Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bru1963
Msg: 51
Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?Page 3 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Well unfortunately women do the same, so I posted mine and if they like what they see they can contact me.
 hinote13
Msg: 52
Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?
Posted: 9/3/2006 8:26:31 AM
Both women and men are all visual people. There has to be some physicial attraction. But what is underneath it more important. I have found that most men I have met if they are very attractive they are more**** and a big turn off. The men that aren't as attractive ususally have the biggest hearts and it's not all about them. There is an old saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

People are very superficial now a days. The other man that is a big turn off talks all about sex and tells you about what his nick names are. Wants to know what your wearing or if your shaving. Gee I think we have figured that kind of man out haven't we ladies.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/4/2006 7:59:27 PM
Okay, I did not read all the previous posts, too long for me tonight!
Let me add my take on this:
I think that for those women who already do have a pic, and the guy asks
for more, then either he likes your looks and wants to see more of you, or
he simply is using the pics to jack off to!
Then he might be saving many photos on his computer for his own
pleasure.....weirdo.
If you don't have a pic, then yes people will want to see who they
are contacting, they might not be attracted to you, or they might
just be playing games and asking a lot of women for pics, never
intending to go any further.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/7/2006 8:22:17 AM
Hmm...Women do the same. That's EXACTLY why I decided to post my pic on my profile so they know what thay're in for from the start.
 lovin2blivin
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2006 8:23:40 AM

MO there are a lot of reasons why ppl don't have a pic posted. For myself, I have a digital camera, just hard to find the right time and person to take a pic of me. I'm usuallly the one behind the camera. Pictures can be anything you want them to be, taken years ago or recent, touched up or authentic just like profiles

Insecurity takes many forms, did you ever think that maybe you were too 'classy' for him? Don't be discouraged beach, and look on the positive side. If a man has so many possibilities that he can afford to pass you by, then he will probably choose someone who appeals to his ego and not his heart.
 Othmn1
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/7/2006 9:32:23 AM
I see a lot of sour grapes and whiney bytching in these posts.

You've got to have thick skin to play this game.
 sddude
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/7/2006 9:47:14 AM
people do not be whiney about this , move on , people do that for a lot of reasons , too fat , too short , too ugly etc... they are looking for attraction plain and simple, if they do not see it , they move on , well at least they should e-mail back and say something not so scathing, alot of women do that too and stop e-mailing in the middle of everything .

It is okay , if theier is something in you that you can fix to make yourself more marketable well go ahead, guys are visual , if you have a great body and your face looks like freddy krougar , you are still in for alot of guys and if your face is beautiful but you are not their body type , well alot of guys want the body type more than the face. It is alot of guys .

same with women about height , 95 percent of women really will not consider a short guy even if he is handsome, successful and has a great personality and spiritual quality . I have proved that time and time again . But these guys cannot ever be or become as physical marketable for first impressions . I am one of the good short guys , hehehehe I am screwed .

We are both shallow as genders go . Woman want the big protective guy that makes them feel small and taken care of , no matter what feminist modern view they have and guys still want the woman to have the body of young women they knew since they were 16 . This never really changes, only comprimizations revolve around this standard , try to get what we perceive as the best they can get .
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2006 10:30:12 PM
tacone....you do not look like you are 50....was that a typo???????????
 justmissbhavin
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/10/2006 7:47:41 PM
ok Ill go one step further..... Why start dialog, you know, Iming, Telephone calls, each declaring a spark... Arranging a time to meet in the near future like 2wks... Then nothing... See him online, try to Im with him, his window opens then nothing, then closes, then opens, then closes. then goes offline.... for several days now. Tried to email him, and I know he is reading them (cause it says read), ask for him to write back nothing.....
Now left in dark as to what the hell happened, last you talked everything was just fine.....
Why not have the balls to say that he is just not interested anymore, but thanks
Do these guys get some sick kick getting women to keep tryin to contact them, while they ignore them.
I don't know, but what ever happened to plain courtesy and kindness..... If I get a pop up from someone wanting to IM, and Im not interested then I just simply say that I am busy. or Thank you but Im not interested.....
But in this last incident, I just don't understand at all.... Anyone have any suggestions?
 brucem101
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/11/2006 8:06:52 AM
you really have to ask that question? i mean, damn....................
 Boltflight
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/11/2006 11:02:18 AM
Woman do it also.I`v had it done to me.Show them a pic and they lose interest.They aren`t always honest about it and play little games,like saying they bussy.I had one lady say to me after showing her a pic"No thanks your not my type",and this was after she emailed me first.When she said that,I began to smile,and giggle.Why?You might ask.Because it felt so good to see some honesty.I thought to myself"It`s about time I see a straight shooting woman."It`s no big deal to me if a lady dont` think I`m attractive.I KNOW many do.I have nothing to prove to myself or anyone else.Neither should you.Dont` worry about it.You cant` make people be honest,so see it for what it really is.I have no idea what u look like but I`l bet there are many who find u attractive,and I`m sure you will come across a few who will be honest with you.
Posted: 9/11/2006 3:46:30 PM
boy,bushbean, I am in trouble then

(although the leather photo was posted on a dare by a friend. and my profile elaborates pretty well).
 leahmarie
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:47:42 AM
Why don't you just post some pictures. Then you will not have to go through this type of ordeal, because that is what you are making it out to be.
 EC22
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/31/2007 9:55:48 AM
because some men are shallow ...

He isn't necessary shallow. In some cases he just simply wasn't attracted to the woman. Maybe in other cases, he has unrealistic expectations or is too picky. This can also apply to women. I do think it's rude to stop talking to someone without any kind explanation. It doesn't have to be a detalied explanation either. Something that is honest and upfront with TACT. I would say something like you aren't 'my physical type' or 'I'm not interested'. I wouldn't say that 'you are ugly'.
 dpd22
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/31/2007 10:47:14 AM
He isn't necessary shallow. In some cases he just simply wasn't attracted to the woman. Maybe in other cases, he has unrealistic expectations or is too picky. This can also apply to women.

I can understand no longer being interested in someone you are completely unattracted to. Yet I think a fair amount of okay looking and below average looking people ( men and women ) will turn down an okay looking person that they could be compatible with because they only go after the beauty queens. Also, a pic usually gives a general idea of what a person looks like, but you can't always tell how attractive a person is from a few pics. Some people can look better or worse in person than they do in a pic for a variety of reasons.

I do think it's rude to stop talking to someone without any kind explanation. It doesn't have to be a detalied explanation either. Something that is honest and upfront with TACT. I would say something like you aren't 'my physical type' or 'I'm not interested'. I wouldn't say that 'you are ugly'.

I do agree with this whether you are no longer interested in the other person after exchanging pics, a few email/phone conversations or 1-2 dates.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:18:17 PM
Penny,, I couldn't have said it better,,

OP---People are so hung up,, on why they are rejected,, this is the internet right,, it's not like your insulting your best friend,, no one really knows anyone one on here,, well for the most part,, we all have friends.. My experience has been when I get a message and say no thank you polity,, I get hate mail..about 50/50.. Don't loose sleep over the internent dating,, focus on life,, and the friends you have,,this place is fake,, with a hope of some realism.. Go read Penny 's respose again,, she hit the nail on the head.. Good luck,, Norm
 disducky
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:27:52 PM
Don't blame it on men. Plenty of women do it too.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do Men ask to see your pics then NEVER talk to you again....?