Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 169
view profile
History
When did asking your bra size become socially acceptable?Page 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Who said it WAS socially acceptable? I don't know what kind of guys the OP's going out with--but I'd never even think of doing that, and neither would any of the guys I know.
 PhotoRadar
Msg: 171
When did asking your bra size become socially acceptable?
Posted: 3/7/2009 5:47:43 AM
I can't believe that! But obviously Your attracted to all the wrong type?
Although speaking of Double Standards, You can bet that if Mens Height
wasn't on the Profile, Most Women would be asking the Question within
5 minutes! Or, if they were bald!
What's the difference between these questions?
Just as Shallow!
 enginebuilder55
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2009 6:31:11 PM
Next time you here from the guys what your bra size. Ask them do they want a date with your bra? Tell them to pick it up at 7 p.m. but return it clean before 7 a.m. tomorrow before you go to work.
 *november babee*
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2009 8:26:33 AM
i guess its the female gripe equivalent of women asking a man how much he earns..?
both questions are inapropriate and show the intention of the enquirer...

if you dont like it you can always not answer and then delete/block them..

no one has to answer anything they are uncomfortable with .. thats what 'block' button is for ..
 Pomose
Msg: 175
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:21:46 PM
Don't know if this is on topic but I was watching this comedy show 10 years back, this female comic called a guy up on strage, the guy was like 6'5 , she crouched and emedietly started talking to his crotch starring right at it. Don't know if anyone caught this on comedy central, but the guy started covering up and you could see how uncomfortable he was feeling. he's backing up from her, it really made a point. She appologised to him afterwards, and he was a nice guy actually. She just said you were the biggest guy in the audience that's why I picked you. It made allot of people see how women feel I guess when they're approached and starred at. I always look in a persons eyes when I'm speaking to them, but that's just me.
 That_girl*
Msg: 176
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:44:16 PM
if a complete stranger ask me my bra size or etc etc i say its ur pin number they be like huh? i say well whats your pin number some become uncomfortable or angry then i say o anit that funny how does it feel now we are both uncomfortable an irrated were even now.
 rhonda333
Msg: 177
Posted: 10/17/2011 8:36:17 AM
I've never been asked my bra size- thankfully, but I do get "how tall are you" a lot. Once was asked my shoe size- and it was not in a shoe store. Foot fetish I guess.
 musical_turtle
Msg: 178
Posted: 10/17/2011 1:20:25 PM
I don't think it's acceptable, and I've never had a guy ask me something like that.
I think it's okay to compliment and tell a woman she's pretty or she has a nice body...but asking the bra size sounds too explicit & creepy.It would be like asking a guy what size his penis is.... very inappropriate lol.
 --Zen--
Msg: 179
Posted: 10/18/2011 10:12:16 AM
'Oral sex' and 'bra size' isn't in profiles however 'relationship history' and 'income' are. I'm not even gonna touch IE filter. Examine every detail of this particular site and abstractly think who is it geared to benefit before complaining.
 MikeWM
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 1:14:48 PM
I hate general knowledge questions

At a guess I reckon this probably became socially acceptable the day after having more of your tits on show than hidden became socially acceptable

As it would kind of seem to go together really

Did I win?

--Zen--
Msg: 184
Posted: 10/19/2011 6:01:19 AM

How is this question in the same league as woman who asks [ how big is it??? ] ? I mean, it is a legitimate and valuable question to get a sense of where a man earns his living. I like a man to ask me that question; I want him to have some idea of my life outside the bedroom. I'm not interested in him sharing my income, in the same way as I'm not interested in sharing his.

Wanting to know the size of his genitals, or him wanting the size of my breasts are two questions that are completely inappropriate in first messages on any dating site, in my opinion.

I don't know if you have noticed but men and women are different. People are different, that's what makes world fun.
I don't see women creaming their panties over guys who ask 'what do you do?' and 'where you from?' You can't standardize life. Perhaps this is why I find dating sites so offensive. Crappy, general, boring, one-fits-all profile and limits on self expression.
Yes in general guys are interested in boobs and yes in general women are interested in income potential and social status. Guys, in general could not care less what a woman does for a living or how much she makes just as long as she's happy. And women in general don't care about that fascinating organ guys are always preoccupied with.
Ignorance is forgivable but being completely oblivious to differences between genders is down right self-crippling. You can't have a functional relationship with someone you don't know and can not relate to.
Personally I could not care less about boob size and I think it's pretty stupid question but putting social etiquette restrictions on questions is equally dumb.
 wildlifelover1979
Msg: 185
Posted: 10/20/2011 6:28:29 AM
Guys are guys! We think about sex every 3 seconds. At least I do! LOL! Guys are different than women. Guys care more about physical appearances than women. We don't care about how much you make, your job, what you do for fun, etc. That is the way it has always been since the dawn of time.
 mac4069
Msg: 187
Posted: 8/1/2018 4:50:25 PM
That is hilarious. I've been trying to decide how to respond to a guy who asked me how busy I am.
 siisaa
Msg: 188
Posted: 8/1/2018 9:43:45 PM
Haha. I've only had one guy ask that but I was horny and wore a low-cut top with lots of cleavage out on purpose.
 sun_water
Msg: 189
Posted: 8/2/2018 7:13:12 AM
It's never been socially acceptable. Not when this thread was created more than 10 years ago and not today.
 ssm508
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2018 6:32:23 AM
I never mentioned anything about a woman's bra size. Unless I had dating her for a while.
 TheBuxomBeauty
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2018 3:58:52 PM
I've been asked that question as well. I have also been asked questions that were a lot more rude. I don't reply, I just block them. I think men say things to women to see how far they can push a woman. A woman should always maintain her dignity and not accept rude behavior.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2018 4:49:54 PM
siisaa and buxom beauty

and did he ask if you were "shaven"? Men will ask the most personal questions when behind a screen and why they want to know a bra size when they can see for themselves, I dont know.. lol!!
The other puzzle is why some send dick pics to a stranger and think we would be turned on by that..
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2018 4:53:42 PM
wildlifelover
I call bullshit on that, we do care about appearances, and men do want to know if we are employed, our activities and so on if they are half way decent and intelligent...You are talking about yourself.
Posted: 8/10/2018 9:24:47 PM
I usually don't have to ask. Most of the time I can tell what size a woman's breasts are by looking at them. I'm right most of the time. As for asking. I usually don't mention it unless the conversation gets onto that subject. Sometime a woman might ask what turns me on or physical appearances I like. I'm a boob guy so that can start it off.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2018 11:25:34 AM
The really funny part is that most men think that the number on the bra size is her bust size.

It's not. It's her CHEST size.

A womens chest size is estimated by measuring right below her bust. And again just above. Then the average of the two numbers is the CHEST size.

The letters after mean:

Double A (AA) means BUST and CHEST measure the same.
A means BUST is 1 inch bigger.
B means 2 inches bigger.
C means ……. (etc.)

So a woman with a 32D bra size would have a 36 inch bust. NOT a 32.

But, this is really all theory anyway. Bra sizes vary. Women just buy what fits.

So there is NO way to determine her measurements by bra size.
I guess you could tell if her bust is BIG or not before meeting her. But that's about all.

How stupid the question is.
But you can still estimate the man's I.Q. number if he asks it.

However, I agree with posters who said that men just asked questions like that to see what they could get away with.
They tell me more than they ask.

And:

The other puzzle is why some send dick pics to a stranger and think we would be turned on by that..

I think that both SOME men and SOME women make the mistake of believing that the same sorts of things that turn on much of their own gender work on the other.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2018 1:36:56 PM
msg#238:

But, this is really all theory anyway. Bra sizes vary. Women just buy what fits.

So there is NO way to determine her measurements by bra size.
I guess you could tell if her bust is BIG or not before meeting her. But that's about all.

How stupid the question is.
But you can still estimate the man's I.Q. number if he asks it.

A similar thing with dress size,pant size, blouse size, etc.
There IS NO standard size--- No standard size pattern for women's clothing.
A size ten from one designer/manufacturer might be a size two from another.
Usually the higher end clothing lines feature 'vanity sizing'---the woman is the same size, but now she can fit into a so-called size two rather than a size ten! Brilliant!

Sizes vary. In the end women buy what fits~
(Or it hangs in their closet forever, looking pretty,but never able to be worn. hahaha)
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 197
Posted: 8/12/2018 4:26:19 PM

The other puzzle is why some send****pics to a stranger and think we would be turned on by that..

When I first started on line dating I was on a site that allowed pictures. I got a guy who sent a picture of his purple-blue penis against a pasty vainly thigh.
The only thing that went through my mind was 1. Is he trying to turn me off of sex altogether? AND why is it that color? What is he doing to himself?

I have never had a guy ask me my bra size. I do agree men are totally unaware of what bra size is. They really want to know cup size NOT bra size. But what does it matter unless he is willing to buy me a bra? OTHERWISE, why does it matter?
 Werecow
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 9:34:24 AM
At first, I thought there was a generational aspect, where guys born later feel that it's more acceptable to ask those questions; however, after reading public profile comments on other social sites, I realized that every generation has more than its share of disrespectful people.

I was married twice, once for five years, once for 14, and never knew or cared what bra size either wife wore -- because it didn't matter.

Afterthought: Maybe some guys ask about bra size because they want to date someone they can share lingerie with ... ?
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 9:44:08 AM
msg#241:
Afterthought: Maybe some guys ask about bra size because they want to date someone they can share lingerie with ... ?

You may be on to something...
Same could be said for asking shoe size~
(Pondering...)
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >