Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy I met online keeps asking for money      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smileee4u
Msg: 83
Guy I met online keeps asking for moneyPage 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Haven't you seen the reports warning of scams.... RUN FOR THE HILLS.
 roger lee
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Guy I met online keeps asking for money
Posted: 6/20/2008 8:58:27 PM
This is a romance version of the 'Nigerian' or '419' scam. I have had 6 women contact me out of the blue on another dating site, all telling me how much they are in love with me. One, I even counted in her 3rd email to me, called me sweetie, sweetheart & dear 15 times in one email! And that is way too excessive for some women who naturally refer to another person politely as honey or dear. All but one have been deleted from that site apparently because of their suspecious behavior. I don't think my profile or my magnetic personality (dripping with sarcasm) cause so many women to fall head over heels in love with me. Come on. Something is definately wrong here. They all have the same general pattern. A few good links that helped me with this are:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/nigeria.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_419_scam
http://www.419eater.com/
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/nigeralrt.shtm
http://www.datingnmore.com/fraud/scam_database.htm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8704213/

Please, as heart-breaking as his story may sound, don't let yourself get to emotionally bound that you fall for this.

Roger
 lil red corvette
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2008 9:25:20 PM
Do a quick online search for scams , especially from Nigeria and you will see that there are many going on.
Different names given , different reasons for needing money but all are scams.
There are people over there who communicate over the phone or internet with as many potential marks as they can , pretending to be whomever they think the marks might feel sympathy for and saying anything to get some more money.
Block this crook.. no matter what they say to you , it is a lie.
Don't communicate at all.... all they want is to get you to send money .. you and all the other people they are trying to sucker.
 briargate
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/22/2008 1:42:46 PM
Hello darling woman!

This is Professor Mafuz again. I know you are probably tired of me asking for this small favor of a loan of not less than $500 without interest and no repayment due date. But I simply must ask you again, stupid cow! Now, don't cry. You are not a stupid cow. I was only angry for a moment, but I am much better now. I love and adore the ground you walk on, beautiful woman of mine! I cherish the very breath that passes from your lips to mine, if in fact I was ever lucky enough to stand in front of you in person. But my life is in such turmoil now and I must find the money, or I will be shot by a firing squad in one week! Are you so heartless that you would see me die? I have a f@cking PhD, stupid woman! Do you know what a waste that will be?

Again, I am sorry for getting my temper up once more. Please reconsider and immediately deposit $500 into HSB, Nairobi bank account # 4568793422.

You are my savior and great love.

-Marrab
 barbee1970
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/18/2009 8:04:33 AM
This is a scam, called the Nigeria scam. I've had 2 of those. I had one claiming he had a store in Nigeria and he was sending merchandise here telling me to Fed Ex the merchandise. Fed Ex found out the merchandise was stolen. How you order stuff online and not pay is beyond me.

Guy # 2 claimed he also had a store and had a 10 yr old son in Nigeria, asked me to send the boy expensive gifts and ask me to fly there. Am I stupid as I look? I learned all about the scam when Fed Ex told me.

I say block him. If he was dumb enough to fly there, let him keep his dumba** there.
 catkin2007
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/18/2009 9:03:23 AM
scammer, run as fast as you can... and please tell me you didn't send him any money.
 annywn
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/1/2012 2:06:47 AM
KINDA sorta,,,, except magically people I didn't know were dying and left me millions and millions. I only needed to respond with my back account info and the money was mine. I refered them to contact me at my email. how****ingstupiddoyouthinkiam.com

funny thing, \i never heard back?
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2012 4:45:15 AM
Good news!

The OP never did send money.

toni332
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/11/2006 1024 PM
Hi CheesyFeet,

Interesting name by the way. You're wrong. I haven't sent him any money and I haven't fell for him, either. I definitely don't believe in love at first site and this guy was always telling me he loved me. I should have figured it out then. Basically, I just wanted to know if anyone else has gone through this. I plan on doing some research on this particular subject and I totally appreciate all the responses I've gotten.

By the way, I did block this guy out.

Thanks everyone for all the advice.
 pinkmittens
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/2/2012 9:18:58 PM
scam, report, block, change your id if needed... (you can still access the people who you are currently talking with through your new id)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy I met online keeps asking for money