hot east indian women
 oneguppy
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/29/2006 12:10:23 AM
I luv the East Indian accents!
 martharose
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/29/2006 12:47:36 AM

Let's look at "The law of averages". In a country where there are probably 500 million females you are bound to find some attractive ones. Does this mean EI women are generally beautiful? Not in the least. Let's suppose we can surmise that 1 out of every 10,000 Indian women are conventionally attractive for Asian women. Then you can say that there are about 50,000 attractive EI women in India. However, The ratio of good looking women is far better in other countries...

Wow. Where did you dig up that venomous psuedo-scientific garbage?
--------------------
Moving right along, I have found this thread fascinating. For the record, I do find many East Indian men attractive. Maybe that's partly because those with whom I have contact are very highly educated and compassionate - many of them are psychiatrists. I would date one of those guys in a heartbeat, if I could get one of them interested in me! I enjoy listening to classical music of India, although not a lot of the newer popular stuff. Sometimes I go to concerts and see many young women in the audience in their saris. They look so elegant. I would like to learn more about Indian culture.

I'll have to admit, Chitownleo, or whatever your name is, you make some valid points about Indians and other races measuring their own beauty against "white" expectations. Despite the anger that comes across from you, I think you speak truth. In the same way I understand the North Carolina African-American guy's frustration, especially being that he lives in the south. I would be resentful too. I hope we, as a global community, can make progress away from thinking that white standards of beauty are somehow THE standards to be measured against. As some have pointed out, we have made some progress but have a long way to go.
 tcky123
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:04:10 AM
message 149 ya the nasty cowboy bashing indian culture and bollywood name saying the movies are stupid and they their bollywood name was riped off hollywood lol WHO CARES
you said cowboy only one east indian women out of 1000 is attractive blah blah now my man you dont know anything about eastindian cuture to judge them and as for the women are you f*cking kidding me they are friggin hot like miss world miss rai who won for best photo, futher more do indian women cares if you like other races not them, REALLY I dont either so why dont you ride of to the sunset with your little horse
JR ewing and leave indian women alone and get educated about their cuture before talking CRAP. ohh by the way the thread was about indian men not women.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:10:24 PM
Yes I do, there are many gorgeous East Indian women out there. They are very nice and they seem to have a nice way about them.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:21:03 PM
There are attractive and ugly people in every race!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > do caucasion people find east indian people attractive