Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy I met online keeps asking for money      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 51
Guy I met online keeps asking for moneyPage 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Your involved in a scam...

stop writing to him...

if you want to have some fun.. send him monopoly money
and tell him... its all you have... and the thought is what counts.

Stop messing with him... tell him you are taking a postion
at the peace corps and may see him in Nigeria later this year...
and stop talking to him.

bleeptwo
Msg: 52
Guy I met online keeps asking for money
Posted: 6/9/2006 7:24:46 AM
More then likely a complete an utter scam. A lot of times these guys do have degree's they came to the states and got an education we let a lot of Nigerians in because they got oil in there country. Anyways they get a good education and have to go home problem is no jobs so they try to make a living scamming others online. I had a friend who is a professor here in states. People that speak good english are offered jobs and put in a room with computers to try to scam people in US Canada and England. Sad part is some also have to do it as a way of paying tuition and living expenses while in college or they have to work so many hours scamming to get online to due college work. Send him nothing. Truth is they would do better finding a wife in another country and immigrating. There are a lot of African American woman looking for husbands that are not hood rats or lazy.
 BettyBoops17
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/9/2006 7:55:15 AM
Ummm, this guy is a typical scammer, this is an old line, that keeps resurfacing! Try blocking him from sending you emails and IMs, as well, post his handle so the rest of us can identify him for what he is...a scammer! His cussing you out, etc, is a typical abusers way of making you feel small and belittled, so in turn, you will respond to him positively, and more keenly when he is "nice" to you! Don't fall for this shit, kick him to the curb where he belongs!!
 ctrydancer
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2006 7:59:22 AM
well I guess it all depends on truth...I was forced to sell my home in NH and I came down here to stay with my sister and was immediately hired to teach in the fall. My divorce is not final yet, he's fighting for just the sake of making me go into debt. I received a letter from my lawyer saying I needed to be back in NH within 72 hours. (I have the letter) I'm receiving unemployment checks if they are mailed to me from my Post Office up North...yes this is legit...well I was stuck and no gas to get home. I wasn't looking for a handout. This was not a scam...Guess keep eyes wide open!
 Fry Lock
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2006 8:03:59 AM
I email em back and tell em they are going to Hell for this kind of thing; then I block them; kinda like getting the last word...
 Gallivanting1
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/9/2006 8:06:06 AM
Oh man, stop doing that. When I go to Hell the last thing I need is a bunch of Nigerian scammers. That really would make it Hell.
 Carol27
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/9/2006 8:06:18 AM

Ummmm, well, hmmmmm, I guess I would start by NOT TALKING TO HIM! Block him and don't let him contact you.
 dragon_fyre
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:03:16 AM
Hi Toni! I am from Canada, and I was sent to South Carolina to be the Consulting Engineer for a major highway construction project. I am having trouble getting my payroll squared away, my wife is dead, my child is sick and my dog got ran over last night. I am out of money. Can you send me $500? My work visa is soon to expire as well. I think you are really pretty and are the one for me (assuming you send me the money). Did I mention that I need the money?

Duh,,,its a scam! Why do you need to ask for advice??? Not to come across as rude or anything, but this scam has been ALL over the news (everywhere!!!). Like everyone else says,,,,DROP HIM LIKE A HOT ROCK, AND RUN AWAY!!! Report him to Admin and hope you have enough sense to NOT give him anything!!!
 mrchucko
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:09:57 AM
Screw him. Keep your money. Scam hon. No doubt about it.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:20:36 AM
my vote is to send him some monopoly money
and then play dumb... like he can go spend it.

hey... one of you might as well get a laugh
from this...
might as well be you.
 delytful
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:24:51 AM
I would laugh at any guy who asked me for money, unless it was a clerk in a store tallying up my purchases. And guys think women are always after money. I ask for nothing so they don't have any room to think I "owe" in ANY way.
 molonel
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:29:29 AM
No offense, OP, but this is so obviously a scam I am amazed you have to come onto a message board and ask about it.

Why are you still talking to this guy? You're an adult. Get some sense in your head.
 mom of 2
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:34:16 AM

my vote is to send him some monopoly money
and then play dumb... like he can go spend it.

I like this one! Just make sure you use all $1 bills in monopoly money. Imagine the look on his face as he goes to open a nice thick envelope and finding play money inside!!!
 Marilynized
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:45:28 AM
Why are you even still communicationg with this person? One word for you honey: BLOCK.
 sillyatheart3
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:47:28 AM
Never give money.. Always tell them that americans are not stuped we know it is all a scame.. and belive me i meet a minister who belived a women and sent her 1800.00 for a plain ticket.. she went down to the airport and took the ticket and cashed it in.. then a few months later gave him a weeping story and asked for more money.. then he met me and i chewed his damn ass out and well he learned it was a fraud and i turned her in..

never give money to no one it is all a scame.. the end
 darwizz
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/9/2006 12:02:44 PM
Oh please just don't do that.. They are users and all they want is money from woman.
Yes i did experienced it to.. For god sake, as soon as they tell you that they are from Nigeria,please get reed of them. They are scums.. And by the way they are not americans, but Africans.. So please be carefull. And think twice before you start communicating with them...They are nothing but liers...
 suretool
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/9/2006 12:11:04 PM
Block Him

What a jerk Most prof's I know have there own money.

Good Luck
 txguy62
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/9/2006 12:19:49 PM
tell him to contact the nigeria bank manager, everytime that guy emails me hes trying to ditch millions, surely he can pare a few c notes. :P
 31mike
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/9/2006 12:35:16 PM
Don't send the guy a dime he is trying to scam you and probably trying to scam alot of other women for money. This is rampant all over the internet people from other countries trying to scam americans for money anyway they can. It is really bad on the dating services I belong to a few different dating sites and women or men you never know who is on the other end say they are in different countries and want to come and meet you and they say they need money for a visa or whatever and they try to butter you up for a few weeks and then ask for money so here is what I do. I let them butter me up and I go along with it for a few weeks and I let them think that I am going to send the money and then I lay into them and laugh that they just wasted a few weeks trying to get money that I was never going to send in the first place and these people get pissed off big time and I love it. Lead the guy on and let him think you are sending it and then laugh at him he deserves it for trying to pull the your not christian thing to get it in the first place.
 bikerbabe66
Msg: 70
Don't you do it!!!!!
Posted: 6/9/2006 1:04:00 PM
Girlfriend.......you need to cut him off. Change your # if need be! He could be a rapist or in jail or something. I've worked for the prison system & believe me......they know how to use the computers! LOOSE THE LOOSER!!!!
 kmhstx
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/9/2006 3:17:10 PM
Yep, several times, I knew right away it was going to be a scam....as they "fall" in love way too fast. Just forget about it. Its a total and complete scam.
 kgschap
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/9/2006 6:38:36 PM
Scam! Cut him off!
 The Main Thing
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/9/2006 7:19:17 PM
I think the question is stupid. How can you afford to send him money while you are paying me
 ~Juggernaut~
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/9/2006 9:01:47 PM
I love you too I need new tires for my truck :)
 raainbow
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2006 9:32:12 PM
You havent even MET him. You dont know if he is really a professor or really has a PHD or if any of the story is even true. Even if it is, he has other friends/family and his own line of credit at his bank & credit cards. It is not your responsibility to play caretaker to him. If I were in yr position & this turkey tried to manipulate me with the guilt line that "I'm not acting like a Christian,,,call me names & cuss me out wouldn't last more than a minute. He is the one who isn't acting like a Christian. He is a taker not a giver. I'd hang up & block him immediately. Don't listen to him. Put yourself first .. you are worth it. People like him are 'takers' are all over...when he realizes he is getting nowhere with you, he will find someone else. Be Firm. Have clear Boundaries! Raainbow.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Guy I met online keeps asking for money