Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > daddy's and mommies if you were offered this?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sexi_jodestar
Msg: 26
daddy's and mommies if you were offered this?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I agree lady 261.
 busygal
Msg: 27
daddy's and mommies if you were offered this?
Posted: 6/5/2006 12:44:58 PM
I wasn't responding to you I was responding to noboundaries. He had me so steamed I forgot to put his user name up sorry. I'm still pissed at him though.
 busygal
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/5/2006 12:54:36 PM
ca, I wasn't responding to you I was responding to noboundaries. He had me so steamed I forgot to put his user name up sorry. I'm still pissed at him though.
 Norwegian
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/5/2006 1:00:03 PM
Noboundaries; if you call it bartering with money to get a child to have a parent, then more people should go to bartering-school.
 Crane Man
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/5/2006 1:06:54 PM
Sometimes you have to step up and be nasty. My ex claimed to be broke on Friday night and was not about to pay any more support ever. She was a month and a half behind. After playing the nice guy trying to be accomodating I reemed her ass on Sunday morning, on the phone. She called back a few hours later to tell me she needed receipts for the full support that she had waiting. Every situation is differnt but sometimes enough is enough.
 Crane Man
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/5/2006 1:11:09 PM
No Boundaries, child support is for the custodial parent to help out with the costs of raising a kid! As far as I am concerned the OP was trying to do what was best for her daughter, and the ***hole father should step up and pay his share. Why do non custodial parents leverage their kids and seem to feel that it is okay to pay only when they feel like it?
 busygal
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/5/2006 1:26:58 PM
noboundaries, I have been surfing around some of the other forums and ran across your "discription" of your "perfect" ex wife in forum for "Single Parents Are So Busy... huh? I also read your profile. Do you even pay child support for your kid? In this forum or nowhere else have you mentioned that you help your wife out. She seems to be doing it all on her own without your help. Are you one of these "deadbeat dads" that people are talking about? Just curious. Maybe you can enlighten us all.
 gemini_gurl_83
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/5/2006 1:53:33 PM
i no where your comming from im going through the same thing whit my son. Its hard to deal with the stupid sh!t, but your doing the best thing fight for what your child deserves.And well if he dosent want to spend more time with her just make sure she no's mommies always gonna be there thats all you can do.....
 packagedealx3
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2006 3:20:39 PM
When my X and I first split, I was so worried he wouldn't spend any time with the kids that I let him hang out here with them after school, friends commented that he was here more than when he lived here. Unfortunately the great effort was more in trying to get me back than spend time with his kids. I haven't had support issues with him but I have with his X-wife and X-girlfriend. Court is only unpleasant if you invest your emotions in the outcome. In your situation, you're not getting anything now so anything you come away with is a positive. Where I live, they award child support based on a percentage of the income so whatever you are entitled to is really a done deal already. The best thing you can try to do for yourself is to detach emotionally from the support and visitation. Go to court and get what is owed to your daughter. Whether you use it for the positive activities you mentioned of bank it for college, it is her money and she deserves it. You can't make him spend more time with her and if you were able to get him to under duress, he might do what my X did when he was "forced" to attend a karate tournament and one of my daughter's dance recitals. He complained so much about both that she didn't remember her father being there, she remembered his complaining about being made to be there when there were other things he wanted to do. A suggestion about greater involvement every now and then is probably going to be as effective as anything else and he probably won't listen. He has illustrated how much time he is willing to spend and you cannot change how he acts. There are times when the kids come home and it takes me two or three hours to peel them off the ceiling but I keep trying to encourage the kids to be patient with him and give him every opportunity to see his kids. Try the serenity prayer, say it as many times a day as it takes to really move from your head to your heart and you will be a better mom for it and she will get so much from you that his stuff is just the cherry on the sundae.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2006 3:29:27 PM
Obviously since your X-wife is a saint (read the OP about whiny busy single parents), no boundaries, you have never dealt with the anguish you feel when your child's father (or mother) does not care to be involved. The children, even when they know he is a jerk, love their father and want to spend time with him and because children are so smart, they know what is going on even if they do not ask you why their dad is the way he is. This woman is doing something very selfless because she is desperate to do whatever she can to make things better for her child. You seem very quick to judge others when you seem to have an ideal relationship with your X and a good system for sharing time. Most people are not so fortunate. Apparently your parents failed to teach you the art of attempting to walk in another's shoes. Your posts would suggest that she is jacking him up for a ridiculous amount of money rather than VOLUNTEERING to give up all child support if he would only spend some more time with his daughter. The father is the pathetic one and she is trying to be a good mom.
 MelissaMelissa
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/5/2006 3:33:08 PM
OP- I dont see anything wrong with your offer. Yes its money for visitation- but to HIS advantage.

My advice- quit playing nice. Take him to court. Its not that big of a deal... be very formal, all through the courts, dont negotiate with him. Let the courts decide whats fair.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2006 4:24:12 PM
My ex is paying based on his income for our two boys. Unfortunately he does not live in the same city as we do, so his visitation is limited. He does get to town about 3 times a year.

I do have a whine about his visititation while he is in town tho. For example. He was here for 5 wks (Dec 3, 05 - Jan 8, 06) and had his sons for 6 nights. The rest of the time he was too busy screwing his new GF and partying to even bother with them. THAT frosts my buns. I would LOVE for him to be more involved, to see them more often or to have them more when he is in town. Problem is that our oldest has some significant behavioural issues that cause some difficulties that prohibit this from happening more frequently. It takes about 2 wks, sometimes more (depending on how much time they have spent with daddy) to get him back to *normal*.

The other thing that irritates me is that he could put in for a transfer to this city, but chooses not to. In the mean time I'm on my own dealing with every thing. Yeah, the money is nice, but so is having some help. I didn't make these children by myself you know.
 jane50071
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/5/2006 4:34:37 PM
Excuse me Noboundries..... but she was trying to get him more involved....not wheeling and dealing. The support is supposed to help take care of the expenses of raising her child. The housing, clothing, medicine, baby sitter, gas to take her places. If the other parent doesn't want to pay his/ her part... then they should have stayed or committed to the other person. Point blank. People just need to stop being pricks to one another and stop being so self-centered.
Take him back to court.... get the child support and pay for a child care provider who WANTS to spend time with your child.
 GradPsyD
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/5/2006 5:03:45 PM
What are you hoping to get in court? He may have to pay his $100 a month, but they won't force visitation and even if they did... does forcing him to see her help?? If he only got hit with $100 a month for support it doesn't sound like he's got a job to pay much more to begin with.. so court will likely make the lawyers $$$.

I personally didn't force child support even when it was owed, but kept up with the fact that it was not paid in the event that my ex ever pursued custody.. I do agree he is stupid for not taking the deal, but by not taking such he showed the type of person he really is.
 Verissa
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/7/2006 3:25:28 PM
Well push came to shove and I said I don't care what he does anymore...I'm raising her on my own anyhow so whatever. I sent him a link to the papers to change or cancel an order and said that he'd need to fill them out and give me a copy, keep one, and file the other if he wanted to change his supposrt payments, otherwise it's a breech of a court order.

He wrote back telling me that he's had it with me, that I'm a money grubbing whore who got pregnant on purpose to suppliment my income and that he hates me and wishes I'd take his last name off of my daughters name. Or that I'd marry someone who would adopt her so that he wouldn't have to deal with the financial burden or deal with me.

So thats what you get by trying to help someone not break the law, and by not fighting when they want to be dead beat losers. Lesson learnt.

I'm having the papers drawn up Monday to dissolve his parental rights and free him from the burden of us.

Suppliment my income? hehehehe after daycare, clothes, diapers, formula, food, alergy meds, little things here and there I'm roughly $398 in the hole hehehe... I get the hugs and kisses and cuddles and I love you's everyday though. He has no idea what he's giving up..so as much of a dick as he's being I feel sorry for him that he can't see the pure joy she is.
 LookAtMoi
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/7/2006 5:51:39 PM
yes, its not fair, but hey, u really don't have it that bad! My son's father hasn't seen him in 9 months, only pays $20 in child support every SECOND month, and doesn't even call my boy. My boy is 5, and when his father didn't send him a gift, card or a phone call for his birthday in march, it broke my heart... My boy is really upset about it still. Just remember, as long as u are there for ur daughter, that's the main thing! Just remember... $10 a month doesn't even pay for the amount of lunch my boy takes to school!

What ever happens, there is always someone who has it worse. Try to bear this in mind. Also, what's the point in going to court? It's only going to end up hurting everyone more than it needs to!

Chin up...
 packagedealx3
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2006 7:31:46 PM
Think long and hard before you dissolve his parental rights. I don't know how things function where you are, but in Texas, even if it is a pittance, the father is responsible for supporting the child, whether he chooses to be a part of the child's life or not. Child support is for the children and if you have ethical issues about it, it can be placed in an account or trust for your daughter's education. Once the paperwork is done, it cannot be undone and if something should happen that would impact your ability to be a breadwinner, that small amount of child support could make a big difference. I would just advise that you think and not do something in anger that you might regret later. Kudos to you for wanting to do it alone, just make sure you are choosing what is best for your daughter.
 Deb0329
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2006 4:36:53 PM
Well here is my two cents on this one........

You cannot make someone be a "better", parent emotionally. Its not your choice!!!

You can however hold the other person responsible financially to help support THEIR child/ren....this again too does not mean they will be a better parent emotionally.

You need to define and understand the difference between an emotionally supportive parent and a financially supportive parent. Not every one can or wants to be both, but their inability doesn't make you less of a parent. In the long run you're kids figure out who is who in the end!!!!!!
 Broken_Wings
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/12/2006 4:59:45 PM
I am not in same situration as you or most of yall on this fourm but i feel sorry for all the single moms/dads who haveing do it alone or even haveing help through the family it is a real shame how, some people do NOT think before they acturly "take the steps"...

"dammed if you do, dammed if you don't."

I agree
 dirtguy78
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/13/2006 2:47:40 PM
Wow a 100 dollars a month? I have my boys every other week for a full week at a time, pay their insurance, and their sports and I still give their mother 840 per month, this guy is a jerk, take his butt to court, its time he owned up to his responsibilities. If he is man enough to do the deed he should be man enough to take responsibility for any actions or consiquences (spelling)? that come about.
 Broken_Wings
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/13/2006 2:53:44 PM
How many of yall would acturly like/love the idea of haveing your baby girl/boy 24/7 never getting a brake and never being able to go and have your time by yourself or even hang out with some friend's, i know alot of people say they would love to be able to see their baby/kids 24/7 but i think some people will change their mind esp if you NEVER! get to do anything or even go places. I am not complaing or nagging because i know that is what being a single parent/mom is all about but i just think parents need a brake every once in awhile, from their kids.
 missmom781
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/13/2006 3:02:44 PM
I'm in the same boat you are. All I wanted was stupid head to spend time with the kid, but no he has to be a jerk. So I am taking him to court, I'm getting child support and he's getting told to keep doing what hes been doing ie do not contact us. Some men are not so great, so men are super, unlucky you and i got losers, it's ok though
 Broken_Wings
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/13/2006 3:18:08 PM
missmom781

who was that reply to

" I'm in the same boat you are. All I wanted was stupid head to spend time with the kid, but no he has to be a jerk. So I am taking him to court, I'm getting child support and he's getting told to keep doing what hes been doing ie do not contact us. Some men are not so great, so men are super, unlucky you and i got losers, it's ok though "
 Frog_Lover
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/13/2006 4:09:02 PM
The sad thing is that you've mentioned you are taking him to court, because she has ballet, gymnastics, etc, that cost money.
If you're going to court, it should be so that they can formalize a visitation schedule, that should be the important part.

My son can get expensive, too, but his father and I haven't gone to court once. We always got along, and we still do, on the most part. When he has a job that pays well, he gives me money. If I am not getting money, I know it's because he doesn't have any. And as for visitation, he takes our son every other weekend, from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. If this interferes with his schedule, then we make alternative days for that week.

I don't understand why so many parents have to argue in court these days. I mean, yes, if you just can't get along, whatever. But I mean, as far as my situation's concerned, my son needs a father, Brett wants to be a father. Simple as that.
 Great Purple Hairstreak
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/13/2006 5:40:55 PM

The sad thing is that you've mentioned you are taking him to court,
because she has ballet, gymnastics, etc, that cost money.

yes it's soo sad that the other parent should be forced by the courts
to pay for his/her own childs activities. What may seem like needless
things to some adults are important needs for a child ie ballet, gymnastics etc.

My son can get expensive, too, but his father and I haven't gone to court once.
We always got along, and we still do

that's wonderful for you and your son but this isn't always the case for everyone else.
I always love how people say they always get along with so and so and always did....
and then I wonder hmmmm...LOL

I don't understand why so many parents have to argue in court these days.

bottom line.......because some parents have no other alternative!!!

GPH
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > daddy's and mommies if you were offered this?