Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > When did asking your bra size become socially acceptable?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Felanie
Msg: 51
view profile
History
When did asking your bra size become socially acceptable?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

Those of you who refer to a woman's breasts as titties, boobies, or racks, are obviously the boys who were bottle-fed as babies. Get over yourselves already... and no, I haven't asked any man how big his package is.... I thought this was about sex, not public school recess.

well hell.. I call my girls, "titties, boobies, ta-tas, cans, rack" etc.....
I just can't call them "Jugs, fun-bags, gajongas" or anything else that implies that they
are these huge orbs on my chest..

I don't really care what a man thinks about them either.. If it was a perfect stranger asking I would be offended.. but there are always witty come-backs that can put him in his place...

And just so you remember.. breasts are looked upon as sexual to a man.. but only because he doesn't have any.. and society makes such a "BIG" deal out of them..
 Wanderlust Angel
Msg: 52
When did asking your bra size become socially acceptable?
Posted: 6/8/2006 11:28:43 AM
I was starting to think I was out of touch with the dating world with the amount of times guys asked about bra size on my old profile, right out of the blue. Like getting smacked when all you're doing is sitting there.

That's why I redid my profile and just put on that I'm here for forums, cause I just found the sexual online onslaught was getting way out of hand. Yes, there were some legitimate nice guys but after awhile I just don't trust any of them online because of so many rotten ones. Which is a disservice to the nice, legitimate people who are truly using online dating as a means of meeting people. I'm VERY cautious now.
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/8/2006 12:46:00 PM

About the same time asking a guy how much he makes did
 oWildBillo
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/8/2006 1:08:10 PM
Those kind of questions may be asked later when familiarity is in place but many women have told me that it is becoming more the rule than the exception. To ask how large the endowment will only prove why there aren't many women carpenters.
 Seeking Stellar
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/8/2006 1:34:22 PM
Didnt you get the memo ? The size of your boobs directly relates to .....everything..
ya men kill me.. I get it all the time.. I just say I dont have any and POOF they be gone
 hot4teacher
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/8/2006 1:36:34 PM
I have been asked many times. My answer is simply..if it matters, then we don't need to speak anymore. Not because mine are small, they definately aren't, rather because, shallow men need not apply.
 GreenEyesAndHam
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2006 2:28:25 PM
Not because mine are small, they definately aren't

Why did you point this out? If you don't want men to think that it's okay to talk about the size of your breasts without encouragement, then don't talk about the size of your breasts without encouragement.

Ta ta*,
GE&H

*Not the rude version, the informal for good-bye version.
 luckyone38
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/8/2006 2:33:56 PM
I agree I dont think it matters. Shallow is correct.
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 12:13:25 PM
probably started happening around the time women started asking men how much money they earn or what kind of car they drive. Of course, acceptable is a general term relative to every individual as society has never said it was accepptable or not
 Couplelooking4fun
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/10/2006 1:02:29 PM
I am curious but what size bra do you wear? lol
 Scotchlassie
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 1:09:52 PM
Makes you want to ask what their IQ is

What an excellent response to those awful questions . . . I've had a few like those OP mentions - and this is a fantastic come back.
Thank you gambit
 Scotchlassie
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 1:13:32 PM

obviously you are choosing the wrong men to give your e-mail address out to.

Ummm . . . .
No metamorphize - they come out with this stuff on the web's email or on the webs IM
 blondblueyed
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/10/2006 2:01:22 PM

Words speak for themselves. They can be so refined as to mean miniscule things. So if you don't mean ALL men don't say ALL men. That easy. Don't say all men then have some Einstein come along and try to edit and speak on behalf of. Its as easy as trying "most" or "some", than "all".

You have to read all of the words. I didn't translate or edit anything that Butterfly said. You did. One more time for the 19 year old boy that can't seem to put his thought across without himself painting all women with one brush. After all you didn't say some or many girls or women you just said girls and women when you went on your expletive tirade. The original poster, said "all men that she had talked, emailed or chatted to." Pretty simple even a teenager should be able to understand.
 coug4
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/10/2006 4:26:28 PM
I would never ask a woman about the size of her breasts. I would ask her ' how many boxes of M&M's would it take to fill both cups.'
 luv_dancin
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/10/2006 4:37:01 PM
Can't say this is a problem I have really encountered....what am I doing wrong?
 smalltowngal1983
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 7:53:07 PM
I have had plenty of guys ask me in the first set of intial questions "what is your bra size" or "size". I have never asked a guy about is genital size ever. Honestly it really doesnt matter a great deal until you get to the point of have intimate relations with someone. And even then if you love them you make exceptions. Asking anyone there "size" is rude and very personal. Makes a lot a people self-conscienous. No one should ever be made to feel self-conscienous about thing that had to do with "size". God made you the way he made you for a reason. You can either except it or feel sorry for yourself.!!!!!!!!!!
 blondblueyed
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/10/2006 8:30:42 PM
Vorn, if you really are 10 years older then your profile claims, you should at least be able to figure out how to use spell check if you don't actually know how to spell, it also might keep you from putting letters together that don't even make real words. It kind of helps when you attempt to use big fancy phrases and terminology disguised as rhetoric.

Strange how it appears that there are some men that get offended by women that speak their minds about the way that some other men behave even the ones that claim not all men behave poorly toward women. They use even more boorish behavior or rude and obscene language then the faction being complained about at times. Kind of ironic, don't you think?
 Greenstar1
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 11:20:27 PM
butterflylady...I am sorry some guys were so rude. Yes, the anonymity is what does it for the skanky pervs who never get to see or touch a bra, so they ask embarassing questions to get a thrill.

Now, if you have participated in a forum about breast size or oral sex and expect no reaction to what you might have said, you will be wrong.

Rudeness is not socially acceptable in my life.
 NoMoreRegrets
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/10/2006 11:23:00 PM

Those of you who refer to a woman's breasts as titties, boobies, or racks, are obviously the boys who were bottle-fed as babies. Get over yourselves already... and no, I haven't asked any man how big his package is.... I thought this was about sex, not public school recess.

My response - depends on my mood.

One time I was talking with a guy and a girl, we all just met. He asks her how old she is. I quickly respond with, "My lord, asking a young lady her age? Why don't you ask her what her bra size is while you're..."

"34B," she responds.

I stood there for a few minutes while I tried to think of something appropriate to say. I just couldn't.
 your_pedestal
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/11/2006 3:11:52 AM
I think it is being crude ... by the way what is your bra size?
 Manotick_Dad
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/16/2006 7:52:49 PM
I've only just recently joined this site. While i've never asked a women her bra size I've not been convinced yet that its not an acceptable question to ask. I have to dismiss as rhetorical coments suck as "would you ask them in person". If the person can be seen then the need to ask is not necessary. The reason I'm not convinced that it "shallow" is that I know that we all have preferences with respect to many issues. I've seen women's profiles that only want tall men...is that a less offensive requirement that a man who posts only women with a D bra size. I suggest its not. Both are physical attributes that the individual finds important enough to identify. If the tall requirement is a minimum threshold, doesn't it tell someone who isn't tall that this individual wants this attribute and continue your search.

I put this out for your consideration and eagerly await your responses.
 redheadk
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/16/2006 10:32:59 PM
Exactly! A guy I had started dating asked me in the concessions line at the movies, "So, do you think I'm at all f***able?" I could not believe it! And he spent a lot of time trying to convince me that 4 inches was really 6 and a half... Some guys are all about that. And he also asked the "spit or swallow" question... why are guys so concerned about that?
 Fun2fun
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/17/2006 12:18:50 AM
Who likes big boobs?
I don't
 Manotick_Dad
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:02:50 AM
But you see fun2fun, thats exactly my point...you don't like big boobs, but thats your preference and I don't think its either right or wrong. I will concede that sometimes its asked in a crude or unacceptable way though. Thats unfortunate. I can't believe though that anybody is surprised by the question of bra size in this non visual medium. In North American society where breasts are so highly sexual, where skin magazines, strip clubs and even restaurants (Hooters) feature woman with large breasts. Where breast enhancements are a huge (no pun intended) industry, how can anyone be surprised?

Am I missing something?
 shore66
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/17/2006 8:25:24 AM
This is hardly a "non visual medium." A woman can have pics posted that give a pretty good indication of her body type, and is still asked this question. IMO there is no way that bra size can be asked by a stranger that is not "crude and unacceptable."
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > When did asking your bra size become socially acceptable?