Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Born2bewild62
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?Page 11 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Welcome to the club!
 Diva64
Msg: 252
Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?
Posted: 8/3/2007 9:39:15 PM
SERRE1................COULD YOU REPEAT THAT..............no allow me.........

Why is that we assume that only beautiful women or handsome men can be rude. I have seen plenty of unattractive people with chips on their shoulders that can be mean and hateful as well. The bottom line is - you like what you like! So save yourself the trouble and heartache and post a picture. If they're interested, fine. If not, that's ok too.

OP,
Really, either you continue business as usual and keep expecting different results or you learn from the lessons life is giving and change your approach...........

If a guy contacts you with a picture up............then you know he's REALLy interested..........which is better?.......not showing a picture and getting involved with someone who has no idea what you look like and build an email/phone relationship only to have them reject you once you've put yourself in to it........or...........cut to the chase and put a picture up so that you KNOW, when he contacts you............he won't be dissapointed..........you gotta admit........there are men you are NOT attracted to.........you can't honestly say you have liked every man that has come your way??
 EC22
Msg: 253
Posted: 8/4/2007 7:44:38 AM
IMO it's more polite to be upfront with tact than ignore a person when you are no longer interested in him/her. If that person responds in a rude way, then that's their problem. I have recevied a few rude emails when I told a woman that I wasn't interested after I saw their pics. I don't let it bother me. BTW ignoring a person doesn't always stop rude emails. I know some people who have received rude emails after ignoring someone they weren't interested in.

Also you can always block or ignore a person that you stated that you aren't interested in him or her. There are several possible reasons why a person A isn't interested in person B after person A sees person B pic.

1. Person B is completely unattractive.
2. Person B could be attractive, but not photogenic or has a poor pic.
3. Person B isn't completely Person A's physical type. Maybe Person B would look better to Person A with a different hairstyle or if Person B lost/gained a few pounds.
4. Person B looks different than what he/she described him/herself in the profile.
5. Person A is too picky and has unrealistic expectations.

Women care about looks just as much as men if not more. Many men wouldn't date obese women. Many women wouldn't date obese men, short men, or bald men. There have been a few occasions where I was willing to give a woman who isn't exactly my physical type or is below average looking ( like a 4 out of a 10 ) a chance because we had a lot of common interests and we matched each others non-physical requirements, but she wasn't willing to give me a chance.
 Diva64
Msg: 254
Posted: 8/4/2007 9:59:47 AM
REALLY EC22............obesity in THIS thread too??

DAYYYYYYYYYYYYUM!

I guess fat is the root of ALLLLLLLLLLLL PHUCKIN EVIL!
 Diva64
Msg: 255
Posted: 8/4/2007 10:04:11 AM

This thread topic is so silly, yet I can understand why you want to know if you are unaware!

OKAY..................WTF?????

Here's YOUR card!
 EC22
Msg: 256
Posted: 8/4/2007 12:36:54 PM
REALLY EC22............obesity in THIS thread too??

DAYYYYYYYYYYYYUM!

I guess fat is the root of ALLLLLLLLLLLL PHUCKIN EVIL!

Weight was one of several examples to prove that women care about looks just as much as men if not more. I also mentioned height and hairstyle among other things. You focused on one word instead of the entire post.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 257
Posted: 8/4/2007 3:03:33 PM
How did this hit 14 pages? If a guy sees your photo and then stops talking, he didn't like what he saw. Why is that difficult to understand?
 ritawayward
Msg: 258
Posted: 8/4/2007 3:25:53 PM
Contrary to what you say on your profile your pic is of your mouth, tongue and teeth,
NOT your face!
A face includes eyes, nose, ALL your facial features.
Games are silly.
Trix are for kids!
 ritawayward
Msg: 259
Posted: 8/4/2007 3:29:57 PM
My message was referring to sillygirl1
I thought I had quoted her so the connection would be obvious.
Message didnt show that so I am clarifying.
 greenfeather
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2007 3:44:57 PM
"f your out and see someone that catches your eye than your goiing to approach them, if someone doesnt not catch your eye than your not goiing to say to yourself " I bet that person has a nice personality i should go and talk to them" "

You might if the person has something else going for them... like they are a great guitar player who just finished an awesome set, or some other thing that interests you. My point is: if you weren't born with supermodel looks, go for something "interesting" that might attract others of like mind to want to get to know you. Wear eye-catching outfits, have a unique tattoo, have a talent, be interesting.

If you are nice looking but bland & vanilla, I wouldn't know what to talk to you about.
 Zeyphr
Msg: 261
Posted: 8/28/2007 12:12:40 PM
Because you aren't the Playboy Bunny, Hooters Girl, Penthouse Model he was looking for dearie. So tell those girls to stop stealing our psyche and making us want them and maybe we won't run when we see those who don't measure up.
 Hazeldreaming
Msg: 262
Posted: 5/6/2008 11:44:56 AM
Obviously this topic is never going away. Ugh. Would you believe with all the pictures I have on my profile I still get emailed asking for more? There are a couple of reasons that have been stated many times.

Men are visually oriented, they just like pretty pictures. I noticed it often with my ex husband. He always noticed a sunset, a landscape, a car...whatever. I seem to be more visual than most women (they call me a guy girl.) So I guess I get that. They just like to look...

Or

They are doing seedier things. I have been amazed, having become single again at the way men have behaved in my home. Any maintenance guy, cable tech or computer dude will ask me if I have any "pictures". "Sexy pictures?". I guess I look like the type. Or they see a pic from my portfolio on the desk. But what possesses them to think that I have them in the first place (not saying I don't... ) but that I will break them out and show them to them? Its crazy but true.

Everyone argues that looks aren't everything. And there's the obesity argument. All of this really is fruitless. Even if you are great looking you might not be my type. I tend to be pulled in more by the eyes. But I hear people say "I don't look like a troll" as if this is the sole reason they shouldn't be rejected. Its all about taste. The truth is

Beautiful woman + Handsome man DOES NOT = match made in heaven.

Seems like I just recently had a conversation in which I described someone I know who cares for me. I don't feel the way he feels. The person asked me "What's wrong with him"? NOTHING. He's wonderful. Its called CHEMISTRY. Its there or its not.
Its hard to tell on here yes. And a photo helps. If its an interesting photo that shows personality...it will help. But I grow weary of men who think "well I'm handsome she should want me" and then get angry with me. I'm sure the same happens in reverse. There are so many freakin factors you can't verbalize them all. Someone reminds you of your mother or father...and that's the type you go for. I'm not only about looks, but when I do see someone it isn't always the obvious "handsomeness" that attracts. I'm sure men will say the same. A woman can be a supermodel and if he doesn't feel it he doesn't. Maybe he likes the girl next door.

Chacun son goût
To Each his OWN.

Relax...its far more attractive.
 Shangrila4242
Msg: 263
Posted: 5/6/2008 12:09:51 PM
So what, a relative stranger didn't like the way you look. Don't take it personally, and go and find someone right for you.

Cheers!
 DownToEarthGirl101
Msg: 264
Posted: 5/6/2008 12:44:57 PM
I dunno... I think people honestly think they're being "polite" or "nice" by not responding after seeing a pic, but in all reality and from my perspective... Not responding is just down right cowardly and rude... It takes far more courage and respect to tell someone how you honestly feel than turning around and "not responding"...

And they call it being polite ? Please... Don't insult my intelligence by hiding behind a facade of respect and by being ever so graceful enough to save "me" from "your" feelings.... honestly .... We're all grown ups here... How bout you "rejector's" out there let the "rejectee" chose how they are going to respond and react to your apparent supreficialness and shallowness by giving them the chance?

What are you afraid of.... being judged yourself?

If you're not interested, then simply say you're not interested... there are 1001 ways of letting someone down easily and respectfully... Show some respect people!

For those that have been rejected strictly on a solitary moment captured on film... Have faith... the one that can appreciate you for who you are is there... Good luck in your search
 dancerdolphin
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 12:47:16 PM
Psssssssssssssstttt......... :)

I am grateful we are not all attracted to the same thing. It would leave the rest of us fabulously beautiful, inside and out, people in the "dog-house" so to speak.
As for me , new to this wonderful site and the world of internet dating; it is all part of the plan. I have trouble putting my pics on becuse I have had weird guys follow me home at night too often as it is. Call me insecure, call me realist.
If a prospective interest reads my open book, sees my photo, and doesn't reply, so be it.
I say " NEXT!" And his loss ; I could have been the best sister ever met.
So many "fish" ; throw them back , silently, and throw the pole back in. Liked that comment. Someone for everyone.
"Namastay".....the God in me sees the God in you. Even with your percieved flaws in the material world. ( Even if God is only your own image.)
I prefer to view you deeper on a spiritual level.
Guess what?!?!?...looks change, we get old, and wrinkled ,no matter how much make-up, botox, etc... I am looking for friends, as well as lovers that last a lfetime, and the next if possible. BE the LOVE you SEEK.

Hazeldreaming
Msg: 266
Posted: 5/6/2008 3:31:23 PM

I dunno... I think people honestly think they're being "polite" or "nice" by not responding after seeing a pic, but in all reality and from my perspective... Not responding is just down right cowardly and rude... It takes far more courage and respect to tell someone how you honestly feel than turning around and "not responding"...

I do think you mean after someone asks to see a picture and then doesn't respond? Because otherwise it would be an awfully arduous task to stop and tell everyone who contacts you what you don't like and why? Sometimes I don't want to know myself. It just isn't meant to be. But occasionally I have asked. Usually after a date that seemed to go well. Just to be sure I haven't misrepresented myself. Usually its the reality of my situation that gets men. And I'm hoping that is the truth. I've pressed to be sure. Then if they don't answer yes its cowardly, because I have asked. Some can take it some can't. And some people's opinions matter to us more than others. So I agree with you to a point.
 Badboy65260
Msg: 267
Posted: 5/6/2008 3:59:54 PM
Ok, people...it's like this....It's all about your looks, if you are attractive, or not. Ihave had so many people I ask them what is the 1st thing you notice about a female/male (whichever the case may be) I have gotten answers that range from "their laugh, to their smile, sexy voice ect. ect.. Truth is, The FIRST thing you notice about a person is their looks...Hot or not?...Nice figure, have all their teeth....big/small Breasts, nice badonkadonk...thats cause we as humans are all about visual aspects of the race, You can't tell me you like a guy by his voice if you haven't met him face to face, you wanna see how he LOOKS Handsome or not And the plain truth is this ...What is pleasing to the eye, and to the heart is never the same . People say.."It's whats inside that counts" You don't know what's "inside" at first...all you know is what you see...Sexy, Handsome, Hot, Beautiful, whatever the term...It's about looks "Do I "do it" for you or not?...Simple as that...yeah I'll reply and say not interested, if I'm not...dosen't bother me....and I'd expect a female to do the same for me.
 Hazeldreaming
Msg: 268
Posted: 5/6/2008 4:14:42 PM
Alright...I agree with you that its about looks. But everyone isn't looking for the same look. As you mentioned big/small breasts? Some like big (probably more), but some like small. Yes I notice looks first too. BUT,

AS far as liking someone's voice before I meet them? YES I can do that. Their laugh? YES. It could very well get me to take the time to meet them. Then if the visual and auditory are somewhat congruent, it might work. And of course I have liked a voice only to find out that the person behind it was an Ewok. So it didn't work.

Its mainly looks yes. But there are other factors. Maybe you realize they are too far away. Maybe you realize after re-reading their profile they are a staunch liberal and you wear red bow ties. If we were to second guess this to death we'd make ourselves completely nuts. (Those of us that aren't already.)
 indehills
Msg: 269
Posted: 5/6/2008 4:26:03 PM
Just post a pic and you'll never have to worry about this again. Who in their right mind would want to go out for a date with someone that you've never seen before? That's like shopping for something online - a shirt, a computer, anything - and just buying it based on the description but not actually getting to see what it looks like. Who would do that?
 DLo!
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 4:28:21 PM
Your screen name suggest you are hot- These sites are based on attraction and many don't get to the next step to share a wonderful personality if the physical attraction isn't there. .....but really...I'm not talking to you right now j/k
All Love Xo~D'Lo!
 Badboy65260
Msg: 271
Posted: 5/9/2008 8:22:53 AM
HOTPINKANGEL

Msg: 1
view profile
History

Posted: 6/6/2006 738 PM
Why can't they be man enough to say NOT INTERESTED???????....My profile says I am not a beauty..I know that but GEEZ.....

And no pic??....oxymoron there...you ask a ? that has to do with your picture, but yet you have none WTF??
 Sweet Lavender
Msg: 272
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:24:14 AM
Let's face it we all have a type, whether we admit it or not.

Post your pic for all to see, therefore eliminating disappointment. No pic no communication. Nobody get's hurt, nobody looses an eye.

My experience on POF has been that most men "shop in the wrong mall." Sadly, society will never evade this practice until Hollywood stop's glamorizing male/female relationship's with TV show's like "King Of Queen's, Life According to Jim." Average looking, chubby, balding men with an attractive, slim wives. Or TV commercial's with average to below average, short, chubby, balding men with an attractive, slim, stylish woman by their side. Real life is not a TV show/commercial.

Having said that, I'm in no way implying that I'm the best catch on POF, however I make every effort to maintain a look that is current and attractive to the best of what I've got.

:)
 That_girl*
Msg: 273
Posted: 12/14/2008 4:05:33 PM
well it's 3 basics..

A) they saw the persons pic an was not turned on or intrested..

B) they are looking for new jackoff material.

C) or they just want to collect pics from random women so they can go back an b ull shit to thier friends that ya look at all the women who want me ooo dude i'm sucha pimp..or make up stories that they have had sex with each one of them..
 **~renegadeoutlaw~**
Msg: 274
Posted: 12/14/2008 4:08:38 PM
Because shallow is the game.......

I think it happens on the part of BOTH genders......
 cdn-iceman
Msg: 275
Posted: 12/14/2008 7:31:39 PM
That girl* where did you come up with this shit? give me a break

B) they are looking for new jackoff material
C) or they just want to collect pics from random women so they can go back an b ull shit to thier friends that ya look at all the women who want me ooo dude i'm sucha pimp..or make up stories that they have had sex with each one of them that girl*
I guess reading isnt something you do too ? the OP didnt ask what they do with the pics????? she asked why cant men who see her pics tell her after they view her pics and be honest and say " they are not interested"

On topic, I suspect most men dont want to hurt your feelings by saying they are not interested, its easier for them to ignore you.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?