Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wild Heart
Msg: 26
Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?Page 2 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Actually, I think this question has an obvious answer. :)

I don't worry myself at all about people that don't respond after 1 or 2 emails. If they are not interested, they are not interested. Fini la.
 ladyc4
Msg: 27
Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?
Posted: 7/28/2006 8:26:40 AM

I have a question though. I was talking for days with a guy and sent him more pics of me. We still talked that night, but the last two he hasn't been around.Now when I search for his profile its not there

Means his wife/gf caught him!

Seriously,ya gotta learn to shrug this sort of thing off...

I DO hear you on the deal about not hurting people's( yes guys ARE people LOL)feelings, and I try to really look at the pic, it may be just a bad photo(and sometimes, depending on tech factors, photos appear on a site with a certain degree of distortion!) So we all should be careful about blowing somebody off just because their picture didn't make our hormones(or whatever!) stand up and cheer...but yeah, sometimes ya just KNOW there is no way that it's gonna happen, just please try to handle it gracefully and kindly if you can...
What goes areound comes around.
Cindy O
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/28/2006 8:38:48 AM

Plus I don't want some pushy guy demanding to see me. People judge us by our looks too much when really that only tells part of the story.

I don't know you or what you look like but that comment is typical the denial defense used by the 400 lb and up club.

If there is no photo on your profile, it's my opinion that you should say why there isn't one.

As far as people judging by looks, do you go out of your way to date the ugliest men you can find?

Face the fact. Looks are what the initial attraction is about. Personality can't come into play until people actually meet and talk. And a picture of your shoe, your car, your dog, your pickup truck, a coastline, or a ghastly photo of yourself in a robe and curlers with a beer in one hand and a cigarette hanging out of your mouth will likely get you passed over every time.

It is what it is, ya know?
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2006 9:03:00 AM
..I'd rather they say NOT Interested....but not saying anything is not easy for my ego to accept...I know I am not a Barbie or a Model...heck I could model for the Goodyear Blimp but I am also honest about it...We did not get to choose who our parents are...IF we could do you think I would have sellected the ones I had.....nope I'd ask for Pamela anderson or maybe Dolly Parton's but I didn't get to ....so I deal with it by being honest ....I do not wish it upon anyone but who can guarantee that they will look as handsome/pretty as they do now....you never know what is in store...a terrible accident....fire...who knows...would you be less the person you are because of it...no....but IF you look at the outside and not the inner person you MIGHT one day get a huge awakening....
 Don_Quixote
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 11:46:16 AM
Its not only MEN that do that, I have had the same thing happen to me many times from women, now I have pics up all the time so I know anyone who sends me a message has already seen my pic and more or less decided they like me. Everybody has an idea of who they like and who they don't, thats life I'm afraid.
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/9/2006 5:11:07 AM
EHA, work with me here. I would guess, after looking at how clearly you define things in your profile, that you hear from mostly men who fill the bill, with the occasional wannabe thrown in there. Your specific age range, likes, etc... pretty much spells it out.

Add to that the fact that you are gorgeous, have an incredible figure and such a happy smile, and I don't see you wanting for opportunity.

See if I was 20 years younger and not 2500 miles away...

In my case, trust me when I tell you that posting a photo would do nothing to enhance my prospects...
 bleeptwo
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/9/2006 6:02:16 AM
Well the truth is woman can be as shallow as men when it comes to looks and pictures. I ti snot just a man thing. But with age should come wisdom. By that I mean I am 46 years old the older I get the less the picture means to me. Hell I am not 21 any more nor do I expect the woman i date to be 21 either. Call me a romantic or a bit to logical but lol I chipped a corner piece of my tooth off a few weeks ago I have not got IT fixed yet. Been way to busy running my business and raising two kids an a mother they is very suck. But one woman lol it quote TURNED her off LOL. Come on now my tooth will get fixed a very very minor flaw. But some people search for perfection here on the Internet what I have seen more of is they are repeating the same mistakes they made before. example one woman I met and did like complained how men she has married and dated did not treat her well and were alcoholic's. Well he had met once and she had actually been talking to another man as much as me. So she met me then the next day met this man at a local park where a BBQ was going on the guy was drunk when she got there but she agreed to meet him again. She started dating him and told me so I appreciated that. I got an email from her yesterday after months telling me how she made a mistake and the guy was a drunk no job and was arrested for domestic violence. Now she said she wanted to day me see me again. My response was no maybe I was wrong but it was my decision. So do not lump all men into a certain group oh and for you woman and men out there who put average body style that does not mean 5 foot 2 and 170 pounds at least in my book. Did you think we would not notice when we met lol I met one like that months ago but I was polite and gracious and I did tell her I was not interested.
 bleeptwo
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/9/2006 6:18:15 AM
Damn your the guy she was dating
lol
just kiding.
I assume the post was meant for me if not hope oops lol
My point was actually that with age comes wisdom an she was attracted to me but also in a relationship people do tend to repeat past behavior etc. It is hard to change ones habits after 20 years. But people must make a conscious effort to do so
 bleeptwo
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/9/2006 6:18:47 AM
that last post was for trouble lol
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/9/2006 8:30:24 AM
Guys, chime in here. How many "read deleted" messages with no reply do you get?

And all you do in the message is say a non-commital, non-demanding hello!!!

That is just rude no matter who does it.

And now the women will say "I get so much email....." cough cough cough bullsh!t cough...

What that means is "You aren't 6'2" tall and have a sculptured body and earn $250,000 a year and sucker enough to buy me what I want for the three years we stay together before I take you for half in the divorce".

And you know what is funny? Some of the that do the R&D thing have SO little to offer and sound SO desperate in their profile that they should go out and grab the next single man that passes their house!
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/9/2006 7:47:46 PM

she has nice lines...sleek...fast...

Not to mention a great pair of jibs....
 canyunflyer
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2006 7:59:00 PM
Put up a Darn picture! On your profile. Everybody! As far as I am concerned... if there is no picture...SOMETHING IS WRONG. It could be any number of things from married to disordered.... but, whatever the case...something is Wrong, pure and simple!!!

How many people besides me are absolutely Sick of People in here who won't put up a picture and then proceed to be very judgemental and sarcastic because the rest of us either want a picture or we don't like what we see when we finally get one??!!!

I mean, come on..... how easy is it to get apic nowdays? Easy. Allmost everyone has dig. cameras now... and if you don't, then go to staples or someplace and get a digital made from a regular old foto! Its easy. The managers of this site will prob. post it for you if you mail it to them too! I've seen and heard lots of excuses for no pics.... they are all bogus in my book. This goes for those of you who have the other stuff where your picture is supposed to be too! Those images you seem to think so clever, are nothing but a pronouncement of immaturity.... or Worse?

I realize there are some who would put up a phoney picture, even if it was an absolute requirement on the site.... but there is nothing that can be done about the pathologically dishonest. The rest of us just have to be smarter than them...which isn't all that hard. ha!

Why doesn't someone Like me?? wha...wha...wha! A lot of people arn't going to like us, thats why!! It should have nothing to do with what you think of yourselves. If it does... get into a support group!
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/10/2006 10:13:15 AM
I love the ones who say "my friends say I am pretty."

And then you see the photos and your only thought is "Whatever it takes, you hang on to those friends".....

One told me she was pretty, "according to my friends", and sent a photo. Her eyes went in opposite directions like Marty Feldman and her hair was so thin she was almost bald.

Yowie kazowie!!
 petite2760
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/23/2006 11:10:30 PM
well put PINEBREEZE, why would men/women contact you without having thier picture posted? I can understand if the one they are trying to get hold of has no pic either. But if one has pix, you ask for theirs, to be polite, YOU DIDN'T LIKE WHAT YOU SEE, too bad. Is that pretty hard to understand??
 athletic_funny4
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/24/2006 7:52:35 AM
You say you'd rather hear "sorry not interested" than nothing at all. Everyone on here experiences what you are experiencing. So just accept the fact that no reply means "sorry not interested". I do.
 Funme40
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/26/2006 6:51:36 AM
OP, this is why you should post a pic no matter what you look like.
Posted: 8/26/2006 7:55:16 AM

when I see no pic, my first thought says they're married
Yes, that could be one thing, or entangled in some sort of relationship. OR fear because:

For most people there has to be some sort of physical attraction. You can be charming and whitty and a very nice sounding person on the phone but if the attraction isn't there it becomes an issue to be considered.

I don't expect my prospects to be gorgeous, but attraction is important. I'm more likely to respond when someone has a pic on their profile than when they do not, or if they attach one to their emai.
 roguegent
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2006 8:06:08 AM
Look at it this way: If you were out in public, and a man started speaking to you from behind a tree and continued the conversation this way, what would you think? What if you asked him to come from behind the tree and refused? What if he did and he did not appeal to you physically? I have the same reaction when contacted by someone who does not have a picture on their profile. Just who am I responding to?

Post a pic. It is much less stressful in the long run.
 chicago081
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2006 8:09:21 AM
Men are creatures of vision, it is all about what they see, they are hung up on looks. They care very little about your personality, it's all about the looks.
Posted: 8/26/2006 9:39:50 AM

Men are creatures of vision, it is all about what they see

How can you say that, Chicago? Would you date someone whom you had no attraction for? Nature has made us ALL creatures of appeal. It is not limited to men only and it is very unfair to lump such a generalization upon only half the population.
 barebackbj
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/2/2006 8:22:14 AM
OMG Are you serious.

You cant figure it out?

They dont like what you look like.

Boy some people are f...u...c...k...i...n. dumb.

Maybe you should put in your profile that if the pic turns you off please let me know.

That should help you figure it out
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?