Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EC22
Msg: 72
Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?Page 16 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
because some men are shallow ...

He isn't necessary shallow. In some cases he just simply wasn't attracted to the woman. Maybe in other cases, he has unrealistic expectations or is too picky. This can also apply to women. I do think it's rude to stop talking to someone without any kind explanation. It doesn't have to be a detalied explanation either. Something that is honest and upfront with TACT. I would say something like you aren't 'my physical type' or 'I'm not interested'. I wouldn't say that 'you are ugly'.
 dpd22
Msg: 73
Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?
Posted: 7/31/2007 10:47:14 AM
He isn't necessary shallow. In some cases he just simply wasn't attracted to the woman. Maybe in other cases, he has unrealistic expectations or is too picky. This can also apply to women.

I can understand no longer being interested in someone you are completely unattracted to. Yet I think a fair amount of okay looking and below average looking people ( men and women ) will turn down an okay looking person that they could be compatible with because they only go after the beauty queens. Also, a pic usually gives a general idea of what a person looks like, but you can't always tell how attractive a person is from a few pics. Some people can look better or worse in person than they do in a pic for a variety of reasons.

I do think it's rude to stop talking to someone without any kind explanation. It doesn't have to be a detalied explanation either. Something that is honest and upfront with TACT. I would say something like you aren't 'my physical type' or 'I'm not interested'. I wouldn't say that 'you are ugly'.

I do agree with this whether you are no longer interested in the other person after exchanging pics, a few email/phone conversations or 1-2 dates.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:18:17 PM
Penny,, I couldn't have said it better,,

OP---People are so hung up,, on why they are rejected,, this is the internet right,, it's not like your insulting your best friend,, no one really knows anyone one on here,, well for the most part,, we all have friends.. My experience has been when I get a message and say no thank you polity,, I get hate mail..about 50/50.. Don't loose sleep over the internent dating,, focus on life,, and the friends you have,,this place is fake,, with a hope of some realism.. Go read Penny 's respose again,, she hit the nail on the head.. Good luck,, Norm
 disducky
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:27:52 PM
Don't blame it on men. Plenty of women do it too.
 mfreemo
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:33:42 PM
Doesn't it have the same message? Why do you want them to SAY "Not Interested"?
 EC22
Msg: 77
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:46:41 PM
if guys don't like my pic toooooo f**cking bad for them....thats what i look like and not about to change that just to please some jerk...and i have done the same to guys...ask for a pic ..they oblige and i go EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! yuk yuk yuk LOL..keep fishing HPA ..there has to be someone out there not so shallow

Lie I stated in a previous post, a man isn't necessary a shallow jerk because he isn't attracted to you, but I do think in some cases people have unrealistic expectations.
 wiseguy74
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/2/2007 5:42:58 PM
Well you know women do it to the men as well....but who cares move on there is someone out there that will likr ur pic
 dpd22
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/3/2007 8:17:22 AM

I dont know if this happens to men, but i know of people who have politely told someone after seeing their pics that they werent interested...

only to recieve a whole pile of nasty abuse back...

if they dont reply you have your answer anyway - why do you need it to be spelt out?

IMO it's more polite to be upfront with tact than ignore a person when you are no longer interested in him/her. If that person responds in a rude way, then that's their problem. I have recevied a few rude emails when I told a woman that I wasn't interested after I saw their pics. I don't let it bother me. BTW ignoring a person doesn't always stop rude emails. I know some people who have received rude emails after ignoring someone they weren't interested in.
 * Succinct *
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/3/2007 9:06:10 PM
the ridiculous questions never end....i'll say it right now...NOT INTERESTED.
 Born2bewild62
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2007 9:17:12 PM
Welcome to the club!
 EC22
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/4/2007 7:44:38 AM
IMO it's more polite to be upfront with tact than ignore a person when you are no longer interested in him/her. If that person responds in a rude way, then that's their problem. I have recevied a few rude emails when I told a woman that I wasn't interested after I saw their pics. I don't let it bother me. BTW ignoring a person doesn't always stop rude emails. I know some people who have received rude emails after ignoring someone they weren't interested in.

Also you can always block or ignore a person that you stated that you aren't interested in him or her. There are several possible reasons why a person A isn't interested in person B after person A sees person B pic.

1. Person B is completely unattractive.
2. Person B could be attractive, but not photogenic or has a poor pic.
3. Person B isn't completely Person A's physical type. Maybe Person B would look better to Person A with a different hairstyle or if Person B lost/gained a few pounds.
4. Person B looks different than what he/she described him/herself in the profile.
5. Person A is too picky and has unrealistic expectations.

Women care about looks just as much as men if not more. Many men wouldn't date obese women. Many women wouldn't date obese men, short men, or bald men. There have been a few occasions where I was willing to give a woman who isn't exactly my physical type or is below average looking ( like a 4 out of a 10 ) a chance because we had a lot of common interests and we matched each others non-physical requirements, but she wasn't willing to give me a chance.
 EC22
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/4/2007 12:36:54 PM
REALLY EC22............obesity in THIS thread too??

DAYYYYYYYYYYYYUM!

I guess fat is the root of ALLLLLLLLLLLL PHUCKIN EVIL!

Weight was one of several examples to prove that women care about looks just as much as men if not more. I also mentioned height and hairstyle among other things. You focused on one word instead of the entire post.
 dancerdolphin
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 12:47:16 PM
Psssssssssssssstttt......... :)

I am grateful we are not all attracted to the same thing. It would leave the rest of us fabulously beautiful, inside and out, people in the "dog-house" so to speak.
As for me , new to this wonderful site and the world of internet dating; it is all part of the plan. I have trouble putting my pics on becuse I have had weird guys follow me home at night too often as it is. Call me insecure, call me realist.
If a prospective interest reads my open book, sees my photo, and doesn't reply, so be it.
I say " NEXT!" And his loss ; I could have been the best sister ever met.
So many "fish" ; throw them back , silently, and throw the pole back in. Liked that comment. Someone for everyone.
"Namastay".....the God in me sees the God in you. Even with your percieved flaws in the material world. ( Even if God is only your own image.)
I prefer to view you deeper on a spiritual level.
Guess what?!?!?...looks change, we get old, and wrinkled ,no matter how much make-up, botox, etc... I am looking for friends, as well as lovers that last a lfetime, and the next if possible. BE the LOVE you SEEK.

DLo!
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 4:28:21 PM
Your screen name suggest you are hot- These sites are based on attraction and many don't get to the next step to share a wonderful personality if the physical attraction isn't there. .....but really...I'm not talking to you right now j/k
All Love Xo~D'Lo!
 rdcnorm
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/26/2009 8:34:30 PM
Claudia^^^^ if that were true, why would men need a picture,
What we do is,, we evaluate the womans attitude,,,,
 SmartestGuyinworld
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/27/2009 7:02:01 AM
Even good looking guys like me, get the same treatment. I don't take good pictures.

REALITY CHECK:...........
The vast majority (of guys) are looking for a Playboy Bunny, or (for women) a GQ Stud, with a 39 Foot Sting Ray cabin cruiser.

SmartestGuyinworld
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/27/2009 7:06:26 AM
......We do???..........ha, ha, ha.

Just checked out the "ON-LINE" at Plentyoffish.com.
It was 80% guys, and 20% women............Good luck.

You're better off going to a bar tonight.

rdcnorm
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/27/2009 7:26:52 AM

REALITY CHECK:...........
The vast majority (of guys) are looking for a Playboy Bunny, or (for women) a GQ Stud, with a 39 Foot Sting Ray cabin cruiser.

Yep I did a reality check,, I conclude if that's what we were all looking for,, most of us would be on a different site,, or hanging out at the yacht club..

Where as most of us, I would think don't have a hidden agenda,, excluding sex of course,,,, not many admit to liking that right off the bat.. there are some men and women who will admit openly that they like it,, but they need to be attracted to that person,, therefore good pictures are a must..
 clito
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/31/2009 7:19:06 PM
For the same reason that women who appear genuinely interested, are quick to end an online conversation and scurry away-not interested or turned on!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?