Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > Any Japanese anime fans here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LintusFlower
Msg: 16
Any Japanese anime fans here?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I like Jap anime, but the cheesy stuff...so i leave my list out...lol

Jas
 broken_bleeding_angel
Msg: 17
Any Japanese anime fans here?
Posted: 4/7/2007 6:28:52 AM
Anime
Howl's Moving Castle
Whispers of the Heart
My Neighboor Totoro (cat bus rox my sox!)
The Cat Returns
Nausicaa
Castle in the Sky
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Kiki's Delivery Service
(^ all by Hayao Miyazaki/ Studio Ghibli)
Onigai Please! (YouTube)
Akira (very gory lol)
Sailor Moon ( for those who don't know this was originially Hentai, they had to edit out about 30 mins or so of it)
Trigun (Vashy -kun! <3)
Gundamwing/seed
Escaflowne
Inuyasha
Bleach
Naruto
Chobit's
Fruits Basket
Ouran High School Host Club (YouTube)
Fushigi Yugi
Ceres: Celestial Legend
DBZ/DBGT
(lol there's more but I can't remember their names)

Manga's
The Wallflower (my fave)
Tramps Like Us!
Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket
Chobits (own the series!)
Fushigi Yugi (another fav)
Ceres: Celestial Legend
InuYasha
Bleach
From Far Away
Tsubasa
XXXholic
Trigun
Sailor moon
Harliquin pink (2)
DeathNote
Monster
.Hack//
Akira
Pet Shop of Horror's
Devil May Cry3
(lol there's alot more)
 Dany1180
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2007 8:00:22 AM
Just finished both Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny series and the animation and music in both are just fantastic.

Moved on now to Bleach and One Piece and I'm liking both so far. And thankfully, Naruto fillers are over... they were just painful to watch.
 Suju
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/7/2007 6:01:22 AM
I watch anime movies with my 22 year old son every now & again. Some are quite good story wise. However, there is one thing I simply cannot stand about most anime & that is the high-pitched voices of most female characters... I find this quite annoying. Not only does the voice usually not fit the characters profile - it usually demeans it. But then again, anime is very demeaning to the female gender in general otherwise they wouldn't always be portrayed the way they are nor would their body & style of dress be as they are.

My 2 cents
 Krozbonz
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/15/2007 7:31:00 AM
Wooot woot well lets see ? A.D Police Files, Angel Cop, Angelic Layer, Battle Angel, Blood:The Last Vampire, Blue Sonnet, Bubblegum Crisis, Burn Up, Burn Up W, Cardcaptor Sakura, Crying Freeman, Cyber City OEDO 808, Detonator Orgun, Devil Hunter Yohko, Dragon Half, Dragon Knight, Dragon Pink, Elfen Lied, Evangelion, Excel Saga, Fatal Fury the motion pictuer, Gallforce, Genesis Survivor Gaiarth, Genocyber, Ghost in the Shell, Gravitation, Golden Boy, Gunbuster, Gunslinger Girl, Gunsmith Cats, Guyver, Iczelion, Kimagure Orange Road, Love Hina, Macross, Mad Bull 34, Madox 01, M.D. Geist, Ninja Scroll, Patlabor, Project A-Ko, Ranma 1/2, Record of Lodoss War, Robotech, Sol Bianca, Vampire Hunter D.
oh god there too many too say but ya so far looks like they guys are in the lead so your prediction gonna come true of a 100:1 LMAO
 ikari56
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:22:36 PM
I'm still into anime and loving it :) I've gone out to a few conventions over the last few years and I've seen about 200 different anime between series and movies, but most of my favourites are the Post-retro era:
Vandred
Trigun
Seikai no Senki
Azumanga Daioh
Haibane Renmei
Nadesico
GTO
D.N.Angel
Full Metal Panic
Millenium Actress
Many of the CLAMP series
and of course all of the Studio Ghibli releases
 Yeuxbleu86
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2008 7:03:48 PM
Huge anime fan here!

I'm going to Toronto as a Cosplayer.
 Triplelift
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/13/2008 11:25:25 AM
Did you go to AnimeNorth?
I went too!
Who'd you go as?

And back on topic:
I like Pokemon, Digimon, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Ouran Host Club, Fruit Baskets, DN Angel, .hack// (all series), etc etc.

:)
 Musky Hunter
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/18/2008 9:45:45 PM
Ok.. I need to know...can anyone give me a list of animes with fighting? Whether it is pure martial arts or not. Just not a female main character, no mecha, and where it is not heavily dependant on guns. Anything with hand to hand and/or swords would be awesome....also super powers like yu yu hakusho or DBZ would be fantastic!

Thanks a bunch. I am pretty sure I am gonna get some cool peeps who are gonna repeat some animes I have seen. So here is some help with that.
I have seen:

Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Deeper Kyo, DB, DBZ, DBGT, Yu Yu Hakusho, Samurai Champloo, Flame of Recca, Bleach, Naruto, etc...

Thanks a bunch guys.
 mitchchan
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/28/2008 4:18:15 PM
i got into anime because of sailor moon.. my top twos are NOIR and Neon Genesis Evangelion.
 lizziechan
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/12/2009 8:27:26 AM

I have been collecting for close to 15 years now. I can't even name all of the Anime and Manga series that I have anymore. I have hundreds of cds and tons of DVDs even VHS tapes. I used to run a VHS fansub distro once a very long time ago. I got out of Anime after a sojurn in Japan just got me over saturated on Japanese culture. If anyone knows any Anime clubs or is hosting any Anime related events let me know please.

You can try www.meetup.com - there might be anime near Montreal/Quebec depending where you lived.
 minako79
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/10/2009 5:59:06 PM
Me :hand raises: I got into anime because of sailor moon. Noir, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fruits Basket, Trigun and Witch Hunter Robin. ^^
 icboobs
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/17/2011 3:36:43 AM
Code Geass

I'm getting into Japanese Anime, and there are a handful that I could recommend; but Code Geass is by far my favorite. It brought me to tears in so many episodes. I was completely skeptical during the first 30 minutes of it, but then I could not stop watching and stayed up for 24 hours until I had watched every single episode, and I would do it again. I'm on the hunt for more good anime now. I liked DBZ, Death Note, Evagelion, Deadman Wonderland, Blue Exorcist, and xxxHolic, and I'm currently watching Guilty Crown; but I haven't been able to find other Japanese Animes that I like as much yet. I don't like it when the main character is a female, and I don't like little kiddy ones where there doesn't seem to be any character depth. I'm also not into vampires and dragons, or animes where the protagonists seem to be lacking souls.
 TedJMill
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2011 11:07:04 AM
I'm an anime fan; I go to a monthly anime-watching group, and a couple of anime conventions a year. Some favorite series are Azumanga Daioh and Death Note.
 icboobs
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/12/2011 5:27:10 PM
Since my last post, I've watched Broken Blade, Trigun, Getbackers, Highschool of the Dead, Blue Gender, and Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple. I'm currently watching Towa no Quon and Guilty Crown, since they are ongoing series. I'm having a lot of fun, and I hope to discover more awesome anime shows soon.
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/13/2012 3:35:05 PM
Used to be. Now just want to try and sell off everything I have on dvd and vhs.
 FlatterMePlease
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/30/2012 5:22:38 AM
necroposting

+1 anime "fan"
Seen all I could find with a "top 10/50/100/200 anime list" google search ...
EXCEPT sport/mecha/Bish┼Źnen stuff and a few specific like Digimon/DBZ wich fore some reason I have no interest in.

I would have to mention only two that are probably in my top 10:
Serial Experiments Lain
and
.hack//SIGN (and to a lesser degree the rest on the .hack franchise)

As for owning DVD of them ... I tend to watch anime BEFORE they are licensed locally so ... +1 for internet.
 exswede
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/10/2012 8:13:03 AM
Miyazaki, well Spirited Away is a masterpiece of course, my favorite is Whisper of the Heart. I don't care much for his other stuff. I prefer Makoto Shinkai.
Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > Any Japanese anime fans here?